AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean anonymous through CrimeStoppers?

The reason I asked is I've followed many many cases through the years where a CS tip or tips yielded vital information for LE.

I can't remember even one case where the anonymous tipster was outed publicly or known to others.

If they became known later its because they advised the police they were the anonymous tipster themselves with some agreeing to testify. It's their call always though.

Since CS has been a highly successful tool for many many years now in vast amounts of cities, and states throughout our country it's long been used in.... the word spreads quickly in all of the communities that it is a very safe way to give vital much needed confidentail information where the tipsters aren't ever outed. It becomes common knowledge.

I'm sure without a doubt anonymous tipsters have been used successfully in this same area even before this case.

So I cant comprehend why anyone who has much needed information about her case not making anonymous tip or tips when their identity will not become known unless they want it to become publicly known. So that is not a viable excuse to remain silent in such a serious case. I'm sure other illegal immigrants living there have helped LE in other cases.

I forgot, but isn't this area also a sanctuary city? If so, that would be more of a reason for illegals to give anonymous tips since they know they are already a protected group.

I could understand somewhat if they weren't in a protected status already since many cities, and states aren't sanctuary cities or states. Even one of those sanctuary cities have had to amend their sanctuary laws because they have wound up protecting illegal immigrant criminals who have done many horrific violent crimes against US citizens, and other illegal immigrants.

I dont believe this area has changed or amended their sanctuary laws though, and all illegally here, good or bad are protected.

Jmho

"Attorney General Directive 2018-6, known as the Immigrant Trust Directive, limited the types of voluntary assistance that state, county and local law enforcement agencies in New Jersey may provide to federal civil immigration authorities, including Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). The Directive drew a clear line between the responsibility of New Jersey’s 36,000 law enforcement officers to enforce state criminal laws and the responsibility of federal immigration authorities to enforce federal civil immigration law. The rules strengthen trust between New Jersey law enforcement officers and the state’s immigrant communities, to help ensure that the members of these communities are comfortable reporting crimes to police and coming forward as witnesses.

In a letter to all law enforcement chief executives explaining his decision to now end the use of 287(g) agreements, Attorney General Grewal noted that these agreements “allow ICE to deputize county and local law enforcement officers to enforce federal immigration law pursuant.” As a result, they “blur the distinction between federal civil immigration enforcement and local law enforcement,” which “creates confusion regarding the distinct roles of local law enforcement and federal agents” and “makes it less likely that immigrant victims and witnesses will cooperate with local police in criminal investigations.”

per State of New Jersey

Does your theory align with these people living in Bridgeton and dumping their child's body in Delaware? Or with living in Delaware and driving to a park in Bridgeton and finding Dulce? Respectfully, I have doubts in either scenario. Though, I do agree it is a much happier ending for Dulce.

It's OK to have doubts. I was just brain storming the scenario as an investigative team might. Bodies are frequently deposited in areas outside an actors operating zone in the hope they cannot be tied to the remains, however forensic science advances by leaps and bounds and trace evidence generally gives some clues. Even back as far as the Adolph Coor's kidnapping and homicide in 1960, trace evidence was critical in solving the case.

It has happened before? Do you know a case?

I distinctly remember a case featured on either one of the ID TV shows or Forensics Files. I seem to remember a case back in the 70's or 80's as well. Quite sure at least one was a newborn. Someone else may remember which case as the mother was, was pregnant, lost the child, stuffed a pillow under he cloths for weeks to appear pregnant, then abducted a child and claimed she gave birth while here husband was at work and it was hers. The husband was in the Military. Everyone around her was scratching their heads as the child appeared too old to be a newborn. Might have been a Joe Kenda case.

Jackie Rodriguez, who has acted as a spokeswoman for Dulce’s family and organized vigils and searches for the child, noted that many who don’t keep up with the news and aren’t on social media aren’t aware that a local child is missing. That’s why she wants to keep distributing fliers.

To learn more about the search, go to the Facebook group Rodriguez created.

Dr. Phil program airs an episode on Dulce.
“He personally offered to help get the word out, get her picture out. He was willing to help in any kind of way," Rodriguez said. “He was an amazing guy.”
Fresh community search planned for missing 5-year-old Dulce Alavez

So working the "replacement" theory. Family loses a child to illness. They are undocumented and are not woodland savvy enough to place the remains deep in the woods. They cannot inter the remains by legal means without exposing their immigration status and risk deportation, so they do the best they can (better option than in a dumpster). Father is out at the park with his other two children, sees Dulce and realizes she is almost a doppleganger for his lost child and makes a snap decision to take her. Dulce is visually close enough to his lost child that others in the area around the family do not realize the switch has occurred, notably if the family is not all that social with other local families.

I's just one possible scenario and a much happier one that the child predator options.
If this was the case, don't think you think the other two children would know it was not their sister. I guess it depends on the age of the children. It would be great it it turned out to be true

When I read the replacement theory, my first thought was Dulce could have been a replacement for the little girl found just prior on the ballfield a state away. Not a replacement for a grieving family but a replacement for a person who abducts children and then quickly discards. :(

When I read the replacement theory, my first thought was Dulce could have been a replacement for the little girl found just prior on the ballfield a state away. Not a replacement for a grieving family but a replacement for a person who abducts children and then quickly discards. :(

This has been my theory all along. Delaware and New Jersey are not that far away for someone looking to replace a kidnapped child.

I know his show will bring updated exposure. Yet...

I do not like this photo of him beside Dulce for some reason. It looks exploitive. imo
https://www.inquirer.com/resizer/jP...aws.com/public/5W4QMUYEMZGDVNL7272GUOR73A.png
I wish for a more concerned image to be published.
‘Dr. Phil’ to feature case of missing 5-year-old Dulce Maria Alavez
I appreciate Dr. Phil for lending his image to the search for Dulce. We know he gets attention, and reaches a huge audience. I see this as a blessing.

amateur opinion and speculation

Sadly, I believe beautiful Dulce's kidnapping case will be the same as the vast DOJ studies shows when a young child has been abducted/kidnapped.

Imo, she too was kidnapped by a pedophile stranger who's motive was to sexually assault his young victim, then discarding the child's body in a place known only to them until located, if, and when it ever happens. We have many missing children who were said to have been abducted.

A prime example is when the TPD came out early on establishing 6 year old Isabel Celis had been abducted. Yet it took 6 years to arrest her serial pedophile/murderer who was a stranger, and only then was her partial remains found in the desert. It was the same area when he went on to murder another child, also placing Maribel Gonzalez body in the same general area. He also boasted to his now exgirlfriend he has two more victims buried in the vast dessert there.

Imo, Dulce's body may never be located, and it may take years to find her predator offender or it may go unsolved even for decades like other cases.

I believe if Dulce's predator believes he has gotten away with her abduction, and yes, murder, IMOO, he will feel arrogant, and emboldened enough to do it again.

If he is a nomadic offender it could be in a completely different state knowing its difficult for LE to tie other state abductions to the one which happened in their state. He may even change his MO next time like Clements did in the AZ cases. He abducted Isa from her own bedroom, but abducted MG on the street in broad daylight. Imo, he knew the TPD wouldn't link the two abductions together.

I highly respect all differing opinions of why she was taken. For me though after following these same kind of cases for decades now the overwhelming number one motive for abducting minor children per the DOJ is to sexually assault the child, both little girls, and boys.

I dont believe this case will be any different as much as it breaks my heart, but I've long been a realist when it comes to these type of predatory offenders, and what they are capable of doing to the most defenseless, and most vulnerable among us.

Through the years I've researched quite extensively, about violent male offenders, and where they place their victim/s' bodies is widely varying.

Some male offenders will place the victims within an 8 mile up to 20 mile radius of the orginal kidnapping sites, whether children or adults victims.

However some drive great distances even hundreds of miles to do so. Even if far away or closer it can be in areas they feel are in their comfort zones, but not always.

God bless Dulce's family, and all who grieve. May Dulce be found, and her horrible offender, and may justice be harsh, and swift.

Jmhoo

Last edited:
I am excited that the family will get some national exposure for sweet Dulce on the Dr Phil show, I don't think it will change the outcome of tips or searches in this case but i do believe it will give mom and grandma some relief and hope that someone is helping and for that i am thankful. I don't think this sweet child was taken by anyone who wanted a child to love and be apart of their family,I think a pedophile/local sex offender seen the opportunity and snatched her. This case has reminded me from the start of Diana Alvarez,I have wonder if the family ever had someone living with them/helping someone get on their feet? I believe she was taken by someone with one purpose to sexual abuse her and murder her, that is very hurtful to even type and i pray i am wrong, I will keep praying that she is found after all there have been a few cases where I thought the worse and then a miracle happened and they were found[ Jamie Claus]. prayers for Dulce and her family.

A few pages back someone asked for a translation of a Univision interview with Dulce's mom and grandmother on the morning show Despierta America (Wake Up America). This is my translation. Apologies in advance for mistakes in grammar and/or syntax. Bear with me, Spanish is my first language.

https://www.univision.com/shows/des...-ruegan-que-no-se-olviden-de-la-pequena-video

Video clip starts with Noema Alavez (Dulce's Mom)-
Good morning. The truth is the police haven’t told us much whenever they come by to visit us. They say they have no clues and have no new information. The truth is it has been very difficult for us because so much time has passed since last hearing from her.
Satcha Pretto (Univision Reporter)-
How have the last two months been without hearing from your little daughter?
Noema Alavez-
It has been very difficult. The truth is since that has happened nothing has been the same for me and my family. We can’t go anywhere in peace knowing that she is still missing.
Satch Pretto-
How do you remember the day you saw your daughter for the last time? From our understanding, she was playing with her 3-year-old brother and you were in a car with another minor (8 years of age).
Noema Alavez-
It was very isolated. There weren’t many kids there. The only kids there were playing basketball. I never once thought something like this could happen. I never once thought someone would kidnap my daughter.
Satch Pretto-
Tell us about the community support you have received during these last few weeks. Tell us more about the searches that have been done from this case that was first investigated by law enforcement.
Noema Alavez-
The truth is our community has given us so much support. There have been people that have come from other states to help us pass flyers to other non-local places.
Satch Pretto-
Norma, you as a grandmother has had the difficult task of talking to the media since the very beginning. Today you are on Despierta America to reach out to not only the community in New Jersey but to the whole country. You hope that they can help in some way.
Norma Perez Alavez (Dulce's grandmother)-
Yes. Good morning. We like to thank you for the support you have given us. We would like for someone to help us, wherever you are in this world. We are going through a very tough situation since the last time we heard from our granddaughter. Ever since she was kidnapped, we haven’t been able to sleep. We are always up worried and hoping someone tells us something. I would like for anyone in the world to help us. She is a little 5-year-old girl. She is just a baby. (Grandma starts to cry.) This is not fair. For her and for us. Please, we beg everybody to share her photo and her story. If someone sees her, please contact the police immediately so we can find her. We don’t know what else to do. All our searches have come in vain. Our community has really helped us search for her but still nothing. I have faith in God that she is out there somewhere, but we still don’t know where she is.
Satcha Pretto-
What has law enforcement told you in regards to the possible witness in the sketch? He may be of Hispanic descent. He was last seen in that area and might know information about Dulce’s case.
Norma Perez Alavez-
They haven't told us anything really. When I ask if they have any new information, they have told me that they are doing their best to find this possible witness. They want to know if this person has seen something. Police haven’t us told much more. I would like to go searching every day but it has been near impossible because they are also busy. Sometimes authorities have come to visit us and I always ask for information. Sometimes I go looking for them. I just don’t want them to stop looking for our little granddaughter. We are so sad. We know we are not from here originally. I deeply fear that they would stop looking for her. (Grandma starts crying) That’s why I beg for anyone to help us. If someone who is listening can help us please do. It has been very painful for us.
Satcha Pretto-
Mrs. Norma Perez, we can't imagine the pain you are going through. We appreciate that you and Noema Alavez have come forth to speak with us and share these images that can help find Dulce. We would like for you to know that we have confirmed that law enforcement continues to work on this case with the support of others. There is also a reward for $52,000.00 for information that can help find this little girl. Thank you both for being here. Despierta America will continue to give you support. I hope that this all has a happy ending.

The man just arrested for luring, drives a silver foreign sedan.

Over 500 possible red or look a like vans have been investigated by local authorities.
Giving out flyers at Walmart in Bridgeton might be a good idea.

I was actually in my walmart a couple days ago, her flier is verry visable on their Missing Bulletin board. I could see hers a good distance from me. Also it is directly next to the bathroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClaraJune2288