MI MI - Adrienne Quintal, 47, called for help, foul play possible, Honor, Benzie Co., 17 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
"There's two specific deer camps located in that general area," Benzie County Sheriff Ted Schendel told WWJ's Beth Fisher. "And we did make contact with them to make them aware of, you know, what's going on and if they come across anything to immediately contact the sheriff's office."

[...]

Schendel said at this point they have three theories:

"The first theory is that something medical happened with her; maybe she got into some bad drugs and, you know, shot the place up and the ran off into the woods," he told Fisher. "The second theory, obviously, is that she was abducted. And the third is that she may have staged this...So those are the three avenues that we are currently working."

Michigan Deer Hunters Asked To Look For Signs Of Missing Woman

This is great info and does support the medical mental issue a bit more. No shots into the cabin is a big lead. Now, with a metal detector you can find all of those rounds within hours. They surely have the casings and know exactly how many shots were fired. If one or more of the bullets is missing from the ground/trees/etc there may well have been a vehicle, or animal hit to carry or remove the bullets from the scene. I tend to feel like she was shooting at her reflection so those bullets would be high angle and not going to ground fast. That would tell a story. It would take some crazy thought out plan to have shot out the windows perpendicular instead of towards the ground level for someone staging a scene. Maybe they didn't want to have to repair wall damage, just glass? No doubt it's either mental or staged. Edit: Also, the powder evidence from the shots would show how far the gun was away from the window. If someone just didn't want to tear up anything but the window they would have been close. If you're more of a person who knows about combat you have to be using the wall and distance for cover and muzzle flash hiding so you'd be as far back from the window as you could be and still see the target and be firing at a steep angle to the ground. The stupid Vegas shooter was using elevated positions and depth into the room to effectively hide his position, for example.

If she had her boots on already, went to the roof and thought someone was now in the cabin, she would take them off so she wouldn’t be heard stepping across the roof, I’m still wondering if someone shot up at her so she did that so they couldn’t locate where she was above them?

The "roof" she was on is just a small part jutting out, not over a habitable area.

In my opinion the abduction theory makes the least sense of the three. How could someone abduct someone with a 9mm and extra ammo without firing a shot? Abductors never breached the locked doors. So, it looks like what happened is the abductors showed up in the middle of the night and they must have dodged Ada’s bullets then convinced here to leave the security of the cabin then convinced her to surrender her gun. All this was done without firing a shot or spilling a drop of blood (incredible).
I agree. The scene looks staged in my opinion. Shots fired out the window would have gone ten feet over the heads of anyone out there, boots on the roof with phone, and gun laying on the ground? I see no evidence of a forced abduction, and I don't think she would have run off without any of those things. I feel that if someone took her, they were there with her in the cabin when that call was made.

That's where her shoes and cell phone were found, the window next to the mud room roof was found open.
This is the window that was left open:
aq-open_window-jpg.214671

I'm not sure that the roof where the phone and the boots were found is in the picture.

At this point I think the simplest answer (not necessarily the right one, but the most plausible) is she was intoxicated, paranoid and shooting at hallucinations, and will be found in the water which is only a short ways from the back of either cabin (since it still hasn't been clarified which is which on the map). The dogs didn't track her because they failed, and I'm honestly disappointed in this sheriff for not having a massive ground search for her early on. Half a mile around the house? Come on - did they even search the second property? Drones? Where is her family organizing searches? Does she have to be an autistic teenager for people to look for her?

I agree. The scene looks staged in my opinion. Shots fired out the window would have gone ten feet over the heads of anyone out there, boots on the roof with phone, and gun laying on the ground? I see no evidence of a forced abduction, and I don't think she would have run off without any of those things. I feel that if someone took her, they were there with her in the cabin when that call was made.
BBM. Didn't she manage to shoot out a window on her car with one of those shots? If not, where did that shot come from? She could have hit someone sitting in the car or standing nearby.

This is the window that was left open:
aq-open_window-jpg.214671

I'm not sure that the roof where the phone and the boots were found is in the picture.

Wait, I'm confused. Isn't that the roof where her boots were found in the photo? The slanted one behind the reporter's right shoulder? Are you saying there is another roof with a window right above it that would be easy for her to access? Why is the reporter showing this one if it isn't the window and roof Ada was thought to climb out onto and leave her cell phone and boots?

Wait, I'm confused. Isn't that the roof where her boots were found in the photo?

Bringing these forward:
Video of the outside and inside of the cabin at the link:

Bullet Holes Found In Window of Benzie County Cabin Where Woman Was Last Seen - 9 & 10 News

ETA: According to the reporter in the video, Adrienne's friend could hear shots being fired in the background.

Here's the window that was left open and from which she climbed on the roof, and another view of the cabin side (stills from the video). The window to the left of the door is the one with the bullet holes.
aq-window2-jpg.214672

aq-window3-jpg.214675

Clarification: she had usually stayed at the white cabin but was staying in the green/tan (ish) cabin this time. Sorry, that initial comment was a bit muddled!

Just so I understand visually....
•window circled in yellow is the one she climbed out of
•red arrow points to the part of smaller separate roof area (over mud room?)

No, I don't think that makes sense at all. That's the window that has the bullet holes in it on the front of the cabin. I think that is an enclosed porch on the front. The photo with the reporter is at the back of the cabin. This is my interpretation:

upload_2019-11-21_11-47-6.png

Yep @Gardener1850
I’m confused. Went to dentist and a bit fuzzy

Lol, you are not the only one confused! :p:cool: I was thinking maybe I needed some more coffee. I mean I could be wrong, but I don't see how she could climb out the window with bullet holes in it to reach that roof. I has to be the one the reporter is standing in front of IMOO.

Just so I understand visually....
•window circled in yellow is the one she climbed out of
•red arrow points to the part of smaller separate roof area (over mud room?)

Can anyone confirm the space under the house/crawlspace under that porch was checked thoroughly? If she was scared, even if mentally degraded, she would go to the best possible hiding. There would be floor access to the crawlspace or a door to it to work on plumbing, etc. It looks wide open under the closed porch area under those steps as well. One could go into a corner or beneath something under the cabin. Surely this was searched first.

Wait, I'm confused. Isn't that the roof where her boots were found in the photo? The slanted one behind the reporter's right shoulder? Are you saying there is another roof with a window right above it that would be easy for her to access? Why is the reporter showing this one if it isn't the window and roof Ada was thought to climb out onto and leave her cell phone and boots?
She might have climbed to another part of the roof (higher off the ground, with less slope) from the narrow roof shown in the picture.

She might have climbed to another part of the roof (higher off the ground, with less slope) from the narrow roof shown in the picture.

Ok, I see what you are saying about her taking off her boots there to climb on the higher roof and walk across. But why would she do that at 3 AM if she thought people were in the front of the cabin shooting at her? Wouldn't that make her an easier target? How did her gun end up in the yard? I know we don't know any answers... But nothing really makes sense here... :confused:o_O MOO.

From what I recall hearing the attic had been converted to a loft for extra sleeping spots. I recall someone saying that she would go out a window from up there. However, with two cabins, and only pictures from one side, its hard to be sure. I would expect the window to be higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam