Mark Sievers Trial General Discussion Thread

Besides the odd voicemails, Dr. P. received which he himself was surprised at the first one, the fact that Mark wanted to know if it was a burglary (since that is what Mark S. wanted CWW to do) in his phone conversation with Dr. P. I thought that was real interesting vs not asking much about his wife.

I am a bit worried about this trial. The reasonable doubt and one juror. Much as I dislike saying this, MS really looks good compared to all of his past photos.
I missed that piece--I knew that Mark called the Doctor the morning of the killing when Dr. Seviers didn't show up for work, but what were the conversations regarding the night before? When I heard the voicemail from the day of the killing, he did say that if Dr. P couldn't stop by the house that he would call his mother which answered a question in my mind of why he didn't call his mother, but didn't answer why he wouldn't have reached out to her first. Very odd. What were the previous voicemails about?

This is a little off topic...Does anyone think that MS will tell what he knows about CWW and Ronnie Bolin? I think that MS knows that CWW is responsible for Bolin's disappearance; and that's why he didn't have a problem asking him to murder his wife.

Think about it...MS talks to CWW about murdering his wife on the day of his wedding. Who would do something like that with a normal friend? Wouldn't you think that the groom-to-be would be insulted and stunned and ask, "Why on earth would you approach me about something like this, especially on my wedding day?"

Synergizer Bunny? I don't know anything about a Bolin disappearance. Who was Bolin? This thing is very layered.

People on SSDI can still earn a little money above board, so if he was only getting $100/month it would not affect his SSDI. Not that I think he's past gaming the system!

Last night's Dateline was about a murder that took a lot of years to solve. I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't watched, but the person who was finally convicted is in prison and still receiving a 72K a year pension!
I don't really have an issue with a pension as that is something you receive for working. SSDI is given to you using taxpayers' hard earned money; isn't it? I don't think that is right, especially, if you are in jail and if you can legitimately work at some type of job for a living.

It appears that he could work and travel and murder. So, I don't see him as being entitled to a disability check every month.

Didn't I also read that Mark was paying for his trips and transportation and other things, so much so that Teresa argued with him about this issue? CWW was gaming the system. If he is still receiving checks, he (and now his wife) are still gaming the system and taxpayers.

I am a strong believer in a "hand up" not a "hand out." I was a single parent and worked very hard to achieve what I have. I do, however, have several in my own family who have no problem whatsoever taking advantage of anyone that they can.

snipped... this could very well be the reason that she is staying married to him.
Can I Keep My Disability Benefits If I Go To Jail?

Again, not sure, but CWW might not get an actual conviction until after this trial. It might be written into the plea deal. The link you posted supports the idea that CWW might still be receiving Disability and maybe AW is benefitting by staying married to him for now.

In order for your benefits to be suspended you must be in prison for 30 days after your conviction. If you have not been convicted yet and are serving time in jail, then your benefits will continue until you have been convicted and serving time for 30 days.

Well, time for me to go food shopping.

SBM/BBM

I missed that piece--I knew that Mark called the Doctor the morning of the killing when Dr. Seviers didn't show up for work, but what were the conversations regarding the night before? When I heard the voicemail from the day of the killing, he did say that if Dr. P couldn't stop by the house that he would call his mother which answered a question in my mind of why he didn't call his mother, but didn't answer why he wouldn't have reached out to her first. Very odd. What were the previous voicemails about?

I apologize if my phrasing was a bit off. Dr. P. received 1 voicemail from Mark 1 or 2 days prior to June 28.....indicating he hoped Dr. P. was doing okay, letting him know when Teresa was returning and that he and kids returning on Wed night. It was odd to Dr. P. in that they (Dr. P. and MS) were not that good of friends to receive that kind of voicemail. It was odd to Dr. P.

Dr. P. got the 2nd voicemail when he was in post office June 29 when Mark requested welfare check on his wife, then Dr. P. called Mark before entering their house. Dr. P. later that morning called MS to let him know to come home but did not let him know his wife had died.

I hope I have explained this accurately. It was just interesting phone conversation as relayed by Dr. P. Mark's response to wife had been hurt, then asking if a burglary occurred. I hope jury made oddity that I did.

Dr. P's testimony was definitely credible and important. Turns out, Dr. P's testimony carries a lot of weight in this trial. He made it clear that he wasn't a close friend of Mark's. I don't think he liked Mark much. (Mark might have been more chummy with Dr. P's wife, but he didn't call the wife.) The doctor said he didn't do any "guy things" with Mark. They didn't call each other like that or pop over to each other's houses. So how weird is it that Mark just happens to call Dr. P those particular times?

VERY WEIRD!

IMO, Mark knew the night before that he was going to set Dr. P up to be the one to find a dead Teresa.

snipped...
Last night's Dateline was about...…….. the person who was finally convicted is in prison and still receiving a 72K a year pension!

I watched that too. She still got her LE pension of $72,000. I can't remember her sentence though.

Tonight 48 hrs. is covering the Kelsey Berreth case.

I apologize if my phrasing was a bit off. Dr. P. received 1 voicemail from Mark 1 or 2 days prior to June 28.....indicating he hoped Dr. P. was doing okay, letting him know when Teresa was returning and that he and kids returning on Wed night. It was odd to Dr. P. in that they (Dr. P. and MS) were not that good of friends to receive that kind of voicemail. It was odd to Dr. P.

Dr. P. got the 2nd voicemail when he was in post office June 29 when Mark requested welfare check on his wife, then Dr. P. called Mark before entering their house. Dr. P. later that morning called MS to let him know to come home but did not let him know his wife had died.

I hope I have explained this accurately. It was just interesting phone conversation as relayed by Dr. P. Mark's response to wife had been hurt, then asking if a burglary occurred. I hope jury made oddity that I did.
Thank you very much Katharine. Your original post was very clear--I just didn't know the information that you have so nicely shared with me. That is truly bizarre that Mark called him with that kind of a message --its not like Dr. P shared a practice with Dr Seviers and would need to know that kind of information. Thank you again.

That's what I thought that I read; namely, that Teresa couldn't stand CWW. I mean, who wouldn't find it absolutely creepy that two grown men work very hard to look like identical twins? Wouldn't you wonder why they were doing so? I can see them doing that in high school; however, I would think that they would have outgrown it once they matured.

I don't know, but I would have asked my husband why his friend and he looked like twins and if they planned on exchanging identities.. Something was up with that. Maybe, it was part of Mark's warped plan to get Teresa attracted to CWW and to have a threesome with the "two twins."

Also, I find it quite strange that AW remains married to her admitted murderer. What is up with that? What do her kids think? I think that any normal woman would think that if he could commit murder of his friend's wife with a hammer, he could do it again to her, at any given point and time. I personally would have divorced him as soon as I discovered he was one of the murderers. Then, again, I would never have dated or married him!

Is AW that desperate for a man? I mean, this is a guy who says that he has five previous felony convictions. Now, he has a murder rap. It's not like he has any money, either. This woman has children and grandchildren to consider.

I also don't know what is going on with Taylor S; however, I hope that she was or is able to get JRR to sign away any claim to their child. I commend her for going to the police and telling them what she knew. This young lady may not have made the best decisions throughout her life; however, she apparently has some ethics and morals. That's more than I can say for AW who lied for her husband and continues to stay married to him.

I also wanted to add that just because LE is helping TS with some living expenses doesn't make her any less credible. She was very helpful to police. She is young and probably has never been involved in anything of this magnitude. I can tell you that I myself would probably be in a state of shock talking to police if I personally was dating a suspected murderer and had a baby with him. I would be scared for my life, thinking that I would be the next to go.

I guess that I have rambled enough for one post. :) All of the above is my opinion, of course.
Good evening SYNERGYBUNNY, I was going to add "snipped for brevity" or "snipped for focus" but just couldn't bear to remove even one word of your thoughtful post!! You did not ramble at all. You write beautifully and with a lot of heart. There was no anger or judgment in your words...just great questions based on your life experiences and vantage points. I can hardly wait to read your next post. IQ.

Quoting from above "I don't really have an issue with a pension as that is something you receive for working. SSDI is given to you using taxpayers' hard earned money; isn't it? I don't think that is right, especially, if you are in jail and if you can legitimately work at some type of job for a living." Everyone pays into social security themselves through their own hard work. It is intended to help us when we become old and unable to work or we become sick and unable to work. CWW became disabled and unable to work so he was approved for SSDI with medical approval. This is an important safety net that our country has, but I agree with you that I don't think that he should be collecting that while he is in jail.

It is so repulsive that CWW likes to say that he killed Teresa because "Mark asked him to"--as if he is trying to present himself as motivated by loyalty or "protecting" Mark's children from some bad influence in their life.....Obviously Rodgers was motivated completely by money, but I do think that while cash was an incentive for CWW that there was another warped layer to the whole thing that had to do with jealousy.

Love to hear what you all are thinking. It makes me wonder if it's something a juror might be thinking. We can get lost in the facts and it's possible to think you know a case and become blind to the surprises the defense can pull.

Please, I know it only takes one, so it's easy to worry. However, I don't think there's any juror that can miss the fact that Mark was involved, responsible, and the ring leader of the horrible death of Dr. Sievers. Is there going to be one or two jurors thinking otherwise?

Gee, those voice mail messages to Dr. P are so suspicious. That's just for starters. CWW and JRR knew all the info to conveniently find Teresa arriving home alone from a vacation. CWW and JRR didn't have reason to do what they did without the future payout. They didn't take anything valuable from the house. They were both hard up for money and wouldn't rent a vehicle to go kill Teresa for no reason. Love triangle or jealousy I think it's too much of a stretch.

The Medicare fraud and other things Mark was doing behind the back of the hard working Dr. Sievers should clinch it. I sure hope so.
CURIOUSME per your question, "Love to hear what you all are thinking. It makes me wonder if it's something a juror might be thinking." Here is what I think. I think MM made a horrible mistake and stepped off the edge of cliff he should have avoided! In his attempt to "pigeon hole" CWW on the issue of not taking a lie detector test. His face got all distorted, he started punching the air with his pencil, he was confrontational and started screaming. He was combative and loud....someone actually interrupted and told him to lower his voice. "You haven't taken a polygraph, have you Mr. Wright?! He kept repeating the question....a very ugly moment in my opinion. It was the wrong thing to start yelling about and getting all emotional....he should have used that anger for questioning, "How could you hit an innocent woman with a hammer?!"
Now, all MM has done is bring up the subject of a polygraph test. Of course NOW EVERY JUROR IS ASKING, "Mr. Mummert, did your client Mark Sievers take a polygraph test??? You seem to think one is so important and conclusive, so why not tell us the results of your client's polygraph, too?"
Like I wrote up thread....that was the second big mistake. MM's desire to have an "Ahah moment" unfortunately put the spotlight right back on MS, Cww's mirror image. (I have a lot more thoughts on this case, but I'll break them up so as not to bore y'all.)

Okay, so nobody has asked me why I wrote that was MM's second mistake. His first mistake?"
I could be a wise *advertiser censored* and say, "Taking MS as a client was his first mistake"... but that is not it. His first mistake in my opinion (and this part was very, very important to me) in front of jury that is 75% women was the disrespect an ire he directed towards Kimberly Van Waus. Beginning at 29:04 of this video, when MM misunderstood the amount of her training on blood patterns, he immediately (and snidely IMO) started, "Didn't you swear to tell the truth....blah, blah, blah." I was greatly offended by his aggressive tactic to intimidate an educated, confident, well spoken and beautiful female professional. (He needs to remember this case is about a bald headed man beating an educated, confident, well spoken and beautiful female professional to death!) Even worse, he NEVER EVEN OFFERED AN APOLOGY(!!!), when she calmly told him the transcript of her depo, should have been two separate sentences. Of course she was the ultimate professional and calm on the stand.... I am probably close in age to the majority of the jurors. MM, at that moment IMO, came across as a bully to many of the jurors.

Last post for the night....I promise:)
I believe JRR took money/items from the Jarvis residence. I have never doubted for a minute he has "sticky fingers."
And, MS telling police he didn't see anything missing was a lie, IMO. Why in the world would MS risk identifying an object that would/could later be found in JRR's possession? If MS had reported 20 gold 1980 Krugerrands coins were taken from the house, LE would/could have issued alerts on the specific items. I don't think MS would risk anything being tracked back to Cww or Jrr.
As for the large amount of cash in the safes, unpaid income taxes, financial problems etc. might have been the beginning of "spousal starving" as a way to punish TS for wanting to leave their marriage.
ref: "Some databases, such as the Law Enforcement Automated Database Search Online (LeadsOnline), stretch further than the boundaries of a single state or county and centralize the data reported."
***All "burner phone" activity ended how long after TS's funeral?

The answer could be is jr didn’t actually kill her. The plan went awry when cww kicked the dog bowl and cww is the only one that struck her and got blood on him.
But does it matter, legally, which one swung the hammer?

If they both broke into the house, with plans to rob the home, then if someone dies in commission of that crime, they are both held responsible for the murder. JMO

snipped... Here is what I think. I think MM made a horrible mistake and stepped off the edge of cliff he should have avoided! In his attempt to "pigeon hole" CWW on the issue of not taking a lie detector test. His face got all distorted, he started punching the air with his pencil, he was confrontational and started screaming. He was combative and loud....someone actually interrupted and told him to lower his voice. "You haven't taken a polygraph, have you Mr. Wright?! He kept repeating the question....a very ugly moment in my opinion. It was the wrong thing to start yelling about and getting all emotional...

Thank You for sharing your astute impressions. I trust what you say a great deal. You're paying attention and know this case. I always enjoy your posts because you have such flair in your writing style.

I went back and watched a video of CWW's second day testifying and Mr. Mummert, Mark's attorney, making that big deal about CWW not taking a polygraph. That was an example of ineffective communication on Mr. Mummert's part. I think his questioning went no where in most instances, but that polygraph part was a really big fail. I actually think CWW should've taken a poly, but the way Mr. Mummert went about making his point was silly.

Oh, you're right again about what a big bully he was to Lt. Van Waus. He was so combative trying to make senseless points. I agree, the women jurors most likely didn't like watching that exchange. She came off as very professional, and she was so patient with him. Some attorneys can pull that off, but he did not. Well, that's fine with me. He's Mark's attorney and I have no problem if the Jurors find Mark guilty.

SBM/BBM Good Night for now.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam