MI MI - Adrienne Quintal, 47, called for help, foul play possible, Honor, Benzie Co., 17 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because she actually believed that she was being attacked and was in mortal danger?
Maybe! But if so, she was also creating literal holes in the place that was protecting her. Of course it’s not outside the realm of possibility but why wouldn’t she be more conservative with her shots? IMO Shooting randomly and frequently only alerts others to your location within the premises. Of course the whole situation is just so tangled.

The family friend relayed to authorities, according to AQ’s sister, that Adrienne was “frantic.” IMO it would be easy to throw someone off by using a frantic tone. If I received a call from the number of someone I care about and they were frantic and panicked I wouldn’t question if it were them. A 4+ minute phone call complete with gunshots and chaos, a misremembered address (I believe she would have needed to know her local address to adopt that dog in Benzie) sounds a little like a setup to me. MOO.
I dont' think I would mistake a complete stranger for someone I know well if we talked for that long. She tried to call two different people before the friend. She mustn't have been as frantic at the beginning of the call, when she only reported hearing noises outside, otherwise she would have called 911 herself. Things escalated after that.

Maybe! But if so, she was also creating literal holes in the place that was protecting her. Of course it’s not outside the realm of possibility but why wouldn’t she be more conservative with her shots? IMO Shooting randomly and frequently only alerts others to your location within the premises. Of course the whole situation is just so tangled.
She left the cabin lights on, so she wouldn't be difficult to spot from outside, unless she took cover. She believed she shot someone in the face. To her it wasn't random. It's obvious that she panicked.

MOO I’m struggling with the idea that AQ made that phone call at all. IMO the call happened but it wasn’t AQ on the other end. That would explain the mistaken address, the weird, semi-unbelievable late night walk with her dog, the random bullet holes, the gun left behind and AQ being nowhere in sight. IMO if she was scared enough to be shooting up her cabin she would have called 911. But 911 records their calls. This was an intelligent woman from an area where, for lack of better terms, she had to be street smart. IMO she didn’t go missing in the middle of the night, when it would have been dark and difficult to navigate literally anything. IMO she let her guard down and trusted the wrong people and was already gone well before the date of her “disappearance.” Again, MOO.
Well, a neighbor spoke to her just a day earlier, so the theory that Lundy killed her before he left is a non-starter. IMO the phone call and lack of evidence of an attack are key in this case.

Him disappearing for days after she is reported missing is very telling. First this woman gets beat up badly being around him and most women in their 40s aren't out getting into fist fights so I would guess there was an element that was brought on by this man. Then she comes up missing days after this man has booked it back to the condo to 'drop off supplies'. Something definitely fishy there. He was the last one to see her alive.
BBM. If I understood Adrienne's sister correctly, he showed up at the cabin only a few days later (she also said that she gave him an earful over the phone). I'm not sure if he disappeared, as he must have talked to the police at some point, probably before that. He wasn't the last person to see Adrienne alive; according to reports, her neighbor spoke to her when she was walking her dog a day before she went missing.

If she was forced to make the call, her friend on the other end of the line would have noticed it, since it was a long call. She told the friend to call the police. The wrong address is a red herring, IMO.
How would the friend know? Ade was hysterical, so she wasn't acting normally. I don't see how the friend could possibly detect that. I'm sure if you had a gun pointed at your head, you could give a pretty effective performance. None of this is recorded, the very reason she didn't call 911 herself IMO.

Is there a source for her fear of returning downstate? Because if so that’s pretty big!

It was mentioned in a media report. I read that a week or two back so I wouldn't even know how to find it again. But thinking logically about it, the info would have come from Lundy, so the only people privy to that would have been the sheriff or the sister. It would have been in an interview with one of them.

Last edited:
How would the friend know? Ade was hysterical, so she wasn't acting normally. I don't see how the friend could possibly detect that. I'm sure if you had a gun pointed at your head, you could give a pretty effective performance. None of this is recorded, the very reason she didn't call 911 herself IMO.
The friend would know. According to Ada's sister, the call did not start as hysterical. If she had a gun pointed to her head, she would not have told her friend to call the police. She also put her phone down a few times while she was shooting.

I have questions about the dog too. Even though we know "mixed breed", do we know what type? Small or large? Just trying to figure out why the dog didn't go out on the roof with her. And either run away or be stuck up there. Mine slips out any opening she can!

Why did she adopt a dog from there and not down state? Why had she been up there just 10 days prior, when she adopted the dog?

Why did she adopt a dog at all?
You are answering your own questions lol. The dog didn't follow her because it likely hadn't developed a strong bond yet. It was a new dog, just hadn't gotten a sense for the home yet, plus it was probably scared stiff with all the gunfire.

