MI MI - Adrienne Quintal, 47, called for help, foul play possible, Honor, Benzie Co., 17 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to be some new info here regarding who she called. That person is identified here. This is from our local Detroit area paper.
Mystery deepens on Southfield mom missing from northern Michigan cabin
Okay that photo with bullet hole labeled "C" is concerning and I am starting to wonder what is going on. You can see trees in the background. They say all bullets were fired from inside the cabin yet the crater is inside the window and not outside. This means that shot was fired from outside to inside and from cratering being pretty even it was fired pretty much horizontal to the window with no great up/down or left/right angle.

Okay that photo with bullet hole labeled "C" is concerning and I am starting to wonder what is going on. You can see trees in the background. They say all bullets were fired from inside the cabin yet the crater is inside the window and not outside. This means that shot was fired from outside to inside and from cratering being pretty even it was fired pretty much horizontal to the window with no great up/down or left/right angle.

it also says in the article that the friend she spoke to on the phone heard gun shots in the background, which i take to mean were not being fired from adrienne's gun, but from background gun/s being fired. it also states that there were multiple casings from multiple weapons found on the ground. i strongly now believe someone attacked adrienne.

I don't see the name of the person she called but there are some interesting quotes from the new article (BBM):

[...]

Quintal's family, including her ex-husband, have doubled the reward for information in the case to $20,000 through Nov. 30 with the hope that someone will come forward, Bryson said.

[...]

About eight minutes after Quintal called the family friend Oct. 17, Benzie County Central Dispatch received a 911 transfer from Michigan State Police Metro Dispatch from the friend.

[...]

Lamerson said there were casings around the outside of the cabin from what appeared to be multiple guns, with some casings older and rusty and others newer. He said authorities are awaiting results of ballistics tests.

Lamerson said the vehicle was registered to Quintal's boyfriend, who has been at the cabin with Quintal but left in another vehicle that he owned two days earlier to return to metro Detroit.

Lamerson said Quintal tried to call two other people, who he declined to identify, prior to calling the family friend. He said the family friend told police she heard multiple gunshots in the background while on the phone with Quintal.

Lamerson said the house was secured from the inside but authorities found some windows at the cabin open — including one with bullet holes in it. He said Quintal most likely got out of the cabin through a small window on the west end of the house.

[...]

Neighbors are pretty spread out, Lamerson said, but one living in the area thought they heard gunshots about 2:30 a.m. Oct. 17. He said a neighbor spoke with Quintal on Oct. 16 and it appeared that everything was all right.

[...]

"We've not ruled anyone out as a suspect or ruled out any possible theories on what could have occurred," he said, adding that everyone is a person of interest and no one is in custody or charged.

[...]

She called Quintal "a beautiful girl," who is the youngest of four siblings. She said Quintal graduated from Warren Fitzgerald High School and has been a concealed pistol license holder for at least 10 years and never went anywhere without her 9 mm handgun. She said her sister was a good shot.

659478a2-910a-4eff-af64-d9754505c672-adrienne-quintal.jpg

Adrienne Quintal is shown with a buck she bagged in a hunting trip in Michigan's Thumb. (Photo: Family photo)

Bryson said her sister had worked in the auto industry as a contractor for an engineering firm as a database analyst, but had some health issues and was laid off.

Bryson said Quintal hadn't been working full-time for about two years, but was doing odd jobs and that their uncle paid her $500 to make repairs on the old cabin because he is getting older and is unable to do all the work.

[...]

Bryson said she doesn't buy the theory that Quintal would stage her disappearance, saying Quintal loves her adult son too much to put him and other relatives "through that heartache and pain."

If her sister wanted to leave, Bryson said, she would have left a note and taken her purse, her vaping devices and vehicle — all of which were at the cabin.

Bryson said her sister was involved in an altercation in metro Detroit in July in which Quintal was "seriously hurt" and hospitalized. Bryson declined to go into too many details so not impede the investigation into her sister's disappearance.

Quintal's nose was broken in the altercation and she had a concussion, which Bryson said might be considered a traumatic brain injury.

[...]

Bryson told the Free Press the person who hurt her sister hasn't been caught, and she's "not going to write that off until that person is found and cleared by the police."

She said her sister had been drinking when she was attacked in the summer, but according to the medical records that Bryson said she saw, there were no drugs in her sister's system. She said she wasn't aware of any problems her sister has with drugs or alcohol.

