Mark Sievers Trial General Discussion Thread

I can't find Mark's journal online or in our documents. If anyone knows where it is, please let me know. Thank you very much.

It's not a journal on it's own, as in a book. They're the entries in his phone of his thoughts on whatever he'd just been 'doing' or was going to do. I'm sure the poster was being sarcastic/ironic when she labelled it as such, as that's pretty much how he used his phone and how I took it. What grown man needs to tell himself what he'd just been up to and probably lying to his own self at that, ugh!

If there had been a physical journal, it would have saved us a shed load of time pouring over those texts for weeks back then - if the trash talk and shenanigans were contained in one place. As it was, we were cross referencing back and forth all over the place. Not to mention the headaches it gave Beach and NIN. Saying that - minus a journal - running his 'mouth' in those entries gives us a decent insight to his psyche. He's warped.

Were the life insurance policies on TS reciprocal? Did the Sievers have any on MS? I’ve followed this case closely, but I don’t remember that detail.
Thank you for everyone who is posting, and keeping us all informed. I am so disheartened by this trial that it’s hard for me to watch, so I genuinely appreciate all of you.

Were the life insurance policies on TS reciprocal? Did the Sievers have any on MS? I’ve followed this case closely, but I don’t remember that detail.
Thank you for everyone who is posting, and keeping us all informed. I am so disheartened by this trial that it’s hard for me to watch, so I genuinely appreciate all of you.

I’m with u Poptart. I quit watching the trial due to disappointment in the prosecution. What a waste, I expected a lot more from them after all this time.

I’m with u Poptart. I quit watching the trial due to disappointment in the prosecution. What a waste, I expected a lot more from them after all this time.

I agree with others that more of Mark’s insecure, jealous, controlling texts could be hammered on by he Prosecution..perhaps the State doesn’t go there because of something the defense could come back with...
TS cared and pursued helping others live their best and longest life.
I know as a juror I would feel especially bound to finding ALL who ended her life.
I do think (as in Segura case) the burner phones, cell towers will seal the deal. Technology doesn’t lie. It’s like DNA, thank goodness!!!

MOO

Thanks ScotAng....I usually can pick up on irony/sarcasm, but I thought that there actually was a separate notebook other than the texts where he was journaling about their marriage that the OP may have called a "sex journal"
I remember reading a quoted text somewhere where he said that Teresa "kissed him spontaneously" a couple times--I didn't think that came from a text but from a diary/journal

It's not a journal on it's own, as in a book. They're the entries in his phone of his thoughts on whatever he'd just been 'doing' or was going to do. I'm sure the poster was being sarcastic/ironic when she labelled it as such, as that's pretty much how he used his phone and how I took it. What grown man needs to tell himself what he'd just been up to and probably lying to his own self at that, ugh!

If there had been a physical journal, it would have saved us a shed load of time pouring over those texts for weeks back then - if the trash talk and shenanigans were contained in one place. As it was, we were cross referencing back and forth all over the place. Not to mention the headaches it gave Beach and NIN. Saying that - minus a journal - running his 'mouth' in those entries gives us a decent insight to his psyche. He's warped.

snipped … perhaps the State doesn’t go there because of something the defense could come back with...

That seems to be it. Once they touch on a subject, it's open for cross. Why is the Prosecution avoiding the texts, etc.,?

It seems like a limited State's presentation. It hasn't gotten as ugly as we were expecting...yet.

SBM/BBM

That seems to be it. Once they touch on a subject, it's open for cross. Why is the Prosecution avoiding the texts, etc.,?

It seems like a limited State's presentation. It hasn't gotten as ugly as we were expecting...yet.

SBM/BBM

BBM- Not yer but I don’t put one thing past Mark and his attorney. I have a feeling the ugly is coming. I sure hope this prosecution team has the finesse to handle it.

The State will call their last witnesses probably tomorrow. About five more final witnesses for the State on Monday and then Defense will call their witnesses.

MOO, the Prosecution did what they said in Opening and proved with evidence and witnesses, but it didn't seem like enough especially for a Death Penalty trial.

Updates: Day 6 of Mark Sievers trial for the murder of Teresa Sievers

I mean even the life insurance policies don't seem linked enough to Mark. He had to keep those policies going, juggling finances to pay for them. Was Teresa aware of all those policies? I doubt there was that much insurance on Mark's life, as he didn't generate that much income, as far as I know, legally. What about that Medicare fraud the State hasn't mentioned yet?

Just saying -- Where's the real dirt on Mark?

Thank you, CuriousMe. From the article that you shared, Sandra learned from the deputy on the scene that Teresa was dead and called Mark--so was it Teresa who told him that she was dead?

Sandra says that someone called and said that there was crimetape all around Teresa's house, but who was it that was informing the office of that? Maybe the psychic/energy healer?

I think that the sequence of who knew what when to be very important and it isn't clear.
I would think that Mark would have had more questions for Dr. Petrites when they spoke other than "was it a robbery?"

From the documents on this site, I learned that Mark wasn't formally informed by LE of her death by police until around 7:30 pm that day.

This bugs me.

I don't trust my memory on this, sorry, but maybe someone else can pin down who and when Mark was told. It sounds like Sandra told him what she knew, but she had limited knowledge at that point. Perhaps she knew TS was dead, but not murdered. The wording makes it hard to determine.

The 2015 article says:

"The phone rang. The girl in the front office picked it up and said there's crime tape. Her block is taped off, and there's police everywhere," said Hoskins."

"Hoskins immediately drove to the doctor's home and spoke with a deputy".

"He said she's passed," said Hoskins. "I called Mark, and I said I know what's going, but I don't know what's going on. He was hysterical."

"I said where are you. He said I'm on my way home. I said Mark I'm headed back to the office to take care of things."

"That's exactly what Hoskins did..."

Colleague of murdered Bonita Springs doctor speaks out

Hopefully tomorrow will be a stellar day for the prosecution.

That's a positive, hopeful outlook. Who will they call? I'm trying real hard to deal with this fear.

Fear that Defense could turn around and somehow dismiss all the State presented. Saying CWW lied about Mark asking him to kill Teresa. CWW didn't take a poly is a hint they'll go there. Saying that Mark and CWW had "other" reasons for the burner phones. Saying CWW was the one that wanted to kill Teresa.

You know it doesn't take much to create reasonable doubt in one or two jurors. I'm praying for the State right now.

… snipped... I think that the sequence of who knew what when to be very important and it isn't clear.
I would think that Mark would have had more questions for Dr. Petrites when they spoke other than "was it a robbery?"

From the documents on this site, I learned that Mark wasn't formally informed by LE of her death by police until around 7:30 pm that day.

This bugs me.

I'm not sure it will come up again. Dr. P said he didn't tell Mark that TS was dead. Witness Sandra H. has already been questioned in the trial, and it didn't seem important if she told Mark whether TS was dead. I know it bugs you. I agree it helps determine Mark knowing because he arranged for her death, but I'm not sure it matters enough for the State to present. It's been hard to determine where the State is going, and sometimes it seems like no where.

All just my own opinion

SBM/BBM

Will Carrie Kain testify tomorrow? I really want the jury to hear from her.

I would like the state to make clear the time MS was told of Teresa's death, by whom, and the time he told Teresa's mother of her death when they were outside.

I wish the jury could hear MaryAnn Groves' statement. I don't want her to go through the trauma of testifying, but she was the first person he told and there's so much in her statement to police.

It's very telling, IMO, that Mark was already crying and a little hysterical when he was supposedly trying to reach Teresa... before he had actually heard anything definite.

Will Carrie Kain testify tomorrow? I really want the jury to hear from her.

I would like the state to make clear the time MS was told of Teresa's death, by whom, and the time he told Teresa's mother of her death when they were outside.

I wish the jury could hear MaryAnn Groves' statement. I don't want her to go through the trauma of testifying, but she was the first person he told and there's so much in her statement to police.

It's very telling, IMO, that Mark was already crying and a little hysterical when he was supposedly trying to reach Teresa... before he had actually heard anything definite.

It's so perfect that I was eating a raspberry while reading your post.

Carrie Kain, oh yes, that'd be great, for tomorrow's witnesses, and maybe Taylor Shomaker.

I appreciate and consider both you and ChicagoChic sharing how important it would be for the State to reveal just how sure Mark was of Teresa's death before he was told. We've all seen he sometimes starts his fake crying at the wrong times. I have no idea if the State will use it. I don't want to see TS's Mom be bullied by that mean dog defense attorney.

I sure hope i feel more confident after tomorrow and the Prosecution has a lot more 'energy' and is on point. If not, they might do well to put in some lesser charges... Knowing what they know from the JRR jurors... i hope they know what they are doing. I FULLY expect MM or the other guy to get up and throw out some zingers that may leave them in the dust. Lackluster is the word i am going to use so far with the trial. It should have been an open and shut case. Its not coming off that way to me.

I sure hope i feel more confident after tomorrow and the Prosecution has a lot more 'energy' and is on point. If not, they might do well to put in some lesser charges... Knowing what they know from the JRR jurors... i hope they know what they are doing. I FULLY expect MM or the other guy to get up and throw out some zingers that may leave them in the dust. Lackluster is the word i am going to use so far with the trial. It should have been an open and shut case. Its not coming off that way to me.
Do you think that anyone thinks that MS is not guilty? I haven't had that sense on here and juries usually get it right.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back