According to the sister, it was a mid sized mixed breed.

As for why she adopted it? Thats a good question. The cabin isn't a permanent residence, and she was selling the condo. Not sure what her plans were but I'm guessing she was thinking of moving in with Lundy?

In these days of smart phones and social media, if I had to contact a family member or close friend in a hurry (i.e. an emergency) I would use Facetime/Duo etc.. to make a (preferably visual) connection.
I understand that location/signal availability, data plan, personal preference etc.. all play a part in what method one uses to make contact but it would raise a red flag if every previous contact AQ initiated with her close friend was not via a phone call but this one was.

The friend would know. According to Ada's sister, the call did not start as hysterical. If she had a gun pointed to her head, she would not have told her friend to call the police. She also put her phone down a few times while she was shooting.
Yes, but she was freaked out when she called. The friend was likely groggy and shaken from being woken in the middle of the night. And Seriously, the friend is listening to her blast away from inside the cabin, yet it isn't time to call 911? I get that being spooked isn't a reason to call 911, but if it to the point where you have to fire a gun through your windows, its time to call. Not sure why AQ left it to the friend either? The 911 dispatch is in a different town. If AQ had called they would have calmed her and stayed on the line with her until they showed up. There lies the problem, I don't think it was in the plan for anyone to be there when LE showed up. Who's plan that was is the big question.

BBM. If I understood Adrienne's sister correctly, he showed up at the cabin only a few days later (she also said that she gave him an earful over the phone). I'm not sure if he disappeared, as he must have talked to the police at some point, probably before that. He wasn't the last person to see Adrienne alive; according to reports, her neighbor spoke to her when she was walking her dog a day before she went missing.
Ok. Didn't know the neighbor saw her. Good to know. Then that veers me back to my first theory. And, I'm sorry, if my SO went missing, no family member of his could scare me off of searching those woods all night. But at least he wasn't the last to see her.

In these days of smart phones and social media, if I had to contact a family member or close friend in a hurry (i.e. an emergency) I would use Facetime/Duo etc.. to make a (preferably visual) connection.
I understand that location/signal availability, data plan, personal preference etc.. all play a part in what method one uses to make contact but it would raise a red flag if every previous contact AQ initiated with her close friend was not via a phone call but this one was.
There are many thing here that go beyond common sense. Did AQ see a car out front? Did she see anybody? If not, how did she know there were two of them? Why didn't she call 911 herself? Why did she give the wrong address when she was reading it off a piece of mail? Why did she call the friend and not her BF or sister? I could go on, but you get the picture. The phone call, the gunshots, the stuff on the roof, it all appears to be a charade in my opinion. So put that stuff out of your mind and ask yourself what is the most likely thing that happened?

I wonder when was the last time someone actually stayed in that cabin before AQ and Lundy went out there to close it up?
Was the uncle actively living there in the summer? Had it been sitting for a while?

Two things that really stand out to me are the fact that she saw something out there walking the dog that she thought could be a big animal like a big cat and the fact that she shot into the rafters of the house and her things were found on the roof. Sounds like she thought something was going on overhead?

Ok. Didn't know the neighbor saw her. Good to know. Then that veers me back to my first theory. And, I'm sorry, if my SO went missing, no family member of his could scare me off of searching those woods all night. But at least he wasn't the last to see her.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. For one, the neighbour could have been mistaken about the day she saw her. I've seen that happen a lot. And there is nothing to say that the BF did not come back that night.

Exactly. Turn out the lights, sit in a corner with your gun fixed on the door. Then dial 911 and wait it out.

Maybe Lundy left his phone back in his hometown, drove back up to cabin and was behind her disappearance. Used her phone to text his number, that would place his phone at home/in his mind placing him at home.
Maybe the altercation earlier in the summer was a jealous ex gf. Maybe she was in on this as well. Her voice? Maybe they disposed of AQ earlier in the day. Lundy and X made calls from AQ phone to place AQ at cabin but bought them time to flee the scene.
This Lundy seems like a real prize.

I wonder when was the last time someone actually stayed in that cabin before AQ and Lundy went out there to close it up?
Was the uncle actively living there in the summer? Had it been sitting for a while?

Two things that really stand out to me are the fact that she saw something out there walking the dog that she thought could be a big animal like a big cat and the fact that she shot into the rafters of the house and her things were found on the roof. Sounds like she thought something was going on overhead?
Oh yes I hadn’t even thought of this. How long was the cabin vacant for? Could someone else unknown to AQ and the family have been using it for purposes other than dwelling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling