GUILTY Ireland - Anastasia Kriegel, 14, Found deceased, Lucan, Co Dublin, 14 May 2018 *minors arrested*

Just not right...They're sexual predators and murderers and the public should be warned. MOO
One of them actually did all the raping and mutdering, the other one was just there for some of it. A 13 year old may not have the maturity to process what the right thing to do after witnessing something brutal.

It seems futile for the judge to give them lifelong anonymity, they will have to change identities anyway as soon as they are released.

I agree with you about boy A. I disagree with you about boy B, he led her to her death, watched her cry, scream and beg for her life and did nothing. Watched boy a batter Ana with a concrete brick and stick then sexually assault her and just stood back and watched. Then went home as normal, watched Netflix and failed to tell anyone what happened, or even try and get her some help. She was left to rot for 3 days in that dirty old house and he knew all along where she was, he lied through his teeth to Gardaí multiple times And changed his story Only when they presented new evidence that contradicted what he’d said. He may not have physically harmed her but he 100% played a part in her murder and He fully deserves his 8 years.

I really think it is possible that boy b did not know boy a was actually going to attack Ana.
Yes there was a message about it but teenagers do tend to often tell tall stories and he may not have taken in seriously.

We can all agree boy a is evil. If boy b was also a total psycho he would have been smart enough to keep his mouth shut in interviews and he probably then would have been cleared of murder. His complete stupidity in telling lies in his interviews were what convicted him but he was acting so dumb it makes me think he was just a young innocent child heavily traumatised and deeply naive. Also his mum being there in the interviews may have clammed him up. He asked for her to leave but she wasn’t allowed to. That really stood out for me.

One of them actually did all the raping and mutdering, the other one was just there for some of it. A 13 year old may not have the maturity to process what the right thing to do after witnessing something brutal.

Respect your opinion but disagree. There is nothing to say that Boy B had any difficulties which would stop him understanding the gravity of the situation.

He lured her to the abandoned building and at the very least witnessed what had happened.

Then tried covering his tracks afterwards and still doesnt seem to fully take ownership of his part in it.

Ive fetched up to kids and both by the age of 13 would absolutely know that what happened that day was completely wrong.

The fact he lied to cover his tracks is enough to make me think he had a bigger role than he is admitting. Maybe not the actual killing or sexual assault but he certainly had opportunity to own up straight after and failed to do so.

He has got off very lightly IMO.

BOY B
In relation to Boy B, Justice McDermott said [...] there was evidence that Boy A had told Boy B one month previously that he intended to kill Ana.

Justice McDermott said a jury was satisfied that Boy B was involved in the planning of Ana's murder, which involved bringing her to an isolated location where her murder could be carried out. He said Boy B had tricked Ana into believing that Boy A was interested in her and he knew she trusted what he was saying. When she cried out at the house both boys knew she was unlikely to be rescued.

Justice McDermott added: "In the aftermath he did nothing but seek to protect himself. He did not mention her to anyone else and took no steps to help her." Justice McDermott said Boy B was "indifferent to her plight" and acted at all times to protect himself. He lied to gardai, his family, his schoolmates and his school counsellor.

He described the boy as "brazen" in interviews but naive to think his lies wouldn't be exposed.

I really don't think that Boy B was quite the ingénue his legal team portrayed.

This entire horrible event was a classic folie à deux, which required particular qualities from both perpetrators: the low cunning of Boy B, and the savage violence of Boy A.

I don't know how Ana's family will ever recover from their tragic and horrifying loss. I really hope that in time their memories of how loving and loved she was will overshadow the dreadful way in which her life was taken from them.

The heartbroken parents of murdered schoolgirl Ana Kriegel are set to sue their local education board over her school’s response to allegations of bullying.

The family has lodged a formal complaint over how the school responded to allegations that 14-year-old Ana was the victim of serious bullying and harassment by fellow teens.

The Kriegels believe the school failed to properly address their concerns over how it was handling their fears that Ana was being bullied, The Sunday Times reported.
Ana Kriegel: Parents to sue over school's response to bullying allegation

I just knew he would. I hope it gets thrown out sharpish. Surely He can’t just decide he doesn’t like the verdict and appeal though? Which means has his lawyer found something which would imply he didn’t get a fair trial or something??

"In his report, Dr Humphries claimed that Boy B had difficulty processing what he had seen. He said the boy had come up with a series of explanations, not intended as lies, but intended to give an account of what happened, while also showing he had no part in it. Boy B was also trying to avoid the memory of what had happened, the doctor said. He said he spoke to Boy B but also looked at the Garda interviews with him. Dr Humphries said Boy B was "very powerless in a very small room with lots of adults".
Court heard that Boy B didn't want to be Boy A's friend and was afraid of him - but he gave him some kudos - Independent.ie

"In his report, Dr Humphries claimed that Boy B had difficulty processing what he had seen. He said the boy had come up with a series of explanations, not intended as lies, but intended to give an account of what happened, while also showing he had no part in it. Boy B was also trying to avoid the memory of what had happened, the doctor said. He said he spoke to Boy B but also looked at the Garda interviews with him. Dr Humphries said Boy B was "very powerless in a very small room with lots of adults".
Court heard that Boy B didn't want to be Boy A's friend and was afraid of him - but he gave him some kudos - Independent.ie

Piffle!!

I think the way the interviews were conducted are grounds for an appeal. That and the fact that there are no forensics whatsoever to prove boy b was involved in the physical act of murder.

I think the way the interviews were conducted are grounds for an appeal. That and the fact that there are no forensics whatsoever to prove boy b was involved in the physical act of murder.
I don’t think he needed to physically harm Ana to be convicted of her murder. The jury were told this, the crown never once implied boy b ever laid a finger on Ana.

Boy B’s appeal will be held in April.

Boy B to appeal conviction for murder of Ana Kriegel - Independent.ie

I appreciate this is a highly emotive case for most but I do feel his conviction was on shaky grounds.

In the US, if someone is present for a murder and fails to stop it or report it, or if there is no way to tell for sure who did what, they are charged with murder. Perhaps @Angleterre can shed some light on this, but is it much different in the UK and Ireland? Boy B was there, he saw it, he didn't report it. I don't think he should go away for life, or even be charged as an adult, but he definitely needs some correction.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4
Back