GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #68

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would get a lifetime ban if I used my words for her.
Same.

And I don't think KK will have an easy life (not that anyone minds !); because her testimony helped to lock away a person's precious for the rest of his miserable life.
And I'm certain someone(s) may be seething over this.
And KK may serve some time and be going on with her life-- so she could be an easy target for someone. She'll be out in the public eye.
KK might spend the rest of her life looking over her shoulder.
Let that sink in.

I have such disdain for adult children that put their parent's in this position. But here we have a mother that was no stranger to the victim, and at no time gave KB an ounce of respect-- in life or in death. It's no surprise she raised PF. MOO
Yeah, it's really hard to understand why sf would not want kb for a daughter in law.

In this time of light sentences for horrific crimes, I was thrilled with this judge literally throwing the book at PF. I was particularly tickled with the 5 years probation.

May he enjoy a lifetime of green bologna sammiches, over boiled hotdogs, pressed chicken filets and honey buns.
Delicacies of ramen. How to cook a hundred ways - Prison Style.

The fact that her other son and her daughter were not there with her for that may speak loudly that this Thanksgiving will be very different from 2018.
Sad but I believe correct. Hopefully they ( at least his bother from the Springs) can go on with their lives with *some* ( but not all) integrity.. moo AS far as I can see HE is the ONY one that did the right thing in the (sad excuse for a) family moo

It was good. He really did do his due diligence. I'm sure they weighed the risk involved in not winning their case if they didn't have Krystal's knowledge of what had taken place.

From May's press conference:

I gotta say, none of us wanted to give a deal to Krystal Lee. She deserves every day that the judge may or may not sentence, he’ll decide that sentence. But she deserves every single day that she gets.

Part of our job I don’t like, I didn’t like in this case. Ultimately it was my decision. I can tell you we spoke with Miles DeYoung with the Woodland Park police department, we spoke to the agents who were involved in this case to get their opinions, I spoke with my team, I actually spoke with a number of other prosecutors. We did a deal with the devil. There’s no ifs, ands, or buts about that. And I’m not that proud of that.

But. There’s no question that Kelsey (chokes up a bit, voice catches with emotion) wouldn’t have had the sure justice today without making that deal with the devil.
Emph. mine

Referred to KK as "the devil".
She'll eventually get on with her life. But she's made enemies with the Frazee's and god knows who else.
Karma can be a "B"and all that.

My thoughts are with the Berreths'.
I'm sure baby K. will help them heal for years to come !

In this time of light sentences for horrific crimes, I was thrilled with this judge literally throwing the book at PF. I was particularly tickled with the 5 years probation.

May he enjoy a lifetime of green bologna sammiches, over boiled hotdogs, pressed chicken filets and honey buns.

And bad haircuts, balding, no Rogaine, and absolutely no admirers. Hopefully, even if some nutcase decides to marry him in prison, he will never enjoy anything more than a visit with plexiglass between them and the knowledge that it's all being recorded (if he can, in fact, keep that in his head). He'll have to live without Maw's cooking and I bet she'll rarely go to see him.

Not only is Sam and awesome reporter but, on twitter, he actually takes the time to answer tweets to him - like he's not busy enough! Amazing guy (and adorable).

Wouldn't you love to have him over just to hang out for dinner and talk about the case?

This was the best coverage of a case I've ever experienced and I hope Sam gets a raise for it!

Last edited:
As usual, I am endlessly behind and know I will never catch up, so thank you all.

I am so pleased that Kelsey's mom was able to express all that has been pent up inside since this horrible tragedy happened. I hope they will be able to move forward in their lives now and also have a chance to grief the loss of their beloved Kelsey while raising that beautiful little girl that is a part of her.

Have to tell you...this was the second time in about a month or so that I was waiting on a verdict and it came in as I was walking my puppy...now I know the trick for a verdict!!
BBM... Good Lord! I literally left the thread TWO MINUTES before the first "BREAKING" tweet was posted, to walk my beloved Pupparoo! I'll have to keep this in mind for the next trial I follow!

That fool, PF, will probably spend some serious time trying to figure out he he can move to the probation phase.

Fully agree, if there had been two bats instead of one, KK would have been swinging the bat right along with PF. IMO
Agree. Then both would have cleaned up together and had dinner with MaF at the dinner table. *gag*

I just bet that MaF is letting out a string of curses tonight......... they better watch her closely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PCook77