GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #68

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that the trial is over I will say what I always thought. Krystal had as much to do with Kelsey’s death as Patrick did. No, she didn’t swing the Bat but she made sure it happened. He didn’t care one bit for her but I don’t think she realized she would be on a hit list when they were both plotting the murder. Pure jealousy is what drove her to make sure Kelsey died and Patrick is s o stupid that he went along with it gladly at the urging of KK,who likely brought up all of the other reasons it should be done. Of course this is it just conjecture but I think she had so much more to do with it than we may ever know. She is vindictive — if she couldn’t have the moronic cowboy no one could.

I wonder how she feels now that she and her entire family are on his hit list. She did absolutely nothing to protect her children when he threatened them. What decent mother would do that? Honestly, I don’t think it bothered her because she was too obsessed with the man.

And I doubt seriously that she had any care for her children at all or she would not have been wrapped up in this brutal man to begin with.

If he is scum of the earth, she is closely behind.

MOO

Just for the record. :)
  • There is no evidence that PF murdered KB…WRONG.
  • There was only blood in the bathroom…WRONG.
  • The trial will never happen by October…WRONG.
  • There’s no proof that KK was in Idaho when KB was murdered...WRONG.
  • KK’s story doesn’t align with the evidence…WRONG.
  • KK planted the tooth at the ranch…WRONG.
  • LE planted the tooth at the ranch…WRONG.
  • KB was drugged and kept alive until KK came to town and killed her...WRONG.
  • All PF did was dispose of the body…WRONG.
  • KB's murder was a hired hit and not something PF did himself…WRONG.
  • DA's don’t engage in plea deals prior to an arrest for homicide...WRONG.
  • There’s not enough evidence for a jury to convict PF...WRONG.
  • The jury won’t believe KK’s story…WRONG.
  • The only way to bond out of jail is with cash…WRONG.
  • You only need one baby gate for a toddler if you have stairs…SMDH
  • PF’s not stupid…WRONG.
  • This case isn't a slam dunk...WRONG.
ETA: Forgot to MOO! Oh yeah, and for anyone wondering - that means MY OWN OPINION and I'm not aware of any other definition. ;)

Last edited:
Why haven't we been able to even set eyes on PF since the trial began? Even when he exits, after the trial is over, he is still shielded. All we have are all of these old images of him in the green suit.
That was a little weird, every day they said he had some pinstripe shirt, blah blah blah, but all the public ever saw was that prisoner getup that looked like something from Dr Seuss of all places.

I remember a while back that folks specifically posted the links to where she lived, but perhaps google is overriding such. Good question and I too would like to know if the Idaho or her local news covered.... Sleuthers her can find such if it happened I would think. I'm trying to remember which media is in that territory of the country....
Her home town was Warden, Washington. I grew up 22 miles from there, occasionally went to church there.

I had a hard time with KK. I tried to look at her actions from different perspectives and I have come to the conclusion that she may not be a murderer, but she is either cut from the same cloth as PF or she has some type of mental disorder that would cause her to do whatever PF told her to in hopes of getting attention from him.
Someone mentioned the Manson female followers and I have to wonder if there has ever been a diagnosis of that type of person.
Right now, I’m thinking like CB. The only thing she didn’t do is swing the bat. That video tilted the scale for me. JMO
The video had a huge impact on me as well. I have been somewhat reluctant to vilify her up til now. Definitely not a KK apologist, but I was trying to see how someone could go that far down a road and maybe still be redeemable.

Then, I saw the Sonic video a few days ago. And KK primping in her rear view mirror IMMEDIATELY after 4 hours of CSI cleanup of a murder scene she had to know she could have prevented. I expected to see someone in shock, someone with a thousand-yard stare. What I saw was someone making sure she looked presentable to her guy.

So that did it for me. I hope she gets 3 years and causes enough trouble in prison to get more added.

That was a little weird, every day they said he had some pinstripe shirt, blah blah blah, but all the public ever saw was that prisoner getup that looked like something from Dr Seuss of all places.
I don't know why it bothers me so much, but it does. I feel like there is a special kind of satisfaction and/or justice that is lost because of it.

• There’s no proof that KK was in Idaho…WRONG.
  • KB was drugged, kept alive until KK came to town and killed her…WRONG.
  • There’s not enough evidence…WRONG.
  • PF’s not stupid…WRONG.
Adding to your list:
  • There's no evidence KB was murdered in the townhome....WRONG.
  • KB wasn't murdered on the 22nd...WRONG.
  • PF didn't beat KB to death with a baseball bat...WRONG.
  • KB's body wasn't burned at the franch...WRONG.

Last edited:
Someone else may have a better method but I will share mine. It takes longer but it links directly to the tweet (vs. the twitter account) and includes the timestamp which are both important to me.

1. Open the tweet (ie: click on it)
2. Copy timestamp and text from bottom up
3. Paste into WS reply box
4. Copy URL
5. Paste into WS reply box above the content
6. Hit "Post Reply!" :)

Thank you @PommyMommy -- especially for states like Colorado where there is limited live camera coverage allowed in criminal court (i.e., no cameras in criminal court except advisement and arraignments), and our only option is to follow via Trial by Twitter!

If a trial is going to last more than a day -- it's nearly impossible to understand what's happening in the courtroom without the timestamp.

This info helps us know if the tweet is about the prosecution, their witness, or if it was afternoon and the defense is up. Add to that 10 days of trial testimony and you soon learn it's critical!

Please know how much we appreciate your extra work.

(And I won't post tweets in any other format). :)

Last edited:
  • There’s no proof that KK was in Idaho…WRONG.
  • KB was drugged, kept alive until KK came to town and killed her…WRONG.
  • There’s not enough evidence…WRONG.
  • PF’s not stupid…WRONG.
Or that she abused her baby. I started monitoring the case pretty late and that was so striking to me, that he went around his town telling all his buddies, father figures and girltoys that he was the major breadwinner, she abandoned her baby, she abused the baby, she was crazy, she was a drunk, etc. Meanwhile she had been working long hours, with a long commute to a highly technical/responsible job, and had thought she was co-parenting their baby and that they had an ongoing relationship. The reason this really stood out to me is that this is the same script CW's family used on Shan'ann. Except on SW it was even worse and at this moment the sycophants are still at it in the internet play pens, bolstered by CW's latest SW bashing in that book.

Last edited:
I do, too.

I also think KK will get a very public excoriation from the judge at her sentencing hearing.

I think the judge will allow cameras in the courtroom.

Since KK has already plead guilty, there are no valid concerns about her "rights" or the process being "fair" to her like we heard voiced by Judge Sells in PF's trial.

I hope Sam covers that hearing on Dec. 3rd.

JMO.
I do as well - I previously mentioned I don't think we will see sniffling I think we will see the "ugly cry". I'm expecting a withering admonishment and the Judge may even express that he would sentence her to a longer term if it were in his power
IMO

• There’s no proof that KK was in Idaho when KB was murdered...WRONG.
  • KB was drugged and kept alive until KK came to town and killed her...WRONG.
  • There’s not enough evidence for a jury to convict PF...WRONG.
  • PF’s not stupid…WRONG.
ETA: Forgot to MOO! Oh yeah, and for anyone wondering - that means MY OWN OPINION and nothing else. ;)
Love this @PommyMommy

Forgive my ignorance, but are the jurors allowed to speak to the media?
Yes, however they are usually forewarned of some potential problems by the State, before they do so.

Jurors are allowed to speak to the press if they want. But if any one of them slips up, and says something awkward or off the cuff, it can result in a big mess. I have seen cases where one juror creates mayhem by inadvertently saying something that gives the defense ammo for an emergency appeal.

If one juror says they were leaning towards Not Guilty, but others convinced him to get onboard---that could suddenly become an issue. The defense can open an inquiry into the matter and say there was intimidation.

If a juror happens to mention something strange they saw or heard at lunchtime--it could suddenly become an 'investigation' and get blown up into a mountain from a molehill.

The jury has to be very careful about what they say. It's fascinating to hear from them though.

Adding to your list:
  • There's no evidence KB was murdered in the townhome....WRONG.
  • KB wasn't murdered on the 22nd...WRONG.
  • PF didn't murder KB with a baseball bat...WRONG.
  • KB's body wasn't burned at the franch...WRONG.
Thank you! The additions that could be made to this could potentially be as voluminous as the evidence there was in this case. MOO

Last edited:
Anybody know KKs hometown news? Interested in seeing if there are any comments from people who knew her.

I'm only seeing recaps of the trial such as Kivitv.com - Boise and the Idaho local tweets I just posted.

I attribute the lack of local comments from her people because KK is under a gag order pursuant to her plea deal. If she can't talk to media -- her friends are not likely to speak with exception of those we already heard from.

MOO

Someone else may have a better method but I will share mine. It takes a bit longer but it links directly to the tweet (vs. the twitter account) and includes the timestamp which are both important to me.

1. Open the tweet (ie: click on it)
2. Copy timestamp and text from bottom up
3. Paste into WS reply box
4. Copy URL
5. Paste into WS reply box above the content
6. Hit "Post Reply!" :)

Testing....

Sam Kraemer
@SamKraemerTV
Yes. For some reason it wasn't initially in the jury's possession when they received the evidence
Quote Tweet
xxxxxxxxxxxx
· 1h
Replying to @SamKraemerTV
Was this one of the photos admitted during the trial?
1:14 PM · Nov 19, 2019·
Sam Kraemer on Twitter

ETA: Oh well, I tried! I'll just be one who can't do formatting. Thanks for trying to help

Last edited:
Well, there you said it.

But I agree.

Patrick was a soulless killer. It was easy. And it may not have been his first time.

KK is what she is, we know what she is, which is is a horrible and weak human being; but I truly believe that she would not kill or be involved with a murder if she never met Patrick.

Well, unless some other dude gives her attention and she tends to be drawn to the PF type. She married her husband because she recognized he was different from PF and would make a good father. But she always loved PF.

In one of the Twitter posts it quotes from CB’s impact letter that KK never showed remorse for what she had done. Only for being caught.
Granted, CB was thinking from a broken hearted mother’s perspective, but DA May’s comment about the deal with the devil really impacted the way I thought about it.

They saw her up close and personal and made that judgement. She didn’t agree to testify for the sake of the Berreths. She agreed to testify because they threatened to charge her as an accessory. I read that in an earlier post (when they originally made the deal?). They cleaned it up for the trial.

Exactly, I think there was probably a decent amount left of her remains.

Like the ranch hand testified, the trash can that was near the fire pit was 40-50lbs

Frazee trial: Defense asks why Kenney didn't alert authorities

"He said when he came back to work after Thanksgiving, he noticed a silver, metal garbage can about two or three feet away from the trough. The lid was on, so he never looked inside, he said, but he assumed there were ashes from whatever Frazee had burned. Frazee didn’t tell him what was inside, he said. He helped Frazee load the garbage can into the back of his truck — he estimated it was between 40 and 50 pounds — and never saw it again, he said."

where did Patrick's phone go that day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members