GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
Riiiiiiiight. The evidence ,and proof is loud,and clear, yet he still protest much. Like in Macbeth.
MOO
I see what you're saying AofA, I just don't think he knows anything important, just the lies PF fed him. CC is a "simple" but kinder man that just cannot comprehend the evil that is PF. I do think it will eventually sink in.

ed:to be a little kinder

Last edited:
credit @gitana1
GUILTY - CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #68 - Post #979

A few posters have said CO doesn’t recognize grandparent’s rights. That’s untrue: Colorado Revised Statutes Title 19. Children's Code § 19-1-117 | FindLaw

They can ask for visitation in the context of dependency court cases, divorce cases and guardianship of minor children. They’re unlikely to get it unless they were an active part of the child’s life and thus it is found to be in the child’s best interests.

That was likely not granted in the dependency court proceedings thus far to SF due to:
1. The condition of her home.
2. The out of state placement.
3. Concerns she had knowledge of her son’s involvement in the disappearance and/or covered for her son.

Which is why I felt granting temporary custody immediately to the Berrreths who had much less contact was telling.

Also, once they adopt her, grandparent visitation does not apply.

As to PF? Yeah he can make it difficult for the Berreths by contesting the termination of parental rights but he’s going to lose, per the code because he’s ineligible for parole and will not be able to complete a “treatment plan”:

Does my incarceration mean my parental rights will be terminated?
No. Your parental rights are not automatically terminated just because you are in prison. As a general rule, an incarcerated parent, like any other parent, is given an opportunity to complete a treatment plan so that he or she can be reunited with their children. However, an incarcerated parent’s parole eligibility date matters.

According to the Colorado Children’s Code, 19-3-604(1)(b), a judge can “by-pass reunification” and terminate parental rights without giving the parent an opportunity to complete a treatment plan if the judge finds that “no appropriate treatment plan” can be developed.

Under the law, one of the reasons the judge can find that “no appropriate treatment plan”can be developed is if an incarcerated parent will not be parole eligible for 6 years from the date the child is found to be dependent and neglected (called “adjudication”) OR within 36 months for cases involving children under the age of 6. Therefore, it is important to let the judge, the social worker, the guardian ad litem, and your attorney know when you are parole eligible.
https://www.ccjrc.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/ParentingFromPrison.pdf

I am sure the Berreths have consulted with attorneys and know the process. And that it’s a guaranteed win them.

It just depends on whether the process is going to be lengthy and hard or not. But per the code it appears his rights will indeed be terminated ultimately.

Hope you’re happy PF. You beat to death an angel so you could possess your baby. And now neither you nor any of your family will get their hands on her ever again. Was it worth it, chief?

Yes, definitely saw that your point about CC trolling for an interview when you watch some of the video of the scene was definitely happing IMO.

What I don't understand though is the media not calling CC on his statements to the press or even asking a follow up question when he makes a statement about "things not happening the way they were presented in court" etc.

I am not sure what CC might believe on what happened and so far as I can see he is just putting out vague statements such as the one he made in the CBS interview which went unchallenged by the interviewer IMO.

We don’t know that. The station airs only portions.

Going back a couple of pages, I use Vinelink to get inmate info. I've never used 'Notify Me Of Status Change'. You have the options of phone, email, text. I'm not that brave!
Here's what Vinelink says and a ss.

VINELink

Offender Name:
FRAZEE, PATRICK MICHAEL
Custody Status:
In Custody
Race:
White
Contact Facility:

Offender ID:

Date of Birth:
04/18/1986
Just an FYI, Vinelinks has a disclaimer they do not receive data feeds from CO Dept of Corrections & to check with CO DOC.

He is in their custody now that he has been convicted and sentenced.

I see what you're saying AofA, I just don't think he knows anything important, just the lies PF fed him. CC is a "simple" but kinder man that just cannot comprehend the evil that is PF. I do think it will eventually sink in.

I think birds of a feather flock together. Get major creep vibes. But guess he's sticking to PF line. "No Body, No case" or is he still going with smearing Kelsey?
MOO

While he might not know anything as you point out, I'm not seeing that its productive or responsible to be making statements casting doubt on the State's case here either. IMO if he had a different POV and any possible evidence then by all means share it with the proper authorities for investigation.

IMO right now it simply looks as if he is seeking his '15 minutes of fame' with no information other than a connection to PF.

IMO its all quite sad and pathetic as the time to have spoken was long ago and not now and certainly NOT to the Press.

Very disappointing to see this happening and if LE believes that CC should be reinterviewed about his current claims or perhaps even other information regarding the entire Frazee family (including SF) then by all means IMO he should be brought in and reinterviewed.

Clearly this is a person that has a longstanding relationship with PF but IMO his motivation for speaking now seems entirely self motivated and I find this upsetting given that he might have had a chance to possibly offer information to find remains of KB.

MOO

He’s just having a hard time accepting the truth. There’s nothing to investigate. He has nothing.

He bought the swill PF fed him about Kelsey being a bad person. He knows PF. He didn’t know her. It’s hard for him to believe it. Even with all the evidence. That’s not unusual.

But he is annoying and should probably shut his mouth at this point. No one cares what he has to say anymore

Oh and why does PF have all these daddy figures around? No friends his age?

Which is funny bc I did not see him inside the courtroom (to my knowledge...not sure maybe @GoJacks could verify) . Then he was just out walking around CC trolling for an interview . Weird.
He and his wife were there. I looked at them after the verdict and it didn't seem like he had much emotion.

He was there in court every day I went, actually. (seems like he probably went every day) I don't understand how someone goes to most of the trial and then still thinks it happened differently. o_O

He was on the list of people to care for Baby K from the get go. He's also one of the only one's not the Hit list.

He wasn't one of the people on the list. (to care for the baby)

Last edited:
I think birds of a feather flock together. Get major creep vibes. But guess he's sticking to PF line. "No Body, No case" or is he still going with smearing Kelsey?
MOO
He's more likely to smear KK and make HER more involved, as in the murder, which we know isn't true. I don't think CC is evil in any way, just very, very naive. JMHO

eta: @gitana1 said it better!
etaa: I mean that KK wasn't there when the murder happened. We are all aware of her involvement with the conspiracy to kill KB.

Last edited:

He Libeled,or Slanderd Kelsey with Zero evidence,or proof.
I have zero sympathy for him and I don't trust him any more than I trust PF.
MOO

Re BBM
I agree. As we have seen in other cases its hard for someone who has been very close to the perp (father figure or other) to accept that the person they thought they knew for all those years could really be a murderer. It is very difficult to accept and the person doesnt want to believe they were duped into being a close friend to someone who could actually do something so horrific like this. So they look for anything that would make it not true instead of accepting that they too were duped like the victim was.

ETA One other thought. People can be generally good until they are not. So if this was PF's first murder then of course it would surprise his close friends, his family members, and others. For all murderers, there is always the first murder they commit. Up until then they had not killed anyone. And for some murderers they can be generally good until that first murder.

Last edited:
He Libeled,or Slanderd Kelsey with Zero evidence,or proof.
I have zero sympathy for him and I don't trust him any more than I trust PF.
MOO
I will agree that he slandered KB before the trial based on only his conversations with PF. I have no evidence at this point that he has done so since the conclusion of the trial and PF's guilty verdict so I'd rather not accuse him of that now/yet.

I would expect Patrick and Ma F will only meet in a room where cameras are present and will not be able to exchange anything.

My friend had a son in jail for just a drug charge and she couldn't even take in a bag of chips.
She had to purchase outrageously expensive snacks from a machine and have them handed to him.

IIRC they could exchange hugs at the beginning and end of each visit but that was it.

I can't see Patrick being able to hand Ma F a hit list and his calls will all be recorded. Looks like he's going to have to try and trade Whoizzit's off-brand Cheetos for any future hits.

And think about this...his mother is going to die and be buried and he'll be sitting in a cell.
He may be too hard and cold to care but maybe he will suffer. Let us hope!
She already has a copy of that hit list, in my opinion.

They just need the right person (I hate myself for typing this) willing to do harm for quick cash. Scary when you think about it.

He and his wife were there. I looked at them after the verdict and it didn't seem like he had much emotion.

He was there in court every day I went, actually. (seems like he probably went every day) I don't understand how someone goes to most of the trial and then still thinks it happened differently. o_O

He wasn't one of the people on the list. (to care for the baby)
This coming from the man that thought double socking the feet of a child outweighed all the filth and lies PF told about the child's mother and made for a good father!

I'm sorry he was duped by PF but he's not going to help himself by continuing to spout how this crime doesn't fit the profile of PF. I think he (CC) needs to keep on walking and keep his mouth shut. I just find him disrespectful.

MOO

Patrick Frazee Gets Life Sentence For Murdering Fiancée: What About Their 2-Year-Old Daughter?

Which is funny bc I did not see him inside the courtroom (to my knowledge...not sure maybe @GoJacks could verify) . Then he was just out walking around CC trolling for an interview . Weird.

I'm so glad you got to go and to be there for the verdict. Thank you for sharing that with us and also your beautiful thoughts and pictures in memory of sweet Kelsey. It was very touching.

She already has a copy of that hit list, in my opinion.

They just need the right person (I hate myself for typing this) willing to do harm for quick cash. Scary when you think about it.
I like to believe that: 1) PF doesn't have enough cash to motivate anyone to pull off a hit for him, and 2) there are very, very few people who would kill total strangers for cash simply because a truly execrable convicted criminal with a life+ sentence paid them to do so. MOO

Not hard to find PF... but did anyone ever find witness Bentley?

Someone tells me he was transferred to Weld County jail straight from Teller County jail back in October because it was Weld County where warrants were issued months ago, his cases are there. But Weld County jail has no info on Bentley's status, not even that he was released. I tested another inmate and Vine had his complete info, but Bentley is just Poof! not located in Vine.

Of course the juicier rumor is that SF1 bailed him out, but there is no proof of this. Nowhere does it say that Bentley bonded out? TIA if anyone found him.
His girlfriend bailed him out. The question is, where did the money come from? We will never know unless someone speaks, or it becomes evidence in the future.

There was just one post here in the threads that had all 13 I believe. The rest only had a few. I don't know how to find it. M o o.
I don't believe we have a total number as the issue was only alluded to vaguely by DA May IMO when he spoke outside the Courthouse after the verdict.

I believe this was done for the protection of the involved people but this is speculation on my part as DA May didn't explain further.

MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members