Identified! WA - Thurston Co, WhtFem UP57709, 13-19, found in wooded area, May'19 - Danielle Griffith

How long a post mortem interval are we looking at? That would really help me narrow it down. I'm considering she may have been there a long time based on the fact she wasn't found until an excavation. So I took a look at missing women cases from the near Tumwater focusing my search on the north to the city of Tacoma. And I thing I may have found something.

Andria Bailey - MP5814
Original

Andria Bailey disappeared from Spanaway, Washington in either 1978 or 1979. She was last seen walking home from a party and wasn't reported missing until 1989. The decedant is listed as having brown hair, being between 13 and 19 years old, and being between 5'3" and 5'9". Andria had Brown hair, was 15-16 years old, and was 5'5". Spanaway is about a half-an hour drive away from Tumwater. If there's a possibility these remains could be that old then I'd say there's a very good possibility this might be her.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Andria Ann Bailey – The Charley Project
I found this post dated 12/15/18 on the Facebook page Awareness for Missing Unidentified Crime Victims. I posted it on A. Bailey's thread too.
Awareness For Missing/Unidentified People and Crime Victims

I doubt one's hair could have survived for four decades in (probably humid) forest soil... (from what I've seen, under such environment could hair be preserved up to several years at best, while it depends quite a lot on several factors including acidity and climate)

Wasn't there that woman in Saskatoon who was killed in the 1920s but still had reddish-brown hair?

Mariah Dachtler seems like a high possibility for this case but what do you guys think about Nicole Engle? She went missing in 2001 about an hour and a half away (a little over 100 miles). However, I'm not sure if her hair could have been preserved for that long. If it was, they do have DNA and dental available for Nicole.

Sorry, I'm new to all of this and I just created an account to post this. I'm still learning how everything works.

Mariah Dachtler seems like a high possibility for this case but what do you guys think about Nicole Engle? She went missing in 2001 about an hour and a half away (a little over 100 miles). However, I'm not sure if her hair could have been preserved for that long. If it was, they do have DNA and dental available for Nicole.

Sorry, I'm new to all of this and I just created an account to post this. I'm still learning how everything works.

Welcome P. Kitty.

A girl named Mackenzie Marken went missing in Wisconsin 4 years ago. Seemed to have vanish without a trace. Its a long way from her home, but she was talking to strange men online. She was 14 at the time, not sure how long these remains were there though...

Mackenzie Rae Marken – The Charley Project

@carbuff @MadMcGoo or someone with a Namus account, any possibility to post the current rule-out list please? Lots of suggestions here over the years.

@carbuff @MadMcGoo or someone with a Namus account, any possibility to post the current rule-out list please? Lots of suggestions here over the years.
3 Missing Person Exclusions
MP4641
Carla Owens
07/01/1981
Jefferson
WA
MP34775
Mackenzie Marken
10/11/2015
Marathon
WI
MP52300
Mariah Dachtler
06/26/2018
Cowlitz
WA

My first thread (woo!)
I was surprised to find such a young recently found UID on NAMUS without a thread here already. I searched for media articles concerning this UID and couldn't find any. It would be great if anyone else could find some. You'd think this kind of discovery would attract media attention. Maybe LE has an idea who it is and doesn't need the public's help so they aren't alerting the media? Anyone know of missing teenagers that could be possible matches?

Demographics

SexFemale
Race / EthnicityWhite / Caucasian
Possible First Name--
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last Name--
Possible Nickname--
Estimated Age GroupAdolescent
Estimated Age Range (Years)13-19
Estimated Year of Death--
Estimated PMI--
Height5' 3"-5' 9"(63-69 inches) , Estimated
WeightCannot Estimate
Circumstances
TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date FoundMay 17, 2019
NamUs Case CreatedMay 31, 2019
ME/C QA Reviewed--
Location Found Map
General Location--Tumwater, Washington 98512
County Thurston County
GPS Coordinates--
Circumstances of Recovery Skeletal remains were uncovered by an excavator clearing a wooded area.
Details of Recovery

Inventory of Remains--
Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton
Physical Description
Hair Color Brown
Head Hair Description Straight hair
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye ColorUnknown or Missing
Right Eye ColorUnknown or Missing

I think it’s Danielle Griffith from Shelton/Olympia washington. I’ve been following her missing persons case for 6 years....):

I wish there was more info...or really any info...on Danielle! How frustrating, and strange. I work in Shelton, but I'm not even sure where to begin to find information now. It is a VERY small town, and really seems like most everyone knows each other. I almost wonder if she was found or if her whereabouts are known by some, and that's why there's not much chatter on social media. Just sort of let it all get swept under the rug and forgotten by time.

Meth has, and continues to, take a very real and visible toll on this town, and that strain is now compounded by the opioid crisis. Those were my first thoughts, though all that leaves me is 2 cents to rub together lol ;)

FEB 5, 2020
Remains found in Tumwater identified as missing Olympia woman

53a19b48-bdb7-47e1-a88c-95d7bd595e7b_750x422.jpg

Photo by: Tumwater police
Danielle Griffith was reported missing from Olympia in 2016.

[...]

The remains found in the 2500 block of Sapp Road SW last year have been identified as Danielle J. Griffith.

[...]

Her remains were found by the property owners while doing land clearing with excavation machinery, police said. The remains were then sent to the University of North Texas Center for Human Identification, which returned the results to police on Jan. 23, 2020.

[...]

Rest peacefully, Danielle.
g10008.gif

OMG I feel sick for her family that they reported her missing at 17yo but the report was "discontinued" when someone said she had been sighted at a medical facility so the family had to re-lodge a report later.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer
Back