ME ME - Anneliese Heinig, 37, Richmond, 26 Nov 2019 *vehicle found*

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlhenn

Reaction score
Police search for missing Richmond woman
upload_2019-11-30_22-20-16.png
•last seen wearing black pants, black jacket, black hat, and black shoes
•she has blue eyes, blonde hair, and is five feet and one inch tall.
•was last seen driving on I 295 north between exits 9 and 10, said Richmond Police Sgt. James Donnell, who is the investigating officer.
• Heinig drives a black 2008 Mercury Mariner with Maine license plate 2039 GW.

Police searching for missing Richmond woman

Heinig’s cellphone was traced in the Portland and South Portland area as recently as Thursday, said Richmond police Chief Scott MacMaster.

She was reported missing Thursday by her parents, who live in Harpswell.
I know this area very well.

I have lots of questions about this but am sitting on my hands right now.

From the Missing Persons link above and family update:
Her car was found on Highway 295 and she was seemingly walking to get gas. She was walking north on southbound side so I’m guessing a gas station was closer in the direction she was headed. Family questions why she didn’t call AAA or her sister for assistance.
Since she wasn’t reported as seen at a gas station, she never made it. Wonder if she accepted a ride from someone. jmo

Last edited:
Missing Persons Cases Network

To Note
• Last seen driving on I-295 between exits 9 & 10. Then family stated her car was found broken down off exit 9.
•she was seen walking north on the southbound side of road around 6:30 and 7:30am.
•She eventually called for a tow at either 8:30 or 9:30am (even though she had AAA)
•vehicle was towed to S Portland however registered owner of car was not notified.
• family was able to find vehicle by pinging her phone (it happened to still be in car)
•family also discovered her keys, purse, & ATM card with the phone.
• but family believes she does have her license with her & a little cash

To Note
• Last seen driving on I-295 between exits 9 & 10. Then family stated her car was found broken down off exit 9.
•she was seen walking north on the southbound side of road around 6:30 and 7:30am.
•She eventually called for a tow at either 8:30 or 9:30am (even though she had AAA)
•vehicle was towed to S Portland however registered owner of car was not notified.
• family was able to find vehicle by pinging her phone (it happened to still be in car)
Good summary. I'm not getting the 100% vibe that she is the one who called for a tow truck though. It's not stated either way, just that a tow truck was called.

Maybe the tow was called because of an abandoned vehicle along the highway. Also, if she did make the call, wouldn't she have waited for the tow to arrive?...and how would she call if her phone was in the vehicle?

Good summary. I'm not getting the 100% vibe that she is the one who called for a tow truck though. It's not stated either way, just that a tow truck was called.

Maybe the tow was called because of an abandoned vehicle along the highway. Also, if she did make the call, wouldn't she have waited for the tow to arrive?...and how would she call if her phone was in the vehicle?

That’s my thoughts as well. She was seen walking at 6:30 & 7:30, but the tow wasn’t called for another hour or two! It doesn’t say but I’m sure they can check her phone to see if she made the call or ask the tow co (IMO). What also makes me think she didn’t place the call is because she had AAA. Possibly she felt it would be easier to run up the road, get a little gas, and be on her way instead of calling AAA. Again IMO.
Either way, what bothers me a little (but it’s just me personally), why did she leave her phone & other belongings in the car? Personally, I’d want my phone with me if I were walking down a road or interstate by myself. Even if my car was out of gas, I wouldn’t leave my keys behind.

I wonder if she called someone she knew nearby & they were going to meet her and help get gas back to her car? They could easily check her phone.
Did she have a container for gas once she made it to station?

There are so many scenarios that could have possibly happened...hope she is found soon.

She has been missing since the 26th? Not good.

Questions / notes:

What is the weather history for the 26th through the present?

What is the terrain like?

Have they searched with dogs?

Does she have any known medical conditions?

•I hope she didn’t encounter an opportunistic offender.

Questions / notes:

I hope she didn’t either.
But unfortunately that could be a realistic scenario with this case.
She leave her belongings with her car as she sets out to go get gas from a nearby station. Somebody notices a young lady walking alone early in the morning and uses the opportunity to take her. I hope this is not the case. :(

To Note
This is what I don't understand.

She was seen walking southbound, but somehow managed to come back without being seen, then called the tow company, then disappeared from there?

Her phone was still in the car, so she did return to the car to call the tow, then what happened after?

Was she there when the two truck came to pick up the vehicle? They usually will drive you to wherever the vehicle gets towed to. What time did the tow truck show up to pick up the car?

Questions / notes:

I looked back at the weather.
The day she was last seen: high 50/low 25, clear
It got colder Thursday, on: mid to low 30’s

I hope she didn’t either.
But unfortunately that could be a realistic scenario with this case.
She leave her belongings with her car as she sets out to go get gas from a nearby station. Somebody notices a young lady walking alone early in the morning and uses the opportunity to take her. I hope this is not the case. :(
But how could she have made a phone call from the gas station when he phone was pinged in the car afterwards? Unless she met some unsavory character that decided to call a tow truck while she's in their vehicle kidnapped, and they just left her phone after?

We're missing something here. She had to have made it back to the car, in order to call the tow truck. It's also strange that she didn't call Triple AAA instead of leaving her vehicle to go get gas.

This is what I don't understand.

She was seen walking southbound, but somehow managed to come back without being seen, then called the tow company, then disappeared from there?

Her phone was still in the car, so she did return to the car to call the tow, then what happened after?

Was she there when the two truck came to pick up the vehicle? They usually will drive you to wherever the vehicle gets towed to. What time did the tow truck show up to pick up the car?

That’s why I believe she wasn’t the one who called for a tow...too much time in between, plus her phone being left in the car. I think she thought she could easily go get a little gas, return and be on her way. But when she never returned and car was abandoned on side of road, a tow was called.

MOO

But how could she have made a phone call from the gas station when he phone was pinged in the car afterwards? Unless she met some unsavory character that decided to call a tow truck while she's in their vehicle kidnapped, and they just left her phone after?

We're missing something here. She had to have made it back to the car, in order to call the tow truck. It's also strange that she didn't call Triple AAA instead of leaving her vehicle to go get gas.

We need an exact timeline to crunch. I’m heading out the door if someone wants to take a shot at it. If not, I’ll do it when I get home.

—-

Gas station surveillance footage?

—-

We need an embedded screenshot map / satellite images also showing route and terrain.

ETA:

To Note

That pretty much sums up the timeline, doesn’t it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member