GUILTY MO - Jennifer Rothwell, 28, pregnant, murdered, St. Louis County, 12 Nov 2019 *husband arrested*

this might be it, y’all.

Lincoln County is about an hour north of central St. Louis, so not in STL County PD jurisdiction.

Fox2 link

Saw that too. It would be an easy drive west on 64 to hwy 61 N to Troy. I don't know what type of vehicle he had. Maybe they got a warrant this weekend to get any gps info from vehicles. Speculating. Saturday (or maybe it was Fri) is the opening of deer season for rifle hunters. Could be hunters found something.

Kim St. Onge on Twitter

St. Louis County police searching wooded area in Troy, Mo. | News Headlines | kmov.com

As of 7 p.m., a large presence from the St. Louis County Police Department was near the intersection of Highway 61 and KK in Lincoln County searching in a wooded area with spotlights.

St. Louis County Police spokesman Ben Granda confirmed the search and said it was part of an ongoing investigation. Granda said officers expect to be on the scene for some time for the search and investigation.

Last edited:
Just saw this tweet a few minutes ago about the search near Troy and immediately wondered.if it is related. Since it is STL Co police doing the search I suspect it is.

Seems like it would be a difficult drive with frozen precip on the ground but if it happened before Monday then probably not.

Saw that too. It would be an easy drive west on 64 to hwy 61 N to Troy. I don't know what type of vehicle he had. Maybe they got a warrant this weekend to get any gps info from vehicles. Speculating. Saturday (or maybe it was Fri) is the opening of deer season for rifle hunters. Could be hunters found something.

they lived in st. charles before moving to creve coeur in 2018 so it’s an area he’s familiar with too

hey hey. i'm local too and have been following the story closely. just want to include a few pieces of info i haven't seen posted here yet.

posts from acquaintances of beau and jennifer have said that:
  • she went out with friends Saturday night, so as far as we know that could be her last confirmed sighting. there was no mention of whether she went to work on Monday, but with it being both Veteran's Day and a poor weather day with lots of snow and ice, it's fairly likely that she didn't go to work. that gives him quite the large window to work with (early Sunday morning through Tuesday afternoon when he reported her missing).
  • they met in engineering school at Mizzou and people who were in undergrad with him there said he was a complete disaster. apparently he had to show up to the ethics committee for a huge hearing due to his rampant cheating. they claim he got caught photoshopping a police report when he said he was in an accident and missed an exam !!!!
    • that says a lot about his character to me. it's clear that he goes above and beyond your average college kid antics. like, yes, people cheat, but not everyone goes as far as making a fraudulent police report. most people draw the line before that but clearly he doesn’t have a line.
  • back when she first went pissing, police told people they didn't want a public search effort. i assumed it was because they already had a feeling where she was and they didn't want people trampling over a crime scene, but at this point it just feels odd. they seem to have nothing and are still searching, so why stop a public search? i grew up there (my high school is on the street where her car was found) and the open areas and woods are pretty well contained by residential homes, so it wouldn't be hard to sweep the area. it's no national forrest.

but it really bugs me that they're not making a more visible effort to find her body. not to be insensitive, but it really wasn't that cold out last week (the snow started melting on Wednesday with temps rising), so it's not like the cops would have been put in super dangerous weather conditions. the more time she's left exposed to the elements, the more difficult it will be for them to determine exactly what happened to her, so i'd hope they'd be motivated to find her remains even if it is just a recovery mission at this point.

maybe they have reason to believe he scattered her remains? that would certainly make a search much more difficult. looking for a bunch of small pieces of evidence vs. one big one would explain the meager search and rescue efforts that we've seen so far. of course, we don't know everything they've been doing, but it's been a week since she was killed and they appear to have no leads on her remains. she needs to be brought home already.

plus i find it hard to believe that this guy hasn't cracked yet. his actions so far scream of unplanned idiocy, and yet he's holding his own with the cops? the same guy who probably had no clue where the cleaning supplies were in the house so he had to go on camera and buy some? i don't see it.

Good info....thanks for sharing.

I find it interesting that the articles say she was last seen Tues morning but never say who saw her. Seems like if it was her husband saying that and he was the only source LE wouldn't put much faith in it and say her husband is the only source.

If confirmed I suspect LE may have video of her leaving the house. Maybe a neighbors video?

hey hey. i'm local too and have been following the story closely. just want to include a few pieces of info i haven't seen posted here yet.

posts from acquaintances of beau and jennifer have said that:
  • she went out with friends Saturday night, so as far as we know that could be her last confirmed sighting. there was no mention of whether she went to work on Monday, but with it being both Veteran's Day and a poor weather day with lots of snow and ice, it's fairly likely that she didn't go to work. that gives him quite the large window to work with (early Sunday morning through Tuesday afternoon when he reported her missing).
  • they met in engineering school at Mizzou and people who were in undergrad with him there said he was a complete disaster. apparently he had to show up to the ethics committee for a huge hearing due to his rampant cheating. they claim he got caught photoshopping a police report when he said he was in an accident and missed an exam !!!!
    • that says a lot about his character to me. it's clear that he goes above and beyond your average college kid antics. like, yes, people cheat, but not everyone goes as far as making a fraudulent police report. most people draw the line before that but clearly he doesn’t have a line.
  • back when she first went pissing, police told people they didn't want a public search effort. i assumed it was because they already had a feeling where she was and they didn't want people trampling over a crime scene, but at this point it just feels odd. they seem to have nothing and are still searching, so why stop a public search? i grew up there (my high school is on the street where her car was found) and the open areas and woods are pretty well contained by residential homes, so it wouldn't be hard to sweep the area. it's no national forrest.
BBM. I'm local as well and had read the same comments about his college days but since it wasn't verified I didn't post it. And yes if true, it absolutely speaks to his character.

but it really bugs me that they're not making a more visible effort to find her body. not to be insensitive, but it really wasn't that cold out last week (the snow started melting on Wednesday with temps rising), so it's not like the cops would have been put in super dangerous weather conditions. the more time she's left exposed to the elements, the more difficult it will be for them to determine exactly what happened to her, so i'd hope they'd be motivated to find her remains even if it is just a recovery mission at this point.

maybe they have reason to believe he scattered her remains? that would certainly make a search much more difficult. looking for a bunch of small pieces of evidence vs. one big one would explain the meager search and rescue efforts that we've seen so far. of course, we don't know everything they've been doing, but it's been a week since she was killed and they appear to have no leads on her remains. she needs to be brought home already.

plus i find it hard to believe that this guy hasn't cracked yet. his actions so far scream of unplanned idiocy, and yet he's holding his own with the cops? the same guy who probably had no clue where the cleaning supplies were in the house so he had to go on camera and buy some? i don't see it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alafair
Back