Found Deceased MI - Adrienne Quintal, 47, called for help, foul play possible, Honor, Benzie Co., 17 Oct 2019 #2

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
73498022_448490029105114_6340703323376582656_n.jpg

The Benzie County Sheriff’s Office and the Michigan State Police are asking for assistance from the public with locating a missing female. It is unknown at this time if she is missing voluntarily or in danger.

On 10/17/2019 at approximately 2:45a.m., the female, identified as Adrienne Quintal, called a third party in Warren, MI and asked for help. The third party then contacted the Sheriff’s office. Deputies and Michigan State Police arrived on scene at 2:58 a.m. and observed evidence of possible foul play but were unable to locate Adrienne.

The Sheriff’s Office and The Michigan State Police conducted a K-9 track and ground search of the area, without success.

Adrienne Quintal is a 47-year-old, white female who goes by the name Ada. She has long brown hair with brown eyes. She is approximately 5’7” weighing 125lbs. Adrienne had traveled from Warren, MI to a family cabin in Honor. MI.

Adrienne left behind her personal property, including her vehicle, cellphone, and purse.

Family and friends of Adrienne have not reported to have heard from her since 10/17/2019.

The incident is currently under investigation. If anyone has seen of heard from Adrienne please contact Benzie County Central Dispatch at 231-882-4487 or contact the Michigan State Police Silent Observer at 1-866-774-2345.

Benzie County Sheriff

Police search for missing Michigan woman, possible evidence of foul play found

Why did Adrienne call a third party (a friend?) and not 911 straight away if she felt that she was in danger? What exactly did she say to them? Honor, MI has a population of only about 330 people, very rural. The entire Benzie County has a population of about 17 700 people.

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
So much for the reward. Troubling it backfired. Could mean perps "with money" or "future inheritance money" responsible. Don't need $100k. Wonder location of tip on possible sighting.Traverse City? Warren? L.E. must have the area of tip cameras all checked out. No plea for help by L.E? Maybe a private investigator will try to help the family find Adrienne and contact them on a social media site .

"At least one of these tips appears credible, Lamerson said. The possible witness reportedly told police they had seen someone matching Quintal’s description and provided a specific time and location. Authorities are working to review security camera footage that may help corroborate the tipsters’s account, according to the report."

Why would LE release this tip to the public? Especially if they feel it's credible? Trying to think of a reason...... because if they released this credible tip, they must not be holding much of anything tight to the vest which would be disappointing over all. IMO.

MOO - as far as I know, LE can say whatever they want to get the information they want. To me, this shows how VERY much they’re keeping close to the vest and indicates that something they haven’t told us and likely won’t ever tell us leads them to believe she wasn’t alone when she disappeared/left etc. and want that person to speak up regardless of what has or hasn’t been seen on surveillance.

I don’t think, at this point, that there’s much for us in the general public to go off that would bring any closure to the case. It’s truly the strangest case I’ve ever followed.

So much for the reward. Troubling it backfired. Could mean perps "with money" or "future inheritance money" responsible. Don't need $100k. Wonder location of tip on possible sighting.Traverse City? Warren? L.E. must have the area of tip cameras all checked out. No plea for help by L.E? Maybe a private investigator will try to help the family find Adrienne and contact them on a social media site .

MOO it can also mean that there’s no one who could give a reliable tip because AQ left on her own and if anyone helped her they’re not going to receive that tip money as far as I know.

The cabin/s did not belong to Ada herself. The cabins had been in the family for many years and were used by many family members and probably their guests. The plethora of cell phones could have been left there by other family members. I don't know how good cell phone service might be in the remote community, so maybe various folks who frequented the cabin/s had extra phones in case some didn't work or weren't charged.

EDITED - where is a source on this multiple cell phones thing?? I can’t find one but this is getting stated like it’s a fact and that’s the kind of thing that confuses logical thinking in a case this tangled - EDITED

I don’t think so. Cell coverage is bad up there no matter what phone/service you have. IMO no one was tossing around spare cells.

Last edited:
IF there are perps in this case, they are not going to turn themselves in and this isn't a ransom situation. The reward was probably meant for someone with knowledge, who isn't directly involved.
EDITED - where is a source on this multiple cell phones thing?? I can’t find one but this is getting stated like it’s a fact and that’s the kind of thing that confuses logical thinking in a case this tangled - EDITED

I don’t think so. Cell coverage is bad up there no matter what phone/service you have. IMO no one was tossing around spare cells.
Source for the cell phone info (BBM), link posted a while back on the thread:

Her purse, credit cards, keys, several other cellphone and her dog were still at the cabin, according to authorities.

Southfield woman still missing month after disappearing from family cabin near Traverse City

I agree that it seems strange that there would be cell phones at the unoccupied cabin. If anyone's, perhaps the owner's. There's also a chance that Ada had more than one phone. The police probably know by now if they are relevant to the case.

Last edited:
I know I read somewhere that Ada had another cell phone she used just to take pictures; maybe the other cell phones were used for pics or games? It seems strange that the cabin would be a repository for discarded cell phones. Not that anything in this case is anything but weird.

"At least one of these tips appears credible, Lamerson said. The possible witness reportedly told police they had seen someone matching Quintal’s description and provided a specific time and location. Authorities are working to review security camera footage that may help corroborate the tipsters’s account, according to the report."

Why would LE release this tip to the public? Especially if they feel it's credible? Trying to think of a reason...... because if they released this credible tip, they must not be holding much of anything tight to the vest which would be disappointing over all. IMO.
Yes, the authorities still seem to be working on at least three theories, meaning that they don't have enough info to completely discount some of them.

If the sighting is credible and IF it was Adrienne that the eyewitness saw, it must not have been near the cabin and probably not in the middle of the night. That would support the voluntary missing theory and raise much more questions.

Has all her footwear been accounted for? Was she barefoot when she was seen? Did she wear any winter clothing, like a jacket/coat?

The neighbors reportedly heard gunshots that night. Why didn't she run to their cabin for help? She probably wouldn't stay close to the road and flag down a passing car. Would there be any traffic on the road at that time of night?

How far is the family's second cabin? Is it on the other side of the road? Would she think of hiding there?

The 1:40 am dog walk to the road could be a clandestine meet-up with the person who helps her disappear. Walking the dog at 1:40 seems odd to me.

Alternatively, someone could have followed her back to the cabin.

My opinion only.

Family's land is highlighted. She was in the north cabin, "circled" in white. LE had set up at the south, green ringed, as a base during initial search.

My dogs often need to go out at night. Up there, you don't let them run loose. There looks to be some sort of fence, but I've had several that easily cleared them. Walking a dog at night isn't suspicious, to me.

The "credible tip" should have played out by now. I don't recall seeing it stated that the sighting was after the disappearance?

If she was spotted after, and it was clear she wasn't a captive, there's no reason not to close the investigation.

If she appeared to be captive, away from the area, why commit the massive resources to a 1000 acre search?

Comparing the prior search area to the land, I feel she's there.

The least amount of "what if" points to ASOC (reason irrelevant), ran in the woods, and is awaiting discovery.

MOO&S

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    688.5 KB · Views: 77

They would to let someone know they have info and see what they do next... Force a move.

The neighbors reportedly heard gunshots that night. Why didn't she run to their cabin for help? She probably wouldn't stay close to the road and flag down a passing car. Would there be any traffic on the road at that time of night?
At that time of night, you'd be hard pressed to see more than 3-4 cars at best. More than likely, one or two. I've stayed at a house 20 minutes from that cabin.

The 1:40 am dog walk to the road could be a clandestine meet-up with the person who helps her disappear. Walking the dog at 1:40 seems odd to me.

Alternatively, someone could have followed her back to the cabin.

My opinion only.

We only know her boyfriend received a text from Adrienne at 1:40am, not that she was actually walking the dog then.

The cougar info was never in MSM and is per the sister interviewed on Brainscratch. Here is Knox's excellent podcast summary: MI - MI - Adrienne Quintal, 47, called for help, foul play possible, Honor, Benzie Co., 17 Oct 2019

Bringing this link forward with a summary of all the MSM things so far:
Mystery deepens on Southfield mom missing from northern Michigan cabin

I don't find it strange that she had the dog out at that time of night; she had recently rescued the dog and it may have still been in an adjustment period. She may also be a night owl.

I just find the Gone Girl scenario unlikely. By all reports, she was very close to her son and doesn't seem to have a valid reason to want to go Gone Girl.

I still think it all goes back to the assault in the summer.

MOO

Last edited:
I don't find it strange that she had the dog out at that time of night; she had recently rescued the dog and it may have still been in an adjustment period. She may also be a night owl.

I just find the Gone Girl scenario unlikely. By all reports, she was very close to her son and doesn't seem to have a valid reason to want to go Gone Girl.

I still think it all goes back to the assault in the summer.

MOO
Fear?

I can't recall where it was discussed much at all, but the alleged assault in the summer sounded more like a heat of the moment thing than a vendetta. Adult beverages, rowdy crowds, and sometimes a little gal gets real big. It's absolutely, inexcusably wrong, but sometimes they catch hands for it, and it happens way too fast for the white knight to stop.

MOO&S

Last edited:
I can't recall where it was discussed much at all, but the alleged assault in the summer sounded more like a heat of the moment thing than a vendetta. Adult beverages, rowdy crowds, and sometimes a little gal gets real big. It's absolutely, inexcusably wrong, but sometimes they catch hands for it, and it happens way too fast for the white knight do stop.

MOO&S

If the person who assaulted her had other criminal things going on, a random heat of the moment thing might make it a huge deal, prison, etc, IYKWIM, without stepping out of TOS.

It's rarely an alter-boy, that breaks women's facial bones, so, yeah...
But if there was an abduction based on fear of prosecution, and substantial other charges were involved, kidnapping in MI is a potential Life sentence alone, and MI is not a DP state, even for 1st degree murder. Not that criminals are logical. Even the earlier aggravated assault wouldn't likely add to a sentence for other serious crimes. And the getting shot at and staying the course, has bugged me from the start. It's not a good time. JS.

MOO&S

We do know the person in jail for the assault had an accomplice who is unidentified to date. It makes sense that the person in jail is owed a favour for not ratting the second person out. If Ade disappears, the charges disappear. Lundy may have already agreed to forget the incident, but Ade may have been more persistent. Lundy may have even abandoned Ade at the cabin and let the accomplice know exactly where she was. This would explain his laying low after she disappeared. All is MOO.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back