GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #68

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even the convict hit man must have thought PF was a lunatic as he kept adding others to the list. I can picture the hit man laughing his butt off as he read some of those notes like the one that hinted ......"And while you are at it, please take out X, Y, and Z too." LOL

When they got to the ranch, Kenney said Frazee backed the truck up to a galvanized water trough. Kenney said Frazee then dragged the tote into the trough, where there was also pallets. Kenney said Frazee then grabbed a red gas can and he poured it on the tote and pallets. According to Kenney, Frazee then opened the lid of the tote and poured gas inside.

Kenney then said he lit it on fire by throwing a match into it. According to Kenney, Frazee then went back to the north side of where they were, grabbed some tin roofing and put it over the top of it to try and tame the fire. After the tin, Kenney said Frazee threw a bottle of motor oil in so that it would burn hotter.
Kenney testifies on Frazee's attempts to solicit her to murder Berreth

yes, it was amazing that the prosecution followed with the ranch hands, who said that yes, they put on the pallets at PF's direction ahead of time, and then talked about the tin's also.

It was an unbelievable (believable!) circumstantial case as to how much they had.

And yet, the defense kept trying to hone in on merely considering only direct evidence as their backfall. Hoping that there was just ONE juror who didn't have the intellect or disposition to piece it together, and hoping they weeded them out during voire dire. pffffft.

Defense, on the other hand, was Hoping upon hope, that there was a juror who couldn't do critical thinking/see the forest for the trees (which were juror questions per MSM) and understand 1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1 and a plethora more, couldn't put together that it meant guilty on circumstantial.

One of the strongest circumstantial I've seen put together by LE and the SA office.

Bravo to the jurors, and while I would hope that they slept well knowing the right verdict, I cannot imagine the release emotionally to their families and friends once released that they had much sleep last night, until mental and physical exhaustion set in.

I was sooooooooooooo glad to hear that Clint and her mom was not at the closing and victim statements, yet mom's sibling was, with dad and aunts and uncles. Clint and mom were together from the beginning, and they were together at the end to comfort each other through their shared experience and being with baby K.

My heart breaks for them, all of them.

ETA, corrected who read the victim statement... KB's mom's SIBLING

Last edited:
All I can figure is Steigerwald (sp?) thought maybe he'd get a break on some of the charges.

I don't see how but I suppose hope springs eternal and if you didn't have some, how could you show up and do that job everyday?

Then again, maybe he was just doing what defense attorneys do.....shake their heads at the end.
Hoping for a misstep from the prosecution I imagine, but he knew PF was guilty. He did the best he could, but his client sunk himself.

Many have been here for Kelsey since day one and have been steadfast in their commitment toward seeing justice served. Thank you everyone for being here.

1738fbb9de6294e300e3316250bae12e--bird-flock-bird-flying.jpg

I am reading through Kelsey’s Pinterest this morning and feeling emotional. It gives a glimpse of her thoughts, feelings and ideals. She lived her life with such dignity, grace and faith. I think of all the victim’s stories I have followed she has impacted and inspired me the most. So tragic… gone too soon.

35f629152d7627272c92ad8531d2da82.jpg

Quotes on Pinterest

I have only quickly looked at a pinterest once before so I know nothing about how it works (other than @PommyMommy says that is how she keeps up with trials and information lol).

Are all of these thing what she purposefully posted? I'm not a member and cannot see or understand, do they have dates attached?

Wow, how moving all of them were. So insightful and thanks for sharing.

Just in case, I'm coming back to this thread and posting a message to her family in honor on the 22nd.

Wouldn't that be tremendous if the entire day on Nov. 22 was filled with posts, not about the trial, not about PF or SF or trial....

but about Kelsey, baby K love, and love extended out to the family.

It's on my priority list of to do's..... if others are of the same thinking perhaps join in?

What a wonderful idea!

Count me in.

I'll be tapping away on my keyboard with my freshly manicured nails, which I plan to get done this week in honor of KB.

