Mark Sievers Trial General Discussion Thread

… snipped...Found a mention in article: More documents, photos, evidence released in Sievers murder case
"Included in her luggage was a paper plate her daughters used to write their mother a note. The older daughter wrote: "I am sorry I wasn't behaving. I promise I will do better. I love you. God will guide you. The younger daughter wrote: "I am sorry for the way I was acting. I love (you and) hope you have a good trip.""

At CWW's wedding, Mark introduced himself to Lubinski's fiancé, Sundaye Harrison three times. That was a stupid move.

Those poor daughters will be haunted now by their minor misbehaving and the memories of that Mark instilled in them probably for his own benefit. I don't know, was he capable of loving his children?

Problem is, Defense doesn't have to tell why or who. Innocent until PROVEN guilty. THAT is what they are counting on.

I agree with you that the defense does not have the burden here. The prosecution does. MS has issues that his defense has to reframe. It doesn't make sense that a man and his friend decided out of the blue to kill a person they only tangentially knew, especially if they had no money to get from "home" to Bonita Springs. It doesn't make sense that MS didn't get really angry and loud about his best friend since middle school killing his wife. It doesn't make sense that MS never asked DR. P what happened except to ask if it was a burglary. It doesn't make sense that MS had the girls call mommy before she got home that night. It doesn't make sense that CWW knew when she would arrive home. It doesn't make sense that he stated that all the police wanted to do was to pin the action on his friend to get to him. It doesn't make sense that MS had a burner phone the same time that CWW had one. These little non-sensical moments are just a few that if unanswered can lead a jury to see conspiracy.

I do wish that the prosecution had handled this differently because I think they lost an edge that they might have had if they had introduced their witnesses better. The Heather Elvis case (a case with even less evidence) was well done by the prosecuting team and the convictions were won on the way they presented and tied the evidence together. I was non-plussed with this prosecuting team at the JRR trial and am less impressed in this trial.

I'm repeating myself - as a resident of the state of FL and Lee County, I think she wasn't paid enough and I have no problem with monies she received.

She was in bed when her (then) man confessed to killing an innocent woman with a hammer. She's made some questionable life choices but when it came down to it, she told LE because it was "the right thing to do" and I give her tons of credit for that alone. All IMO

Totally agree.

CWW was a dodgy character before this and possibly (most likely) involved in another's disappearance back in MO. Taylor had to have been scared of potential associates of his - and Rogers' - getting to her. In her place, I might have asked for witness protection. She got a drop in the ocean compared to what it would have cost for WP.

Does everyone think the defense will call CWW back? What could they want him to testify to that they weren't able to get to on cross?

I do. I think they want to try and intimate that AW had something to do with this and create a distance from MS. I further think that this has been CWW's strategy all along. He knew he would go to jail but got no insurance that MS would go down for this with him. I think they had some deal all along. Everything that CWW has said and done is vague--- the ask to kill her vague, the re-ask vague (except the hot dog issue), the lack of conversation details with JRR, the lack of specificity of the texts between him and MS, the bags at the back of the car with clothes they wore to kill TS, where JRR put his killing clothes, the Garmin, and on and on. JRR was definitely not under his control.

(IMO, I have long believed that CWW had hoped to pin the biggest part of this on JRR. If JRR had not gone rogue then, CWW could say that he had decided not to kill her and that they were only supposed to rob the house and got caught in the act---50 k in the house. He could theorize that MS agreed to have them steal money from an insurance scheme or the like. And, JRR would go down for murder but the evidence mounted up to quick against the two of them.)

I wonder if JRR will be called to throw CWW under the bus and distance MS from it all. JRR might be able to testify that CWW never told him about MS plotting (TayS talked about money that he would receive and the lawyer for JRR was there with a smile today) or money or why kill TS except CWW asked him to do a robbery on the Siever's home.

The Very Honorable Bruce Kyle

Judge Kyle is the coolest, most even-keeled judge I've ever seen. The man is highly intelligent. He can see through the muck. He was meant to do this. Judge Kyle is kind and considerate of his entire court. Even when he recites instructions to the jurors (which he's probably done a million-plus times), he always sounds fresh and happy to do it. God bless his dear heart. What a WONDERFUL judge!

Daniele Berardelli, long time best friend of Teresa's, testified that she reminded Mark about that big insurance policy on Teresa that he had told her about before. The girls would be taken care of by the money from that policy. Mark acted like he forgot all about that big insurance policy. Give me a break!

He was trying to say he was worried about the future and money because he didn't have a job. (MOO, he probably did worry about these things if Teresa left him, so he conspired to have her killed.) Mentioned maybe going back to nursing. Boo hoo, the poor grieving husband act. We know he's just a terrible fake at grieving and Daniele saw that. Come on, he certainly knew he had millions in insurance on Teresa... no body forgets that.

Is there anyway to use that and the G*F acct asking for big bucks to reveal his absolute greed to the jurors?

Does everyone think the defense will call CWW back? What could they want him to testify to that they weren't able to get to on cross?

Ooh, maybe. :thinking: I do wonder if they'll call Angie Wright - see what she knew before her husband left the state to commit murder. She knew something, because she lied to her husband's son about CWW not feeling well enough to babysit (he was already out of state at that time)

Someone named Ms. Lyon or Lyons was mentioned as needing to be deposed before the defense calls her as a witness and they need time for that.

Defense also said that there will be testimony of "trusts" - not sure if that pertains to Ms. Lyon/s.

This is just so curious that the attorney is specifically Death Qualified (is that the term? Or I think it's the title of an excellent book I read 2002), but doesn't come off as particularly prepared, polished or confident. I hope he's not setting up some sort of *cough* appeal regarding counsel...

Ooh, maybe. :thinking: I do wonder if they'll call Angie Wright - see what she knew before her husband left the state to commit murder. She knew something, because she lied to her husband's son about CWW not feeling well enough to babysit (he was already out of state at that time)

Someone named Ms. Lyon or Lyons was mentioned as needing to be deposed before the defense calls her as a witness and they need time for that.

Defense also said that there will be testimony of "trusts" - not sure if that pertains to Ms. Lyon/s.

This is just so curious that the attorney is specifically Death Qualified (is that the term? Or I think it's the title of an excellent book I read 2002), but doesn't come off as particularly prepared, polished or confident. I hope he's not setting up some sort of *cough* appeal regarding counsel...

Ms. Lyons is an attorney and I think the only "new" person who will be called. MM said almost all of the witnesses will be recalls for the purpose of entering evidence (did he say exhibits?) in that was not entered in by the State.

The Death qualified Attorney has not spoken yet. He's at the side table on defense side. rarely seen.

I am going to be on Tay Sho's team. We all have skeletons in our closet and she took a side which led LE to the 3 monsters. Ppl need to giver her a break re the compensation from the victim fund and other things. She did very well today on the stand. Testifying in court is not an easy thing so.... JMO

Ms. Lyons is an attorney and I think the only "new" person who will be called. MM said almost all of the witnesses will be recalls for the purpose of entering evidence (did he say exhibits?) in that was not entered in by the State.
Thank you!

I might have missed this today.
Did TaySho specifically say in this trial that JRR told her he was going to get $10,000, for going down to Florida to kill TS, from MS once the insurance money came through??? It seemed this trial that CWW backed off on saying exact amounts promised.

How old are the girls now?

If he gets off, I hope they can decide if they want to see him. I hope that they would not want anything to do with him. But, I assume they may love him and think he had nothing to do with killing their mother.

If he got off, would he get the money?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back