GUILTY TX - Stacey Stites, 19, found murdered, Bastrop, 23 April 1996 *Appeal denied*

About the thing's I pointed out earlier, beer cans, things in their truck, people saying he threatened it and admitted to it. What are your explanations? :)

The person who admitted that JF told him is a member of the aryan brotherhood.

Beer cans....... they had his friend's DNA on them.

I asked you earlier how are his friends DNA at the scene. You seem to be avoiding anything I point out LOL

And basically a KKK member saying a white man admitted to killing her, and framing a black man. This testimony seems strange since I thought Aryan were for white people only?

So you can honestly say that the many things pointing to this cop were not enough to try him? That the prosecution and investigators weren't dragging their feet? Especially if for 11 months he was their prime suspect? I'm confused, I thought it was said there's no way JF could have done it because he was home? It seems to me people are trying to have it any and every way as long as Rodney was scheduled to die. Still seems that way.

So you can honestly say that the many things pointing to this cop were not enough to try him? That the prosecution and investigators weren't dragging their feet? Especially if for 11 months he was their prime suspect? I'm confused, I thought it was said there's no way JF could have done it because he was home? It seems to me people are trying to have it any and every way as long as Rodney was scheduled to die. Still seems that way.

According to the testimony of Stacey's mother, he was at home.

Read the court documents, everything for yourself.

I asked you earlier how are his friends DNA at the scene. You seem to be avoiding anything I point out LOL

And basically a KKK member saying a white man admitted to killing her, and framing a black man. This testimony seems strange since I thought Aryan were for white people only?

Go look up the documents yourself

Beer cans. Yeah. That's kind of weird, don't you think? Fresh beer cans out in the middle of nowhere. Nowhere, except by coincidence right where the body was found. But sure, let's laser focus in on Rodney Reed.

This video presents a slew of factors that point to Rodney Reed's guilt, as well as delving into his previous questionable history:

Would you like a video from the opposite point of view presenting a slew of factors that point to Rodney Reed not being the killer? Because they are out there. In fact, I bet they outnumber the Reed-is-the-killer videos. We can do a video tit-for-tat but personally, I'd rather LE and the courts investigate this case fully, and this time, do it with professionalism. What is indisputable is the lousy job Bastrop County and Reed's defense team did the first time around. Was that motivated by race? By protecting their own? I have my own opinions on that, living in the area. I'll spare you.

Would you like a video from the opposite point of view presenting a slew of factors that point to Rodney Reed not being the killer? Because they are out there. In fact, I bet they outnumber the Reed-is-the-killer videos. We can do a video tit-for-tat but personally, I'd rather LE and the courts investigate this case fully, and this time, do it with professionalism. What is indisputable is the lousy job Bastrop County and Reed's defense team did the first time around. Was that motivated by race? By protecting their own? I have my own opinions on that, living in the area. I'll spare you.

I have "no dog in the fight" as they say. Heck, I just started reading about this case. Of course there's a ton of support for Reed out there. But I happened across that particular video and thought it was interesting, so I posted it here.

"The hearing is Reed’s first since the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals stayed Reed’s Nov. 20 execution five days before he was to be put to death.

REED-BENCH-WARRANT-STILL.jpg

Rodney Reed was brought back to Bastrop County after a judge signed this bench warrant on Jan. 14.
The hearing is scheduled to be held in front of Judge J.D. Langley, who was assigned to the case in November."

Rodney Reed to appear in court Friday for first time since stay of execution

There is a lot of evidence that puts REASONABLE DOUBT into an objective mind, including answering how did two beer cans happen to be near the scene having her abusive fiance's DNA on it? How did her other shoe wind up in Jimmy's/her truck, just a few examples.

Full disclosure, I made this account just to reply to this thread.

1. About the beer cans.
The beer cans were not "fresh" as another user seems to claim.
"According to Ranger Wardlow, the cans, which had some pine needles on top of them and compressed needles below, appeared to have been there longer than Stacey's body."
https://www.supremecourt.gov/Docket...20180201153354587_Rodney Reed -- Appendix.pdf - page 126a

It is true than an initial, very broad, DQ-alpha DNA test could not exclude the victim, Stacey Stites and two cops; Ed Selmela/Salmela (spelling differs) and David Hall.
A more thorough DNA test done by the defense’s own expert, Dr. Johnson, did however rule out all three as contributors of the DNA on the beer cans in 1998
“Reed submitted Young's DNA-test results on the beer can (item number 24) found on the road near Stacey's body in his first subsequent state habeas application. Young could not exclude Stacey, Officer Hall, or Investigator Selmala as DNA contributors. But Reed's trial expert, Dr. Johnson, did exclude all three through Polymarker testing.”
https://www.supremecourt.gov/Docket...20180201153354587_Rodney Reed -- Appendix.pdf - page 181a

2. About the shoe in the truck.
The prosecution theorizes that part of the attack took place in the truck; that Stacey, according to them, was driving on her way to work for her usual shift around 3am, on the morning of the murder. For her shoe to be in the truck is not out of the ordinary, if part of the assault indeed took place in the truck, and that Stacey was pulled from the truck while buckled in.
"However, they and Ranger L.T. Wardlow, the lead investigator on the case, noted the driver’s seat position was reclined with the seatbelt fastened as if someone was pulled out of the seat while buckled in." https://www.supremecourt.gov/Docket...20180201153354587_Rodney Reed -- Appendix.pdf - page 4a

If the shoe was proof of Jimmy Fennell's guilt, as you seem to be alluding to, why would he himself point it out to investigators? "Fennell observed several things in the truck that were “out of the ordinary.” First, one of the tennis shoes that Stacey normally wore to work was on the floorboard of the passenger's side of the truck." https://www.supremecourt.gov/Docket...20180201153354587_Rodney Reed -- Appendix.pdf - page 105a

Lastly, The truck was found in the Bastrop High School parking lot, about sixth-tenths of a mile from Reeds’ residence. https://www.supremecourt.gov/Docket...20180201153354587_Rodney Reed -- Appendix.pdf - page 116a, 207a
Before Reed became a suspect, LE theorized that this location would be convenient to the perpetrator.

3. I will leave you with a question of my own. Why was Reed lying about Stacey being a drug user?
In the 2006 documentary “State vs Reed”, Reed made the following statement about Stecey:
“I remember, there was a time, where Stacey, she would come with marijuana and wanted me to trade it for cocaine, crack cocaine. “
- Timecode approx. 50:49-51:05

Hair sample analysis however, did not reveal Stacey to be a user of cocaine. Likewise was her H.E.B employment drug screening negative for any drugs.
“Regarding the allegation of Stacey's crack cocaine use with Reed, the trial judge found that the toxicology report from Stacey's autopsy was negative for drugs and alcohol. The drug screen conducted by H.E.B. before Stacey was hired was also negative. Further, the trial judge found: Prior to trial, the State sent samples of Stacey Stites' hair to National Medical Services, Inc. in Pennsylvania. That laboratory analyzed 32 centimeters of her hair in order to determine whether cocaine or its metabolites were present. As that laboratory's report indicates, two different analyses were negative for cocaine. Since hair grows at an approximate rate of one centimeter per month, the State was prepared, through the use of these analyses, to prove that Stacey Stites was not a cocaine user for the last 32 months of her life.” https://www.supremecourt.gov/Docket...20180201153354587_Rodney Reed -- Appendix.pdf - page 179a

"The U.S. Supreme Court will not hear Rodney Reed’s appeal, but left the door open for perhaps hearing one in the future.

In her statement supporting the decision to not hear Reed’s appeal, Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor said “there’s no escaping the pall of uncertainty over Reed’s conviction.”

The Supreme Court said, based on Reed’s eighth and ninth appeal application in Texas courts, it wouldn’t hear his appeal, but Reed’s 10th application is still pending. Sotomayor said this decision doesn’t affect Reed’s ability to appeal to the Supreme Court if his 10th appeal in the Texas courts is denied."

Supreme Court declines Rodney Reed appeal but questions ‘pall of uncertainty’ over conviction

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back