GUILTY NEW ZEALAND - Grace Millane, 22, British backpacker, Auckland, 1 Dec 2018 #3

Happy with the guilty verdict. Glad the jury could see past the lies and the defence’s attempt to blame Grace (which they absolutely did try, whatever they claim.)

It’s interesting that the murderer remained impassive during the verdict. Not crying as he was in parts of the trial. Think he’s dropped the act now.

I hope Grace can rest in peace and her family can rebuild their lives. They’ve had to sit through some awful evidence and listen to their daughter’s private life being discussed in front of everyone. Let’s hope the name suppression is lifted soon, so that the world can see who this man is and what he’s hiding.

UK user here, just caught up on the news this morning. Glad the has been found guilty and I hope he doesn’t see daylight for a very long time. Massive well done to Scott Beard and all the prosecutors for all their hard work. Such a bittersweet feeling as of course it doesn’t bring Grace back but hopefully her family and friends take some comfort from justice prevailing here.

When he was arrested rumours were rife that he was a deportee, booted out of Australia for offending there.

But that information is incorrect.

Who is Grace Millane's murderer? Unravelling labyrinth of lies and a fatal Tinder date

Seems I was wrong.

Fascinating read, thank you for posting! He did get into trouble with the law in Sydney though.

Clearly to allow time for another separate trial to take place IMO.

I agree, and that jury aren't suppose to know of this trial and the verdict, by 2021, it will be lost in the sea of other horrible news stories. :(

I wonder if the case/s to come are due to women feeling more confident they could report him after he was arrested and his name was originally out there. Or perhaps women the police approached like the witness who had her face sat on were then given the option to or encouraged to press charges.

After reading that great article @kiwijayne posted, I feel there could be a lot more to what happened on that fateful night than a sexual act gone wrong. Maybe she wanted to leave or said something he didn't like, who knows?! Thank God, the defence's tactics didn't put this guy back out on the streets! Mr Dickie and his team did a fantastic job!

From the article posted - The 3 women who shared a house with asked him to leave after 2 weeks because he was acting weird around them and lying incessantly, they were scared about asking him to leave, when they were out, he abruptly cleared out and they changed the locks the next day.
One of his Tinder dates said he was controlling and rang her 3 times a day for 2 months, demanded to know if she'd slept with anyone during the time they were chatting on line, she decided not to meet up with him.

Last edited:
I wonder if the case/s to come are due to women feeling more confident they could report him after he was arrested and his name was originally out there. Or perhaps women the police approached like the witness who had her face sat on were then given the option to or encouraged to press charges.
Yes, this could be it, there are so many possibilities with this guy.

After seeing him around the building at odd times of the day - when any executive would usually be working - and missed rent payments, he became suspicious.

The initial rent and bond was paid by WINZ and the man said that was due to a "delay" in his pay at his new role, which was remunerated monthly.

He used the same excuse when his subsequent rent was late, promising to pay the owner what was owed plus a month in advance as soon as his pay came in.

"It looked like he wasn't working," the owner said.

"At the stage I was going to confront him, this other thing happened."

He now believes his former tenant, who owes him thousands of dollars in rent, was "obsessed with picking up women".

"He appeared to have been a pick up artist," the owner told the Herald.

"It seems like that was his full time job, like it was all he did.

"I have no idea if he actually made any money or did any work - he seemed to lie all the time."

Who is Grace Millane's murderer? Unravelling labyrinth of lies and a fatal Tinder date

It almost sounds like he knew the game was up, with the walls fast closing in on his financial situation at the hotel, that it all became too much and he lost control that night with Grace.

If he wasn't paying his rent from Oct 16th at the city life then he never had the money to start with. The lies just served to extend his time at the hotel for as long as he could.

His income or any savings, (if he had any at all), was going solely on his serial dating, his presentation + wining and dining, and not on his living priorities. Incredible for a man of his age.

He had to have known he was on course for oblivion and would fast lose the apartment:- and be asked to leave once more; obviously he was prepared for that actuality, but he still wanted to try and get as many dates in as possible first.

His lifestory resembles a sad and very slowmotion car-crash. In many ways I pity him as well as despise his general persona and character.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=1220792

I've just gone back to something posted earlier and digested it properly.....FIVE arrests per day for strangulation in New Zealand. That is horrific levels of domestic abuse for such a small country. Makes me question the current thinking that this is a normal act now amongst young people and more something these men are doing after a diet of hardcore, abusive *advertiser censored*.

It’s my first time posting on this thread. This is only the second trial I have followed after the horrendous Alesha Macphail case which I followed very closely. Took me a while to recover. I have been following the trial loosely as I found it harder due to the time difference however I am glad that this evil man has been found guilty.

Thanks for the link Kiwilaura. fascinating reading.
So glad to wake up this morning and see a guilty verdict. One less thing for her family to bear.
Re name suppression: comments on the web elsewhere have all but confirmed the reason for name suppression is a rape charge that is yet to tried

Hope I am not breaking any rules by saying that when I googled the reason for the name suppression I came up with a mainstream UK newspaper article from last December before the guilty party was made anonymous.
Is this normal that such information would be left unredacted and available? I was surprised to find it still up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back