Mark Sievers Trial General Discussion Thread

That's a positive, hopeful outlook. Who will they call? I'm trying real hard to deal with this fear.

Fear that Defense could turn around and somehow dismiss all the State presented. Saying CWW lied about Mark asking him to kill Teresa. CWW didn't take a poly is a hint they'll go there. Saying that Mark and CWW had "other" reasons for the burner phones. Saying CWW was the one that wanted to kill Teresa.

You know it doesn't take much to create reasonable doubt in one or two jurors. I'm praying for the State right now.

I sure hope i feel more confident after tomorrow and the Prosecution has a lot more 'energy' and is on point. If not, they might do well to put in some lesser charges... Knowing what they know from the JRR jurors... i hope they know what they are doing. I FULLY expect MM or the other guy to get up and throw out some zingers that may leave them in the dust. Lackluster is the word i am going to use so far with the trial. It should have been an open and shut case. Its not coming off that way to me.

All BBM.

I wonder if the defense is going to pursue the "gay lovers" angle.

That's a positive, hopeful outlook. Who will they call? I'm trying real hard to deal with this fear.

Fear that Defense could turn around and somehow dismiss all the State presented. Saying CWW lied about Mark asking him to kill Teresa. CWW didn't take a poly is a hint they'll go there. Saying that Mark and CWW had "other" reasons for the burner phones. Saying CWW was the one that wanted to kill Teresa.

You know it doesn't take much to create reasonable doubt in one or two jurors. I'm praying for the State right now.
I hope to God the defense doesn't have any evidence of anything sexual between CWW and TS. I can't believe MS wouldn't have documented it, and I can't believe prosecutors wouldn't have asked CWW about that before finalizing the plea deal, but... I worry something's out there. Anything like that and Mark would walk for sure.

I hope they add lessers during jury instructions.

What a contrast to the Frazee (Barreth) trial. Dan May's prosecution needs to be taught in law schools.

Do you think that anyone thinks that MS is not guilty? I haven't had that sense on here and juries usually get it right.
I think everyone would worry less if it wasn't Florida. After the Casey Anthony fiasco, I think everyone will be nervous about Florida juries for a long, long time. (Although that verdict was likely largely due to how the sequestration was handled...)

ETA. Plus, we have all been through the discovery with a fine tooth comb and know a whole lot more than the jury will ever hear, so I don't think you can really compare opinions on here to what the jury may be thinking.

My greatest fear is that the killers' attorneys/friends may be getting ideas to squirm and worm their way out of a conviction, by reading here. While this is a great tool for aiding LE to solve crimes and comforting victim's families, we have to realize that Websleuths is such a tremendous resource, and so exciting to read and participate in, that we may never know who all is reading here. We may, inadvertently, be helping the enemy. I think a lot of people have been taken by imposters in this life...not the least of which was poor Teresa. Let us pray that all the Angels with iron wings and black leather jackets are at the ready!

Do you think that anyone thinks that MS is not guilty? I haven't had that sense on here and juries usually get it right.

Unless Mark and CWW were secret lovers absolutely no reason why they should talk in code & on burner phones.
The jury has to see that Mark,his bizarro demeanor in court, quinky dink that he was out of town with his daughters , quinky dink he shamed Dr P to go over there AND (yes) gave Dr P the garage door code. Mark thought he was so smart. Like movie star smart. He still thinks he’s smarter than everyone in that court room.
He’s a bad actor and a waste of space IMO.

Edited to add- and I would not put it past him to lead CWW on in any (and all) ways to get TS killed. Then Mark would have everything$ he feels he’s owed & entitled.
MOO

Last edited:
Sure both sides could get some strategy, direction, and ideas from the brilliant minds here, but I'd say that's more likely early on. I guess Defense could gauge if it has a chance to run with the liar and lovers angle. MOO, both sides should have their strategy planned already by Opening. That's why I think Defense has been injecting the no poly doubt.

Hope just the State side is reading here. Step it up, State.

JMO

That seems to be it. Once they touch on a subject, it's open for cross. Why is the Prosecution avoiding the texts, etc.,?

It seems like a limited State's presentation. It hasn't gotten as ugly as we were expecting...yet.

SBM/BBM

I'm starting to lean that way also. We saw sister's reaction on live feed during the previous trial which was speaking to such while she was in the gallery, so I thought it was indeed coming.

That would be such a damn travesty of justice if the prosecution was trying to protect the reputation, and lost the case. I just keep thinking that might be what is happening, I cannot figure out for the life of me any other reason why this prosecution is so limp and seemingly unprepared......

and I hope and pray their gamble pays off.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a stellar day for the prosecution.

I can't imagine it being stellar, as they have missed so very many opportunities which we know exists. As such, what would be so stellar at the end and an AHA moment for the jury that is now missing?

Beuller, Bueller is all I have heard so far as to impact... I'm still waiting and it's almost over.

CK will. most likely, be questioned about the suspicious behavior of Mark after Teresa's death when CK went down to Florida for the funeral service. It was so suspicious that she had to contact LE. What can she say that will nail him to the crime of ringleader though?

Hmm...maybe the number of hammer hits MS might have known before he should have, but CWW said he didn't keep count.

CK may also be questioned, by Defense, about the "swingers" comments Mark shared with her years ago. Not sure the State would want to introduce that topic, but I expect Defense to twist the sex angle somehow. JMO

I'm not sure it will come up again. Dr. P said he didn't tell Mark that TS was dead. Witness Sandra H. has already been questioned in the trial, and it didn't seem important if she told Mark whether TS was dead. I know it bugs you. I agree it helps determine Mark knowing because he arranged for her death, but I'm not sure it matters enough for the State to present. It's been hard to determine where the State is going, and sometimes it seems like no where.

All just my own opinion

SBM/BBM

SH called MS in CT and told him TS did not come to work. SH decides to go to the Sievers residence and arrived at the Sievers home and saw the yellow tape, which was not up yet, when Dr P called MS in CT. Dr P called MS prior to making the 911 call and urged MS to 'come home now..fast' according to MG, Teresa's mom. It was after that call - the first call Dr P made to MS after finding TS and the second call ( finding out why he had to go and check on TS) to MS that day - that both MS and MG were crying and screaming outside in MG's backyard.

Dr P testimony at trial (Day 3), :

Dr P 911 call (credit NBC2) 6/29-15:

Dr P 911 cal script:
911 call transcript.pdf

Dr P interrogation with LCSO, 6/29-15:
Mark Petrites.pdf

MG interrogation video with LCSO, 7/02-15:
Groves Mary - Nolen.LCSO_B.mp4

ALL IMO

-Nin

Last edited:
CK will. most likely, be questioned about the suspicious behavior of Mark after Teresa's death when CK went down to Florida for the funeral service. It was so suspicious that she had to contact LE. What can she say that will nail him to the crime of ringleader though?

Hmm...maybe the number of hammer hits MS might have known before he should have, but CWW said he didn't keep count.

CK may also be questioned, by Defense, about the "swingers" comments Mark shared with her years ago. Not sure the State would want to introduce that topic, but I expect Defense to twist the sex angle somehow. JMO
Who is CK?

Who is CK?

Will Carrie Kain testify tomorrow? I really want the jury to hear from her.

I would like the state to make clear the time MS was told of Teresa's death, by whom, and the time he told Teresa's mother of her death when they were outside.

I wish the jury could hear MaryAnn Groves' statement. I don't want her to go through the trauma of testifying, but she was the first person he told and there's so much in her statement to police.

It's very telling, IMO, that Mark was already crying and a little hysterical when he was supposedly trying to reach Teresa... before he had actually heard anything definite.

I wish I could give you a link to her interview, I want to go over it again too, but I can't find it now. I'm hungry and tired.

CK is Carrie (Kain) from Missouri. She knew both MS and CWW from the high school days. A long time ago she went out with CWW, but didn't keep in touch with him. She did keep in touch with Mark on a friendship basis.

BBM

I can't imagine it being stellar, as they have missed so very many opportunities which we know exists. As such, what would be so stellar at the end and an AHA moment for the jury that is now missing?

Beuller, Bueller is all I have heard so far as to impact... I'm still waiting and it's almost over.

Well, I'm hoping that some of missed opportunities were simply due to scheduling problems this time of year and they were working with what they had available (hence it being so discombobulated). So maybe all of the BEST witnesses will show up tomorrow?

My greatest fear is that the killers' attorneys/friends may be getting ideas to squirm and worm their way out of a conviction, by reading here. While this is a great tool for aiding LE to solve crimes and comforting victim's families, we have to realize that Websleuths is such a tremendous resource, and so exciting to read and participate in, that we may never know who all is reading here. We may, inadvertently, be helping the enemy. I think a lot of people have been taken by imposters in this life...not the least of which was poor Teresa. Let us pray that all the Angels with iron wings and black leather jackets are at the ready!

Agree. There have been times I've tempered what I've said on WS for this reason (or taken it to PM if I just had to say it to someone lol).

You wouldn't get that sense in here because we know so much of the discovery details already. We know what a psychopath Mark is and how he set up this brutal cold-blooded murder, and told so many lies in preparation.

But does the jury understand any of that? I am not sure they do.

I have watched about 3/4 of the trial testimony. So hopefully I have missed all the important, impactful evidence. But what I have seen has been kind of vague and convoluted...I never really understood the points that were being made.

My fear is that the jury might feel the same way. Jurors need a powerful speaker/story teller to help them put together the evidence in a strong narrative. They need to visualise and experience the steps that led up to the murder, the motives behind it, the emotions leading up to it---so they can fully believe the defendant was the guilty party.

So far, the only 'evidence' I have seen, that clearly points to Mark has been the co-conspirator testifying to that. But what if one or two members discount that testimony? He was so casual and light hearted. It was not that convincing, in my opinion. I mean, I believe he killed TS, but did he say enough to tie MS into it solidly?

What else has been presented that solidly ties MS to the crime? The call to Dr P is very damning. But I am worried that the defense will be able to explain it away. There has to be more than that in a death penalty case.

The texts to his wife, from MS---to us, they are very revealing because we know what a manipulative sociopath he is. But the jury needs a STRONG voice from the prosecution to show them that reality. If a meek and boring attorney just submits those texts and reads them into the record, you might have jurors seeing MS as a concerned, caring spouse, working on their relationship, checking in on her, etc etc...

It could backfire if there is not someone like Dan May or Juan Martinez to expertly introduce that evidence in such a way that the jury understands the true context. It takes a very thorough, brilliant mind to doing that.

I'm not sure it will come up again. Dr. P said he didn't tell Mark that TS was dead. Witness Sandra H. has already been questioned in the trial, and it didn't seem important if she told Mark whether TS was dead. I know it bugs you. I agree it helps determine Mark knowing because he arranged for her death, but I'm not sure it matters enough for the State to present. It's been hard to determine where the State is going, and sometimes it seems like no where.

All just my own opinion

SBM/BBM
Amen to that! You're reading my mind. ♡♡♡

Although I have no idea what Dr. Siever’s issues were regarding SH and her employment within the medical office and TS’s alleged comments to her own mother regarding her desire to fire SH, I believe there was an abundance of gaslighting going on and that SH was most likely the target of MS’s anger and that she was collateral damage in the scenario. In other words, I believe IMO that MS set SH up as a fall girl whether it be in the day to day operations of the medical practice or the medicare and other fraud MS was conducting. Hopefully time will tell!
Does anyone else feel the Feds may have a better case against MS for other crimes? I sure hope so especially based on the comments of all who are actually following this trial.
Praying for justice for TS, her family and anyone who could and/or should be considered collateral damage. I hope Florida has this one in a big way! I share your frustrations!

I hope to God the defense doesn't have any evidence of anything sexual between CWW and TS. I can't believe MS wouldn't have documented it, and I can't believe prosecutors wouldn't have asked CWW about that before finalizing the plea deal, but... I worry something's out there. Anything like that and Mark would walk for sure.

I hope they add lessers during jury instructions.

What a contrast to the Frazee (Barreth) trial. Dan May's prosecution needs to be taught in law schools.

I respect your opinion, but I don't think it would mean Mark would walk if it was proven TS had sex with CWW.

First of all, it's highly likely MS would know all about it. MS implied they were swingers, and LS said Teresa told Mark almost too much. MS would've known. Still doesn't mean TS deserves to die. If he did document it, so what? It would go towards his jealousy and asking/wanting his wife killed.

Second, Mark is the one who went to CWW's wedding, and even maybe played the blindfold game. Mark is the one who bought the burner phones, made codes to talk, so he's still involved. There is no way I can believe CWW acted on his own and killed Teresa out of jealousy or to have Mark for himself.

Finally, guess who would benefit from those many insurance policies if TS were to die? Not CWW, but Mark.

JMO and also MOO, oh and, BBM

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back