GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #68

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope so too, and the worst of the worst when she gets out as far as custody of her children, future career opportunities etc.
I hope so three, and I hope the judge lays into her and let's her know that he would love to be able to sentence her to much, much more than 3 years. She deserves it.

BBM:

Not at all strange, for those of us who are familiar with the meaning of that particular simile.

In fact, it's the perfect analogy to describe the argument the defense tried to make in their close.

Come to think of it, everything PF does is pretty much the definition of an "own goal."
He then compounds his error by celebrating his having scored, the fact that he's scored against himself, notwithstanding.

score an own goal
1 (in football) score a goal by mistake against your own side. 2 do something that has theunintended effect of harming your own interests. informal
<snip>
See also: goal, own, score
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
wow! Never heard the definition before. Thanks for the education!

Just for the record. :)
  • There is no evidence that PF murdered KB…WRONG.
  • There was only blood in the bathroom…WRONG.
  • The trial will never happen by October…WRONG.
  • There’s no proof that KK was in Idaho when KB was murdered...WRONG.
  • KK’s story doesn’t align with the evidence…WRONG.
  • KK planted the tooth at the ranch…WRONG.
  • LE planted the tooth at the ranch…WRONG.
  • KB was drugged and kept alive until KK came to town and killed her...WRONG.
  • All PF did was dispose of the body…WRONG.
  • KB's murder was a hired hit and not something PF did himself…WRONG.
  • DA's don’t engage in plea deals prior to an arrest for homicide...WRONG.
  • There’s not enough evidence for a jury to convict PF...WRONG.
  • The jury won’t believe KK’s story…WRONG.
  • The only way to bond out of jail is with cash…WRONG.
  • You only need one baby gate for a toddler if you have stairs…SMDH
  • PF’s not stupid…WRONG.
  • This case isn't a slam dunk...WRONG.
ETA: Forgot to MOO! Oh yeah, and for anyone wondering - that means MY OWN OPINION and I'm not aware of any other definition. ;)

Adding to your list:
  • There's no evidence KB was murdered in the townhome....WRONG.
  • KB wasn't murdered on the 22nd...WRONG.
  • PF didn't beat KB to death with a baseball bat...WRONG.
  • KB's body wasn't burned at the franch...WRONG.

Excellent lists...adding just one more:
  • There's no proof PF wrote the jailhouse paper towel letters.....WRONG

Forgive me if this has been posted/discussed, but I don't see a list of everyone that gave statements at the sentencing. I looked through the no discussion page and don't see anything. I know the prosecutors spoke and a Berreth family member read a letter from Cheryl, but do we know who all spoke? Did anyone speak on behalf of PF? Also, I've seen some of CB's statements in the letter posted to twitter and quoted in articles, but is there any accounting of the full letter? Thanks!

Reportedly -- PF declined to make a statement after the verdict and/or before sentencing, and nobody else spoke on his behalf.

Sam Kraemer tried to type CB's entire letter as read by her spokesperson and he read from his notes on his fb live recap. I've not seen the letter published anywhere in it's entirety.

KB's uncle shared his own memories of KB and also read some comments from her co-workers at Doss Aviation. These comments were tweeted as follows below.

Jennifer Meckles on Twitter
First, Kelsey’s family and friends got an opportunity to share some words. Her uncle read aloud in court the written statements of several people, including a few of Kelsey’s coworkers at Doss Aviation
12:57 PM - 19 Nov 2019

One coworker wrote:
“Kelsey was a kind-hearted, gentle spirit. That’s how I knew her. She was a joy for all of us to be around, and I truly appreciate her friendship. We all definitely miss her. I know she loves her little girl, Kaylee, with all her heart.”

Another coworker wrote a letter to Kelsey’s young daughter:

“What I will remember most about your mom is her kindness and her smile”

And:

“She mattered… She made a direct impact and difference in the lives of so many.”

Last edited:
She is from Hansen, ID and Times News Magic Valley.Com has had articles about her. But....doing a search on her name only came up with very old news from Feb 8, 2019 regarding her pleading guilty of evidence tampering. Wonder why no mention of her now. You think this would be huge news in Magic Valley.

KK is under a gag order per her plea deal. To be fair --most MSM won't write articles if they can't also get a comment from the subject. In this case, KK ain't talkin...

MOO

I really feel for the defense team. It had to be hard going in to work everyday on this case.
Reminds me of sentencing day in the Chris Watts trial. His male lawyer, seated next to Chris, looked alternately nauseous and on the verge of tears throughout the proceeding. I can't imagine having to defend someone like that, especially after having seen all the gruesome evidence. :(

I go back and forth on that.

On one hand, it doesn't make sense to give her that coffee if she wasn't following through on the original plan. Why bother buying the caramel macchiato and driving over there at all?

But on the other hand, if she poisoned it, wouldn't she have to wear gloves if she was holding it and handing it over to her victim? What if it was checked for fingerprints if it was found by her dead body?

And if KB suddenly became ill, wouldn't she possibly put it together that some stranger drove up and just handed her a coffee?

The whole 'plan' is so stupid that I can't really believe anyone would try that. But we are talking about Cowboy Pat, so that level of stupidity knows no bounds.

Good point. I didn’t think about the fingerprints. Was it cold? Was she wearing gloves or mittens at the time?

And...

“She (Kaylee) lost both of her parents within a month. What a pathetic contribution you and your cohort have made to your daughter’s health and wellness.”

Cheryl’s statement also mentioned the Berreth family’s wishes not to pursue the death penalty in this case.

Including this, from Cheryl's statement:

“We believe in a forgiving savior and hope Patrick will take this opportunity, his time in prison, to sincerely repent and seek forgiveness.”

And:

“We respect life and leave Patrick’s in God’s hands. It’s not ours to take.”

The Berreths not only carry themselves with dignity and composure, they are also a living example of compassion and grace. Nobody could blame them if they exuded hatred and talked of retribution. But they don’t. And this was the way Kelsey was raised and that Little K will be, too. It’s humbling. IMO.

GOOD MORNING! Like @AgeofAquaruis , I slept like a baby and woke up feeling much better. Yesterday was a long one for me-- glad you all encouraged me to go, bc I am typically a very shy person.

A few things I didnt get to mention as it was so busy, service was lousy, and I going thru the thread it seems like the site was being slow.

It seemed there were a few folks sitting on SF side outside the courtroom, while she read. Although I have not seen her in person, (just tv, tweets, etc) it appears as though she has lost a lot of weight. Stone cold face still, though. A couple, a man with a beard, and maybe a lawyer. Not sure if they were there with her or not, bc she did not talk to them, but everyone seemed to be far away.

People started getting up and walking toward the courtroom door, circling and waiting. This is when WS started giving me problems. An officer split the crowd to make room for PF coming up. He mustve came thru the elevator, bc all of a sudden I look to my right and he is walking right next to me, noone in between. The same stone-cold squint and purced lips as his mother, in Blue and white striped shirt and his beloved non-khaki jeans, looking straight forward and moving quickly. We were all allowed in shortly thereafter. There werent many non-media people inside the courtroom, maybe 10-15. Quite a few empty seats. My heart was beating so fast, so much of yesterday. I sat three seats in, and could see PF from there. Unsure of where SF sat. Kindof tunnel vision at this point, nervous. As the verdict was read, and the jurors were asked if this was true, it never crossed my mind to look over at PF. I watched every juror say "yes" "yes" "yes" "yes" and I wanted to scream or hug or highfive but it remained quiet and classy as Kelsey and her family always are, and my heart was beating so fast for the victory and justice. The media started getting up and leaving, which I thought meant it was over, so I left too (stupid move, I wouldve loved to be there for victim statements). I went outside and waited with others for PF to come to the side, but as you all saw, they blocked off the view and that was really annoying.

What was the jury’s demeanor and what were they like if you recall?

In that case she wasn’t probably telling the truth.

I think KK showed up at KB's condo around 9 pm with her Auntie waiting in the car because she couldn't handle the suspense any longer. KK was curious and wanted to size her up -- she wanted to see her in the flesh. Who was the woman that didn't have to abort PF's child? KK also gave KB her burner phone number for a play-date! That's already just too much evidence (plus fingerprints) to leave a poisoned coffee behind.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members