GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #68

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe he killed in order to have full possession of the baby. I think that attitude came from somewhere. So I won’t be surprised if she did continue to fight.
I can see her continuing 'the fight' for custody. But from my understanding, if the Berreth's legally adopt Baby K, then they are the one's to decide if she visits anyone else or not. And Colorado is not a 'grandparent visitation' state, from what others here have posted. I sure hope not anyway.

ETA: I say this as an adoptive parent, who closely studied the legal ramifications of our ongoing 'open adoptions' ---and we were always assured that we had total control of the decisions about when, where and IF we wanted to continue visitations with extended birth family.

PF manipulated KK. I am actually surprised that she testified against him to save herself, because it was a 360 degree turn in her brain to do that. She had betrayed her parents, her reputation, her profession, her children and her husband for him. She had ceased to have a self by the time she was cleaning up his crime scene, IMO.

I like that last sentence. It’s true.

I can see her continuing 'the fight' for custody. But from my understanding, if the Berreth's legally adopt Baby K, then they are the one's to decide if she visits anyone else or not. And Colorado is not a 'grandparent visitation' state, from what others here have posted. I sure hope not anyway.

ETA: I say this as an adoptive parent, who closely studied the legal ramifications of our ongoing 'open adoptions' ---and we were always assured that we had total control of the decisions about when, where and IF we wanted to continue visitations with extended birth family.

Yes. If they adopt it would be their choice.

I love this from Leagle Beagle:
"...violent crimes such as murder, and particularly murder of the child’s other parent, mandate termination of parental custody rights; courts use these felonies to establish that the parent is unfit...."

I'm expecting LE to go after Ma F by January if she participated in the hitman conspiracy.

Even if they don't it sounds like her home was unfit for a child and that her health impairs her childrearing abilities.

I guess she could get some sort of supervised grandparent visitation but I would think the Berreths would fight that to the death. I sure would!

MOO

I was hoping this could happen, but I don't know if because she made a deal with the prosecutors, if they can touch her.

Maybe our legal experts could chime in on this?

I suppose she could. Two different jurisdictions so no double jeopardy. She tampered with evidence in CO by cleaning up the crime scene and taking the cell phone. Then she destroyed it in Idaho and burnt items there as well. Unless Idaho authorities signed off on the deal also, they could ostensibly charge her.

Looks like she’d be facing up to five years as an accessory after the fact in that state

She has confessed nothing that would allow her to be charged as a conspirator or accessory before the fact in the actual murder though. Even though she said she brought an unlaced coffee to Kelsey.

They probably won’t though as that kind of thing would hamper deal making.

I don't believe she didn't poison the coffee. Kelsey just didn't drink it..
I go back and forth on that.

On one hand, it doesn't make sense to give her that coffee if she wasn't following through on the original plan. Why bother buying the caramel macchiato and driving over there at all?

But on the other hand, if she poisoned it, wouldn't she have to wear gloves if she was holding it and handing it over to her victim? What if it was checked for fingerprints if it was found by her dead body?

And if KB suddenly became ill, wouldn't she possibly put it together that some stranger drove up and just handed her a coffee?

The whole 'plan' is so stupid that I can't really believe anyone would try that. But we are talking about Cowboy Pat, so that level of stupidity knows no bounds.

Last edited:
This was the best news to wake up to, Thank you everyone for the updates.

To hear the Verdict, I needed to get up very early.
I don't know how you folk, have the energy, to be staying up as I am exhausted, due to the strain of wondering.
Thank goodness, another Creep will never be among the public.

Well, here we go again with Mommy Dearest's influence. That sounds like something MaF would say, doesn't it?
You're probably right.
I dated a sociopath "type" guy once and he said the same thing about my ankle bracelets that PF said about wearing nail polish.
He said his mother always told him that only bad girls wear ankle bracelets.

Imo

You're probably right.
I dated a sociopath "type" guy once and he said the same thing about my ankle bracelets that PF said about wearing nail polish.
He said his mother always told him that only bad girls wear ankle bracelets.

Imo

interesting about the many comments made by ones friends moms. it was different for me. i got a bunch of adverse comments from the dads of the women i dated. via the women and the dads themselves. my mom never said anything really adverse. once she commented that the girl was too old for me when i was 18 and she was 21. other than that she only commented on women she liked. my older sister was the one that trashed the women. like she had some moral standing to pass judgement and i kinda bought into that standing. wasn't until decades later that i learned my sister was a total wh**e at the time. oh, well. i thought when i found that out it was a takes one to know one situation with my sister except none of my friends were actually that type. or if they were they never shared it with me. might have been lost opportunities there. i'll never know. mysteries of life. although kelsey died she lives on in spirit through people and that's why i'm thankful to have been part of this group the past year. i want to thank ws for having this website and all the members that have contributed their thoughts but especially those who gave a lot of their time to aggregate the news sources to provide the best single news source on the internet for kelsey, a wonderful thing to do in her memory.

Frazee killed the mother of his child, therefore, his parental rights will be terminated. Once terminated, no member of the Frazee family will have any legal rights regarding the baby. I highly doubt that SF would be given any consideration toward the baby because of her inferred or potential involvement in the crimes revolving the death of KB. Children’s service will be involved and a different court system. Evidence and proof of being a danger to the child are very subjective. I am sure they have the ability to expedite the adoption process due to the circumstances.

As someone who has a bit of a nail polish addiction (I have a “polish room” in my home with well over 1000 polishes) I am going to paint my nails in honor of Kelsey. And as a big F-U to the Frazee clan.

Does anyone know her favorite color?

In my imagination ~ your beautiful sunset looks like all of these: Remember those old timey picture viewers with the little plastic circles? What were they called? Somebody help me out. Or like a kaleidoscope of magic marvelous jewels. Shining for Kelsey.
PHOTOS: A beautiful Colorado sunset
You’re not alone @mustloveco. Believe this.
Saw a video of her walking to her car after the sentencing alone with a cane.
Maybe her conscience?
Nah.. she was sitting alone.

Trash. I’m pretty sure that her whole body wasn’t burnt to ash because remains are frequently found after massive fires go through and area and also, bone fragments can still be found when people are cremated which is super high heat.

But I think he just took whatever was left and threw it in the trash somewhere and it was transported to the dump.

Once that happens it is exceedingly hard to locate.

Very true on all accounts. I think sometimes we get spoiled with dump recoveries because occasionally one happens very quickly, like with Noah Tomlin but in reality many end up like Kelsey because there’s just so much to wade through.

It just breaks my heart that on top of all the Berreths suffering, they’re leaving with a conviction but still empty handed.

As someone who has a bit of a nail polish addiction (I have a “polish room” in my home with well over 1000 polishes) I am going to paint my nails in honor of Kelsey. And as a big F-U to the Frazee clan.

Does anyone know her favorite color?
i read somewhere on fb that she favored french manicures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member