Mark Sievers Trial General Discussion Thread

@beach - could you "tag" me when you open up the trial thread, please? TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-003.gif

There's an NBC2 report with the RHH doctor's assistant in which they reveal text messages sent between the doctor's assistant and MS the morning of June 29th. She was assumedly the first to try to contact Dr Teresa that morning when she failed to show up for work and was unable to get through. As heard on the witness stand, she was the one who alerted MS. It's unconfirmed and unknown whether she knew that MS was still interstate at his mother-in-law's. In her testimony, she says that she tried to reach him through a phone call and was eventually in contact with him "via text message". In the text messages quoted by NBC2, she'd offered to drive to the Sievers residence and check on Teresa herself but recieved a blunt, one word reply from MS: "No". This was half an hour after her first message to MS when she received a reply saying that he was unable to contact her as well. This was found in phone records sourced by NBC2 reporters and covered in the following segment from their report (linked below).

Were the prosecution completely unaware of this? Surely they would have seen the text message communication between the doctor's assistant and MS. Why then was this not addressed in court? Does it not suggest that MS had intended for Dr P to find Teresa's body, especially in the light of Dr P's testimony in which he describes an unusual voicemail from MS the night of the 28th? And considering this is a defence case, MS is supposed to have only learned of his wife's absence when he was contacted by the doctor's assistant. Therefore, the call to Dr P could have only been placed after he received the text messages from the doctor's assistant. Why would he turn down her offer to go check on Teresa (without explaining why) but then contact Dr P and ask him to go out of his way before work to check on his wife?

Did the prosecution ignore this during examination because it may only be speculation?

And what of MS' message "to his kids"? Was this a text message sent to the children or a social media post? He was with them, wasn't he? Will we see this brought up somehow in the trial? When was MS told that Teresa was dead and how does this compare to the timing of this statement he made? He's quoted as having written: "Mommy died & is no longer with us in the physical... always w us in spirit. We can live our lives the best that we can honouring Mommy." (That last line chills me to the bone. The acceptance is so quick! The same day as her brutalised body is discovered! I assume he knows that the circumstances are suspicious and suggest a homicide.) This quote was found in the same YouTube video linked above which was a segment in the report covering the case on NBC2.

Last edited:
Was Mrs. P the "Michelle" that MS wrote about in his sex journal?

(And can I just wonder out loud here why he tracked *that* stuff, interspersed with daily info about meetings, to-do lists, appointments for the girls, etc... all in the same app? It's so disturbing to shift frame of mind from one thing to another when reading it. Ugh.)

I'm referring to the same batch of discovery that had TS supposedly interested in CWW, and the same batch where MS noted "Wayne assist" during one of his oh-so-important sex updates. I'm sorry I don't have the batch numbers available right now.

I'd be very interested to see where you found this information/suggestion that MS had a sex journal. Do you have a link for this, please? I'm very intrigued by this! In the meantime, I'll do some searches myself but I'd love to see what you might have uncovered here!

I'm wondering the same - was Mrs P the same "Michelle" that you say was mentioned in these journals? If so, it would unfortunately and potentially poke holes in Dr P's testimony and depositions if he failed to mention that they were also swinging couples with the Sievers. While it'd be incredibly embarrassing to admit this in court and seemingly not even related to the case, it would suggest that Dr P and MS had more than just an acquaintance type of relationship - that they were essentially 'wife-swapping'. Or does he have no idea that "Michelle" from MS' journals could in fact be his wife, and was he completely unaware that she may have been having a sexual affair with MS?

It concerns me that MS told CWW that his wife was "having an affair". They were swingers. I understand that it's probably considered cheating if one fails to notify their partner of another sexual relationship outside the boundaries of their agreement: without the knowledge of the other, but it's been suggested that the Sievers' relationship may have been open sexually to other people. An "affair" surely couldn't have shocked MS that much. And by the sounds of things, there's evidence to suggest he was having multiple sexual encounters with people besides his wife.

The suggestion that MS and CWW enjoyed sharing partners or even sexual contact with each other makes me giggle every time I see his defence attorney. It really seems to me that MS has a thing for bald, overweight guys in glasses.

You've read my mind Bobbywoo! Many of us have said things that we think our partner wants to hear; not lying, but role playing in the moment. He could *technically* be honest in testifying she said that, but taken out of context. "Yeah, I kind of have a crush on cww, but only if he were the last man on earth and I was near-death starving and he was bbq'd well-done with extra sauce..."
FELICITYLEMON...Your last 3 posts are not only brutally honest, intelligent and common sense, highlighting just how bizarre this case has been and continues to confound daily. After reading @beach & @Scalex last posts, adding more entangled conflicts. There has been more discussion (from the defense) on what to leave out, than what to include on this case. I think the defense must use a "story board" in their closing argument in order to bring all these pieces of the puzzle together and make a completed picture. This way the jurors only have to connect 7 steps, in sequential order. (Even if the evidence was presented in awkward segments.) The prosecutor's case needs to get lean and close strong:
1) Marriage soured, financial problems, infidelity
2) Husband hires hitman
3) Husband purchases burner phones & communicates with hitman
4) Husband creates alibi by being out of town
5) Husband gave alarm code to hitman
6) Hitman is caught on video, leaves electronic and cellular trail
7) Hitman is arrested and cuts deal with the State

If I recall correctly, MS met with Michele at the beach because she was considering leaving law school, and he talked her out of it...said she had to continue.

And weirdly enough, MS is said to have written in his journal that he was considering going to law school. He wrote that he and Teresa were at odds about his unemployment and the way he wasn't contributing financially at all to their family.

Mark Sievers' journal entries detail ups, downs of marriage before Teresa Sievers killing

This and other news articles are the only sources I was able to find in relation to the "journal app" posts. Supposedly the content was released along with the phone records made public but so far, I've been unable to find them (on Google, Google Drive and here in case-related WebSleuths forums).

The article also claims that MS was upset about the diminished sexual intimacy in his marriage, desired sex "daily" and logged each sexual encounter with his wife in his calendar.

Naples News reports that in a journal entry on his phone, MS detailed a conversation between himself and Teresa where they admitted that the attraction in their relationship was fading.

Interestingly, MS wrote in this journal that he realised that separation was a possibility and expressed the desire to be granted sole custody of their children, allowing Teresa nothing more than "visitation" rights.

Their relationship was said to have been rife with infidelity. Allegedly, both MS and Teresa had other sexual partners. While CWW claims that MS was concerned that Teresa was having an affair, MS was sending steamy text messages to numerous other women.

While I cannot confirm or deny the allegations that Teresa was cheating or whether or not the couple were in an open relationship, it stands to reason that any 'fears' expressed by MS that his wife was cheating was just a lead-up excuse for hiring someone to kill his wife. He knew that he wasn't guaranteed to win sole custody of their daughters if they separated (or divorced) and having her murdered was the only guarantee he could give himself. Or so he thought. (MOO)

I turned into CourtTV last night around 6:30 and they were talking about Mark's note-taking. Vinnie Politan was like, "What is he doing?? Is he doing his work? He looks like he's like, 'I don't have time for this trial. I have work to do!'" (while he was shuffling papers all around) It was so funny. The dark-haired woman with the thin face, olive skin/dark hair, and very white teeth got the giggles and couldn't stop laughing. I was cracking up.

Two jurors raised their hand when judge asked if they had heard or seen anything about the case.

Juror 1 googled to see if jurors needed to go back to work if they get out early for the day. And while on google she saw info posted with JRR’s name. She went to jurors office to report that she saw something the name and closed her computer down immediately.

Juror 2 went to work after jury duty released yesterday. People at work were asking her questions and she felt pressured to be nice and someone said they were following the case. She seems upset that she felt she needed to share.

There's an NBC2 report with the RHH doctor's assistant in which they reveal text messages sent between the doctor's assistant and MS the morning of June 29th. She was assumedly the first to try to contact Dr Teresa that morning when she failed to show up for work and was unable to get through. As heard on the witness stand, she was the one who alerted MS. It's unconfirmed and unknown whether she knew that MS was still interstate at his mother-in-law's. In her testimony, she says that she tried to reach him through a phone call and was eventually in contact with him "via text message". In the text messages quoted by NBC2, she'd offered to drive to the Sievers residence and check on Teresa herself but recieved a blunt, one word reply from MS: "No". This was half an hour after her first message to MS when she received a reply saying that he was unable to contact her as well. This was found in phone records sourced by NBC2 reporters and covered in the following segment from their report (linked below).

Were the prosecution completely unaware of this? Surely they would have seen the text message communication between the doctor's assistant and MS. Why then was this not addressed in court? Does it not suggest that MS had intended for Dr P to find Teresa's body, especially in the light of Dr P's testimony in which he describes an unusual voicemail from MS the night of the 28th? And considering this is a defence case, MS is supposed to have only learned of his wife's absence when he was contacted by the doctor's assistant. Therefore, the call to Dr P could have only been placed after he received the text messages from the doctor's assistant. Why would he turn down her offer to go check on Teresa (without explaining why) but then contact Dr P and ask him to go out of his way before work to check on his wife?

Did the prosecution ignore this during examination because it may only be speculation?

It would have made sense for the State to put Sandra on the stand immediately before MP, in sequence as to how the day actually played out. A natural progression to lead from Sandra's testimony straight into MP's. It's totally disjointed to do otherwise.

The texts are in evidence in Discovery, so couldn't be considered speculation. (Unless I missed something drastic).

No reflection on anyone but the State, but SH's testimony was pointless when it could have been so much more.

I was a little worried about this lady , Myra Simmons, testifying on the burner & cell records as she seemed a little slow getting in & started. But she is nailin’ it!!!
Mark doesn’t have that snarky look on his face! Not happy to see her!

MOO

I'd be very interested to see where you found this information/suggestion that MS had a sex journal. Do you have a link for this, please? I'm very intrigued by this! In the meantime, I'll do some searches myself but I'd love to see what you might have uncovered here!

I'm wondering the same - was Mrs P the same "Michelle" that you say was mentioned in these journals? If so, it would unfortunately and potentially poke holes in Dr P's testimony and depositions if he failed to mention that they were also swinging couples with the Sievers. While it'd be incredibly embarrassing to admit this in court and seemingly not even related to the case, it would suggest that Dr P and MS had more than just an acquaintance type of relationship - that they were essentially 'wife-swapping'. Or does he have no idea that "Michelle" from MS' journals could in fact be his wife, and was he completely unaware that she may have been having a sexual affair with MS?

It concerns me that MS told CWW that his wife was "having an affair". They were swingers. I understand that it's probably considered cheating if one fails to notify their partner of another sexual relationship outside the boundaries of their agreement: without the knowledge of the other, but it's been suggested that the Sievers' relationship may have been open sexually to other people. An "affair" surely couldn't have shocked MS that much. And by the sounds of things, there's evidence to suggest he was having multiple sexual encounters with people besides his wife.

The suggestion that MS and CWW enjoyed sharing partners or even sexual contact with each other makes me giggle every time I see his defence attorney. It really seems to me that MS has a thing for bald, overweight guys in glasses.

I haven't uncovered anything. I've followed this case and this set of threads on WS for the past 4 years. (I was a member under a different username, active in another case, years ago.) Early on this group paid for any discovery that was introduced and made it available to read via Google docs. It's one of those batches of documents I'm referring to. This "sex journal" was part of MS phone calendar.

I'll be back to add the link momentarily....

ETA: link to this batch of docs: Batch 6 - Google Drive

Happy reading.:eek:

Last edited:
I give TS BIG credit for having the character and strength to go to LE. It seems that we see so many instances where the female opts to do the easy thing and stay in a relationship because the murderer is taking care of her.

Go TaySho, go! I don't begrudge her getting financial help from LE. Was there a reward? She certainly provided invaluable information.

If only Dumb or Dumber had decided to go to L.E. at the beginning.
Wore a wire...lead Mark to think they completed the task.
TS would be sitting in this court room happily watching Mark be put away! ...As she went on, lived her best life with her girls.
SMH.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow