IN - Grandfather charged in cruise ship death of toddler Chloe Wiegand #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I received when I went to a Translate app that I use from time to time on google:

translate spanish to english - Google Search

"Acto de Juegos" is not proper Spanish. As I mentioned before, it is a literal translation of "Game Act" so don't get too confused with that translation ;)
You can actually translate from English to Spanish "Game act" in google translate and it will result in "Acto de Juegos" as the translation. The problem with the translator is that doing the reverse ("Acto de Juegos" from Spanish to English) it sometimes translates it as "act of games" (it isn't consistent).

Last edited:
I’m not sure which windows I should be looking at here but I do recall reading that Chloe did hit some sort of ledge?

View attachment 216031

Am I seeing a ledge under the windows or is it an illusion?
It appears to cast a shadow from that viewing jut out.

eta of course I can’t find a link now so take that with grain of salt I guess

Last edited:
I’m not sure which windows I should be looking at here but I do recall reading that Chloe did hit some sort of ledge?

eta of course I can’t find a link now so take that with grain of salt I guess
Best I could find was this:
When speaking to Primera Hora, Elmer Roman said that Wiegand hit an awning after she fell before landing on the pavement.
Chloe Wiegand: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

The Primerahora article Google translates to:
According to preliminary information, the girl fell from a lower balcony to the deck, hit the ship and hit the pavement.
Muere niña al caer de crucero en San Juan

The photos of these ships look like they are straight up and down sides but I usually have a cabin on deck 10 and to look down from the balcony there is usually lifeboats or walkways beneath.
This incident is heartbreaking. Chloé should not have been lifted up to that window and held there.
These windows are just high enough for an adult to look out, not lean out.

Surely Royal Caribbean and other company can’t cage their ships from fool acts like this.

*#+-@&$!!!!!

Thanx for the link MsMarple, am I seeing quite think glasses? Was his eyes bad?

9EB99379-742A-4D3C-9A03-A722DAB80B30.jpeg
Port Authority spokesman Jose Carmona told CNN that the girl was in the dining hall playing with her grandfather on deck 11 of the ship when the tragedy occurred. Carmona said one window pane to the hall was open and Wiegand’s grandfather sat the girl in the window. He lost his balance which caused Wiegand to fall. Carmona said, “Sadly, she died on impact.”

Thanx for the link MsMarple, am I seeing quite think glasses? Was his eyes bad?

Port Authority spokesman Jose Carmona told CNN that the girl was in the dining hall playing with her grandfather on deck 11 of the ship when the tragedy occurred. Carmona said one window pane to the hall was open and Wiegand’s grandfather sat the girl in the window. He lost his balance which caused Wiegand to fall. Carmona said, “Sadly, she died on impact.”

I mentioned previously that I had seen photos of Grandpa wearing glasses. Was he wearing them at the time of the incident? If not, I suppose that could be a reason why he might not have known that the window where he placed Chloe wasn't closed. I expect this detail will come out during a trial, if there is one.

Last edited:
The hearing is today apparently - CBS is doing a story this morning.

The lawyer admits the video must be convincing the PR officials there is criminal negligence- family still blaming the cruise line

Video may be released to public

From the CBS report this morning: The arrogance and sense of entitlement from this family is mindboggling!

...But Chloe's family is shocked Puerto Rican prosecutors are holding Anello responsible, their attorney said.

"The family's really not doing well. I think they're really devastated by the fact that these charges have been filed and that this case continues to go forward," said Michael Winkleman, the family's attorney. "They're shocked because they think it's groundless. … They certainly didn't want charges to be filed."

Winkleman, who is not representing Anello in the criminal case, said despite the family wishes, prosecutors are pushing forward. The accident was caught on surveillance camera, and although Winkleman thinks the grandfather is not criminally responsible, the prosecutors may be seeing something else, he said...

Last edited:
After watching the CBS interview this morning I am more convinced then ever that video is going to show him being negligent - I just don't think they would have charged him when the reporter claimed the people all feel bad (paraphrasing) for this terrible accident - but then conceded at the end the video must be the proof.
JMO
For grandfather charged in girl's cruise ship death, surveillance video likely key evidence

..."You have to assume that it shows something that really led the Puerto Rican authorities to believe there was criminal offense, so clearly there's something in that video," he said...

Winkleman must feel that his big payday is fading fast. I can't believe that he hasn't seen the video or that he doesn't know what it will show. MW doesn't sound particularly confident about the lawsuit going forward and maybe with good reason.

..."You have to assume that it shows something that really led the Puerto Rican authorities to believe there was criminal offense, so clearly there's something in that video," he said...

Winkleman must feel that his big payday is fading fast. I can't believe that he hasn't seen the video or that he doesn't know what it will show. MW doesn't sound particularly confident about the lawsuit going forward and maybe with good reason.
ITA I'm wondering if someone has seen it (perhaps SA's criminal lawyer) and they have discussed it? He seems to be backpeddling at the end IMO. They really just need to stop the threat of the lawsuit or else file it and shut up IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow