Found Deceased TX - Lauren Elizabeth Thompson, 32, Panola County, 10 Jan 2019 *called 911, car found in a ditch*

So, interesting things from that Missing in East Texas article:
1. Even if LE thinks Eqqusearch would be using the same techniques, why not let them try? Why not let community groups search?
2. A witness died between now and then? How?
3. If one of the witnesses is related to a detective, isn't that conflict of interest, or at least a potential conflict of interest?
4. What were the results of the polygraphs?

So, interesting things from that Missing in East Texas article:
1. Even if LE thinks Eqqusearch would be using the same techniques, why not let them try? Why not let community groups search?
2. A witness died between now and then? How?
3. If one of the witnesses is related to a detective, isn't that conflict of interest, or at least a potential conflict of interest?
4. What were the results of the polygraphs?

1. The property owners where her vehicle was found do not want people other than law enforcement on their property.
2. He had cancer.
3. There is no credible evidence that the person that is said to be at the scene was there. This is rumor and he is not one of the three at the scene.
4. Not released. Ongoing investigation. Texas Rangers and FBI are all involved.

Basic questions

1) Where was Lauren currently living?
2) Did Lauren live alone? Did her children live with her?
3) Was Lauren employed?
I’m guessing she was since she had a vehicle, obviously lived somewhere and has children to support.
4) If so, where was Lauren employed? What were her scheduled days/hours?
4) She stated she was unfamiliar with area she was in, what was she doing out there? Driving to escape someone chasing her yet she had not observed anyone?
5) What were her actions previously that day? Drop kids off at school? Go to work? Visit friends?
6) What was her usual day like? Places she frequented or liked to go?

Basic questions

1) Where was Lauren currently living?
2) Did Lauren live alone? Did her children live with her?
3) Was Lauren employed?
I’m guessing she was since she had a vehicle, obviously lived somewhere and has children to support.
4) If so, where was Lauren employed? What were her scheduled days/hours?
4) She stated she was unfamiliar with area she was in, what was she doing out there? Driving to escape someone chasing her yet she had not observed anyone?
5) What were her actions previously that day? Drop kids off at school? Go to work? Visit friends?
6) What was her usual day like? Places she frequented or liked to go?
The only question that I can answer based on Webslueths terms is #4. She had been with 3 other people that day. A male was in the car with her. Two females followed in another car, and the car following did make contact with Lauren's vehicle. The Sheriff acknowledged this in an interview. As for a phone pinging in Harrison County, that is hearsay; however, the Panola County/Harrison County line is only about 5 miles from where her vehicle was found.

The only question that I can answer based on Webslueths terms is #4. She had been with 3 other people that day. A male was in the car with her. Two females followed in another car, and the car following did make contact with Lauren's vehicle. The Sheriff acknowledged this in an interview. As for a phone pinging in Harrison County, that is hearsay; however, the Panola County/Harrison County line is only about 5 miles from where her vehicle was found.
That’s interesting. Guessing one of the 3 persons lived in the area and they were going to that person’s place or had just left. Or were the two females the ones Lauren thought was chasing her?
The other car made contact - but left? I don’t remember anything about another car at the scene.
And one of these persons is now deceased?

That’s interesting. Guessing one of the 3 persons lived in the area and they were going to that person’s place or had just left. Or were the two females the ones Lauren thought was chasing her?
The other car made contact - but left? I don’t remember anything about another car at the scene.
And one of these persons is now deceased?
The other car got stuck in the mud, a tractor had to pull them out, the police arrived.

1. The property owners where her vehicle was found do not want people other than law enforcement on their property.
2. He had cancer.
3. There is no credible evidence that the person that is said to be at the scene was there. This is rumor and he is not one of the three at the scene.
4. Not released. Ongoing investigation. Texas Rangers and FBI are all involved.
FBI pulled out of Lauren's Case. I wonder why that happened. I think that Panola County Sheriffs and Texas Rangers might be the only ones who are still on the case.

Somebody knows what happened to Lauren.
I think in MOO several people if not more know but remain silent.
I would hope new eyes and seasoned cold case investigators could solve this. Maybe it's time to grease some wheels.

If you have any information that could help the investigation, please contact the Panola County Sheriff’s Office at 903-693-0333.

Five days and they still haven't found her, how far could she have traveled? The worrisome part is that she thought she was being followed. What doesn't make sense is that if she thought someone was following her, why turn off on a desolate road? I think Lauren is from that area and would be familiar with the gas/oil roads and that they lead to nowhere, so to speak?

They said she sounded confused. Do we know where she was coming from that night? Where had she been and what was she doing that night?

Editing my post after finding the time of the call. It was still daylight when she called 911. My question stands, where was Lauren prior to 2:30 pm on Thursday? Odd that we haven't heard those details in the media.

I completely agree - the police need to come forward with witness accounts of where she was around lunchtime if not before. I'd also like to know why she was in sweats and a hoodie on a Thursday afternoon? What took her to that location in the first place? I've seen that most cold cases stay cold because they give the public nothing to go on. The police have dropped the ball on this one and most of them do because of their lack of communication or for shady reasons. The person that was with her who went "fishing" - did he normally fish? The NBC report is non-sensical - did the friend try to get the car out and then go fishing? Who did he call during this time frame? I want to shout "Wake up people!

Somebody knows what happened to Lauren.
I think in MOO several people if not more know but remain silent.
I would hope new eyes and seasoned cold case investigators could solve this. Maybe it's time to grease some wheels.

I've seen some documentation that Lauren's Mom is putting out letters to Congress and federal agencies about the ineptitude of this investigation... including that a bloody blanket was found and the sheriff in charge had not collected it because he was going on vacation. In addition, search dogs were used but were never given any item of Lauren's to use before the search (Are you serious?!). Lauren, on the 911 tape, said she was sinking in mud, but the recovered shoe had no mud on it. What can this poor family do next? Contact FOIA for the 911 call? Is there an investigative reporter who can help?

FBI pulled out of Lauren's Case. I wonder why that happened. I think that Panola County Sheriffs and Texas Rangers might be the only ones who are still on the case.
It could be political and have to do with weapons. Perhaps one gov party is responsible for shooting her and the other has to look the other way. The political fallout is too big. There are a lot of weapons around there.

Last edited:
Five days and they still haven't found her, how far could she have traveled? The worrisome part is that she thought she was being followed. What doesn't make sense is that if she thought someone was following her, why turn off on a desolate road? I think Lauren is from that area and would be familiar with the gas/oil roads and that they lead to nowhere, so to speak?

They said she sounded confused. Do we know where she was coming from that night? Where had she been and what was she doing that night?

Editing my post after finding the time of the call. It was still daylight when she called 911. My question stands, where was Lauren prior to 2:30 pm on Thursday? Odd that we haven't heard those details in the media.

All of the information that I am referring to has been released in the media:

Lauren was in a vehicle with a male. Two females were following her in a vehicle. The female in the vehicle made contact with Lauren's car causing her to go in to a ditch. There were witnesses who saw Lauren's vehicle and the three people at the scene. Lauren had been hanging out with these people that day.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back