Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #118

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome back to the Delphi Murders discussion thread.

On the afternoon of Feb. 13th, 2017, best friends Abigail Williams and Liberty German were dropped off at a bridge in the town of Delphi. On Feb 14th their bodies were discovered around noon about 50 feet from the north bank of Deer Creek which is about 0.5 miles from the bridge.
The Sheriff's office gave a press conference on 4/22/19 and we have some solid information. Please take a look below

HERE IS THE NEW SKETCH FROM THE PRESS CONFERENCE ON 4/22/19

delphi-suspect-sketch-ht-jef-190422_hpEmbed_5x6_992.jpg

HERE IS THE NEW AUDIO. IT'S-A BIT LONGER THAN THE FIRST AUDIO:
https://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_Audio_Edited_2019x3.wav

Here is the old audio in a loop:

http://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_male_voice_loop.mp3

LATEST PRESS CONFERENCE 4/22/19

FOR MORE CLICK HERE FOR THE CARROL COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE FACEBOOK PAGE.

Anyone with information about this case, no matter how insignificant, is encouraged to call the Delphi Homicide Investigation Tip Line at
(844) 459-5786.

Information can also be reported by calling the Indiana State Police at(800) 382-7537, or the Carroll County Sheriff's Department at (765) 564-2413.

Information can also be emailed to Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

video of press conference from 2017 02/22/17: https://www.facebook.com/NewsCenter1...4728963476130/

Let's do this. Let's commit to getting this killer's picture and voice out there any possible way we can.

Pictures of Abby and Libby

Link to post with all Threads #1-98(Courtesy of margarita25)

Thread #99 Thread #100 Thread #101 Thread #102 Thread #103 Thread #104 Thread #105 Thread #106 Thread #107 Thread #108 Thread #109 Thread #110 Thread #111 Thread #112 Thread #113 Thread #114 Thread #115 Thread #116 Thread #117

Link to Media Maps & Timelines *No Discussion*
Link to Media Maps & Timelines #2 *No Discussion*

IMAGE Discussion Thread

Scanner Thread

Rules Etiquette & Information

Case map by skibaboo updated with grayhuze crime flow video
grayhuze youtube channel

Verified Insiders: None in this case at this time.
Verified Professional, Member michael.gartley, is a Verified Expert in Imaging Science.

RULES OF THIS DISCUSSION

DO NOT post photos of random individuals (including persons featured in MSM articles about other area crimes) to compare to the images of unidentified suspect on the bridge.

PLEASE DO NOT POST PICTURES OF SEX OFFENDERS!

Do not sleuth family, PERIOD. This includes previous public records which have nothing to do with this case. They are victims here. Plain and simple.

4) If you feel you have a tip, by all means, phone it in. Do NOT discuss your tip here. Contact the authorities and give them time to follow your lead.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a lot to discuss in the Delphi case with all the very big developments.

We have a very strong rule on Websleuths. Do not ask someone to PM you on a discussion thread. Why? You saw what happens on this thread. The thread was almost taken over by people saying "PM ME PM ME". We couldn't keep up with removing the posts.
If you want someone to PM you then what you do is you PRIVATE MESSAGE THEM FIRST and ask them whatever.

You do not stop the whole discussion and ask someone to PM you.

We will be giving long time-outs to anyone who says they have the information they can only share in PM's or words to that effect.

We call that "baiting" and it makes me crazy. It is so frustrating to try and get things under control when someone recklessly posts a cryptic post creating a frenzy of posts asking to be PM'd.
Please be mindful of our rules.
Thank you,
Tricia

I think the reason the two sketches are so confusing for me is because I can see the first sketch being the guy Libby filmed. Even though I can’t really make out the specifics of his face from the still photos and footage, I can still see how he would resemble the first sketch. The second sketch, not so much. And for LE to say that the suspect “may look like a combination of the two”just throws me off even further. The two sketches are entirely different, but also pretty generic. Without knowing specifically what the public is supposed to be looking for, I just don’t see how anyone is supposed to identify someone based on what LE has given.

Someone earlier said that there has been too many cooks in the kitchen with this investigation. I desperately want to trust LE’s process, but I really hope the cooks didn’t burn anything beyond salvation early on in the investigation.

Yes. They really need one spokesperson, whether they personally agree or not.

Has anyone seen a meeting/some PC, it must have been held in the summer of 2017. It looked summery. Shane Evans spoke there. DC said openly, many would like to see him gone, but as long as the governor supported him, he’d be here. It was on YouTube. Has anyone seen it?

Do any of you think the sketch situation could be because he wore a life like mask walking towards the girls in the video Liberty took and then law enforcement discovered that a previously discounted witness saw the cowards real face leaving the scene after he had taken his disguise off?

The main problem I have with this theory is I would think law enforcement would be seeking information about where the mask was sold. I wish we knew what the situation with the sketches was.

we have discussed it. I even found masks on Etsy. But the general consensus was, no, there was no mask.

Totally random thought... are there any professions that not only require a thorough background check, but also DNA collection? I don’t know why, but I can’t shake the feeling that the perp is in a position of authority.

Well, many, many years ago I volunteered to be the member of bone marrow bank. I assume in that bank, they have if not the DNA, then at least HLA system.

Well, many, many years ago I volunteered to be the member of bone marrow bank. I assume in that bank, they have if not the DNA, then at least HLA system.
I never thought of a bone marrow bank or database. However, I doubt LE can access those as this might be against HIPAA and other medical privacy laws.

We don't know how the first sketch was generated.
-
It could be a sketch of someone seen interacting with minors in an inappropriate way, possibly on other dates or in other locations around Delphi.
-
It may have been an artist's attempt to draw a sketch based on the video (although to believe that you'd have to believe that LE lied when they said that the sketches depicted two different people).
-
It may simply be that the old sketch depicts someone seen on the trail who was not connected to the crime but who did not come forward, either because he feared being railroaded or because he was passing through and didn't know that he was being sought.
-
LE stated at the April press conference that the man in the OBG sketch is no longer a person of interest.
ISP Carter also stated after the April PC that the killer could wind up being a combination of the two sketches. Then just recently Kelsei parroted the same language. It's more than frustrating and leads one to believe all sorts of senarios. I really wish LE would once again address this issue. We still might be looking for someone favoring the OBG sketch or no we have totally disgarded it.

Are SC names traceable. What was Libby's SC name? I notice on her pics it says "Liberty German" so is that her user name? What if someone uses a false name? Can they be traced if they are using a VPN?

Sorry for all the questions. I don't expect you to answer all but anyone can jump in. TY for explaining :)
Not exactly - the message does disappear like a picture but unlike in a picture message, in a "chat message" either user has the added option to "save" the message by simply tapping on it. Either way, disappear or saved, that persons user name would still have shown up as someone Libby had recently been communicating with.

Do any of you think the sketch situation could be because he wore a life like mask walking towards the girls in the video Liberty took and then law enforcement discovered that a previously discounted witness saw the cowards real face leaving the scene after he had taken his disguise off?

The main problem I have with this theory is I would think law enforcement would be seeking information about where the mask was sold. I wish we knew what the situation with the sketches was.
I think it is possible. I just had a thought about the video of BG and it must also be the case that LE don't have any more closer, clearer video to be able to more accurately show his face. This is the best they have. So she must have concealed the phone pretty quickly after the stills we have seen. MOO.

There is excellent early data available here (2/27/17 presser)....Imgur

"that was a chance encounter? That's possible. Don't think it's likely, but it's possible"
"no indication right now that this is part of a serial murderer"
"there is a likeliness or possibility of more than one person"
"this is the person that at least participated in the murders"

Ha! I quoted myself :)

I think this early presser is extremely important. I know cases evolve, they are fluid, etc. But it's revealing what some of the comments were just one week after the murders.

It's like taking a multiple choice test in school, they always said, go with your first gut answer if you're not sure.

The above quotes are answers to questions posed after the presser. At that time, it's pretty clear to me, they didn't think this murder was a chance encounter, meaning, they had reason to believe the murderer was there that day, AND the girls were they that day, for a reason.

At that time they did NOT think it a serial murder situation.

Lastly, they alluded to more than one person involved.

Ha! I quoted myself :)

I think this early presser is extremely important. I know cases evolve, they are fluid, etc. But it's revealing what some of the comments were just one week after the murders.

It's like taking a multiple choice test in school, they always said, go with your first gut answer if you're not sure.

The above quotes are answers to questions posed after the presser. At that time, it's pretty clear to me, they didn't think this murder was a chance encounter, meaning, they had reason to believe the murderer was there that day, AND the girls were they that day, for a reason.

At that time they did NOT think it a serial murder situation.

Lastly, they alluded to more than one person involved.
No, they didn't "allude to more than one person involved." They said it was possible.
-
Everything was possible because they hadn't ruled anything out yet.
-
It's nonsensical to focus on what local LE said before they had processed their evidence (and probably before they had the input of experienced FBI profilers).

No, they didn't "allude to more than one person involved." They said it was possible.
-
Everything was possible because they hadn't ruled anything out yet.
-
It's nonsensical to focus on what local LE said before they had processed their evidence (and probably before they had the input of experienced FBI profilers).

It's extremely important to NOT discount what was said at this presser. It is RAW Law Enforcement, speaking within a week or so of the murders.

Ignore it if you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member