GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #68

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lauren Scharf on Twitter
In a press conference moments ago, the prosecution described Patrick Frazee as a sociopath and added that “they made a deal with the devil” referring to Krystal Lee Kenney. They said they’ll continue to look for Kelsey Berreth’s remains. @FOX21News #Frazee
4:59 PM - 18 Nov 2019 from Colorado, USA

Lauren Scharf on Twitter (Video)
Those in town were not happy that multiple officer cars were blocking their view of seeing convicted murderer Patrick Frazee as he left the Teller County Courthouse. He was sentenced to life without the possibility of parole plus 156 years. @FOX21News
5:03 PM - 18 Nov 2019

It really bothers me that they protected his “dignity” in that way. Super bad optics, officers.

Wow! I've followed this case in here from day one. I don't know why a missing person in Colorado caught my attention waaaay down in southeast Ohio but it did. I'm a man full growed, had been a sergeant in the Army, a Captain with a sheriff's department and now retired after 25 years in corrections but the verdict brought tears to my eyes. No shame. Praying for peace for Kelsey's family, friends, and all who had to deal with investigating and prosecuting this horrific case.

No shame at all.

I’m confused about the “finally” since pretty much everyone on these threads agrees. The full statement?:

Cheryl acknowledged Kenney’s role in getting this conviction, but said, “she shouldn’t have received a plea deal. She was an active participant in the murder. The only thing she didn’t do is swing the bat.”
Sam Kraemer (@SamKraemerTV) on Twitter

I think we all wish she could get more. But hopefully her life is ruined as a result of this.
To me, it's the difference between moral definition of criminal and legal definition of criminal.
Morally they are no different, but alas legally they are.

From my own standpoint in this case...personally...I think she is worse because she could have stopped it many, many, many, many times and she didn't. We all agree she was on board.

But..she didn't actually do it..and she wasn't there when it happened. So legally, not as bad.
To me..worse.

She should never lay her eyes on her children again. She doesn't deserve to breathe the same air as them. She had a part in killing a child's mother, who now has neither parent in her life to help raise her. Kelsey can never bring her daughter to school, can never be there for her Christmas shows at school, will never see the excitement of her fact at Christmas lights or Santa coming in the morning. Kelsey can never do those things with her daughter- Krystal doesn't deserve to, either.
Also, Krystal doesn't have the decency in her to protect her own children. She simply cannot have custody of any nature of them. They deserve safety and protection from her! If I were her ex I would try to get her rights terminated.
She will be sentenced soon and I would think he could get this all taken care of while she's behind bars.
I would immediately get a restraining order also.
jmo

I can’t even begin to imagine what the members of the jury are feeling tonight. I hope they are surrounded by loved ones & are being easy on themselves.

Ugh I know they must’ve felt his darkness to the core. It was infectious. I couldn’t even be in this thread. You guys are all very brave and committed.

So sorry I'm late.
But I'm here now.
Simply overwhelming news.

I'm soaking up the information as quickly as my head and heart can both absorb them.
Both are so full right now that I can't quite find the words to give voice to either my thoughts or my feelings yet.
The words haven't come...but they will.

Fortunately, everyone here is managing somehow to beautifully articulate the significance of this day, this verdict, this sentencing and in fact this entire case. Every post I read strikes a resonant chord.
Thanks to everyone posting here for finding the words, and sharing them with this group.

As I'm sitting here reading all of today's posts, trying to get take it all in, I'm struck by the profound display of commitment, caring, camaraderie and compassion shown by all of my fellow posters here on this thread.

It's really been an amazing group of posters here on Kelsey's thread.
Always has been a remarkable group...always will be.

"Who's Here for Kelsey?"

We Are.

We Are.
You are amazing. You have more than given us your best in every post, some so comical and a great relief from the heartache this case caused us all.

So happy you were on here. Great group, from start to finish, but I don't think we're done yet, @GordianKnot , far from it, my friend! Slater is still looking for Kelsey's body, we need to follow up on whoever was in cohoots with the hit list, and we need to somehow, some way, make sure that Baby K stays with the Berreth family and out of site and mind from the evil family members that defended that sick varmint now forever behind bars.

Thanks for being here.

I hope Krystal Lee knows how lucky she is to be alive, she could of easily been beat to death and burned that same night. 3 years is not enough ( if that is what she gets) but it will pass a day at a time, Death is forever.

I don’t think she can. Aggravators are unlikely to exist in her case so she is facing a max of 18 months and she’s a first time offender.

But I think he may give her the full 18 months.

The real justice for her will come in other ways though I think. Loss of her nursing license. Hopefully loss of custody of her kids. Ostracism from normal society, etc.

So sorry I'm late.
But I'm here now.
Simply overwhelming news.

I'm soaking up the information as quickly as my head and heart can both absorb them.
Both are so full right now that I can't quite find the words to give voice to either my thoughts or my feelings yet.
The words haven't come...but they will.

Fortunately, everyone here is managing somehow to beautifully articulate the significance of this day, this verdict, this sentencing and in fact this entire case. Every post I read strikes a resonant chord.
Thanks to everyone posting here for finding the words, and sharing them with this group.

As I'm sitting here reading all of today's posts, trying to get take it all in, I'm struck by the profound display of commitment, caring, camaraderie and compassion shown by all of my fellow posters here on this thread.

It's really been an amazing group of posters here on Kelsey's thread.
Always has been a remarkable group...always will be.

"Who's Here for Kelsey?"

We Are.

We Are.

Oh. Bravo. Beautiful.

Okay, I know this might be a stupid comment- but i think the investigators need to go back to Nash Ranch... Didn’t the defense say he could have killed her there the night before without anyone knowing? Did they try to throw a bone?? Again might be a stupid thought...

Reposting
@JakobRodgers
"We worried about the baby's safety, knowing from the evidence that Patrick had killed already, wondering if he'd kill the baby, rather than release her," said Cheryl Berreth, #KelseyBerreth's mother.

@JakobRodgers
#KelseyBerreth's mother said that after Kelsey disappeared, she feared for the safety of her granddaughter, Kaylee, especially as the girl remained in the care of #PatrickFrazee.
I can't imagine how hard that had to be for the Berreths. They did an absolutely amazing job, keeping calm, classy, and didn't belittle Patrick like I am sure they all wanted to, for Baby K's sake. It worried many of us, the baby being in his care, and after he was arrested- just the thoughts of MaF keeping her scared me to pieces.

Cheryl, if you ever read this- you are an amazing and classy woman. I am so glad you finally can let this all out. A year is too long to have to hold this inside. Finally, you got to express your disgust. Your love and protection not only for Baby K's safety and well being, but for Kelsey's reputation, shines through. Kelsey would be so proud of her Mamma.

I don’t think she can. Aggravators are unlikely to exist in her case so she is facing a max of 18 months and she’s a first time offender.

But I think he may give her the full 18 months.

The real justice for her will come in other ways though I think. Loss of her nursing license. Hopefully loss of custody of her kids. Ostracism from normal society, etc.
18 months is only a moment in time. It will go quickly. It’s not long enough. She has lost her dignity forever. It is irretrievable. Because.

Absolutely. Well said. In May's press conference he even said he consulted with a number of other prosecutors before making that plea agreement.

I can only imagine how much that rankles in his heart. I mean the whole reason he got into this line of work was justice and he had to let a conspirator go, in essence, to keep the baby safe and put away the actual killer.

That’s horrible. I’m betting that when he and his team are supposed to be sleeping at night, they lie awake sweating about that.

And the point you keep making to keep an argument going. Give it a break. KK and PF are equally evil. Just happens that PF is the only one going away for life. KK could have done something to try to prevent this. And you know it. Everyone here knows it.

No.
Not everyone.

I have always disagreed with the idea that there's some type of moral equivalency between what KK did and what PF did.

The 2 aren't even comparable.

KK's a vile, reprehensible woman.
But she's not a violent, brutal, vicious murderer.

PF solicited KK to kill KB multiple times, and she balked each and every time.
KK may or may not have wanted KB dead.
But even if she did want her dead, KK didn't want KB dead enough to kill her.

PF wanted KB dead enough to kill her.
And to do so in a most gruesome, excruciating manner.

PF is the one whose evil mind plotted KB's murder.
PF is the one whose evil hands executed KB's murder.

PF drove the bat into KB's body 15 times or more.
He relentlessly battered her.

So, when it comes to driving home the point that PF swung the bat, some of us here are not willing to give it a break.

That's a level of evil that's almost incomprehensible.

There's no moral equivalency here.

Not even close.

JMO.

Last edited:
Court documents detail Idaho nurse's role in death of Kelsey Berreth

KTVB spoke with former Idaho attorney general and lieutenant governor, Dave Leroy about how a deal like that comes about and if a judge can throw out that deal if more information is released.

“She is both a criminal and a witness and in this case. They determined it was so important that she be available as a witness, they gave her a favorable plea deal,” Leroy said. “The authority that the judge will have in regard to Ms. Lee is simply to sentence her within the maximum or minimums of the crime that is presented to him or her."

[...]

“Ms. Lee, the Idaho resident, actually was a principle as a criminal in a couple of things, she destroyed evidence here in Idaho, she gave initially false statements to investigators in Idaho, both of those are crimes here,” Leroy said.

[...]

When it comes to the Colorado activity though, Leroy says, Kenney is considered an accessory after the fact.

ETA: Obviously, Colorado agreed not to charge KB for accessory after the fact and settled with tampering charge pursuant to her plea agreement.

This day is about Kelsey, but I can’t help but think of Shanann, CeCe and Bella today as well, how I felt that day when Watts was sentenced. I’m not sure if today triggered some of the emotions during the Watts trial for you, Colorado303, but it did for me. While there were cheers that Justice was served, at the end there was just that sadness that none of this had to happen, pointless...all this for NOTHING. It’s just a feeling of sadness.
Seems like every couple weeks every new trial that we pay attention to... Years and years reading these cases... So many i dont have time to comment but endless reading... And feeling...so glad for this guilty verdict...i do so appreciate those of u that keep these cases going for us. Thank you!

I'm so glad it was all so swift. The Berreths have been tortured enough. I pray their adoption petition moves fast, as well, so they can begin to focus on moving forward.
They certainly have, and as much of a relief it must be to have their beautiful granddaughter in their arms and the guilty verdict for their daughter's murderer, they still have the custody battle ahead, and many loose ends to tighten up. I send them my continued prayers for strength, healing, and peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress