GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #68

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inside washers, definitely, especially if there's a lot of blood. Drain traps are often searched for blood. I'd like to know if the checked the drains/traps at KB's condo.
This is an excellent question! Suggest sending it in to Reporter Sam as he is doing a live Q&A tonight on his FB live. The forensic footprint of PF at the KB condo was surprising and I find it hard to believe that KK cleaned the washer and dryer in great detail, but maybe she did? But there must have been so much more forensic testimony that the reporters just couldn't capture it all so maybe this info about the washer/dryer was covered in the expert testimony and we just didn't hear it from the reporters.

I wholeheartedly agree with CB! Krystal is also a narc, in my eyes. She's angry she got caught. She didn't give one whiff about the Berreth family, their worry, concern or anguish when they knew Kelsey was missing and something was wrong. She's no hero, she's a flipping ZERO in my eyes.

Karma bit her in the butt already, as someone said above about karma coming to her- imagine hearing how Patrick was dating a new woman, as Krystal was cleaning up his mess? Her devotion not only cost her her reputation for life, but she is now the recipient of humiliation of him doing the same to her as he did to Kelsey. If he didn't manage to frame Krystal for her murder, I think she was going to be next in line. There's her karma right there- something she will live with the rest of her life. Karma is served, in my opinion.
ITA

I don’t see pf lasting very long in prison. Jmo

JMO
I have a feeling he is going to get himself in trouble with other inmates since he was already trying to make deals with other inmates.

It proves he is a fool because most people that are new to a jail or prison would want to keep a low profile and not rub anyone the wrong way. But with PF not only did he start to communicate with other inmates but he chose an alleged gang member to try to solicit them to do him a favor. A cardinal rule in jails and prisons is once you owe someone a favor you betcha that other inmate will want a fair reimbursement for any favors and if the inmate doesnt own up to their end of the bargain then bad things can happen to that person.

You would think that most new inmates would want to stay low and not immediately start to make deals with other inmates and gang members. But its PF we are talking about again.

It just goes to show the fool that PF is. If he keeps up with behavior like that then sooner or later it will come back to bite him.

Inside washers, definitely, especially if there's a lot of blood. Drain traps are often searched for blood. I'd like to know if the checked the drains/traps at KB's condo.

Not sure how PF's DNA in the washer would prove anything, even circumstantially in this case. Easily explained IMO as he had been there. His DNA was found in the house, and no big deal was made. And of course, KB's would be there.

Last edited:
This is an excellent question! Suggest sending it in to Reporter Sam as he is doing a live Q&A tonight on his FB live. The forensic footprint of PF at the KB condo was surprising and I find it hard to believe that KK cleaned the washer and dryer in great detail, but maybe she did? But there must have been so much more forensic testimony that the reporters just couldn't capture it all so maybe this info about the washer/dryer was covered in the expert testimony and we just didn't hear it from the reporters.
IDK if I'll be able to watch. Maybe someone can ask. Still, PF was crafty about a few things. If he ran an empty load with bleach afterwards, there probably wouldn't be any blood DNA. Same thing with the shower, KK said she ran water, but she could have poured bleach in there, too. Oh, I just remembered this - didn't KK say she washed things in the washing machine?

JMO
I have a feeling he is going to get himself in trouble with other inmates since he was already trying to make deals with other inmates.

It proves he is a fool because most people that are new to a jail or prison would want to keep a low profile and not rub anyone the wrong way. But with PF not only did he start to communicate with other inmates but he chose an alleged gang member to try to solicit them to do him a favor. A cardinal rule in jails and prisons is once you owe someone a favor you betcha that other inmate will want a fair reimbursement for any favors and if the inmate doesnt own up to their end of the bargain then bad things can happen to that person.

You would think that most new inmates would want to stay low and not immediately start to make deals with other inmates and gang members. But its PF we are talking about again.

It just goes to show the fool that PF is. If he keeps up with behavior like that then sooner or later it will come back to bite him.
True. Truer. Truest.

JMO

An interesting post. There was a tv show about undercover folks going into prisons, forgot the name. But one of the first things they drummed into them was to NOT exchange any favors, especially commissary stuff, with other prisoners as they would then owe them....and not turn out well.

From following PF, he apparently never watched any crime shows, especially with his ignorance as to calling one phone to another sitting right next to him. ANY crime show watcher knows that in 2019 that it can be traced.

IDK if I'll be able to watch. Maybe someone can ask. Still, PF was crafty about a few things. If he ran an empty load with bleach afterwards, there probably wouldn't be any blood DNA. Same thing with the shower, KK said she ran water, but she could have poured bleach in there, too. Oh, I just remembered this - didn't KK say she washed things in the washing machine?

His pants, he did. She said he asked her to wash also, and she washed red towels iirc

Awe, that's amazing, having someone in her hometown posting- I never you were from her hometown!

I am sure that this has been a tough case for you to follow. Even though you didn't know Kelsey, there's that kinship that town folks have, where it affects everyone that one of their own was harmed in such a brutal way. Knowing some of her friends and extended family makes you a part of her life, in an indirect way. Hugs to you. I am sure her hometown is rejoicing that Patrick will never see the outside of jail again.

Thank you.

There is definitely that kinship.

I go back and forth on that.

On one hand, it doesn't make sense to give her that coffee if she wasn't following through on the original plan. Why bother buying the caramel macchiato and driving over there at all?

But on the other hand, if she poisoned it, wouldn't she have to wear gloves if she was holding it and handing it over to her victim? What if it was checked for fingerprints if it was found by her dead body?

And if KB suddenly became ill, wouldn't she possibly put it together that some stranger drove up and just handed her a coffee?

The whole 'plan' is so stupid that I can't really believe anyone would try that. But we are talking about Cowboy Pat, so that level of stupidity knows no bounds.

(O/T, I saw something on Dateline or Forensic Files the other day (I should make that my signature, “the other day on Forensic Files..” LoL...) where a woman and her younger lover killed her husband. Before beating him over the head with the shovel, they had originally tried to poison his bottle of Snapple with liquid nicotine. I immediately of course thought of Kelsey.)

Last edited:
How many of us, do you suppose, are following along on this site? What if each of us sent a letter to the family court in Colorado? Surely Berreth get custody with ease, but wouldn't it be nice if the Judge ruling on adoption, had a massive stack of letters on his or her desk, from people across the country, attesting to the Berreth family's extraordinary grace under the worst of pressures? We can't bring Kelsey back, but we could show her parents that we've each been touched by her story, inspired by her kindness and we want Baby K to know that the world is a good place! #BerrethStrong

MOO

How many of us, do you suppose, are following along on this site? What if each of us sent a letter to the family court in Colorado? Surely Berreth get custody with ease, but wouldn't it be nice if the Judge ruling on adoption, had a massive stack of letters on his or her desk, from people across the country, attesting to the Berreth family's extraordinary grace under the worst of pressures? We can't bring Kelsey back, but we could show her parents that we've each been touched by her story, inspired by her kindness and we want Baby K to know that the world is a good place! #BerrethStrong

MOO
Please be aware that your letter will become part of the court record.

Since this is a custody case/involves a minor, it won't be accessible to the general public this time but I mention this because I've seen people do this in other cases in which their letter was (and still is) available for the entire world to see including name, address, phone number, etc. of the sender. MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members