Mark Sievers Trial General Discussion Thread

I might be wrong, but I think she meant it as to why they’re STILL paying her. Yes, I could understand paying for her return flights and lodging, and some initial move in/living expenses, but after 4 years she should’ve been able to find her own source of employment.
I'd like to know how much AW has received from CWW's disability checks while he has now been incarcerated for years.

Judgement of Aquitall - denied.

Mummert's a dreadful orator. I think he said the majority of the DT's witnesses are recalls from the State, did I hear that right?

Didn't hear what the five witnesses would cover. I thought I heard that one or some of the witnesses would entail in-depth insurance subject matter. He kind of hinted long, tedious, dry. What about some of those other witnesses on that attachment posted back thread? Anyone know more?

Wouldn’t CWW have access to her work calendar? That’s one way he’d know when she’s returning without involving MS.

The checks could’ve been for work done, or just to help a friend.

I don’t know. There’s so much that it “could be” and without the state proving or linking MS
definitively, I don’t see how they’ve completed their burden.

GLARING POINT ON TIMING AND CONSPIRACY with MS providing detailed info on when the hired murderers could accurately expect their victim to arrive home.
MS only insisted on TS calling him from the airport to let him know she landed safely as opposed to calling when she was actually at home - like most of us normal folks. So much can happen between being "safe" at the airport to being "safe", house alarmed, shoes kicked off, cocoa in hand and tucked in at home.

Opinion is that he set it up so that "if something happened to Mommie" her children would have a good memory of her as their last communication with her. He made one daughter write her mom an apology on a paper plate and put it in her purse or luggage or something for TS' trip home, and had TS and the girls all pray together at the side of the road before she reached the "safety of home" and her brutal death.

How twisted is MS? Rhetorical because we all know.

GLARING POINT ON TIMING AND CONSPIRACY with MS providing detailed info on when the hired murderers could accurately expect their victim to arrive home.
MS only insisted on TS calling him from the airport to let him know she landed safely as opposed to calling when she was actually at home - like most of us normal folks. So much can happen between being "safe" at the airport to being "safe", house alarmed, shoes kicked off, cocoa in hand and tucked in at home.

Opinion is that he set it up so that "if something happened to Mommie" her children would have a good memory of her as their last communication with her. He made one daughter write her mom an apology on a paper plate and put it in her purse or luggage or something for TS' trip home, and had TS and the girls all pray together at the side of the road before she reached the "safety of home" and her brutal death.

How twisted is MS? Rhetorical because we all know.

I do have a sharp memory! Thank You. I asked about the paper plate and side of the road back in this thread. The paper plate, I thought maybe it was just my vivid imagination.

Mark is an awful human being.

I do have a sharp memory! Thank You. I asked about the paper plate and side of the road back in this thread. The paper plate, I thought maybe it was just my vivid imagination.

Mark is an awful human being.
CuriousMe: You DO have a sharp memory! Man, it's tough in this case because there is so much evidence and information!

Found a mention in article:More documents, photos, evidence released in Sievers murder case
"Included in her luggage was a paper plate her daughters used to write their mother a note. The older daughter wrote: "I am sorry I wasn't behaving. I promise I will do better. I love you. God will guide you. The younger daughter wrote: "I am sorry for the way I was acting. I love (you and) hope you have a good trip.""

After listening to that diatribe the defense just spewed...
They better prove why those 2 guys decided to kill TS on their own.
I mean? What juror would go...oh,okay that could happen.

MOO

Problem is, Defense doesn't have to tell why or who. Innocent until PROVEN guilty. THAT is what they are counting on.

I am having a hard time getting to guilty of murder as I don't see clear linkage. But, I can see him as getting a "guilty" on conspiracy.

~Do I think the state proved the CWW and MS had conversations re: killing TS? Yes. On the night before the wedding and at the wedding.
~Do I think that CWW was clear that MS wanted the murder committed but not wanting the details? Yes.
~The conspiracy was born with the conversation and the buying of the burner phones. Also, the code word "other" was convincing.
~CWW had no real connection to TS according to the friends who testified. Why would he kill her? He didn't rely on her money or anything, but MS did.
~CWW testified that MS feared for the girls if TS left him. CWW said MS said she was having an affair. MS was going to lose his lifestyle.
~CWW knew when she was to return through MS and that the girls would not be with her.
~CWW knew the code through MS. Although MS gave the code to the doctor, it has not been proven that CWW would have gotten the code any other way than MS.
~The life insurance came up twice as far as I can see- once with CWW as payment, and once with the friend on the day after she was murdered when MS visited the hotel.
~MS not believing his friend did is one thing but wanting him to work on the server from jail and defending him to the family and friends is totally incriminating. Too much evidence evolved to think that his friend just took a trip to the area the weekend he was gone and just happened to be in the area when TS was killed. Why would he keep defending CWW if there was no fear about a connection to himself?
~I think the jurors will see that he was trying to get rid of his wife but won't buy that he is equally guilty of murder. I think that CWW made sure of that. Once again, CWW left gaps and information out either by choice or "brain injury" but I can't believe the brain injury. I think he connected himself to MS but not enough to have it convince anyone, just like he did with JRR. This is a cold calculating bunch. Maybe MS had the good on CWW about the other murders? Seems like the brothers from other mothers are inherently slimy pigs who would do what they needed to do to cover for each other.

SHE WAS NOT PAID FOR HER TESTIMONY.

It came from a State approved & subsidized Witness Assistance Program. Participation requires meeting a hardship criteria. You’re free to have an opinion but you are not permitted to keep characterizing it as something it is not to further your narrative.

I'm repeating myself - as a resident of the state of FL and Lee County, I think she wasn't paid enough and I have no problem with monies she received.

She was in bed when her (then) man confessed to killing an innocent woman with a hammer. She's made some questionable life choices but when it came down to it, she told LE because it was "the right thing to do" and I give her tons of credit for that alone. All IMO

I hope to God the defense doesn't have any evidence of anything sexual between CWW and TS. I can't believe MS wouldn't have documented it, and I can't believe prosecutors wouldn't have asked CWW about that before finalizing the plea deal, but... I worry something's out there. Anything like that and Mark would walk for sure.

I hope they add lessers during jury instructions.

What a contrast to the Frazee (Barreth) trial. Dan May's prosecution needs to be taught in law schools.
You are right. Dan May did an excellent job in proving the murder of Kelsey Berreth. And it was a much more difficult case to prove.

SHE WAS NOT PAID FOR HER TESTIMONY.

It came from a State approved & subsidized Witness Assistance Program. Participation requires meeting a hardship criteria. You’re free to have an opinion but you are not permitted to keep characterizing it as something it is not to further your narrative.

And for anyone questioning why she still may be receiving assistance, she lives in another state. Travel and lodging is required for everyone who travels long distances to testify in any trial. Not everyone can afford it on their own. Defense witnesses can also apply for financial aid. Travel Request forms, Indigent Defense Services...

Head up, not trying to be sneaky: I edited the sentence below to add the words are the only ones who "get paid" for their testimony -

Expert Witnesses are the only ones who "get paid" for their testimony and they're definitely not indigent. Arias trial had a buttload of paid witnesses for the defense.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back