MI MI - Adrienne Quintal, 47, called for help, foul play possible, Honor, Benzie Co., 17 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going waaay out on a limb here but trying to think of any possible explanation...

what if an enemy shows up at the cabin. She shoots from inside and kills enemy outside (possibly hit in the face). BF disposes body on drive home. They create a cover story and clean the scene. She executes the cover story 2 days later and disappears. He stays quiet.

My opinion only.

Doesn't cleaning up the scene and removing the body negate the purpose for the whole plot? Or do you mean it was a botched coverup?

The original shooting left bullet holes in the cabin/car - things you can't easily hide and need an explanation.

The coverup changes the narrative on the scene at the cabin.

Pure speculation and my opinion only.

"At least one of these tips appears credible, Lamerson said. The possible witness reportedly told police they had seen someone matching Quintal’s description and provided a specific time and location. Authorities are working to review security camera footage that may help corroborate the tipsters’s account, according to the report."

Why would LE release this tip to the public? Especially if they feel it's credible? Trying to think of a reason...... because if they released this credible tip, they must not be holding much of anything tight to the vest which would be disappointing over all. IMO.

Going waaay out on a limb here but trying to think of any possible explanation...

what if an enemy shows up at the cabin. She shoots from inside and kills enemy outside (possibly hit in the face). BF disposes body on drive home. They create a cover story and clean the scene. She executes the cover story 2 days later and disappears. He stays quiet.

My opinion only.

If that happened why would they create a cover story where Ada disappears? Or do you think she didn't intend to disappear/stay gone this long? And why would they decide Ada should be the one to "take the fall" for shooting someone in the face? It's smarter to not say anything than to admit she shot someone as an attempt to explain bullet holes. That "ruse" and Ada disappearing would cause LE to investigate Ada and Lundy sooner and more deeply when that is the last thing they would want if involved in a coverup of a murder. It doesn't make any sense to draw more attention to yourself under those circumstances. Plus, I can think of easier ways they could have covered for the bullet holes. They could have broken out all the glass from the windows that had bullet holes or removed the windows completely and replaced them. They could patch any holes in the walls easily too. They were up there to fix up the cabin anyway. No need for an elaborate ruse 2 days later if they were covering up a murder scene. MOO.

My opinion only.
It would be really difficult to remove all traces of blood spatter from a direct shot to the face. Luminol would pick it up even if the area was cleaned and swept. Blood soaks into the ground.

"At least one of these tips appears credible, Lamerson said. The possible witness reportedly told police they had seen someone matching Quintal’s description and provided a specific time and location. Authorities are working to review security camera footage that may help corroborate the tipsters’s account, according to the report."

Why would LE release this tip to the public? Especially if they feel it's credible? Trying to think of a reason...... because if they released this credible tip, they must not be holding much of anything tight to the vest which would be disappointing over all. IMO.

Maybe they are shaking the trees to see what falls out? If Ada was seen on video somewhere after she disappeared then it begs the question-- how did she get to the place where she was seen? This is a remote location and I doubt she walked to a store from there. Someone had to have helped her get away from the location. And that would mean someone has knowledge of where she is now or what happened to her after that sighting. On the other hand, a tip could be deemed "credible" and also turn out to not be Ada. Honest people can be mistaken. My question is-- what did Lundy say when told they might have video of Ada after she disappeared? His reaction (or lack of a reaction) could be very telling. MOO.

Maybe they are shaking the trees to see what falls out? If Ada was seen on video somewhere after she disappeared then it begs the question-- how did she get to the place where she was seen? This is a remote location and I doubt she walked to a store from there. Someone had to have helped her get away from the location. And that would mean someone has knowledge of where she is now or what happened to her after that sighting. On the other hand, a tip could be deemed "credible" and also turn out to not be Ada. Honest people can be mistaken. My question is-- what did Lundy say when told they might have video of Ada after she disappeared? His reaction (or lack of a reaction) could be very telling. MOO.
I like the "shaking the tree explanation" you thought of it seems logical with the reward expiring today (if they did see her). IMO

I've been gone for a while and would really appreciate it if someone could give me a short rundown on everything we know about Adrienne's disappearance so far.

If that happened why would they create a cover story where Ada disappears? Or do you think she didn't intend to disappear/stay gone this long? And why would they decide Ada should be the one to "take the fall" for shooting someone in the face? It's smarter to not say anything than to admit she shot someone as an attempt to explain bullet holes. That "ruse" and Ada disappearing would cause LE to investigate Ada and Lundy sooner and more deeply when that is the last thing they would want if involved in a coverup of a murder. It doesn't make any sense to draw more attention to yourself under those circumstances. Plus, I can think of easier ways they could have covered for the bullet holes. They could have broken out all the glass from the windows that had bullet holes or removed the windows completely and replaced them. They could patch any holes in the walls easily too. They were up there to fix up the cabin anyway. No need for an elaborate ruse 2 days later if they were covering up a murder scene. MOO.

Those are good points. What if the enemy had a cell phone and could be placed at or near the cabin. Might that require an elaborate ruse?

I wonder if vaping devices were tested for evidence of a potentially dangerous drug? (Maybe laced with something unknown to AQ). If so, would LE tell us?

Or maybe she was exposed to a drug and there is no remaining evidence. (Someone left drug at the cabin... She had a reaction)?

I'd like to know the significance of multiple cell phones found in the cabin, other than the one that Ada used to call the friend. Whose phones were they? Were they burner phones? Do people usually keep spare phones lying around in cabins when they aren't there?

The cabin/s did not belong to Ada herself. The cabins had been in the family for many years and were used by many family members and probably their guests. The plethora of cell phones could have been left there by other family members. I don't know how good cell phone service might be in the remote community, so maybe various folks who frequented the cabin/s had extra phones in case some didn't work or weren't charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4