VA VA - Ralph Leon Jackson, Blue Ridge Parkway Shooter, 4 May 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have stated that I believe the genetic genealogy being used to identify suspects in crime cases is a flawed science. In is my opinion that there was a misidentification in the Golden State Killer case and the actual offender was a man called Ralph Leon Jackson. It is also my opinion that the FBI are aware of this. This to be has relevance in the case of Mr Talbott in Washington State which was again in my opinion generated by another misidentification through the use of flawed genetic genealogy science. Those using and championing this science do not understand it in my opinion so they cannot explain it. They do not understand how the mistakes have been made. As I say these things in my view are relevant to the defence of Mr Talbott and I do not think he received an adequate defence when the genetic genealogy evidence was not challenged by his lawyers:

Initially, the case was being heralded by an article in Wired as a novel legal fight that would “put genetic genealogy on trial.” Instead, the issue was resolved before the trial began, through a stipulation brought by the defense.

“Our position is that the genetic genealogy process and subsequent testing that they did was not relevant, because that was not used as evidence by law enforcement to arrest Mr. Talbott,” says Rachel Forde, one of two Snohomish County public defenders who worked Talbott’s case.

In Forde’s view, her client’s privacy and constitutional rights were not violated. Her team received the forensic genealogy reports from Parabon NanoLabs during discovery, the police did not break the terms of service of GEDmatch when pursuing the lead or use the genealogy report as probable cause for a warrant, and her client’s DNA was legally obtained.

Genealogy sites give law enforcement a new DNA sleuthing tool, but the battle over privacy looms

Here is a new page about investigative genetic genealogy:

Forensic genetics after Golden State Killer

Here from the above site appears to be a website encouraging people to enter their DNA into databases for LE to use. As I have stated on this thread I do not think the Golden State Killer case is over because investigative genetic genealogy was used to in my opinion misidentify an innocent man as the offender and the actual offender was a man called Ralph Leon Jackson. This to me has some relevance to the use of investigative genealogy and the use of it by private companies should as ParaBon Labs:

DNASolves

Here from the above site appears to be a website encouraging people to enter their DNA into databases for LE to use. As I have stated on this thread I do not think the Golden State Killer case is over because investigative genetic genealogy was used to in my opinion misidentify an innocent man as the offender and the actual offender was a man called Ralph Leon Jackson. This to me has some relevance to the use of investigative genealogy and the use of it by private companies should as ParaBon Labs:

DNASolves

I might be wrong but here appears to be a link to another company involved in the use of investigative genetic genealogy:

Othram | Justice Through Genomics

I might be wrong but here appears to be a link to another company involved in the use of investigative genetic genealogy:

Othram | Justice Through Genomics

As I have also stated on here I believe that the conviction of Mr Talbott in Washington State was a wrongful one so investigative genetic genealogy should in this case fallen at the first hurdle if all the relevant information in this case and other cases like the Golden State Killer case were available. If there are misidentifications I am sure it concerns the individuals involved and also their families if it does not appear to concern those who have not been caught up in any possible misidentification:

As someone who has put their own genotype into the public domain, I’m not super worried about privacy. Yaniv Erlich of MyHeritage was one of those aggressively asserting that he would be happy for people to solve violent crime with his genotype when the Golden State Killer was caught. Many of us feel that way, though not all of us.

DNASolves

Here are details of from the Website above on how you can upload DNA from other Websites into its database;

DNASolves

Here is a recently posted video from You Tube about investigative genetic genealogy:

Here is an interesting presentation about genetic genealogy and it has some information which has relevance to the way LE use investigative genetic genealogy to identify potential suspects in serious crime cases:

Here is another recent report about investigative genetic genealogy and its use by LE:

Genealogical databases are a goldmine for police | Critics cite few rules, little transparency

Here is part of the above article:

n California prosecutors collaborated with a Texas genealogy company at the outset of what became a $2 million campaign to spotlight the heinous crimes they can solve with consumer DNA. Their goal is to encourage more people to make their DNA available to police matching.

There are growing concerns that the race to use genealogical databases will have serious consequences, from its inherent erosion of privacy to the implications of broadened police power.

In Texas, police met search guidelines by classifying a case as sexual assault but after an arrest only filed charges of burglary. In Georgia, a mother was deceived into incriminating her son. In California, an innocent twin was thrown in jail. And in the county that started the DNA race with the arrest of the Golden State killer, prosecutors have persuaded a judge to treat unsuspecting genetic contributors as "confidential informants" and seal searches so consumers are not scared away from adding their own DNA to the forensic stockpile.

Here is part of the above article:

n California prosecutors collaborated with a Texas genealogy company at the outset of what became a $2 million campaign to spotlight the heinous crimes they can solve with consumer DNA. Their goal is to encourage more people to make their DNA available to police matching.

There are growing concerns that the race to use genealogical databases will have serious consequences, from its inherent erosion of privacy to the implications of broadened police power.

In Texas, police met search guidelines by classifying a case as sexual assault but after an arrest only filed charges of burglary. In Georgia, a mother was deceived into incriminating her son. In California, an innocent twin was thrown in jail. And in the county that started the DNA race with the arrest of the Golden State killer, prosecutors have persuaded a judge to treat unsuspecting genetic contributors as "confidential informants" and seal searches so consumers are not scared away from adding their own DNA to the forensic stockpile.

As I have said on this thread in the case that inspired the use of investigative genealogy there was actually a misidentification and the actual offender was a man called Ralph Leon Jackson. The FBI have been aware of this since 2010 in my opinion after his arrest in Virginia. In my opinion if the FBI are also aware that there was no scientifically legitimate DNA hit in the case of Mr Talbott in Washington State case where there was a trial. It is my view investigative genetic genealogy that has been adopted by LE is scientifically flawed and leads to misidentifications. Hence in the NorCal Rapist case there has been another misidentification of an innocent man as the offender in these cases when in reality these crimes could be seen as an extension of the East Area Rapist crimes as in my opinion Ralph Leon Jackson was again the offender in these crimes.

As I have said on this thread in the case that inspired the use of investigative genealogy there was actually a misidentification and the actual offender was a man called Ralph Leon Jackson. The FBI have been aware of this since 2010 in my opinion after his arrest in Virginia. In my opinion if the FBI are also aware that there was no scientifically legitimate DNA hit in the case of Mr Talbott in Washington State case where there was a trial. It is my view investigative genetic genealogy that has been adopted by LE is scientifically flawed and leads to misidentifications. Hence in the NorCal Rapist case there has been another misidentification of an innocent man as the offender in these cases when in reality these crimes could be seen as an extension of the East Area Rapist crimes as in my opinion Ralph Leon Jackson was again the offender in these crimes.

It is my opinion as I have stated about that the Sacramento DA Anne-Marie Schubert has been involved in a number of cases where innocent people have been wrongly accused of crimes including the Golden State Killer case where the actual offender was a man called Ralph Leon Jackson. In my opinion Sacramento LE repeated the same flawed investigative genetic genealogy to wrongly accuse another innocent man of Ralph Leon Jackson's crimes in the NorCal Rapist case and I would not bet on Sacramento LE having arrested another innocent man in another rape series. This to me is a very serious situation and I ask lawyers, concerned politicians and privacy groups to listen to what I say because I believe it is true. As we past Thanksgiving head to Christmas and the New Year innocent people and their families are suffering because of flawed investigative genealogy science. It needs to be said the FBI in my opinion have been aware that Joseph DeAngelo was not the offender and innocent from the day of his arrest and they have been aware that other innocent people have been wrongly accused of crimes they did not commit through the use of this same flawed investigative genetic genealogy:

Less than a month later, the Institute for DNA Justice was born.

The nonprofit has announced a $2 million campaign. Registration papers identify Schubert as its CEO and Ventura County District Attorney Greg Totten as chief financial officer. There is no direct link to FamilyTreeDNA, but inquiries by The Times to the law firm handling the papers were forwarded to FamilyTreeDNA's media relations firm. A spokeswoman for the media firm said its work for FamilyTreeDNA and the nonprofit are separate, though performed by the same people.

Genealogical databases are a goldmine for police | Critics cite few rules, little transparency

It is my opinion as I have stated about that the Sacramento DA Anne-Marie Schubert has been involved in a number of cases where innocent people have been wrongly accused of crimes including the Golden State Killer case where the actual offender was a man called Ralph Leon Jackson. In my opinion Sacramento LE repeated the same flawed investigative genetic genealogy to wrongly accuse another innocent man of Ralph Leon Jackson's crimes in the NorCal Rapist case and I would not bet on Sacramento LE having arrested another innocent man in another rape series. This to me is a very serious situation and I ask lawyers, concerned politicians and privacy groups to listen to what I say because I believe it is true. As we past Thanksgiving head to Christmas and the New Year innocent people and their families are suffering because of flawed investigative genealogy science. It needs to be said the FBI in my opinion have been aware that Joseph DeAngelo was not the offender and innocent from the day of his arrest and they have been aware that other innocent people have been wrongly accused of crimes they did not commit through the use of this same flawed investigative genetic genealogy:

Less than a month later, the Institute for DNA Justice was born.

The nonprofit has announced a $2 million campaign. Registration papers identify Schubert as its CEO and Ventura County District Attorney Greg Totten as chief financial officer. There is no direct link to FamilyTreeDNA, but inquiries by The Times to the law firm handling the papers were forwarded to FamilyTreeDNA's media relations firm. A spokeswoman for the media firm said its work for FamilyTreeDNA and the nonprofit are separate, though performed by the same people.

Again I believe it is my moral duty to state what I believe is the truth. Anne-Marie Schubert and Sacramento LE have not proved their investigative genetic genealogy in any court yet are funding this campaign. They have held what I consider to be an innocent man for over eighteen months and there has yet to be a plea despite of his health deterioration. The FBI have yet to do anything to rectify the mistakes because of flawed investigative genealogy and perhaps they will in the New Year and perhaps they will not this is out of my control but I can only do what I see as my moral duty and try to same what I see as the lives of innocent men and their families. Thank you.

Again I believe it is my moral duty to state what I believe is the truth. Anne-Marie Schubert and Sacramento LE have not proved their investigative genetic genealogy in any court yet are funding this campaign. They have held what I consider to be an innocent man for over eighteen months and there has yet to be a plea despite of his health deterioration. The FBI have yet to do anything to rectify the mistakes because of flawed investigative genealogy and perhaps they will in the New Year and perhaps they will not this is out of my control but I can only do what I see as my moral duty and try to same what I see as the lives of innocent men and their families. Thank you.

This situation is not good enough but as I say in my view Anne-Marie Schubert are not identifying the right suspect and the actual offender in the Golden State Killer case was a man called Ralph Leon Jackson, This is the most important point but again in my opinion it is just plain wrong that there are these developments with the use of investigative genetic genealogy without these facts being known:

Schubert's office is blocking disclosure of the DNA trail that led to the arrest of two accused serial rapists from the 1980s and 1990s. Her attorneys told one judge that secrecy must extend beyond the names of relatives whose DNA was examined to the names of the companies providing that information — keeping it secret even from defense lawyers.

Schubert's staff successfully argued such disclosure might "result in a backlash against that site resulting in a tightening of restrictions on the site or use of the site."

They added: "If individuals in society stop wanting to enter DNA in consumer genealogical databases for fear their privacy is not being protected, then law enforcement loses a powerful technique to solve crime."

This situation is not good enough but as I say in my view Anne-Marie Schubert are not identifying the right suspect and the actual offender in the Golden State Killer case was a man called Ralph Leon Jackson, This is the most important point but again in my opinion it is just plain wrong that there are these developments with the use of investigative genetic genealogy without these facts being known:

Schubert's office is blocking disclosure of the DNA trail that led to the arrest of two accused serial rapists from the 1980s and 1990s. Her attorneys told one judge that secrecy must extend beyond the names of relatives whose DNA was examined to the names of the companies providing that information — keeping it secret even from defense lawyers.

Schubert's staff successfully argued such disclosure might "result in a backlash against that site resulting in a tightening of restrictions on the site or use of the site."

They added: "If individuals in society stop wanting to enter DNA in consumer genealogical databases for fear their privacy is not being protected, then law enforcement loses a powerful technique to solve crime."

As I have stated it is my opinion that there has likely been other misidentifications in the other cases that Sacramento LE have used investigative genetic genealogy and this includes the NorCal Rapist case.

As I have stated it is my opinion that there has likely been other misidentifications in the other cases that Sacramento LE have used investigative genetic genealogy and this includes the NorCal Rapist case.

I again ask concerned people to read my posts and take what action they can because I have very serious concerns about the health of the innocent people that I believe have been wrongly accused through the use of flawed investigative genealogy.

I again ask concerned people to read my posts and take what action they can because I have very serious concerns about the health of the innocent people that I believe have been wrongly accused through the use of flawed investigative genealogy.

I again say that I believe LE do not understand the flaws in the genealogy science they are using and the fact they have accused the wrong people of crimes. As I have said the FBI are aware of what is happening and they have known the actual identity of the Golden State Killer Ralph Leon Jackson who was a very prolific Serial Killer for nearly a decade but have so far failed to identify him. So again I ask those who can to look at the fact in my opinion Anne-Marie Schubert has actually used flawed genetic genealogy she does not understand to wrongly accuse a number of people of crimes they did not commit including Joseph DeAngelo in the Golden State Killer case:

"It is probably one of the greatest revolutions, at least I would say, in my lifetime as a prosecutor," said Sacramento County District Attorney Ann Marie Schubert.

"But it is a difficult, evolving topic because there are privacy interests at stake and in an area that's unregulated."

I again say that I believe LE do not understand the flaws in the genealogy science they are using and the fact they have accused the wrong people of crimes. As I have said the FBI are aware of what is happening and they have known the actual identity of the Golden State Killer Ralph Leon Jackson who was a very prolific Serial Killer for nearly a decade but have so far failed to identify him. So again I ask those who can to look at the fact in my opinion Anne-Marie Schubert has actually used flawed genetic genealogy she does not understand to wrongly accuse a number of people of crimes they did not commit including Joseph DeAngelo in the Golden State Killer case:

"It is probably one of the greatest revolutions, at least I would say, in my lifetime as a prosecutor," said Sacramento County District Attorney Ann Marie Schubert.

"But it is a difficult, evolving topic because there are privacy interests at stake and in an area that's unregulated."

I say again in my opinion Anne-Marie Schubert's Sacramento LE were involved in a misidentification in the Golden State Killer case and the actual offender in this case was a man called Ralph Leon Jackson was the actual offender and hence again in my opinion the man with deteriorating health in the courtroom Joseph DeAngelo is innocent of the crimes Anne-Marie Schubert's department accused him of. Therefore this should be a factor in deciding what access LE have in accessing databases. This is my opinion but given that I believe Anne-Marie Schubert's department was involved in this I believe it is not appropriate for her to advocate that other people enter their DNA into databases when the Golden State Killer case has resulted for a great deal of suffering for an innocent man. As I say this is my opinion but I think it is very unprofessional and unethical:

Public records show Schubert and Orange County assistant prosecutor Jennifer Contini met on a Sunday in June with Bennett Greenspan, the CEO of FamilyTreeDNA. They sought his help in expanding the DNA available to police, including a campaign to convince consumers to share their genetic data.

"We both really feel that we ought to start an 'I'm in campaign'" Schubert wrote to Greenspan the next day. "Jennifer and I thought perhaps something like 'I'm in for Freedom and Safety' or 'I'm in for Safety and Freedom' might be an idea for a tag line."

I say again in my opinion Anne-Marie Schubert's Sacramento LE were involved in a misidentification in the Golden State Killer case and the actual offender in this case was a man called Ralph Leon Jackson was the actual offender and hence again in my opinion the man with deteriorating health in the courtroom Joseph DeAngelo is innocent of the crimes Anne-Marie Schubert's department accused him of. Therefore this should be a factor in deciding what access LE have in accessing databases. This is my opinion but given that I believe Anne-Marie Schubert's department was involved in this I believe it is not appropriate for her to advocate that other people enter their DNA into databases when the Golden State Killer case has resulted for a great deal of suffering for an innocent man. As I say this is my opinion but I think it is very unprofessional and unethical:

Public records show Schubert and Orange County assistant prosecutor Jennifer Contini met on a Sunday in June with Bennett Greenspan, the CEO of FamilyTreeDNA. They sought his help in expanding the DNA available to police, including a campaign to convince consumers to share their genetic data.

"We both really feel that we ought to start an 'I'm in campaign'" Schubert wrote to Greenspan the next day. "Jennifer and I thought perhaps something like 'I'm in for Freedom and Safety' or 'I'm in for Safety and Freedom' might be an idea for a tag line."

I am very sorry for the victims of crimes and of course serious ones like rape and murder and have spent years trying to get the victims relatives in the EAR/ONS case told what I believe to be the truth. In light of what I have said above their must be questions over the continued use of investigative genetic genealogy without the US Public being given what I believe to be all the facts. Here is another case where investigative genetic genealogy has recently been used to identify a possible suspect:

Police: Man who murdered Salisbury teen in 1984 has been identified

As I have said I want to see criminals caught and justice for victims families. However I have to say again in my opinion the private company ParaBon Labs have been involved in a number of cases where they have used investigative genetic genealogy and the wrong person has been identified as the offender. Here is a recent report which appears to be about another private company that is becoming involved in the growing field of investigative genetic genealogy:

Innovative Forensic DNA

Jennifer Moore, an investigative genetic genealogist and licensed private investigator, and Christa Stalcup, a leading expert in the field of genetic genealogy, have assembled a team of experts in legal, law enforcement, victim advocacy and investigations to offer support critical to law enforcement agencies that leads to identifying potential victims or suspects in violent crimes, whether they be active or cold cases.' data-reactid="24">Co-founders Jennifer Moore, an investigative genetic genealogist and licensed private investigator, and Christa Stalcup, a leading expert in the field of genetic genealogy, have assembled a team of experts in legal, law enforcement, victim advocacy and investigations to offer support critical to law enforcement agencies that leads to identifying potential victims or suspects in violent crimes, whether they be active or cold cases.

Jennifer Moore. "Because of the legal and investigative backgrounds of our team, we can offer services especially suited to law enforcement and bring the power of collaboration to solve cases and bring closure to the families and victims of crime."' data-reactid="25">"Our mission is to collaborate personally, one-on-one, throughout the investigative genetic genealogy process with law enforcement agencies," says co-founder Jennifer Moore. "Because of the legal and investigative backgrounds of our team, we can offer services especially suited to law enforcement and bring the power of collaboration to solve cases and bring closure to the families and victims of crime."

Innovative Forensic DNA LLC Launches as an Investigative Genetic Genealogy Provider

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member