The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Charles is planning to strip back the royal family to just him, William, Harry, their wives and children when he becomes king in wake of Prince Andrew's scandal.

Charles, 71, wants to cut down on the number of working royals.

The heir to the throne has long been reported to want to slim down the royal family, but Andrew's scandal is believed to have accelerated his plans, reports The Daily Star.

The Prince of Wales met his father Prince Philip at Sandringham last week where the pair are believed to have discussed the Queen's 'retirement' in the next 18 months.

Prince Charles to cut royal family to just him William Harry wives and children after Andrew scandal | Daily Mail Online

View attachment 218432 View attachment 218433

It is very sad to think of Her Majesty standing down but I do hope she has a few years to enjoy doing what she wants to after decades of public service.
I agree she deserves her own enjoyment but on the other hand, her life of service may be contributing to her longevity. Perhaps stopping may not be in her best interest but scaling back might be more "fun" for her.

So nice to see you Keine Engel :)

Our keeper of the twinkly tiaras and so much more is back!

You’ve been missed!
O1dv.gif
Thank you!

:D I'm not even gonna ask what happened here ... but with all the recent 'Royal News' I think I can guess - lol

;) This little gem is just for you
images
:p

I agree she deserves her own enjoyment but on the other hand, her life of service may be contributing to her longevity. Perhaps stopping may not be in her best interest but scaling back might be more "fun" for her.
I agree.
When thinking about this situation it dawned on me it would be a similar role to that of The Queen Mother or Queen Mary (but without the heartbreak of losing her hubbie)
They were both adored & thought of as 'Queens' by the public for many, many years long after they stepped back from the 'throne' o_O

84f798223c956cd7377550499602070e.jpg

Queen Mary & the (then) Duchess of York at Balmoral
(?
no idea when ?)
:p - & you all know I couldn't miss an opportunity to post a pic of Queen M.

Fit for the Queen! Windsor Castle’s Drawing Room and St George’s Chapel are decked out with 20ft Nordmann Fir trees from Windsor Great Park – complete with crown baubles

Staff decorate Windsor Castle's Drawing Room and St George's Chapel with 20ft Nordmann Fir trees | Daily Mail Online

View attachment 218327 View attachment 218328 View attachment 218329 View attachment 218330 View attachment 218331

These decorations are beautiful.

Wow! That looks amazing. I feel sorry for the people decorating those trees though....I hate doing my little five foot tree!

O.k. I'm a bit late with this ... Sorry :oops:

The Queen and Prince Philip's best photos as they celebrate 72nd wedding anniversary :eek:

The royal couple tied the knot in 1947
the-queen-and-prince-philip-engaged-main-photo-a.jpg
The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh celebrated their 72nd wedding anniversary on 20 November, so we're taking a look at some of the most defining moments in their relationship.
When the Queen met her dashing war hero Prince Philip of Greece and Denmark, she was a young Princess Elizabeth, heiress to the British throne.

...with every stage of their courtship eagerly followed by an adoring public.
After tying the knot on 20 November 1947, the Princess described her husband in letters to her parents and her cousin as "an angel" and "the best and nicest man in the world".
Meanwhile, Philip said ahead of the wedding: "I am sure that I do not deserve all the good things that have happened to me… to have fallen in love, completely and unreservedly."

Let's take a look at some of their sweetest moments…

queen-6-a.jpg
Prince Philip leans over the Queen's shoulder as they look at their wedding photos together while on their honeymoon.
queen-16-a.jpg
The royal couple with their four children Princess Anne, Prince Andrew, Prince Edward and Prince Charles in 1972.

queen-1-a.jpg

The couple share a laugh as they say goodbye to the Irish President Michael D. Higgins and his wife Sabina at Windsor Castle in 2014.
queen-2-a.jpg

The royal pair show their Team GB spirit as they watch the England vs Wales women's hockey match for the 20th Commonwealth Games in 2014.

Hello!

:)

d25aca7082060eb08ec3beb23dda2966.gif

:D Bonus pic. coz I just love this pic.
gettyimages-57098573-1529943113.jpg
JANUARY 2005
Queen Elizabeth giggles as she walks past Prince Philip, who is dressed in uniform at Buckingham Palace.

;) OMG...Brit-Bonus

Who can name this lady with HM here?
gettyimages-143671284-1529442258.jpg

Bonus pics from link
- NO CHEATING @gregjrichards & @CoverMeCagney :cool:

The monarch has quite the sense of humor.

Rumours are RIFE that this was dumb/smart-a___/misinterpretation of some news report-code due to the words 'London Bridge' & 'Fallen' within the headline?

Or...One of numerous Election Conspiracies/Devious delaying-plot (take your pick, whichever party you support - lol)

Or...It could just be a major Troll :rolleyes:

<snipped by me>

The concept that it could relate to "London Bridge" seems possible as that is supposed to be the codephrase that would be used in the event of the Queen's death (which I hope won't be for many years yet!)

The news will ripple out quietly and secretly with civil servants saying 'London Bridge is down' in secure messages and telephone conversations.

Previous code names for other royal deaths include 'Hyde Park Corner' for George VI and 'Tay Bridge' for both the Queen Mother's and Princess Diana's funeral plans.

The 27 things to happen in London when the Queen dies

And maybe she wants to give Charles the chance IMO. idk

Last edited:
Our Sophie quietly continues in her Royal role:

Sophie Countess of Wessex Spent her Day Playing With Children

“She’s so lovely and she made us all feel at ease,” Matthew’s dad David said of Sophie. “It was just so normal and she was just playing with him like any child, which is what you want... For someone of such importance to recognize what good this place does is great. I think it’s great for everybody to see it.”

RBBM

Earlier in the day, the Countess also visited the Sylva Foundation, which supports Britain’s trees and woodlands. She tried her hand at "planing" a piece of wood using a “razor-sharp” hand plane. Head of the Wood School Joe Bray, who demonstrated the technique, said of the visit: “It’s obviously nice for someone with her stature to lend her support to the type work we’re doing.”

At the site the Countess also opened the House of Wessex project which is a reconstruction of an Anglo-Saxon era building.

I <3 Sophie!!!

<snipped by me>

The concept that it could relate to "London Bridge" seems possible as that is supposed to be the codephrase that would be used in the event of the Queen's death (which I hope won't be for many years yet!)
Yeah I thought that at first but when I realised the message was on a WhatsApp ARMY group chat it seems ridiculous they'd be given that much notice a day prior to an announcement. It could possibly be it was an assumption from some headline BUT I cannot imagine any member of the British Army NOT being fully aware of Friday's 'incident' on London Bridge?! :confused:

Whoever this "Gibbo" is (& his mates) if they are in the British Army they are in BIG TROUBLE!
'Take him to the Tower!' lads :D
istock-647691786-640x468.jpg

I <3 Sophie!!!:D
Just for you...

HEIR THIS Sophie Wessex is the Queen’s ‘favourite’ and she’s ‘trusted’ in ways Kate and Camilla aren’t

NINTCHDBPICT000520411705.jpg

Sophie Wessex is said to be The Queen’s favourite daughter-in-law, according to royal aides

:cool:
Beware it's The Sun

Sophie Countess of Wessex Spent her Day Playing With Children

“She’s so lovely and she made us all feel at ease,” Matthew’s dad David said of Sophie. “It was just so normal and she was just playing with him like any child, which is what you want... For someone of such importance to recognize what good this place does is great. I think it’s great for everybody to see it.”

RBBM

Earlier in the day, the Countess also visited the Sylva Foundation, which supports Britain’s trees and woodlands. She tried her hand at "planing" a piece of wood using a “razor-sharp” hand plane. Head of the Wood School Joe Bray, who demonstrated the technique, said of the visit: “It’s obviously nice for someone with her stature to lend her support to the type work we’re doing.”

At the site the Countess also opened the House of Wessex project which is a reconstruction of an Anglo-Saxon era building.

I <3 Sophie!!!
I hope she won’t be excluded in PCs plan of scaling back the royal family duties to just his sons? I think she’s done a marvelous job for the monarchy
JMO

@Keine Engel I noted your absence coincidentally occurred around the time of a royal jewel heist in Germany

Fears stolen Dresden jewels may be lost forever

o_O

I'm going to be even more suspicious if you start talking about the diamond encrusted sword you "got in the black Friday sales"
OH...MY...GOD! :mad:
It was from the Grünes Gewölbe!!*
uid250_eck_kabinett.jpg
I hadn't even heard about this :confused:
How on earth...??? I would've thought that place would be like Fort Knox to get into?!

:(
Diamond-encrusted swords and intricately designed brooches stolen from a former royal palace in Germany may never be seen again, experts warn.

The items, part of a collection created in 1723 by Saxony's ruler, Augustus the Strong, are so recognisable that thieves are likely to break them up.

191128-dresden-heist-mc-10013_a7266a7ae213b2f714515de095115919.JPG
Artworks taken from the Dresden Green Vault* are described as "priceless".

* This is the place we discussed a while back when @Lilibet told us the fabulous tale of her Grandfather & M. Elimeyer of Dresden which started the Fantastic Fabergé Easter-Egg Hunt
436217_1556132771-850x550_width_50.jpg
Which then lead to the...
'Hunt for the Elusive Deer Tooth Diadem' !!

royal-dearhead-jpg.218518

source.gif
I bet that's what they were really after :p

Attachments

• Royal Dearhead.jpg
    Royal Dearhead.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 282
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online