Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #117

Status
Not open for further replies.
I, too, would like to pause for a moment to express my gratitude to each and every person who comes to this thread day after day. Whether you just come to read, participate in discussions, or conduct hours of research, you are an important piece in finding justice for Abby and Libby.

There is no group of loving, caring, and dedicated people I would rather spend my free time with. I know we are all hoping TODAY IS THE DAY! Looking forward to celebrating with all of you when we see ARREST at the top of the page!!!

I wonder what dragged me to this case most. The word is, UNFAIRNESS.

It is unfair for two young girls, future women, to lose their lives to a sadistic killer.

It is unfair that somehow, the search was not done overnight.

It is unfair that LE fell for the lies of a person who “puts on a good look in a bad play”

it is unfair, unfair that there is not enough physical evidence to implicate him

i, too, hope that “today will be the day”, and while I don’t wish ill on anyone, I hope one day we shall see the true face of the BG. I hope this Thanksgiving is not fun for him.

Also I'm not sure how much I put into the story of the girl who saw someone believed to be BG who gave her a look that frightened her because if BG came across her and her little sister first, what was it about that encounter that allowed them to survive but the next two girls he came across were murdered? If this account is true, then that leads me to believe this was not random and Libby and/or Abby were targeted.
Maybe because they were not on the bridge or isolated - and they were on the trail and were part of a group I believe. Maybe they had a dog with them. But good point, maybe they were targeted. MOO.

Also I'm not sure how much I put into the story of the girl who saw someone believed to be BG who gave her a look that frightened her because if BG came across her and her little sister first, what was it about that encounter that allowed them to survive but the next two girls he came across were murdered? If this account is true, then that leads me to believe this was not random and Libby and/or Abby were targeted.
Maybe because they were not on the bridge or isolated - and they were on the trail and were part of a group I believe. Maybe they had a dog with them. But good point, maybe they were targeted. MOO.

I assembled a detailed profile utilizing published LE facts about the case in MSM, the available evidence, and public information. While this is simply conjecture my methodology is based on: personal experience, psychology/sociology, physiology, and Occam's Razor.
Libby and Abby

Profile Based On Facebook:
AW:
Normal teenage girl, appropriate number of friends.
LG: Approx 500 friends, mix from expected age to older adults. Older adults could be a mix of family, church members, and other adult friends. Possibly sibling or online friends. Multiple men in there in their 20's, several who are smoking or engaging with drug praphinilla. Of not a 20 something year old male embracing a teenage female who has noticable eyrthemia below one eye. Another is a profile that is totally written in Turkish.

LG, AW Synopsis:

The Facebook profile of LG along with the knowledge that she had a difficult family life adds a wrinkle that should be explored further. I believe if it safe to assume that LG had the stronger, more outgoing personality of the pair.

Was there previous deviance? Drug behavior? Previous attempts to run away? This is reinforced by the initial police response, the police responded advised foul play not suspected, suspended search due to weather at night believing girls were not a risk. Why would they do this? Overall the nature preserve is not overly big for a general grid search and first responders would never have suspended the search given the cold weather if they believed the girls were simply lost in the woods or in danger. There would have been helicopter support, dog searches, community calls to action. The only reason LE would have suspended the search would have been a reasonable belief that girls have previously or had the potential to runaway or be involved with something else.

Analysis of BG
The Walk: Watching BG walk, I do not believe this was a drifter or homeless individual. I believe he was a local, possibly someone who grew up in the area. He knew the trail system enough to find the bridge and know that he would be able to walk on the bridge despite technically not being open to pedestrian traffic. Also, he seemed to know the terrain enough to get the girls away from the main path and in a more isolated part of the creek.

His shuffle is most likely deliberate steps. Remember, the girls are young, agile, athletic, and experienced walking on this bridge. He is older, less balanced, and possibly nervous of the condition of the timber beams. MSM notes that the bridge is in poor condition and not updated for pedestrians. Note that there are gabs between the cross ties of this bridge. I do not suspect concealed items in the leg or a walking condition. He knows of the bridge, but he's not a frequent visitor.

He is walking forward leaning but authoritatively. He keeps his hands mostly visible but in hoodie pockets. Possibility indicating that he is putting up a stern front, but keeping focus in his mind without coming across as overly observant or closed. His walk is reminiscent of a LE officer, paramedic, security guard, Air Force, or teacher.

