MO - Sherrill Levitt, 47, Suzie Streeter, 19, & Stacy McCall, 18, Springfield, 7 June 1992 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asher said different on a tv show. He is no longer a police officer. Saying the cops are saying different is very misleading.
Saying that a cop is wrong when your document was proven by a cop lower in rank than Asher is misleading.

He was a cop the two years Mike Clay had any relevant documents associated with the case. And during the time of his questioning.

Ron Hutcheson's, who administered the lie detector test for the grave robbers, boss was David Asher.

So tell me Ms. Clay, how can Asher be wrong about the facts when he literally was the superior of Hutcheson, who signed off on your polygraphs? Hutcheson was a corporal at the time. Asher was Sergeant and lead detective on the case.

Are you saying Hutcheson would keep lie detector information from Asher? And that Asher wouldn't be shown evidence and interrogation details?

The documents I’m talking about that prove Asher lied are NOT the polygraphs. Obviously there is absolutely nothing I could say to make you believe me. I’m not going to debate you on this any further. You keep on believing a tv show. I’m going to believe documents, my husband, and others that were there at the time.

I don't "believe a TV show." That's so misleading. The TV show is the medium. The statement about the car and Dustin's alibi were not editing tricks.

I believe that the LEAD DETECTIVE of the case has more relevant info than a suspect's wife. Sorry.

Mike's questioning was only during the time Asher was a detective. He was never questioned about this case after Asher retired.

Ron Hutcheson's, who administered the lie detector test for the grave robbers, boss was David Asher.

So tell me Ms. Clay, how can Asher be wrong about the facts when he literally was the superior of Hutcheson, who signed off on your polygraphs? Hutcheson was a corporal at the time. Asher was Sergeant and lead detective on the case.

Are you saying Hutcheson would keep lie detector information from Asher? And that Asher wouldn't be shown evidence and interrogation details?

The documents I’m talking about that prove Asher is lying are NOT the lie detector results. I’m not going to debate you on this any longer. You can keep on not believing me and believe what is said on a tv show. I’m going to keep on believing documents, my husband, and people I know that were living in Springfield at the time including members of the band that played the concert that night.

* sorry to have restated. It gave me an error and did not show it had posted.

I don't "believe a TV show." That's so misleading. The TV show is the medium. The statement about the car and Dustin's alibi were not editing tricks.

I believe that the LEAD DETECTIVE of the case has more relevant info than a suspect's wife. Sorry.

Mike's questioning was only during the time Asher was a detective. He was never questioned about this case after Asher retired.

How do you know what other cops did. Asher isn't a cop anymore. You are quoting his statements made on television shows.

How do you know what other cops did. Asher isn't a cop anymore. You are quoting his statements made on television shows.
How do you know anything at all? Because Ms. Clay said so? Because she has something that Asher also had access to?

If the lead detective is wrong, then how can you know anything is true?

And what credibility does Mike have over the case's lead detective anyways?

How do you know anything at all? Because Ms. Clay said so? Because she has something that Asher also had access to?

If the lead detective is wrong, then how can you know anything is true?

And what credibility does Mike have over the case's lead detective anyways?

If the cops messed up this case that matters. Cops should be held to a higher standard. You are just trying to start fights or possibly having a breakdown. Cops lie they mess up. What is Asher's great achievement?

If no one questioned Mike after Asher retired that tells me no one else thinks he’s involved. That says a whole lot.

If no one questioned Mike after Asher retired that tells me no one else thinks he’s involved. That says a whole lot.
I'm not saying Mike is involved.

But Mike did say things on forums that go against what Asher said in the program. Why is that irrelevant to you? And if you're wondering importance of the comments, that would be possible deflection/protection related. Either Asher or Clay is deflecting or lying. Need the truth!

The perps/witnesses in the Lauria Bible/Ashley Freeman case weren't re-questioned for years either. I don't think that has much relevance. It's just legality.

Last edited:
What is Asher's great achievement?
Operation Clean Sweep in 1991 was headed by him. He's received numerous awards at the Police Ball in town.

In 1992 Asher was a big reason for prosecuting the perp the shot the aborition clinic in Springfield. He has many accomplishments. Lead detective on many solved homicides from 1991-1994. Just do some digging.

Credibility. Mike Clay's credibility? He once said Suzie wasn't a friend. Then did a 180 and claimed she WAS a friend of his. That shot his entire credibility according to some people. I don't really care one way or another about his relationship with Suzie. We do know he said some not-so-good things at the time.

Have tried. Over 20 times over the years. He isn't responding to me. Would love to hear from him.

SPD doesn't care to discuss details of the case. It's an ongoing investigation, you know. So we're left with what they say publicly. And our own research.

Just a small point, as you say this is an ongoing investigation, however retired detective Asher percent himself for questioning on every single TV show that's done about this
ongoing investigation ? Now he is a private citizen and he is entitled to his opinion.

However, look what he is doing and has done from the very beginning his attempt to divide and isolate, divide and conquer. There's a reason his tactics haven't worked for 27 + years because he's focused on the wrong people. 27 years later he wants the focus on either myself or Dusty and Mike.

If that doesn't seem a little strange to you then there is really nothing more to discuss with you on this matter.

Maybe spend a little time trying to figure out what Asher's hidden agenda is.

Because his public agenda is quite obvious to everybody.

Bartt,

Asher has only done 48 Hours (1992) and the latest TV show (2019). He's not done Disappeared (2012) nor Crime Watch Daily (2017). He had a brief appearance on "Vanished" (2012)which was an unfinished amateur college-kid-produced documentary.

Bartt, what about Darrell Moore and Mark Webb who are also very suspicious of Mike and Dusty and their associates? What about Mountjoy? It's not just Asher.

Why are two prosecutors also suspicious of the same thing? Ignore Asher, it's multiple other LE-affiliated people. And none them suspect you, nor even look in your direction btw.

Agenda, obvious, yes, but lying? Different thing.

Last edited:
Apologies if this goes against Websleuths rules but here's Clay's words himself.

I will delete if it is.

Posting things from another forum is against policy, but what is even the purpose of this? Mike changed his mind after answering questions from Bartt. He never really thought about it before and after talking more about the relationship with her brother he changed his mind. That is called changing an opinion when you learn more. That is what people should do.

Posting things from another forum is against policy, but what is even the purpose of this? Mike changed his mind after answering questions from Bartt. He never really thought about it before and after talking more about the relationship with her brother he changed his mind. That is called changing an opinion when you learn more. That is what people should do.
I think some people have a problem with Mike saying he was Suzie's friend while also saying "I hope those *advertiser censored* are dead" during the same "friend" timeframe.

Bartt,

Asher has only done 48 Hours (1992) and the latest TV show (2019). He's not done Disappeared (2012) nor Crime Watch Daily (2017). He had a brief appearance on "Vanished" (2012)which was an unfinished amateur college-kid-produced documentary.

Bartt, what about Darrell Moore and Mark Webb who are also very suspicious of Mike and Dusty and their associates? What about Mountjoy? It's not just Asher.

Agenda, obvious, yes, but lying? Different thing.

Firstly let me apologize I'm trying to text on my phone and I'm not the most talented phone texter in the world.

I will assume you are correct let's start with 48 hours that was a fiasco do to David Asher. We can move on to vanished, in which he isolated his hopes for the case to be solved for the McCall family and the community of Springfield not mentioning my family at all, and now we have the latest example of retired detective David Asher's input. Everybody can judge that one....

I think your focus on associates such as Garrison has validity, however, I think your approach towards Mike and his wife is insensitive and somewhat ignorant.

Bartt,

Not sure what's insensitive about asking questions regarding the truth. An ex-lead detective says something completely different than Mike Clay. There must be answers, do you agree? You said yourself that if Suzie's car was used, there needs to be more investigation into that.

And if you think Garrison and his associates are valid, then just how do you think Garrison entered your sister and mother's life? What's the link?

Bartt, you think I am being insensitive but Mike said you should have been investigated more when your story from Tennessee broke out. Isn't that a bit odd? I can send you screenshots to your PMs.

Last edited:
Bartt,

Not sure what's insensitive about asking questions regarding the truth. An ex-lead detective says something completely different than Mike Clay. There must be answers, do you agree? You said yourself that if Suzie's car was used, there needs to be more investigation into that.

And if you think Garrison and his associates are valid, then just how do you think Garrison entered your sister and mother's life? What's the link?

Bartt, you think I am being insensitive but Mike said you should have been investigated more when your story from Tennessee broke out. Isn't that a bit odd? I can send you screenshots to your PMs.

Are you seriously trying to start a fight?

Have tried. Over 20 times over the years. He isn't responding to me. Would love to hear from him.

SPD doesn't care to discuss details of the case. It's an ongoing investigation, you know. So we're left with what they say publicly. And our own research.
I’m not sure why any LE prior or current would speak to you to be honest .
Like Bartt told you in 2011, you aren’t solving anything with a smigin of resources LE has .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther