GUILTY UT - Angelina Costello, 3, beaten to death, Ogden, 6 July 2017 *Arrests*

Can someone please post a picture of Angelina? I can only find pics of the evil parents. Tyia

Featured in the motion by prosecutors was detailed allegations that Fitzwater reportedly tried to bribe other inmates at the Weber County Jail to tell police that Aiken admitted to being the shooter.

On Feb. 6, members of the Ogden Police Department interviewed Miller Costello, who told police that he had been talking to Aiken, who, according to Costello, admitted that he was the shooter who killed Racine.

“Mr. Costello stated that the driver (Aiken) told him that he had been scoping out the victim and that Defendant had nothing to do with the murder,” the prosecutor’s motion says.

Costello and his wife, Brenda Emile, are facing possible death sentencesand awaiting trial for allegedly abusing their 3-year-old daughter to death in 2017.

A day after interviewing Costello, OPD investigators interviewed Colton Shepard, who allegedly told police a similar story. Shepard said he had overheard Aiken tell his cellmate that he had shot “the homeless guy because he thought the victim had been reaching for something,” according to the motion.

New charges filed after Ogden murder suspect allegedly tried to bribe other jail inmates

Now he's publicly known as a snitch.
That's going to go nicely with being a baby killer. :eek:

Nothing on the docket for either of these specimens.

Attorneys for Ogden man charged with capital murder want to question potential jurors on 'blood atonement'

OGDEN — Attorneys for an Ogden man facing a capital murder charge want to question potential jurors on whether they believe in the controversial theory of “blood atonement.”

Counsel for Miller Costello, 27, filed a motion Thursday in the hopes they would be allowed to question each potential juror to see if they believe in an-eye-for-an-eye mentality. If the juror would answer yes, defense attorneys would seek to remove the potential juror.
[.....]
He goes on to argue that those who believe in blood atonement “will rely upon the state to provide complete forgiveness” by executing a convicted killer.
[.....]
The motion filed Thursday is surely just the beginning of motions that will be filed by defense attorneys for both Costello and Emile. Attorneys for the two will have until January 2020 to file motions in the case.

The trial for both Costello and Emile is slated to begin on Aug. 3, 2020, and continue until Oct. 1, 2020, in Ogden’s 2nd District Court. Their next court appearance is scheduled for a disposition hearing Thursday [11/14].
[i/]

Thursday, November 14th:
*Disposition Hearing for both (@ am MT) - UT - Angelina Costello (3) (July 6, 2017, Ogden) (Starved, burned & beaten to death; weighed 13 lbs.) – *Miller Eric Costello (25) & *Brenda “Ericka” Emile (22) accused of aggravated 1st degree murder. Both plead not guilty; no bail. DA will seek DP.
Trial set to begin on 8/3/20 and go to 10/1/20.
7/20/18 Update: Next hearing is 8/13. 8/8/18 Update: Funds authorized for defense. 12/6/18 Update: Had Pretrial hearing. Next hearing is 3/14/19. Trial set for August 3, 2020.
11/7/19 Update: Attorneys for Costello facing a capital murder charge want to question potential jurors on whether they believe in the controversial theory of “blood atonement.” Filed a motion Thursday (11/7/19) in the hopes they would be allowed to question each potential juror to see if they believe in an-eye-for-an-eye mentality. If the juror would answer yes, defense attorneys would seek to remove the potential juror. Attorneys for the two will have until January 2020 to file motions in the case. Disposition hearing on 11/14.

@MsFacetious - Happy Sunday! Is there any new court dates for these two @*$#&% ??

TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-014.gif

@MsFacetious - Happy Sunday! Is there any new court dates for these two @*$#&% ??

TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-014.gif
Waiting too... This case is one of the worst I’ve read about. Makes me sooo upset and hurts my heart to think people are capable of this. All I can do is pray for the children that are the ones suffering because of it. I hope these two animals get what they deserve. RIP lil sweetheart

Oops - too late edit the above post - just got another google alert that I could read - and it is NOT an article about Miller Costello - he's just mentioned at the bottom...:rolleyes:

Sorry! :(

@MsFacetious - bumping up for you! :) Any new court dates? TIA! and Happy New Year!
animated-smileys-new-years-eve-079.gif.pagespeed.ce.1fUzxuxIkO.gif

and bumping up for @MsFacetious - hopefully you are not too busy to look up this case for me. Last hearing I have for them both was 11/14/19.

TIA! :)

Attorneys for Ogden man facing possible death sentence want to question jurors on death penalty costs

February 11, 2020
OGDEN — Attorneys for an Ogden man facing the potential of capital punishment want to instruct potential jurors on the financial costs associated with sentencing someone to death.

In a motion filed last month, attorneys for Miller Costello, 27, want to tell prospective jurors about the cost to taxpayers between sentencing someone to die versus giving them life in prison without parole. This information would be included during voir dire, or the jury selection process.
[.....]
Costello’s next court date is set for Feb. 28 in Ogden’s 2nd District Court. Both Costello and Emile will go to trial starting in August. The two are being held without bail at the Weber County Jail.

@MsFacetious - could you possibly look up Emile & see if she also is going to be in court on 2/28?

TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-002.gif

Friday, February 28th:
*Pretrial Hearing (for Costello) (@ am MT) - UT - Angelina Costello (3) (July 6, 2017, Ogden) (Starved, burned & beaten to death; weighed 13 lbs.) – *Miller Eric Costello (25/now 27) & *Brenda “Ericka” Emile (22/now 24) accused of aggravated 1st degree murder. Both plead not guilty; no bail. DA will seek DP. Trial was set to begin on 8/3/20 and go to 10/1/20 has been cancelled. Trial to begin in January 2021.
7/20/18 Update: Next hearing is 8/13. 8/8/18 Update: Funds authorized for defense. 12/6/18 Update: Had Pretrial hearing. Next hearing is 3/14/19. Trial set for August 3, 2020.
11/7/19 Update: Attorneys for Costello facing a capital murder charge want to question potential jurors on whether they believe in the controversial theory of “blood atonement.” Filed a motion Thursday (11/7/19) in the hopes they would be allowed to question each potential juror to see if they believe in an-eye-for-an-eye mentality. If the juror would answer yes, defense attorneys would seek to remove the potential juror. Attorneys for the two will have until January 2020 to file motions in the case. Disposition hearing on 11/14.
11/14/19 Update: Next court hearing for Costello is 2/28/20. No update for Emile as of 2/12/20. Motion filed last month (January, 2020), attorneys for Costello want to tell prospective jurors about the cost to taxpayers between sentencing someone to die versus giving them life in prison without parole. This information would be included during voir dire, or the jury selection process.

@MsFacetious - might be a bit early to ask for next court date - but asking anyway! :D
I need Emile's - last was 2/12.

TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-003.gif

Can't access this article, not even in Outline:

Costello attorneys want to take death penalty off the table, argue it's a 'cruel and unusual' punishment

all I can see is:

Costello attorneys want to take death penalty off the table, argue it's a 'cruel and unusual' punishment
Standard-Examiner
Costello and Brenda Emile have been charged with aggravated murder in the death of their 3-year-old daughter. SARAH WELLIVER, Standard- ...

If someone could give a 10% synopsis on this - it would be appreciated. And if there is another court date too! TIA! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back