The Clothing: This is someone not employed in the trades. The clothing is dated but in not extreme wear condition. Also, he was wearing a hoodie layered under a windbreaker. Someone in trade or used to being (living or sportsman) outside would have more likely worn some of the newer clothing for working in cold weather (i.e. Carhart, hide coat, insulated work coat). This is someone with casual exposure to being outside during the cold, possibly originally from a warm climate. Also, the jean and layer fashion indicates someone who possibly was a teenager in the early to mid 2000's. It is someone who is not engaged with fashion or updates styles frequently. I believe the cleaner shave with scruffy hair reinforces previous fashions for that age cohort.

The Voice: This is someone who has worked with kids before. Also, the direct firmness in voice makes me think youth groups and/or security crowd control. The tone is similar to how those who work with kids communicate directness without yelling. "Guys, Down The Hill", there is not enough to context to say with any certain, but to me it sounds like he is trying to get their attention. Like they were searching for something and he said something like "Guys, Over Here, Down The Hill"

BG Synopsis: This is someone who is local and reserved. He is not a direct leader, but leadership adjacent. He is someone who works a lot behind the scenes and does the grunt work of something more public. I believe he has been around a strong leader his whole life (i.e. LE officer, teacher, religious leader). He is someone who is emulating what he grew up around, but is not quite measuring up or found his own identity. Possibly JROTC in high school. In other words, he's following huge footsteps and high expectations. This is why he wants control, it's a form of over-correcting to gain approval of himself or family. The direct LE snubs as his cowardice is to get him rattled and pissed off, this is someone who may have had an honor code at sometime. He has experience working with children either directly or indirectly. The fact that LE is making religious appeals makes me think he is the son of a popular religious minister, has an overtly religious family member, and/or has worked with church youth.

Case Synopsis
BG is likely connected in the community, multiple people and subservient family members are covering for him to protect a more prominent family member. This is possibly a small, very close knit family. Perhaps they are providing a false alibi. The religious appeals are to get one of these family members to break rank.

Since it does not appear that the girls tried to run at first contact or call 911, there is reason to believe that this person was known or was expected to be at the park by one of the girls.

LE possibly believed that the girls were capable of something such as running away or deviance, which led them to sit on the initial investigation. Their conduct of the search and belief that the girls were not at risk despite them being last seen in the park and missed a well established pick up time adds to my belief.

LE likely has a primary suspect, but do not have enough evidence beyond reasonable doubt to bring charges. Possibly they do not have PC for a search warrant. Their reluctance to release evidence means they are holding as much back in the hope that BG will tell the real details to someone else who will connect him to the case. It also adds leverage for making deals with any snitches. This would be their only direct evidence in the case. It's also possible that the individual is the son of a preacher or LE and they want to be absolutely certain who he is before tearing the small town apart with a false accusation of a well connected person. Unfortunately, he will have to harm again and be caught before his family breaks rank.

Theories

A) The girls were walking, encountered BG on the trail or bridge who followed and attacked them randomly.

B) The girls encountered BG, who is known to them, interacted with him. Later possibly insulted him or someone started some other confrontation that escalated.

C) One of the girls engaged with him online and set up a meeting, possibly catfished him or did something similar like "To Catch A Predator". This would explain the forethought to record secretly, but also why the girls didn't run or call for help despite having a cell phone.

E) He catfished one of the girls and set up a meeting and maybe didn't expect the friend to come along. Situation escalated

E) Drug connection to the girls or family member

About Me:
I was a counter-intelligence profiler at one time. I then went into a career where I conducted multiple suicide and homicide interventions. Often I would have nothing more than a fake SM account to track individuals. I am now a health care professional.

One thing, the CaCo Sheriff attempted to initiate an Amber alert that evening.
I think it is true that when they could not find the girls on the trail that police also pursued the next most likely cause of their being missing which would be going to a friends etc. So there was searching still going on in that sense, calling relatives and friends - trying to think of anywhere they might have gone. BOLOs etc.
Both girls were A students involved in all kinds of school and church activities.

I believe one of the other people who had his property searched did live near RL. I've kept a copy of your query and if I find an answer as I wade through my archives I'll reply. At the time of the search warrants there were many posts suggesting that a body/bodies had been removed and taken to (?)a nearby shed and then returned to the location where they were found. IMO that never happened.
A couple of thing that makes me wonder about this is the fact LE have requested the autopsy and DNA of Etter. As you know, the woman he abducted and raped, in his shed, he subsequently took back to her vehicle. This is one reason I am still thinking "shed" and being abducted then returned. Then the searches at the property owner's premises and the BBR premises appeared to include the properties and outbuildings. Why would they have conducted those two extensive searches early on, as they did, if the creek area was the only crime scene? MOO.

I wonder what dragged me to this case most. The word is, UNFAIRNESS.

It is unfair for two young girls, future women, to lose their lives to a sadistic killer.

It is unfair that somehow, the search was not done overnight.

It is unfair that LE fell for the lies of a person who “puts on a good look in a bad play”

it is unfair, unfair that there is not enough physical evidence to implicate him

i, too, hope that “today will be the day”, and while I don’t wish ill on anyone, I hope one day we shall see the true face of the BG. I hope this Thanksgiving is not fun for him.

Holeman has said that once they find the person they have sufficient evidence from the crime scene to convict.
So of all the POIs that have come up, none can be the killer, if Holeman was correct.

It seems most local men must have been eliminated by now.
It appears to me they eliminate people pretty quickly.
The judge in the area must grant search warrants for surreptitious DNA collection if there's any reasonable cause at all.
The age change reopened a whole new population of men to review. Its been 7 months since that shift.

Thank you for reminding us. Some people continue to suggest that there were two perps even though there is no evidence whatsoever for that position. One of their arguments amounts to looking for hidden meanings implying two perps in LE's language, so it's good to see a clear statement from LE that NBG is "the man responsible for the murders."

Would being "responsible" for the murders absolutely rule out 2, or more co conspirators, or killers?

A couple of thing that makes me wonder about this is the fact LE have requested the autopsy and DNA of Etter. As you know, the woman he abducted and raped, in his shed, he subsequently took back to her vehicle. This is one reason I am still thinking "shed" and being abducted then returned. Then the searches at the property owner's premises and the BBR premises appeared to include the properties and outbuildings. Why would they have conducted those two extensive searches early on, as they did, if the creek area was the only crime scene? MOO.

Good question,
I have thought they searched bicycle Bridge because someone reported seeing something thrown from a car or someone living at bicycle Bridge was known to hang out below that bridge

I assembled a detailed profile utilizing published LE facts about the case in MSM, the available evidence, and public information. While this is simply conjecture my methodology is based on: personal experience, psychology/sociology, physiology, and Occam's Razor.
Libby and Abby

AW:
LG: Approx 500 friends, mix from expected age to older adults. Older adults could be a mix of family, church members, and other adult friends. Possibly sibling or online friends. Multiple men in there in their 20's, several who are smoking or engaging with drug praphinilla. Of not a 20 something year old male embracing a teenage female who has noticable eyrthemia below one eye. Another is a profile that is totally written in Turkish.

LG, AW Synopsis:

The Facebook profile of LG along with the knowledge that she had a difficult family life adds a wrinkle that should be explored further. I believe if it safe to assume that LG had the stronger, more outgoing personality of the pair.

Was there previous deviance? Drug behavior? Previous attempts to run away? This is reinforced by the initial police response, the police responded advised foul play not suspected, suspended search due to weather at night believing girls were not a risk. Why would they do this? Overall the nature preserve is not overly big for a general grid search and first responders would never have suspended the search given the cold weather if they believed the girls were simply lost in the woods or in danger. There would have been helicopter support, dog searches, community calls to action. The only reason LE would have suspended the search would have been a reasonable belief that girls have previously or had the potential to runaway or be involved with something else.

Analysis of BG
The Walk: Watching BG walk, I do not believe this was a drifter or homeless individual. I believe he was a local, possibly someone who grew up in the area. He knew the trail system enough to find the bridge and know that he would be able to walk on the bridge despite technically not being open to pedestrian traffic. Also, he seemed to know the terrain enough to get the girls away from the main path and in a more isolated part of the creek.

His shuffle is most likely deliberate steps. Remember, the girls are young, agile, athletic, and experienced walking on this bridge. He is older, less balanced, and possibly nervous of the condition of the timber beams. MSM notes that the bridge is in poor condition and not updated for pedestrians. Note that there are gabs between the cross ties of this bridge. I do not suspect concealed items in the leg or a walking condition. He knows of the bridge, but he's not a frequent visitor.

He is walking forward leaning but authoritatively. He keeps his hands mostly visible but in hoodie pockets. Possibility indicating that he is putting up a stern front, but keeping focus in his mind without coming across as overly observant or closed. His walk is reminiscent of a LE officer, paramedic, security guard, Air Force, or teacher.

The Clothing: This is someone not employed in the trades. The clothing is dated but in not extreme wear condition. Also, he was wearing a hoodie layered under a windbreaker. Someone in trade or used to being (living or sportsman) outside would have more likely worn some of the newer clothing for working in cold weather (i.e. Carhart, hide coat, insulated work coat). This is someone with casual exposure to being outside during the cold, possibly originally from a warm climate. Also, the jean and layer fashion indicates someone who possibly was a teenager in the early to mid 2000's. It is someone who is not engaged with fashion or updates styles frequently. I believe the cleaner shave with scruffy hair reinforces previous fashions for that age cohort.

The Voice: This is someone who has worked with kids before. Also, the direct firmness in voice makes me think youth groups and/or security crowd control. The tone is similar to how those who work with kids communicate directness without yelling. "Guys, Down The Hill", there is not enough to context to say with any certain, but to me it sounds like he is trying to get their attention. Like they were searching for something and he said something like "Guys, Over Here, Down The Hill"

BG Synopsis: This is someone who is local and reserved. He is not a direct leader, but leadership adjacent. He is someone who works a lot behind the scenes and does the grunt work of something more public. I believe he has been around a strong leader his whole life (i.e. LE officer, teacher, religious leader). He is someone who is emulating what he grew up around, but is not quite measuring up or found his own identity. Possibly JROTC in high school. In other words, he's following huge footsteps and high expectations. This is why he wants control, it's a form of over-correcting to gain approval of himself or family. The direct LE snubs as his cowardice is to get him rattled and pissed off, this is someone who may have had an honor code at sometime. He has experience working with children either directly or indirectly. The fact that LE is making religious appeals makes me think he is the son of a popular religious minister, has an overtly religious family member, and/or has worked with church youth.

Case Synopsis
BG is likely connected in the community, multiple people and subservient family members are covering for him to protect a more prominent family member. This is possibly a small, very close knit family. Perhaps they are providing a false alibi. The religious appeals are to get one of these family members to break rank.

Since it does not appear that the girls tried to run at first contact or call 911, there is reason to believe that this person was known or was expected to be at the park by one of the girls.

LE possibly believed that the girls were capable of something such as running away or deviance, which led them to sit on the initial investigation. Their conduct of the search and belief that the girls were not at risk despite them being last seen in the park and missed a well established pick up time adds to my belief.

LE likely has a primary suspect, but do not have enough evidence beyond reasonable doubt to bring charges. Possibly they do not have PC for a search warrant. Their reluctance to release evidence means they are holding as much back in the hope that BG will tell the real details to someone else who will connect him to the case. It also adds leverage for making deals with any snitches. This would be their only direct evidence in the case. It's also possible that the individual is the son of a preacher or LE and they want to be absolutely certain who he is before tearing the small town apart with a false accusation of a well connected person. Unfortunately, he will have to harm again and be caught before his family breaks rank.

Theories

A) The girls were walking, encountered BG on the trail or bridge who followed and attacked them randomly.

B) The girls encountered BG, who is known to them, interacted with him. Later possibly insulted him or someone started some other confrontation that escalated.

C) One of the girls engaged with him online and set up a meeting, possibly catfished him or did something similar like "To Catch A Predator". This would explain the forethought to record secretly, but also why the girls didn't run or call for help despite having a cell phone.

E) He catfished one of the girls and set up a meeting and maybe didn't expect the friend to come along. Situation escalated

About Me:
I was a counter-intelligence profiler at one time. I then went into a career where I conducted multiple suicide and homicide interventions. Often I would have nothing more than a fake SM account to track individuals. I am now a health care professional.
DBM

Last edited:
How would they have departed the scene?

How and when would the killer have returned?

How long would it take to move two bodies down to the final crime scene?

How much time would be involved in the entire endeavor?

Forensics can detect whether a body has been moved. If they had been moved the police would openly be looking for that second location and vehicle

Would being "responsible" for the murders absolutely rule out 2, or more co conspirators, or killers?
Yes.
-
Moreover, if there had been two perps, LE likely would have found four sets of footprints around the crime scene and/or heard two perps on the audio.
-
There's no evidence of a second perp, and two perps would be very rare for a crime like this. It's silly for people to continue to suggest that there were two perps.

Last edited:
Thank you for reminding us. Some people continue to suggest that there were two perps even though there is no evidence whatsoever for that position. One of their arguments amounts to looking for hidden meanings implying two perps in LE's language, so it's good to see a clear statement from LE that NBG is "the man responsible for the murders."
Some folk suggest there is only one perp, however we dont know that for sure. personally, Im on the fence on this also. Kind of like hair/hat.
jmo

Some folk suggest there is only one perp, however we dont know that for sure. personally, Im on the fence on this also. Kind of like hair/hat.
jmo
If LE knows there were 2 or more involved, what a great tactic. Lets show 1 guy, lets release 1 voice. Now if there were plural perps, one might turn on the other before he is turned in. Make sense?

Why would they be so interested in the driver of a car at that abandoned building if they know there's only one person involved?

It's my belief that to restrict one's thinking in this matter to any definitive, in particular in light of the fact that we all know so little, is an error.

Lastly, simply the fact that someone knows who the killer is, and has not come forth, places them in the category of being a co conspirator.

carry on.

Libby and Abby

AW:

LG, AW Synopsis:

Analysis of BG

Case Synopsis

Theories

About Me:

Excellent first post, Rabidfox. So glad you have joined us on this thread!

Libby and Abby

AW:

LG, AW Synopsis:

Analysis of BG

Case Synopsis

Theories

About Me:
WOW! Amazing contribution here! Thank You and Welcome! VERY impressive sleuthing!!!

Why would they be so interested in the driver of a car at that abandoned building if they know there's only one person involved?

It's my belief that to restrict one's thinking in this matter to any definitive, in particular in light of the fact that we all know so little, is an error.
Lastly, simply the fact that someone knows who the killer is, and has not come forth, places them in the category of being a co conspirator.

carry on.
BBM
-
No, it doesn't, actually. Your logic is very flawed. Having knowledge of a crime does not make someone a co-conspirator. Aside from the fact that that statement may be wishful thinking on the part of LE, BG might have bragged to someone about the crime after the fact, or (more likely) LE has concluded that someone must have recognized BG from the video and audio but may be reluctant to come forward. In either case, such a person would only be a material witness. If someone knowingly gave BG a phony alibi, that person could be an accessory after the fact (or not, depending on how much the person knew) but still wouldn't be a co-conspirator.
-
As far as the car goes, it may have been a car shared by several people; maybe all of those people have denied using it that day. Maybe someone claimed to be driving it, but LE thinks that that person is covering for a suspect. We don't know whether LE thinks the car was driven by BG or whether they are looking for a potential witness.
-
As for restricting thinking, of course we need to restrict thinking somewhat--to what is supported by the evidence! That's the whole point of investigating a crime. It's called narrowing the focus. It's how crimes get solved. Wild conjecture and fantasy aren't helpful. Of course we don't know as much as LE, but we know quite a bit. We might not be able to rule out uncooperative witnesses (or even accessories after the fact), but we can absolutely rule out the possibility of a second perp.

I have thought about these searches quite a bit. I know we have discussed many theories, but the only conclusion I can come to is that perhaps BG used the property (outbuildings, "shed", etc.) to change clothing/clean up after the crime. If BG is truly local, he may have seen RL leave with a truckload full of items for his trip to the landfill. Having a place nearby to quickly change clothing, rejoin the trail or walk along the road, would enable him to leave the area undetected as BG. IF he was seen after he dropped his "disguise", he may have felt confident he would not be reported by any witness he may have encountered.

I have also wondered if the second location searched (as reported in MSM), was because there was some sort of communication with the girls from someone associated with this address. Maybe text messages, or other online communication, or perhaps a cell phone that pinged in the area of MHB.

These were just a few theories I thought of at the time. May or may not be accurate, but there definitely was a reason for these early searches, and a judge signing a search warrant to collect evidence, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire