UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
And as Miss French has pointed out, there was no need for him to go AWOL. He could have simply left the RAF. Unless you know of some other factor that would force him to go undercover? If you do, please share it.

He might be working for RAF uncover for them for some reason, do you think is so strange they won't get involved with this case

He might be working for RAF uncover for them for some reason, do you think is so strange they won't get involved with this case
If he were working undercover, it seems that the RAF would have at least allowed him to tie up loose ends before being deployed, like finding someone to care for his dog. It also seems a little strange that they would just pluck him off the street in the wee hours of the morning to go on undercover assignment.

Maybe Corrie got New identity and new job somewhere
Yes, but how do you explain that happening? To get a new identity you would need money to purchase the credentials, and you need those credentials to get a new job.

Maybe Corrie save some money for month and put it somewhere or ask a friend to mine for him

I've served in the RAF and can tell you that the average RAF Regiment Gunner does not do undercover work. If they were involved in covert ops, they would be Special Forces, not on an RAF Regiment Squadron at Honington. Someone going undercover would be stable and not liable to blackmail. They would be able to let their family know they would be incommunicado. They would not disappear and have their photo and details plastered everywhere as that kind of defeats the object.

The RAF, including the RAF Police, are not set up to deal with a missing persons case, so no, their level of involvement is not strange. The RAF Police has a different remit to the civilian police.

Do you think maybe RAF thinks he might be AWOL, and they haven't got any real evidence to back it up

I don't think many people think he is AWOL. It's really hard to go long term missing in the UK. The wilds of Scotland would be a good place to hide but his face is pretty well known up there. And why would he turn his back on his family, with whom he seems to have had a good relationship?

Why, @Chrisxxx, are you so sure he's AWOL and not dead in a ditch somewhere?

I don't think many people think he is AWOL. It's really hard to go long term missing in the UK. The wilds of Scotland would be a good place to hide but his face is pretty well known up there. And why would he turn his back on his family, with whom he seems to have had a good relationship?

Why, @Chrisxxx, are you so sure he's AWOL and not dead in a ditch somewhere?

I always thought he went AWOL, for some reason I haven't a clue why he done it he was dead he definitely will be found bye someone.

I always thought he went AWOL, for some reason I haven't a clue why he done it he was dead he definitely will be found bye someone.

Hundreds of bodies never get found. How many do you think are under building foundations or snagged at the bottom of lakes? Or burnt to ashes, or cast out at sea or chucked into a disused quarry? Just buried deep in a field, or on the moors or in some deep dark woods? Or in a landfill?

Most suicides are found, hard job to hide your dead self. But murderers go to great lengths to hide bodies. I'm not saying Corrie was murdered, but what I am saying is it's easier to stay hidden dead than alive.

You know, if Corrie was a bit odd or a bit of a loner I could consider him being shacked up in a remote house with a beard and a dog, catching food to eat and laying low. But he's a young, vibrant social butterfly with a mum he adores who is broken. I just don't see him being happy holed up with no interaction with the outside world, I just don't.

I don't believe he been murdered his body would been found by now by someone.

I don't believe he been murdered his body would been found by now by someone.

Why would he have been found? Did you read my previous post? Hundreds of bodies never get found because they get hidden. Do you think Claudia Lawrence and Suzy Lamplugh are also AWOL? Lord Lucan? Leah Croucher? Andrew Gosden? There are over 700 people on the UK's long term missing list, a huge proportion of those will never be found. Doesn't mean they're all just hiding.

Anyway, I digress, because I'm not convinced Corrie was killed by someone else. It's still above AWOL on my list of probabilities, though.

Please read the following message from Tricia:

Hey Friends,

This is very important. Please listen to my latest podcast, Websleuths Radio Podcast.

You can find it on Apple here and on Spotify here.

Or anywhere you can find true crime podcasts.

I cannot stress enough how important it is to Websleuths and our podcast for you to listen and ask your friends to listen as well. If Websleuths is going to continue (forum and podcast) we need you to listen to Websleuths Radio Podcast.

We need you to listen, ask your friends to listen and ask their friends to listen. Please get the word out. There is a new podcast in town and it is one you do not want to miss.

This week Heather Robinson Ramos. As a baby, Heather's mom was killed by serial killer John Robinson. Robinson then "adopted" baby Heather to his brother and his wife.

Also, please listen to the new podcast called Detective Trapp. To help Websleuths check out a little taste of this podcast.

Detective Trapp on Apple Podcasts

Thank you to everyone.

Tricia
Owner, Websleuths

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics