GUILTY NEW ZEALAND - Grace Millane, 22, British backpacker, Auckland, 1 Dec 2018 #3

Did he ever say anything about them eating food? From 5pm ish until the wee hours next day, drinking a ton lots of sex but never consumed any food....
No but he went for a nice steak himself on the morning ... :rolleyes:

Later that morning he had gone for 'a scotch fillet, medium rare, with mushrooms, chips and salad' for breakfast before having a nap and going to meet a friend from work, he told DS Settle.

Jury Grace Millane murder trial see pictures of suitcase where her body found Auckland New Zealand | Daily Mail Online

I think it still counts—like courtkim said everybody knows putting hands tight on a neck for too long is dangerous— and you keep it up you are taking a reckless course of action that can easily kill— that fills one of the definitions of murder given.
Getting too turned on by the strangling to stop wouldn’t change the above principle
Yes, a reasonable person would know the danger of tightening their hands around the neck for an entire minute, and even less.

It takes a lot more than one minute to cause death. When a person is strangled, they kick their legs and thrash around violently in a desperate attempt to take a breath.
If they do lose consciousness, it's only for about 10 seconds or so from what I understand.

At some point he had to have known he was causing her harm and she had either lost consciousness, or was struggling or in some kind of distress, but he chose to keep going. It doesn't matter if it was seconds or minutes. If he did nothing to stop himself it is still murder.

Imo

What worries me about the recklessness part is that he still had to have intent to injure her. The judge said only if they believe, by putting his hands around her neck, did he intend to cause her injury and was reckless with the possibility death could follow, can he be found guilty of murder.
Well, any rational person would know that strangling someone could result in death or injury. So whether he intended it or not it is still a reckless act that caused her death.

Imo

About his account, were they talking and kissing and having placid yet bitey sex for 4 hours before they had the fatal sex? Because that was the timeline Mr Brookie endorses—got back to room about 945pm, that the pics taken of Grace about 130am were when she was alive
Yeah I just don’t believe that two people who’ve had that much to drink would have sex for four hours and only then get to the point of having such vigorous choking sex that someone dies. One or the other of the couple would pass out drunk well before then.

Yeah I just don’t believe that two people who’ve had that much to drink would have sex for four hours and only then get to the point of having such vigorous choking sex that someone dies. One or the other of the couple would pass out drunk well before then.

right, especially on no food
Regarding passing out drunk I suppose it’s possible that she did. It’s possible he started strangling her when she was already unconscious or just asleep. Although I strongly believe based on the blood around the room that he hit her possibly to subdue, as the Crowns forensic expert said a soft tissue injury like a bloody lip wouldn’t necessarily be evident due to decomposition

right, especially on no food
Regarding passing out drunk I suppose it’s possible that she did. It’s possible he started strangling her when she was already unconscious or just asleep. Although I strongly believe based on the blood around the room that he hit her possibly to subdue, as the Crowns forensic expert said a soft tissue injury like a bloody lip wouldn’t necessarily be evident due to decomposition
Yeah, there has to be some reason other than her possibly having a bloody nose for him to have tracked bloody footprints and for the other spots that were found.
It's a mystery to me.
I do think its possible that she fought back and he hit her, though.

Imo

No but he went for a nice steak himself on the morning ... :rolleyes:

Later that morning he had gone for 'a scotch fillet, medium rare, with mushrooms, chips and salad' for breakfast before having a nap and going to meet a friend from work, he told DS Settle.

Jury Grace Millane murder trial see pictures of suitcase where her body found Auckland New Zealand | Daily Mail Online
Oh yeah the scotch fillet! He had a hearty meal for a guy so distraught he claimed he had just thought about ending it all because he couldn’t go on without Grace.

looking back I forgot he told the Dec 2 Tinder date his best friend was a Crown prosecutor. He WISHES he could be BFFs with the likes of Brian Dickey...

Oh yeah the scotch fillet! He had a hearty meal for a guy so distraught he claimed he had just thought about ending it all because he couldn’t go on without Grace.

looking back I forgot he told the Dec 2 Tinder date his best friend was a Crown prosecutor. He WISHES he could be BFFs with the likes of Brian Dickey...
Google Image Result for https://au.res.keymedia.com/files/image/Brian%20Dickey.jpg
“If grace wasn’t Here I didn’t want to be” :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

He wishes he could have a mate full stop never mind a crown prosecution best friend! The guys got zero pals

Last edited:
also the bit where he says she slaps his *advertiser censored* ... grace likes the submissive role, she even says So and that she’s not experimented with the “domme” side of things but is open too in one of the whiplr chats. Holding his arms above his head and hitting his butt isn’t the role of a submissive... his version just doesn’t add up at all.
Oh really? Do you have a link to that?

So a submissive guy has messaged her, wanting her to be the dominant?

I don't remember that. Interesting. Would like a link.

Oh really? Do you have a link to that?

So a submissive guy has messaged her, wanting her to be the dominant?

I don't remember that. Interesting. Would like a link.
Oh, I thought it was the defendant who said she did that.
It was someone else?

The jury has asked Justice Simon Moore for clarification.

Question: "Does the 'when he applied pressure' [to her neck] apply to when he started or can it mean at any time during the sustained pressure to the neck?

Justice Simon Moore answers: “When he applied pressure is not limited to the beginning, it can be at any time during the application of force leading to death.”

The jury foreperson said she didn't think the deliberations would take too much longer and they were likely to deliver a verdict today.

Stuff.co.nz

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase