PA - Conner, 8, & Brinley Snyder, 4, found hung, later died, Kempton, 23 Sept 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember my childhood for the most part. I remember I wasn't bullied until (at the time middle school was 7th to 9th) 7th grade on to hs periodically. It was so dumb. This was 1997 til 2002. About a boy. Called all kinds of names. I was a virgin. I was scared. I was terrified to go to school because I know I'd have to face my accusers that called me all these ungodly names. Also to eat a cheeseburger constantly. I never once thought to kill myself or try to get my brother to do it with me. I do not understand the logic in the Moms claims. I know times are much different in this day and age... but I do not for one second believe this 8 year old conjured this up on his own. He did not do this and I hope that LE nails her coffin shut. What grieving mother sells her children's belongings soon after their untimely death? What mother scours social media to see what people are saying about her and commenting under an alias trying to make herself look like mother of the year? What mother doesn't hold her babies to the highest power and and handle the bullying, if that's what was really occurring? I DO NOT BUY IT. MY MOM WOULD HAVE BURIED THE WHOLE SCHOOL AND EVERY HUMAN IN HER WAY TO SEEK JUSTICE FOR ME! That's what a mother does.

Sorry for ranting. This hurts my heart. I pray they prove the child didn't do this. It is too great to bear. Her guilt will not bring them back but I pray she suffers greatly. I hope they know how we all rallied for them and love them. These babies deserved better. Their mother failed them. All the way around.
I love your post and agree with everything you said!

V
I remember my childhood for the most part. I remember I wasn't bullied until (at the time middle school was 7th to 9th) 7th grade on to hs periodically. It was so dumb. This was 1997 til 2002. About a boy. Called all kinds of names. I was a virgin. I was scared. I was terrified to go to school because I know I'd have to face my accusers that called me all these ungodly names. Also to eat a cheeseburger constantly. I never once thought to kill myself or try to get my brother to do it with me. I do not understand the logic in the Moms claims. I know times are much different in this day and age... but I do not for one second believe this 8 year old conjured this up on his own. He did not do this and I hope that LE nails her coffin shut. What grieving mother sells her children's belongings soon after their untimely death? What mother scours social media to see what people are saying about her and commenting under an alias trying to make herself look like mother of the year? What mother doesn't hold her babies to the highest power and and handle the bullying, if that's what was really occurring? I DO NOT BUY IT. MY MOM WOULD HAVE BURIED THE WHOLE SCHOOL AND EVERY HUMAN IN HER WAY TO SEEK JUSTICE FOR ME! That's what a mother does.

Sorry for ranting. This hurts my heart. I pray they prove the child didn't do this. It is too great to bear. Her guilt will not bring them back but I pray she suffers greatly. I hope they know how we all rallied for them and love them. These babies deserved better. Their mother failed them. All the way around.

Extremely well said!

They can still do all of that and brief the general public and stop the rumor machine to which they have made a substantial contribution. That is my point. A simple interim presser would calm things down even if they're not prepared to release any further info. They have created a void. That is not good for anyone.

I don’t think a presser would calm things down at all. Right now they’re very calm and quiet. What can they say that they haven’t already said, until the investigation has concluded?

I’m new to this thread but I wanted to chime in. Regarding the dog, I think saying the wanted the size is BS. At your local Walmart there are two sizes of those. I wouldn’t hesitate to get one for a larger dog as I would consider it just extra safety. Even the small one of those is strong enough to hag two kids, probably even an adult. I think they want either see if there was a dog, or see the health of the dog (as others have mentioned). Regarding the chairs, I think a four year old little sister looks up to her big brother and wants to do the cool things he does. I think he could have told her to jump, and she would have, with him. I’m not saying I think that happened, but I think it easily could. The chair would get knocked over on the swing back.
I would like to know if there was a ladder or any other way the brother could reach the rafters to wrap the cable. Could he reach them with the dining chairs?

The chairs were still found on the ground. If you were their mom wouldn’t you grab the nearest chair and put it upright to stand on and try to lift your kid up so the chain would loosen?

I think it is a very strange case due to how the children managed to actually achieve the hanging.

However mums actions are not all together that guilty looking....

1. Getting rid of the dog after could be she simply didn't want to loom at somthing associated with her children's deaths (the dog leash).

2. Seeking their things although quite strange could simply be financial (I'm from the UK and funerals are a financial struggle to many). She may be seeking their older unused things to gain money for their funerals.

3. Her not trying to get them down (this is the weirdest to me) could simply be the absolute shock and horror and not wanting to see them like that.

I do find it suspicious they 1. Cant find the dog, 2. Did or didn't the distapatch caller ask her to perform CPR.

I just dont think the mum did this, mainly because she called the emergency services so quickly and they were revived so it couldn't have been so long. Surely she would have waited an extra bit to make sure they had died. If they were breathing as it states why did she call the emergency services? But on a flip , why didn't she get them down.

Maybe he was being bullied, maybe he'd cried about it to her and said he wanted to die but didn't want to be alone (makes sense a child would not want to be alone) and maybe she was so racked with guilt when she saw them that she just couldn't stand being in the room with them, like she made the decision in her mind they were dead and she should have known this was coming.

She may have not been aware they were still getting some oxygen. A lot of people think hanging causes instantaneous death. She might have seen them gasp and kick and then stop after awhile.

It took 11 minutes for EMS to get there.

A person could be eager for the attention or to have the plan set in motion and thus call quickly.

Agree, when my now 8 year old started Kindergarten, he was being bullied by another kindergartner in his class from the start. On the 7th day of school, they called and said I needed to come get him, that the bully had beaten him up. I had to take him to the ER, he had a concussion, black eye, busted lip, and was absolutely terrified to go back to school. His younger brother started kindergarten this year and is being bullied by a kid in his class and comes home crying. I'm trying to work with the school, but it's incredibly frustrating to get help.

Although I’m an attorney I’m not a suer. But if my kid got that injured both parents and school would be sued.

That’s negligence on the part of the school. And what happened to the bully? Was he expelled?

The parents are responsible financially and legally for what their child does.

Too often things kids do at school that would be prosecuted as crimes once they’re adults are totally ignored by both the school and LE. I have a problem with that.

We don’t send our kids to school to be beaten

Although I’m an attorney I’m not a suer. But if my kid got that injured both parents and school would be sued.

That’s negligence on the part of the school. And what happened to the bully? Was he expelled?

The parents are responsible financially and legally for what their child does.

Too often things kids do at school that would be prosecuted as crimes once they’re adults are totally ignored by both the school and LE. I have a problem with that.

We don’t send our kids to school to be beaten

He was eventually removed from the school after he beat another classmate, a little girl. He had an IEP, so apparently that made things difficult. I was never given the name of the parents, or even the child, the school said they weren't allowed to give out that info, although I do know the child's name from my son telling me. All the meetings with the school and me and with the other parent were done separately, it's against school policy for the parents to meet each other in this type of situation. Honestly, dealing with all of it was so much, I didn't even want to go through the hassle of suing. I just sucked it up and paid the hospital bill, which did suck because we have a high deductible plan that only kick in after you've reached the deductible, so the bills were paid out of pocket.

I will also add that my great-nephew who just turned 9 tried to hang himself earlier this year from the top of his bunk bed. He's in counseling now and being evaluated. He and all his siblings are home schooled and very sheltered so it's unlikely bullying was a factor.

He was eventually removed from the school after he beat another classmate, a little girl. He had an IEP, so apparently that made things difficult. I was never given the name of the parents, or even the child, the school said they weren't allowed to give out that info, although I do know the child's name from my son telling me. All the meetings with the school and me and with the other parent were done separately, it's against school policy for the parents to meet each other in this type of situation. Honestly, dealing with all of it was so much, I didn't even want to go through the hassle of suing. I just sucked it up and paid the hospital bill, which did suck because we have a high deductible plan that only kick in after you've reached the deductible, so the bills were paid out of pocket.

I will also add that my great-nephew who just turned 9 tried to hang himself earlier this year from the top of his bunk bed. He's in counseling now and being evaluated. He and all his siblings are home schooled and very sheltered so it's unlikely bullying was a factor.

If you had sued the school you could force them to divulge the name. That’s ridiculous. But you’re son knew anyhow.

I’m sorry to hear you went through that and I’m tired of hearing that schools and bullies get away with this stuff.

I recall my childhood and being bullied horribly even as early as kindergarten. I was called names, I was whispered about, excluded from activities, starting in 2nd grade when we moved to a new town and I started in the school system where I'd go until I graduated the bullying got worse each year. I never saw or heard a teacher address the issue with the other students. I know my parents weren't contacted, it was horrible but even then I never even had a thought about suicide. I can't go into further details about it because of the anxiety I have from those memories.

Edited to add - this was in the 70s, I'm old and there was no internet/social media and all that which now play a huge role in being an added way for kids to be bullied and learn about things earlier than they did back then.

I recall my childhood and being bullied horribly even as early as kindergarten. I was called names, I was whispered about, excluded from activities, starting in 2nd grade when we moved to a new town and I started in the school system where I'd go until I graduated the bullying got worse each year. I never saw or heard a teacher address the issue with the other students. I know my parents weren't contacted, it was horrible but even then I never even had a thought about suicide. I can't go into further details about it because of the anxiety I have from those memories.

Edited to add - this was in the 70s, I'm old and there was no internet/social media and all that which now play a huge role in being an added way for kids to be bullied and learn about things earlier than they did back then.

I'm very sorry you had that experience, and also sorry you did not have an advocate to stick up for you.

We moved often because of my dad's work and it was difficult to change schools -- sometimes mid-year.

As not all schools are created equal, I learned to work ahead not knowing what the next school would be like. Teachers seem to like that as I didn't interrupt their schedule or lesson plans.

On the other hand, my younger brother didn't have it so good. Teachers were always at a loss about what group to put him in or revise the lesson plan. He was bullied and I think he was picked on both because he was new but also seen as academically weaker.

I didn't like it and made a big fuss about it -- not only because it wasn't right but probably because I knew I wouldn't be at that school long enough for the administrators or students to recognize me for making them acknowledge that there was gross inequity taking place there.

I've always been like that and I'm sorry I couldn't speak up for you too. xx

I am so sorry to hear that about your great nephew. 9 years old and wanting to end his life, will say a prayer for hope and healing @EvilOlivE

I’m a girl and I only remember being bullied by one person through middle and high school, and it was a male student about two years older than me. He basically just told me daily that he thought I was ugly and barked at me. I never understood his motivation. He was a jock and I was weird.

I’m a girl and I only remember being bullied by one person through middle and high school, and it was a male student about two years older than me. He basically just told me daily that he thought I was ugly and barked at me. I never understood his motivation. He was a jock and I was weird.

He probably found himself attracted to you and was ashamed of it,guys that are at the top of the social ladder dont want to admit they are attracted to anyone other than the preppy cheerleader types because that's not how it's supposed to be and they dont want to be a pariah,so they become an instead:rolleyes::mad: Same applies to girls too!

I went through a time in elementary school (more towards 4th and 5th grade) when the girls were so cruel to me that I used to cry before school and beg my parents to send me to private school. This carried right over to middle school as well. Kids can be CRUEL. That being said, I don’t think Conner took his own life or his sisters life. But bullying is real, even at such a young age.

When my mom, and dad divorced for the first time I was 7 years old. We moved to a small town with my grandmother, and grandfather, who was one of the kindest sweetest men I've ever known.

I loved living there since my own father had been abusing me physically, and emotionally tormenting me from the age of 2, and at 5 years of age it also entailed sexual abuse.

I felt happy, protected, and free for the first time in my life. Due to my darkly held secrets, and isolation I was a very shy quiet child even though very loving to all others.

Little did I know the worst bully in school chose me as her easy target. Her family were well off owning a large farm. She told everyone she had a steel plate in her head. Later on I learned that was all a lie she had used to not only get sympathy, attention, but gave her power since she told everyone if they even pushed her down she could die.

Anyway she constantly bullied me every single school day at school, and unfortunately we rode the same school bus to, and from school too.

I was so terrified of her, and even though she was a few months older than me she was much larger. She would see my mom come to school at times for PTA meetings, and saw how nicey she dressed, and the matching jewelry she wore.

She told me she was going to beat me to a pulp if I didnt start bringing her my mom's jewelry which was only nice fashion jewelry.

I was so terrified of this evil girl I stole from my own mother. :( It's the only thing I have ever taken anything in my entire life. In fact I detest any thief to this day. My mom never knew, and thought she had misplaced them since I tried to take items she rarely ever wore.

It got solved on it's own for all the wrong reasons. My abusive father had talked my mom into marrying him again even though I begged her not to, and she used ME as the excuse saying I needed my father in my daily life. Ugh!! They went on to divorce again, but remarried, and were still married when she died from cancer at 57.

I never told her about the cruel bully at school just like I protected my own father's secrets due to paralyzing fear of what would happen to me if I did... for he had threatened me of what he would do if I dared tell anyone. I never did until I was 38 years of age.

Back then I knew the teachers wouldnt believe me either. Even when she acted up in class they did nothing, but ignore it or turned a blind eye all because her family was well known.

Now as I reflect back I have wondered if bullies already know who they can easily target to unmercifially bully.

I have seen a few classmates who went on to graduate with her who told me she was really disliked by most everyone, and they tolerated her because they knew many of the teachers knew her family. From what they said she went on to bully many others throughout school.

I wouldn't tolerate being bullied by anyone now nor would I allow anyone to bully our children, or grandchildren or any other child if I knew it was happening.

Bullying is a gross form of mental tortuous abuse, and no one no matter their age should be subjected to it. No one. And due to social media sites now it's even far worse for society's children. My heart breaks for anyone who has been bullied.

But I do not believe these children's mom just because she says so.

If there was true abuse going on at school to the extent he would commit suicide the police will uncover it, and they will also uncover if it was just a convenient unsupported statement by the only person inside the home with her two children who were found hanging in the basement of HER home.

Jmho tho.

Last edited:

It really angers me that teachers, administrators and parents allow this.

My brother teaches at a catholic school and it is not allowed. A kid isn’t even allowed to eat by themselves. “Why is Sarah by herself? We don’t exclude anyone! Go invite her to sit with you.”

They don’t allow it and they’re on it.

It is the adult’s responsibility to teach children how to socialize. No wonder we’ve developed such a nasty, angry society when this is allowed to go on in childhood.

When my mom, and dad divorced for the first time I was 7 years old. We moved to a small town with my grandmother, and grandfather, who was one of the kindest sweetest men I've ever known.

I loved living there since my own father had been abusing me physically, and emotionally tormenting me from the age of 2, and at 5 years of age it also entailed sexual abuse.

I felt happy, protected, and free for the first time in my life. Due to my darkly held secrets, and isolation I was a very shy quiet child even though very loving to all others.

Little did I know the worst bully in school chose me as her easy target. Her family were well off owning a large farm. She told everyone she had a steel plate in her head. Later on I learned that was all a lie she had used to not only get sympathy, attention, but gave her power since she told everyone if they even pushed her down she could die.

Anyway she constantly bullied me every single school day at school, and unfortunately we rode the same school bus to, and from school too.

I was so terrified of her, and even though she was a few months older than me she was much larger. She would see my mom come to school at times for PTA meetings, and saw how nicey she dressed, and the matching jewelry she wore.

She told me she was going to beat me to a pulp if I didnt start bringing her my mom's jewelry which was only nice fashion jewelry.

I was so terrified of this evil girl I stole from my own mother. :( It's the only thing I have ever taken anything in my entire life. In fact I detest any thief to this day. My mom never knew, and thought she had misplaced them since I tried to take items she rarely ever wore.

It got solved on it's own for all the wrong reasons. My abusive father had talked my mom into marrying him again even though I begged her not to, and she used ME as the excuse saying I needed my father in my daily life. Ugh!! They went on to divorce again, but remarried, and were still married when she died from cancer at 57.

I never told her about the cruel bully at school just like I protected my own father's secrets due to paralyzing fear of what would happen to me if I did... for he had threatened me of what he would do if I dared tell anyone. I never did until I was 38 years of age.

Back then I knew the teachers wouldnt believe me either. Even when she acted up in class they did nothing, but ignore it or turned a blind eye all because her family was well known.

Now as I reflect back I have wondered if bullies already know who they can easily target to unmercifially bully.

I have seen a few classmates who went on to graduate with her who told me she was really disliked by most everyone, and they tolerated her because they knew many of the teachers knew her family. From what they said she went on to bully many others throughout school.

I wouldn't tolerate being bullied by anyone now nor would I allow anyone to bully our children, or grandchildren or any other child if I knew it was happening.

Bullying is a gross form of mental tortuous abuse, and no one no matter their age should be subjected to it. No one. And due to social media sites now it's even far worse for society's children. My heart breaks for anyone who has been bullied.

But I do not believe these children's mom just because she says so.

If there was true abuse going on at school to the extent he would commit suicide the police will uncover it, and they will also uncover if it was just a convenient unsupported statement by the only person inside the home with her two children who were found hanging in the basement of HER home.

Jmho tho.

I hate all of this. I’m angry for you. I wish I could go back in time and protect you from those who hurt you.

Agree, when my now 8 year old started Kindergarten, he was being bullied by another kindergartner in his class from the start. On the 7th day of school, they called and said I needed to come get him, that the bully had beaten him up. I had to take him to the ER, he had a concussion, black eye, busted lip, and was absolutely terrified to go back to school. His younger brother started kindergarten this year and is being bullied by a kid in his class and comes home crying. I'm trying to work with the school, but it's incredibly frustrating to get help.

BBM. I am appalled the school didn't call 911. As a parent of a bullied child 30 years ago, I'm stunned this is still happening in schools. Have you put your concerns in writing to your elected representative to the school board? The school board is elected and the fact that you have had this problem with two of your children is an indication to me that the problem might be systemic and likely rests with a teacher or administrator not doing their job in fear of a lawsuit. I wish you cyberhugs and best wishes on getting it resolved so that your precious kids are safe. If I was in your shoes, I would have the news media in the loop.

I don't believe this tragic case involves a bullied child at school nor do I believe he murdered his sister. Why? Because, like you, parents of bullied children usually reach out to schools to resolve the bullying BEFORE it ends in tragedy.

JMO

I hate all of this. I’m angry for you. I wish I could go back in time and protect you from those who hurt you.

Good morning my beautiful friend!

Thank you so much for caring, but I have learned long ago this is who you are. We are all so lucky to have you here. It isn't just because of your vast professional knowledge you share with us about many cases here when we have questions for you, but equally important is how you express your kindness, loving, and caring heart for us.

I have long ago let go of any anger I may have felt. As hard as my childhood may have been, I've always felt it gave me a future lifetime roadmap of what NOT to do when I finally escaped my father's home, and the cruel bullies as well.

I've been able to achieve those goals I sat for myself even as a young child who dreamed of a better life, like so many in my same situation have done. But I knew it could only happen if I did the right thing. It was all up to me to be the total opposite to ensure my past childhood did not define my life. I always knew no matter what happened none wouldn't ever be able to change or break my spirit. I stayed true to myself. I knew the best way to handle any trials, and tribulations in my life was to always depend on God for I knew He would help me through them, and He did.

I never felt anger or cynicism against all men for what individual men may have done. Instead, like always I remained kind, caring, and inclusive toward others that came into my life for all of the right reasons who have blessed my life beyond belief.

It also showed me I wasn't as cowardly as I had always felt I was back then because I know now it took courage to withstand all of it, and still come out never changing who I had always been.

I fully believe even in the worst of times, goodness can come out of the ruins. Since then I have tried my very best to show inclusiveness, respect, and kindness to those who interacts with me.

I say, what really matters is all is well that ends well, and not how one's life journey may have began.

Although this may be a trivual statement to some, it is so true. An abundance of love, both given, and received truly can heal even the deepest wounds.

Again thank you for your caring, loving, compassionate heart you show to so many. I know you too have suffered tragedies of your own that broke my heart for you, and still does. I've always felt a special connection with you.

Also its uncanny at times how we process cases here exactly the same way even if we are in the minority held opinions sometimes! LOL!

Jmho

Last edited:
Good morning my beautiful friend!

Thank you so much for caring, but I have learned long ago this is who you are. We are all so lucky to have you here. It isn't just because of your vast professional knowledge you share with us about many cases here when we have questions for you, but equally important is how you express your kindness, loving, and caring heart for us.

I have long ago let go of any anger I may have felt. As hard as my childhood may have been, I've always felt it gave me a future lifetime roadmap of what NOT to do when I finally escaped my father's home, and the cruel bullies as well.

I've been able to achieve those goals I sat for myself even as a young child who dreamed of a better life, like so many in my same situation have done. But I knew it could only happen if I did the right thing. It was all up to me to be the total opposite to ensure my past childhood did not define my life. I always knew no matter what happened none wouldn't ever be able to change or break my spirit. I stayed true to myself. I knew the best way to handle any trials, and tribulations in my life was to always depend on God for I knew He would help me through them, and He did.

I never felt anger or cynicism against all men for what individual men may have done. Instead, like always I remained kind, caring, and inclusive toward others that came into my life for all of the right reasons who have blessed my life beyond belief.

It also showed me I wasn't as cowardly as I had always felt I was back then because I know now it took courage to withstand all of it, and still come out never changing who I had always been.

I fully believe even in the worst of times, goodness can come out of the ruins. Since then I have tried my very best to show inclusiveness, respect, and kindness to those who interacts with me.

I say, what really matters is all is well that ends well, and not how one's life journey may have began.

Although this may be a trivual statement to some, it is so true. An abundance of love, both given, and received truly can heal even the deepest wounds.

Again thank you for your caring, loving, compassionate heart you show to so many. I know you too have suffered tragedies of your own that broke my heart for you, and still does. I've always felt a special connection with you.

Also its uncanny at times how we process cases here exactly the same way even if we are in the minority held opinions sometimes! LOL!

Jmho

I look for your posts so often to see what your opinion is! I respect you so much.

What you’ve written here is a recipe for healing.

I think another thing that helps those of us who have experienced some form of childhood trauma is hearing from others who have as well and have succeeded and healed regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member