Normally when I get acrylics, I get the short length, but this time, I'm definitely going long, because, you know:

That's how we hookers like 'em.

JMO.

I doubt there will be a custody battle. I think it more likely there will be termination of PF's parental rights. I hope so, anyway.

JMO
Hello, MyBelle. Good to see you. What is your opinion on PF's conviction and sentencing? Do you think PF had adequate representation? Do you think he will ask for an appeal?

I’m not going to comment any further about the vicious, murderous act by PF, or the cleanup/coverup assistance by KK. I’m putting them and all the people who did nothing to prevent this horrific crime in my rear view mirror. I only hope that everyone associated with this evil act, or who had prior knowledge, suffers for the rest of their lives, thinking about the part they played. As far as PF, I hope he lives in fear in prison - he may think he is a big tough cowboy who can charm and intimidate anyone, but hopefully he’s in for a big surprise when he hits his final prison home.

For sweet baby K, I wish her all the love in the world ... she has so much to face as she grows up and learns of her background. I don’t know how you explain all that to a child, but I am confident the Berreth family will make sure she has the best opportunity to thrive under very difficult circumstances. My heart goes out to them ... I feel that KB knows the results of yesterday and will watch over her little girl from above. Rest In Peace, KB.

Regarding the legal aspects of this trial ... kudos to Colorado, the prosecution team and the judge. No drama and an efficient trial, which is the way they all should be. Also, I hope the authorities never give up investigating everyone who may have assisted in the actual evil act or the coverup.

Thank you to all the wise posters here at WS for all the knowledge you shared.

I have only quickly looked at a pinterest once before so I know nothing about how it works (other than @PommyMommy says that is how she keeps up with trials and information lol).

Are all of these thing what she purposefully posted? I'm not a member and cannot see or understand, do they have dates attached?

Yes.

Kelsey selected all of those...her Pinterest is a treasure trove.

The quotes she pinned are all especially beautiful.

It would be great if we could all pick some that we especially love and post them here, or use them as our avatars, as tributes and in honor of her.

6556.gif
***LINK TO KB'S PINTEREST***

Kelsey Berreth (kelseyberreth) on Pinterest

JMO.

Last edited:
Yes.

Kelsey selected all of those.

The quotes she pinned are all especially beautiful.

It would be great if we could all pick some that we especially love and post them here as tributes to her.

JMO.

Good idea, I'll save that idea for the 22nd for my remembrance post I plan to do.

I may have WS withdrawals, but it sure feels good to know Kelsey’s vicious murderer will spend his miserable life in what I hope will be the worse prison imaginable.
I’m glad the Berreths have their faith. It will be, and I’m sure it has been, their lifeline in the often crushing grieving process.

One thing I somewhat disagree with Dan May on, and it's probably minor, or just me, haha.

I do think that that last witness, Doe, with the letters of the hit list and names of witnesses on them, made a HUGE impact on the jury. While he might not have been necessary to get a guilty verdict, I do think that sealed the deal for the jurors and the judge. Plus, they had to let all the people on that list know to be aware and take precautions. They are pursuing this, according to May. I know if I was a juror and had any doubts at all, that would be the clincher for me. I can't speak for anyone else.
I think the Bounty Letters sped up the jury deliberation time for sure. I don’t think they were going to arrive at a different verdict, though. For me the most clinching evidence was cell phone records and surveillance video. They directly contradicted PF, and the defense couldn’t even put up an argument as to why.

Something tells me this might not be the last time we hear something about PF. With his propensity for violence and abuse, it wouldn’t surprise me if he beats someone up in prison...inmate, guard...unless he’s in solitary confinement. Maybe not...I’m just thinking about Watts, and how that day when he was sentenced, I figured that was the last we’d hear about him. But no, he kept creeping up like an infected wound that just wouldn’t go away. Maybe this will be different with PF. I wonder if investigators will visit him later on down the road to see if he feels like talking...

PF is a strange creature. He beats up animals and women, the ones who are weaker or powerless, and yet he is surrounded by women, and sides with them against women. (Like some here, I think the history behind his wish of full custody is deeper than what has been told). In a very macho-driven place like prison, he might come across as meek and quiet, or try to fully blend in, like he did in a cowboy community, or his school. Unless he is totally brain damaged. (One wonders).

MOO - he would have made a horrible father, with a grave potential for violence for a helpless child.

Last edited:
With his "hit list" out there, I'm wondering if he will be in solitary with no visitors?

I'm astonished this was done within the year - rarely have I seen this swift of justice for a case I've followed on websleuths. gives new meaning to the old saying "one and done" - well done CO DA's office.
JMO

I think she would have but she chickened out and just couldn't let the opportunity to scope Kelsey out up close and personal pass. Trying to befriend her, trying to figure out what Kelsey had that she didn't. Her emotional growth appears to have stopped in high school. I am sure she felt giddy after making contact, thinking she was so clever with her cover story. Weirdo.

MOO
I am sooo glad that KB didn't fall for this terrible person's stupid games. Kelsey didn't take the coffee, said she would have to check with her fiance before agreeing to a play date, she declined a text to get together for coffee. I know it doesn't change anything, but it just makes me happy she didn't fall into a fake evil "friendship" with Krystal. Her guard was instantly up, she told people at work about the "random lady" weirdo. It didn't change her fate, but for some reason I'm so glad they didn't get that satisfaction too. She was way too good for these lowlifes.

Yes, she would have purposely saved, or "pinned" those pins/posts. The text underneath them tends to just be carried over from other posters before her, but the actual pins/pictures/posts would have been deliberately saved/pinned/posted by her. I don't believe dates are saved anymore on Pinterest. It used to show how long ago something was pinned, but they stopped showing that quite a while ago. I think.

Driving this morning watching the sun rise, I felt more emotional today than I have throughout this. Just sad I guess. Maybe because yesterday there was some kind of well, not totally elation, but a bit, that at least the correct verdict was reached. And relief that the jury got it right. And that Kelsey's family can at least move forward. I don't want to say closure or move on, but they also don't need to live in the worst part of it, or be immersed in the horrific details of this crime every day. I wish them peace and healing and comfort.

At least the trial moved fast, the judge was extra protective, some might argue overly, but in a way that leaves little room for successful appeals. I think the defense did their job, but it doesn't sound like they were overly combative or nasty. And if they were to KK - good.

Sam's fb live will be mainly q & a. Do we have any questions about the case or trial that we are still wondering about?

PF is a strange creature. He beats up animals and women, the ones who are weaker or powerless, and yet he is surrounded by women, and sides with them against women. (Like some here, I think the history behind his wish of full custody is deeper than what has been told). In a very macho-driven place like prison, he might come across as meek and quiet, or try to fully blend in, like he did in a cowboy community, or his school. Unless he is totally brain damaged. (One wonders).

MOO - he would have made a horrible father, with potentially, a grave potential for violence for a helpless child.
CTE from being kicked in the head by a horse perhaps? Quite honestly, they might have had a better chance going with that defense.

PF should be a case study on how The depths of despair can make some people/criminals make horrific choices in an attempt to escape it. Granted this is an extreme example. I think he murdered her to escape his despair over custody, his life circumstances, The implication that his mother wanted him to get rid of the “prostitute” (and stood on the balcony watching the fire, according to kk) Jmo. soliciting murder within the jail was an act of despair/ attempt at regaining control. he’s not the first guy to try Absolutely anything to escape a life in prison. I’ll be curious to hear where they transfer him.

BTW, I wonder if he did show the murderous triad. Don’t know about history of enuresis, but he surely burned a lot of items in this story, too many even for a remotely rural area, and he had shown cruelty to animals. Would he have turned into a SK? Possibly, of people he knew. Much safer behind bars, MOO.

ETA: and didn’t he say to KK he’d killed people before? It might be true, not merely a boastful story.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member