Lamerson said Quintal has no criminal history.

While Bryson said she won't discount a medical condition or something like that involving her sister's disappearance, she is leaning toward Quintal being abducted.

Several other cell phones, hmmn. Jenny did not mention that in her interview?

Maybe LE wasn't going to mention the multiple cell phones to anyone until they had information from pings, texts, etc. The WDIV report was filmed recently because there is snow on the ground. No snow on October 17 when Ada "disappeared".

Looks like with today's new info we can rule out at least one theory!!!

If a neighbor talked to AQ on the 16th then Lundy couldn't have done something to her before he left the area

RSBM

So here's my theory. There was a fight and Lundy killed Ade. He disposed of the body long before this even started. He returns home and plans what to do. He and another woman go to the cabin. When they arrive, he uses her phone to text his at 1:40. Possibly he's got someone at his house to actually receive the text. Now he gets the girl to call the friend in hysterics. The friend hadn't seen Ade much over the previous year, and if they used speaker phone, it would account for why the voice was accepted by the friend. It would also make sense that the imposter wouldn't know the cabin address. Once that call was made, Lundy and the girl are on their way back home. Lundy's phone never left his bedroom, and Ade's phone will only ping at the cabin. So the question is whether there is any actual activity on her phone between the time Lundy left and 1:40 AM that morning?

I don't see the name of the person she called but there are some interesting quotes from the new article (BBM):

Neighbors are pretty spread out, Lamerson said, but one living in the area thought they heard gunshots about 2:30 a.m. Oct. 17. He said a neighbor spoke with Quintal on Oct. 16 and it appeared that everything was all right.

Seems to be some new info here regarding who she called. That person is identified here. This is from our local Detroit area paper.
Some new information from the article:
  • The friend called Adrienne back after calling the police, but that call went straight to voicemail.
  • Older and newer gun shell casings from multiple guns were found outside of the cabin.
  • The police found "some" windows open, including the one with the bullet holes.
  • The window on the driver's side of the car was struck by a bullet.
  • The car was registered to her bf.
  • She only had a dog for 10 days.
  • She had health issues and was laid off work.
  • She was doing odd jobs to get by.
  • Her uncle paid her $500 to do cabin repairs.
  • She planned to stay at the cabin for a month.
  • Her nose got broken in the July altercation.
  • The person who hurt her hasn't been caught.
  • A neighbor spoke to her on Oct 16.

[...]

Quintal's family, including her ex-husband, have doubled the reward for information in the case to $20,000 through Nov. 30 with the hope that someone will come forward, Bryson said.

[...]

About eight minutes after Quintal called the family friend Oct. 17, Benzie County Central Dispatch received a 911 transfer from Michigan State Police Metro Dispatch from the friend.

[...]

Lamerson said there were casings around the outside of the cabin from what appeared to be multiple guns, with some casings older and rusty and others newer. He said authorities are awaiting results of ballistics tests.

Lamerson said the vehicle was registered to Quintal's boyfriend, who has been at the cabin with Quintal but left in another vehicle that he owned two days earlier to return to metro Detroit.

Lamerson said Quintal tried to call two other people, who he declined to identify, prior to calling the family friend. He said the family friend told police she heard multiple gunshots in the background while on the phone with Quintal.

Lamerson said the house was secured from the inside but authorities found some windows at the cabin open — including one with bullet holes in it. He said Quintal most likely got out of the cabin through a small window on the west end of the house.

[...]

[...]

"We've not ruled anyone out as a suspect or ruled out any possible theories on what could have occurred," he said, adding that everyone is a person of interest and no one is in custody or charged.

[...]

She called Quintal "a beautiful girl," who is the youngest of four siblings. She said Quintal graduated from Warren Fitzgerald High School and has been a concealed pistol license holder for at least 10 years and never went anywhere without her 9 mm handgun. She said her sister was a good shot.

659478a2-910a-4eff-af64-d9754505c672-adrienne-quintal.jpg

Adrienne Quintal is shown with a buck she bagged in a hunting trip in Michigan's Thumb. (Photo: Family photo)

Bryson said her sister had worked in the auto industry as a contractor for an engineering firm as a database analyst, but had some health issues and was laid off.

Bryson said Quintal hadn't been working full-time for about two years, but was doing odd jobs and that their uncle paid her $500 to make repairs on the old cabin because he is getting older and is unable to do all the work.

[...]

Bryson said she doesn't buy the theory that Quintal would stage her disappearance, saying Quintal loves her adult son too much to put him and other relatives "through that heartache and pain."

If her sister wanted to leave, Bryson said, she would have left a note and taken her purse, her vaping devices and vehicle — all of which were at the cabin.

Bryson said her sister was involved in an altercation in metro Detroit in July in which Quintal was "seriously hurt" and hospitalized. Bryson declined to go into too many details so not impede the investigation into her sister's disappearance.

Quintal's nose was broken in the altercation and she had a concussion, which Bryson said might be considered a traumatic brain injury.

[...]

Bryson told the Free Press the person who hurt her sister hasn't been caught, and she's "not going to write that off until that person is found and cleared by the police."

She said her sister had been drinking when she was attacked in the summer, but according to the medical records that Bryson said she saw, there were no drugs in her sister's system. She said she wasn't aware of any problems her sister has with drugs or alcohol.

Lamerson said Quintal has no criminal history.

While Bryson said she won't discount a medical condition or something like that involving her sister's disappearance, she is leaning toward Quintal being abducted.

Thank you so much Gardener1850 for highlighting all those points for us!!!
Good stuff!! :D

If a neighbor talked to AQ on the 16th then Lundy couldn't have done something to her before he left the area

RSBM
That theory was too complicated, IMO. Someone impersonating her on the call was not very likely.

I'd like to know why her phone wasn't ringing after her friend tried to call her again. Did Adrienne deliberately turn it off (in addition to leaving it on the roof)?

RSBM

Spoke to does not necessarily mean in person. Could have been on the phone. Wish that could be cleared up, it is important.

I could have sworn the press release said no shell casings were found outside. But reading it again it doesn't say that. It says no blood or injured persons were found outside. They said there was evidence of shots fired from inside the cabin to outside. They didn't say there is no evidence of someone shooting from outside the cabin. Interesting that they omitted finding spent shell casings outside. Now they are saying they are still running the ballistics? The friend heard gunshots in the background while talking to Ada. The neighbor spoke to her on Oct 16th. I'm back to wondering if there really was someone outside shooting. :eek:o_O:confused:

MOO.

I'm also surprised that her ex-husband is putting up part of the reward money but her current boyfriend hasn't even put out a statement pleading for her to be found or asking for her to come back if she is out there hiding. o_O:(

What stuck out to me:

—Ada was laid off from her job due to health problems.

—Sister said she knows of no problems w/drugs or alcohol.

So it wouldn’t seem that she was not working because of any substance abuse issues.

I found it interesting that her sister first thought of a “mental break.” Besides the concussion, maybe there’s a reason she immediately thought mental break?

I could have sworn the press release said no shell casings were found outside. But reading it again it doesn't say that. It says no blood or injured persons were found outside. They said there was evidence of shots fired from inside the cabin to outside. They didn't say there is no evidence of someone shooting from outside the cabin. Interesting that they omitted finding spent shell casings outside. Now they are saying they are still running the ballistics? The friend heard gunshots in the background while talking to Ada. The neighbor spoke to her on Oct 16th. I'm back to wondering if there really was someone outside shooting. :eek:o_O:confused:

MOO.
Me too :eek:

I like this theory but why abduct her and not just send the message and kill her? It takes time and effort to kidnap someone and keep them for? On the other hand, a hit for an unpaid drug debt makes more sense maybe.

And of course this is just speculation. No proof of drug issues exists.
Personally, my going theory is some sort of medical issue or breakdown followed by running off into that woods.

MOO
As much as I want her to be, I don't believe she is alive. She wasn't just killed because whoever did it would have been caught by now. They [LE] are in the absolute dark right now.

I think she just took the fall for someone. If she had a bunch of vaping devices, which her sister said she did, she could have been using THC catridges. Who knows.

She seems to put together to just break down and run into the woods. And even then, she hunts. She would know those woods and would be able to survive.

I'm also surprised that her ex-husband is putting up part of the reward money but her current boyfriend hasn't even put out a statement pleading for her to be found or asking for her to come back if she is out there hiding. o_O:(

I'm not entirely convinced that "the boyfriend" isn't involved, even if he didn't hurt Ada or abduct her. I'd like to know more about Lundy and his associates ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288