GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #68

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that the trial is over I will say what I always thought. Krystal had as much to do with Kelsey’s death as Patrick did. No, she didn’t swing the Bat but she made sure it happened. He didn’t care one bit for her but I don’t think she realized she would be on a hit list when they were both plotting the murder. Pure jealousy is what drove her to make sure Kelsey died and Patrick is s o stupid that he went along with it gladly at the urging of KK,who likely brought up all of the other reasons it should be done. Of course this is it just conjecture but I think she had so much more to do with it than we may ever know. She is vindictive — if she couldn’t have the moronic cowboy no one could.

I wonder how she feels now that she and her entire family are on his hit list. She did absolutely nothing to protect her children when he threatened them. What decent mother would do that? Honestly, I don’t think it bothered her because she was too obsessed with the man.

And I doubt seriously that she had any care for her children at all or she would not have been wrapped up in this brutal man to begin with.

If he is scum of the earth, she is closely behind.

MOO
Thank you. Completely agree.

I do think we will spared the endless blathering from prison with ole potato face, unlike Watts.
We won't have to hear about how he has Kelsey's picture up in his cell, how much he loved her, how's he found God, and all that other BS.
Within a year or so, he will have faded into utter obscurity. We've got that going for us.
Until he gets a hold of some paper towels. MOO

One of the things I'm planning to do today is to spend some time on Steigerwald's closing argument, because it definitely offers what you'd call a "target-rich environment."

There's almost as much grist for the posting mill there as there was evidence in this case.

JMO.

Last edited:
I think many of us believe that. I know that I do. She will always be a disgrace and no good that she does now or in the future will ever wipe out her involvement in this.

I also think Patrick wanted both women gone- he was probably pretty ticked off that the coffee didn't kill Kelsey, as it would have been an easy frame without a mess to clean.

Then she came down two more times, but couldn't do it. He was no doubt angry because her second and third attempts failed. So he did the deed himself, had her do the clean up, had her bring Kelsey's phone and gun with her to Idaho, and he expected her to bring Kelsey's body back to Idaho with her. He was setting her up- two in one shot- one murdered, the other framed and behind bars for life, while he started a new relationship with another unsuspecting lady who no doubt would have been another woman in Patrick's life for his mother to degrade and insult.

It just amazes me how foolish Krystal was, to even consider partaking in all of this. Did she really believe that she was going to live happily ever after with her cowboy? He didn't want the child she was carrying, that was his, to which she later aborted. Then she finds out later, that not only was he seeing Kelsey, she had a baby with him, to which he appeared to love and be proud of! You can't tell me, she wasn't angry that there was another woman in his life, who bore his child- she had to have been livid.

Then Krystal basically played a game with LE- the childish elementary school game "I know something you don't know!", but refused to talk and lied to LE, until the prosecution agreed to make a deal that she was satisfied with. I've said before and I'll say it again, she's a narc. She's no hero, she is a zero, and even Dan May feels the same way- his comment about "making a plea with the devil" speaks volumes.

In the prison notes he wanted KL to be made to confess that she killed KB. Perhaps that was his plan to pin it on her. He wanted her to take the tote back to Idaho with her. Perhaps it was her luck that she had her friend's car and not her truck. He probably assumed she'd have her truck. What was the point of her taking the gun, purse and phone anyway?
MOO

ETA #2 - If someone can explain how to post tweets so it shows formatting like @PommyMommy and others do, please explain as the formatting above is awful, sorry
^^sbm

I can't speak for others but I found it impossible to post in my current format (with date and timestamp) without external help from "GoodTwitter" download.

It was never a problem and/or necessary until a few months ago when without notice -- twitter removed option for classic twitter. Under the new version of twitter, I could only post using the awful format. MOO

Last edited:
One of the things I'm planning to do today is to spend some time on Steigerwald's closing argument, because it definitely provides what you'd call a target-rich environment.

There's almost as much grist for the discussion mill there as there was evidence in this case.

JMO.
Yes. My favorite was the discussion about the murder being the worst plan in the world, if it happened the way the prosecution contended.

Of course the defense also said that those hit letters were proof of PF being “an idiot,” but nothing more.

Put those together, and we have an idiot who committed murder on Thanksgiving.

That’s like scoring on your own goal.

I had a hard time with KK. I tried to look at her actions from different perspectives and I have come to the conclusion that she may not be a murderer, but she is either cut from the same cloth as PF or she has some type of mental disorder that would cause her to do whatever PF told her to in hopes of getting attention from him.
Someone mentioned the Manson female followers and I have to wonder if there has ever been a diagnosis of that type of person.
Right now, I’m thinking like CB. The only thing she didn’t do is swing the bat. That video tilted the scale for me. JMO
It was absolutely disgusting. I'm not falling for her alligator tears and I hope the judge puts her in her place about her despicable actions.

^^sbm

I can't speak for others but I found it impossible to post in my current format (with date and timestamp) without external help from "GoodTwitter" download.

It was never a problem and/or necessary until a few months ago when without notice -- twitter removed option for classic twitter. Under the new version of twitter, I had could only post using the awful format. MOO
OMG, Yessssss! I forgot all about that. The new Twitter gave me fits! MOO

Yes. My favorite was the discussion about the murder being the worst plan in the world, if it happened the way the prosecution contended.

Of course the defense also said that those hit letters were proof of PF being “an idiot,” but nothing more.

Scoring on your own goal? That's a strange way of putting it. IMO.

I really feel for the defense team. It had to be hard going in to work everyday on this case.

I really feel for the defense team. It had to be hard going in to work everyday on this case.
Oh yeah. The deck was stacked against them, and they had zero chance of winning.

Things were looking terrible for them to begin with, but their client made things so much worse with those letters. That must have been a huge sucker punch.

“Can things possibly get any worse??”

Stephanie (Butzer) Rose on Twitter
We've written almost 60 stories about this case — from when #KelseyBerreth was first reported missing to when #PatrickFrazee was arrested to when he was convicted of first-degree murder.

Here's our full timeline, detailing each step along the way: http://bit.ly/2U0mGkF
EJwSTkMX0AAz-7g.jpg

12:04 PM - 19 Nov 2019

The Berreth's saw Baby K in October, the month prior to her murder, when they were in Colorado for her birthday. None of the Frazee's attended her party (except PF, I think) but I don't recall whether or not they were invited. MOO
Like I said, they were strangers to KB. that's not an insult to the Berreth family. I just mean distance away and none of them were in her daily/weekly life, Kaylee's memory of them wouldn't be developed enough at her age to recognize Grandma and Grandpa Berreth. So it would be understandable that she would be scared going to their home in Idaho, in unfamiliar surroundings, no mommy or daddy (yeah, I hate typing that......), no Grandma F (sorry to type that, too)- who she was familiar with. Poor baby, thank goodness she is in loving and caring environment with lots of love around her, and probably more toys that she knows what to do with. Sweet baby.

Forgive me if this has been posted/discussed, but I don't see a list of everyone that gave statements at the sentencing. I looked through the no discussion page and don't see anything. I know the prosecutors spoke and a Berreth family member read a letter from Cheryl, but do we know who all spoke? Did anyone speak on behalf of PF? Also, I've seen some of CB's statements in the letter posted to twitter and quoted in articles, but is there any accounting of the full letter? Thanks!

I can't imagine. And having to sit next to PF every day in that courtroom. It would be torture for me. My contempt for him would cloud my ability to defend him. Good thing I'm not in that position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998