TX TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 #2 *NAME NOT RELEASED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think she was a working girl but if she was desperate and approached who is to say she wouldn't have considered it. We can't even say without a doubt she wasn't raped. Just because there is no semen doesn't mean she wasn't violated. I can't see a woman being the suspect. You're right when saying it was interesting that she specifically asked about the Ellis Unit. She would've seen signs for the Holiday and Walls Unit on highway 45... That alone tells me she had a destination. I saw guards solicit the girls in 2000, I'm sure it was happening 20 years earlier as well. Never saw a cop do it.

Now, this is the part that I feel like a dumbass for not thinking about it before. Not sure how many are aware of this.... But Huntsville is home to one if the largest universities in this area.. Sam Houston state university... Which is exactly why I lived in Huntsville... I would get college kids coming in to the Hitching Post to study because it was 24 hours... Also after bars closed they would come in after a night of partying. They think WCJD was killed Halloween night so I'm sure college kids were out partying until late night hours... It was also a Saturday night. Maybe we are looking for a college kid. Like I said, I'm just trying to think of all possibilities.

Ahhh..also, in this year there was the prison rodeo open to the public on every sunday in October. It was a way of gaining revenue for their educational programs and rehabilitation services etc.. just thought I'd add that, as I have actually been recently reading up on the fact that they possibly did incorporate rodeo sweethearts who were likely chosen from the civilian population.

Ahhh..also, in this year there was the prison rodeo open to the public on every sunday in October. It was a way of gaining revenue for their educational programs and rehabilitation services etc.. just thought I'd add that, as I have actually been recently reading up on the fact that they possibly did incorporate rodeo sweethearts who were likely chosen from the civilian population.
She could have been headed to the rodeo even.

I think your college theory is one that should be explored. She is a nameless possible runaway, that was trying to visit someone in prison. A college kid could have been so far under the radar. Would college kids have interned in the prisons? Or had classes there?
They had plenty of probable employment prospects on the grounds. It was a very busy place during that time. They would have had construction happening, and they had records keeping division and human resources department so many more that I can not remember at this moment but its a very good possibility that she could have been seeking employment and was attempting to meet with someone who probably lured her in with the promise of a job opportunity.

They had plenty of probable employment prospects on the grounds. It was a very busy place during that time. They would have had construction happening, and they had records keeping division and human resources department so many more that I can not remember at this moment but its a very good possibility that she could have been seeking employment and was attempting to meet with someone who probably lured her in with the promise of a job opportunity.
Do you think records were kept for part time employees? If you look back over people that would have worked in the area and check them against current criminal records, could that offer up new suspects? Is that even possible?

Has anyone else wondered how accurate the eye color was?

That is a good question. Hazel eyes can look different depending on what someone wears or the light, right? When they found her she had bruising that occured prior to her death. Sorry if this has been asked but how long would it take for bruises to appear?

That is a good question. Hazel eyes can look different depending on what someone wears or the light, right? When they found her she had bruising that occured prior to her death. Sorry if this has been asked but how long would it take for bruises to appear?
I actually know people with blue and brown eyes that tell people they have hazel eyes because they don't know the difference.

I think we dicyssed this way way back when? But I always question, what is hazel?
Ive always called brown & green eyes hazel while others state blue & green is hazel.
And now I see blue & brown eyes :)
Definitely a question worth review. Were the morgue photos in color? Seems like Carlk answered this question before and I would believe him based on him having access to several of those photos if I am not mistaken. (For his likeness of WCJD which a lot of us take as gospel b/c he was so involved getting her case/ face out there in the public more recently, IMO).

I think we dicyssed this way way back when? But I always question, what is hazel?
Ive always called brown & green eyes hazel while others state blue & green is hazel.
And now I see blue & brown eyes :)
Definitely a question worth review. Were the morgue photos in color? Seems like Carlk answered this question before and I would believe him based on him having access to several of those photos if I am not mistaken. (For his likeness of WCJD which a lot of us take as gospel b/c he was so involved getting her case/ face out there in the public more recently, IMO).

The Science of Hazel Eyes
This might explain Hazel eyes. I remember my cousin talking about how hazel was different than grey or green.

It is possible that our girl was Hispanic but with white characteristics?

I won't be totally surprised if that turns out to be the case. She could be a "Guera" (forgive me if I'm wrong, but I believe that's a slang term for a Hispanic female with very light hair). If her parents were undocumented, that could be a reason why nobody appears to have successfully reported her missing even though it looked like someone was taking care of her.

For what it's worth, there was a tip a few months back (if I recall correctly) from someone who claimed that WCJD looked like an old acquaintance named Nancy Villarreal; Villarreal is a very Hispanic surname.

Last edited:

I've been in fights as a teenager that left immediate bruising near the eye. I both gave them and received them. It depends how hard you are hit and where really. The face is probably quick in comparison to a bruise on a portion of the body that has less cushion..

Informative. Thank you..
My next thought would have to be,
What are the odds that the person doing the autopsy or made the police report documenting the actual eye color,
Would have been legitimately able to accurately describe what the scientists explain as the color hazel or the variations of it?

The term “Hispanic” initially means “person born in Spanish speaking country”. Hispanic isn’t a race. She could possibly be Hispanic, aka White Hispanic, or maybe even a white Mexican.

Anyway, has anyone seen this video?

I haven’t seen some of those photos before! Also, the YouTuber states WCJD got into a station wagon with three males. I think that’s the first I heard of this. Wonder where she got that information?

Last edited:
The term “Hispanic” initially means “person born in Spanish speaking country”. Hispanic isn’t a race. She could possibly be Hispanic, aka White Hispanic, or maybe even a white Mexican.

Anyway, has anyone seen this video?

I haven’t seen some of those photos before! Also, the YouTuber states WCJD got into a station wagon with three males. I think that’s the first I heard of this. Wonder where she got that information?

I thought she traveled with several guys but was last seen walking on the road. This video also says a waitress said she seemed able to pull a con or something like that. I don't remember hearing that. It's contradictory to people noticing how young she looked and their semi concern.

I won't be totally surprised if that turns out to be the case. She could be a "Guera" (forgive me if I'm wrong, but I believe that's a slang term for a Hispanic female with very light hair). If her parents were undocumented, that could be a reason why nobody appears to have successfully reported her missing even though it looked like someone was taking care of her.

For what it's worth, there was a tip a few months back (if I recall correctly) from someone who claimed that WCJD looked like an old acquaintance named Nancy Villarreal; Villarreal is a very Hispanic surname.

It might not be about documentation as much as about people assuming that she isn't hispanic. When people are looking for matches they might be unintentionally ignoring hispanic last names.

I thought she traveled with several guys but was last seen walking on the road. This video also says a waitress said she seemed able to pull a con or something like that. I don't remember hearing that. It's contradictory to people noticing how young she looked and their semi concern.
I’ve read about the con thing somewhere.
You are right, those people weren’t too concerned. It is strange! She looks no older than 15...
What exactly would one mean though by “she looks as if she could pull a con”? Street smart, confidence? Maybe I’m naive but she looks like an innocent young girl to me.
She could’ve been involved in something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie