Mark Sievers Livestream Trial Thread -Days 5-8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jake Allen‏Verified account @Jake_Allen19 32s33 seconds ago
Mummert is talking about how a prosecution witness came forward after she said a friend told her she was speaking with Teresa Sievers from beyond the grave.

This witness did not testify at all about marital strife or financial hardships between the Sievers, he said.

I do think that the finances should have been talked in depth as opposed to focusing on the life insurance. IRS debt, lien, business mortgage, lifestyle living beyond their means... There needed to be the background and lead-up into WHY he wanted her dead for the life insurance. If you're fat and happy and financially solvent already, you don't think about murder for life insurance.

There could have been more focus on WHY he wanted the life insurance money as opposed to what would happen to his lifestyle and social standing as a divorced spouse.

It's unfortunate that all the information has been available for years, but wasn't paid the attention and importance it has. It's a huge deal, in my opinion. Also, it needed to be said that MS had to have been planning this for weeks or months before he made the initial request to talk to CWW at his wedding.

So much important information and so many facts that could have been used to fill in the blanks.

Still ragging on the idea CWW didn't take a polygraph even though CWW answered his questions on the stand that he offered more than once IIRC to take one and would take one now. Mummert ignored that - it's on the video.

I'll shut up now. It's done, it's over, no use in me whining on. :/

Last edited:
Jake Allen‏Verified account @Jake_Allen19 40s40 seconds ago

Mummert is talking about how Wright initially told investigators he never left Missouri.

Mummert said the jurors have keep in mind the witness made a statement inconsistent with the testimony he made in court.

Taylor Petras‏ @TaylorPetras 2m2 minutes ago

"I want to start talking about life insurance. Having a life insurance policy does not mean you are guilty of anything."

Sievers' attorney pointed out to the jury that Sievers also had a $2.5 million life insurance policy just like Dr. Sievers @winknews

I don't like this defense attorney's style at all. It seems like Michael Mummert is spraying the courtroom with buck shot. JMO

ASA Hamid had a nice pace to his Closing. He allowed his puzzle pieces to settle there in their minds for the Jury to put together.

I do think that the finances should have been talked in depth as opposed to focusing on the life insurance. IRS debt, lien, business mortgage, lifestyle living beyond their means... There needed to be the background and lead-up into WHY he wanted her dead for the life insurance. If you're fat and happy and financially solvent already, you don't think about murder for life insurance.
Yes because he had drained the business and it was actually going under financially...another motive I believe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg