Australia Australia - Theo Hayez, 18, Belgian backpacker, Byron Bay, June 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the concentration around the headland, Watego & Clarke’s a red herring, like the Shirley Street cctv footage?

How strong is the chance that the police search area of the headland, Watego & Clarke’s is accurate?
I'd say it's based on the best available information and the most likely scenario.
The Shirley St footage was something solid and promising to go on. It was a lead.

George Maloukis (who was then and is now again in MSM) was searching at Tallow Beach with the team and Laurent on the day the cap was found. He was standing right next to Laurent when a photo of the cap was sent to Laurent and Laurent showed GM the photo of the cap on his phone. Laurent immediately went to where the cap was. The girl who found that cap took GM to the exact spot where she found the cap same day. Here are 2 photos. One is of the campsite just a few metres away from where the cap was found, the other of the exact spot where cap was found (as shown to GM by the girl who found it, next to the log). You can see in this second photo a bit of the campsite in the background. Do Theo and whomever he was with, came close to Tommy’s campsite. The team at this south end were retracing Theo’s steps as Theo was going in to Tallows Beach, so the cap could not have been lost on the way out. It really is a stretch to think Theo would go back exactly the same way he went in, through thick bush and then mistakenly again go near this campsite. This campsite is on the same side as the abandoned campsite where the POI was. Tommy is not a suspect in any way, nor has anyone implied that he is or was. It is clear he is NOT a suspect. While some of you very clearly dislike GM, it does not change the fact that he was there that day, he knows exactly where the cap was and where the campsite is in relation to that cap. GM who was there that day. He asked me to post this information regarding the cap.

Attachments

• Location of cap near campsite.jpg
    Location of cap near campsite.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 240
George Maloukis (who was then and is now again in MSM) was searching at Tallow Beach with the team and Laurent on the day the cap was found. He was standing right next to Laurent when a photo of the cap was sent to Laurent and Laurent showed GM the photo of the cap on his phone. Laurent immediately went to where the cap was. The girl who found that cap took GM to the exact spot where she found the cap same day. Here are 2 photos. One is of the campsite just a few metres away from where the cap was found, the other of the exact spot where cap was found (as shown to GM by the girl who found it, next to the log). You can see in this second photo a bit of the campsite in the background. Do Theo and whomever he was with, came close to Tommy’s campsite. The team at this south end were retracing Theo’s steps as Theo was going in to Tallows Beach, so the cap could not have been lost on the way out. It really is a stretch to think Theo would go back exactly the same way he went in, through thick bush and then mistakenly again go near this campsite. This campsite is on the same side as the abandoned campsite where the POI was. Tommy is not a suspect in any way, nor has anyone implied that he is or was. It is clear he is NOT a suspect. While some of you very clearly dislike GM, it does not change the fact that he was there that day, he knows exactly where the cap was and where the campsite is in relation to that cap. GM who was there that day. He asked me to post this information regarding the cap.

Could you please remove the pic of the camp from your post (1st pic)? Before the edit function times out. Otherwise we will need to call it to the attention of a mod so they can do it.

We are not allowed to post photos of people's homes on this site, for their privacy reasons.
I am sure George wouldn't like a pic of his home posted on a public forum.

Why not put an X on a map and post it here as your/George's opinion of where the cap was found? That would not breach TOS.

Last edited:
That second photo, the one with the log. There doesn’t seem to be to many overhanging branches that would take a cap off someone’s head. Also it’s quite open, it’s nothing like I thought would be where a cap could be taken off and then not found.

This just doesn’t seem to be a place his hat would ‘come off’ and not be found, to not even stop and look for it in such an open area seems illogical to me.

Could you please remove the pic of the camp from your post (1st pic)? Before the edit function times out. Otherwise we will need to call it to the attention of a mod so they can do it.

We are not allowed to post photos of people's homes on this site, for their privacy reasons.
I am sure George wouldn't like a pic of his home posted on a public forum.

Why not put an X on a map and post it here as your/George's opinion of where the cap was found? That would not breach TOS.
Don't know how to remove it. As he was in the podcast I thought the pic was Ok to post.

That second photo, the one with the log. There doesn’t seem to be to many overhanging branches that would take a cap off someone’s head. Also it’s quite open, it’s nothing like I thought would be where a cap could be taken off and then not found.

This just doesn’t seem to be a place his hat would ‘come off’ and not be found, to not even stop and look for it in such an open area seems illogical to me.
There are to the left of the photo. Remember too the cap was found some weeks later after lots of rain, wind etc, so could also have moved. If you look at the pi of the actual cap, you can see its near the log, just a close up, not a view of the entire thing

I meant pic. GM was there at the beach and the girl who found it took him to the exact spot. The group later discussed it. GM called me and sent me the pics that day. I just needed to ask him if Ok to post.

Talk of Theo’s hat has reminded me of a funny story.

I once went hiking during the day with a friend who is taller than me. I was leading the walk through a trail of coastal bush, much like Byron.

I passed under a particular tree without trouble. My friend who was following me, saw me walk normally and assumed there was no issues up ahead, so when he followed me past the same tree, he got smacked in the face by a prickly tree branch.

To anyone watching, it was a bit Laurel and Hardy, hehehe.

So, maybe whoever led Theo into the bush WAS SHORTER THAN HIM??!!

Yet for whatever reason, Theo was obviously not in a position to stop and pick up his hat.

Would this data show phones that were on in houses and phones that were on 'hanging around' in the street/park/YAC area? Seems like this would identify a handful of people worth talking to.

If so then how could we start a petition to help Mr. Gamble the PI get this info?

I dont believe Gamble could obtain this data? due to privacy IMO

The image ceretus posted is very interesting! I didn’t realise the path they took was that close to Tommy’s.

Also, notice or the logs on the ground.

My first thought is that Theo was watching the ground so as not to trip, not noticing overhanging branches, thus getting his hat swiped off.

I imagine whoever Theo was with didn’t let him stop and search for the hat, wanting to avoid making noise and flashing the light all over the place, and probably pushed Theo along quickly so as not to alert Tommy they were there.

Last edited by a moderator:

None of this information is verified information so we can only take it as speculation

Th

this photo is not where the hat was found. And the person who found it did not take George there that day as she went straight off to her birthday lunch afterwards. You’re stating things you think are facts and they’re not.

Talk of Theo’s hat has reminded me of a funny story.

I once went hiking during the day with a friend who is taller than me. I was leading the walk through a trail of coastal bush, much like Byron.

I passed under a particular tree without trouble. My friend who was following me, saw me walk normally and assumed there was no issues up ahead, so when he followed me past the same tree, he got smacked in the face by a prickly tree branch.

To anyone watching, it was a bit Laurel and Hardy, hehehe.

So, maybe whoever led Theo into the bush WAS SHORTER THAN HIM??!!

Yet for whatever reason, Theo was obviously not in a position to stop and pick up his hat.

You raise a very good point on the height here.

That’s because it’s not where the hat was found. I’m getting annoyed with people posting incorrect second hand info based on what GM has said. It’s not fair to the people in this group who are trying to help.

I'd say it's based on the best available information and the most likely scenario.
The Shirley St footage was something solid and promising to go on. It was a lead.

Yeah I understand it’s relevance at the time (the cctv and the search) but the cctv is now irrelevant. Is the search area not quite precede too?

Should the search area also be encompassing the rest of the 60 deg area?

So a body found Byron Bay bushland and was confirmed yesterday that it wasn’t Theo. However the limited news coverage is paywalled. Does anyone have access to articles? What do they say? Are there any similarities or or relevance to Theo’s case?

Hi certus, Happy for George to give us info and insight, but from now on, it’s best if he does so directly.

The rules of the thread are that if you are providing trustworthy info that hasn’t been released by LE and MSM, because you are connected to case somehow, then you need to sign up and be verified as a trustworthy source.

You won’t be able to do it for George I’m afraid, unless you get verified yourself. However you may not qualify if you weren’t there and only getting the info secondhand.

Otherwise whatever you say, even if on behalf of George, will need to follow the same rules as the rest of our posts... pure speculation, we have to disclaim as IMO, and we’re not allowed to claim as fact without links to MSM.

Sorry certus, them the rules, for obvious reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member