***GUILTY*** Mark Sievers - 1st Degree Murder & Conspiracy

Jury's Emotional Moment

I think the emotional moment the jury had was for Teresa and her family--finally getting Justice, after all these years--not for the demon who orchestrated her horrific murder. They saw the pictures. They felt the family's agony. They heard the evidence. Hence, the unanimous vote.

Thank you, jury. Thank you, foreperson. Thank you, 2x2 Magic Notes.
Jury's are unpredictable, I'm sure it's not easy to condemn a man's life. Always the "what if" in the back of your mind. Thank goodness they got the right group for this, they were able to know what needed to be done, and did it. This will be a weight they will always bear.
I thought prosecution's closing ended up awesome, it was clear they needed to keep it simple for the jury even though there is so much more. MM's closing seemed just illogical and grasping at straws. I was waiting for the big alternate theory to come out.

Jury's are unpredictable, I'm sure it's not easy to condemn a man's life. Always the "what if" in the back of your mind. Thank goodness they got the right group for this, they were able to know what needed to be done, and did it. This will be a weight they will always bear.
I thought prosecution's closing ended up awesome, it was clear they needed to keep it simple for the jury even though there is so much more. MM's closing seemed just illogical and grasping at straws. I was waiting for the big alternate theory to come out.
I totally agree. I've reappraised my view of the prosecution since closing. There was enough there to convict and they kept it nice and simple.

I'm so happy with the verdict. Jmo, but the flow charts really helped the jury. Visuals help highlight the important info and make it stand out . It has been a long 4 years to get to where we are. I have the feeling he will receive DP. He planned this murder and CWW and JRR would not step foot in the house with a hammer if it wasnt for Mark. Praying for Ts family, especially the daughters.

I'm so happy with the verdict. Jmo, but the flow charts really helped the jury. Visuals help highlight the important info and make it stand out . It has been a long 4 years to get to where we are. I have the feeling he will receive DP. He planned this murder and CWW and JRR would not step foot in the house with a hammer if it wasnt for Mark. Praying for Ts family, especially the daughters.

I think there's a good chance he will get the DP, too. I often don't care, but this time I hope that's the decision. He deserves to have the least amount of human contact possible for the rest of his days. I don't even care if death is carried out. Just the weight of being on death row is punishment enough I think.

I'm fine with him getting LWOP. How about others here?

Let him languish in prison in general population
with other common disgusting murderers for the
next 40+ yrs. Let him sink into oblivion.

I'll be surprised if he gets the DP.

Life in prison without parole is actually cheaper than the death penalty, it's said.

Plus it may be easier on the daughters to not have him facing the death penalty for years and it being an issue. That's where my thoughts and my concern are tonight, on the daughters and Teresa's family.
I completely agree that I'd prefer he gets LWOP only to avoid Teresa's family having to deal with numerous appeals and putting the girls through anymore anguish than they've already had to deal with.
It still brings me to tears (the real ones) just recalling the 1st degree murder guilty verdict.

Assuming there was a security threat of some sort against Mummert, the court security didn't seem to know about it. I'm not sure how effective videoing people in the lobby would have been as a deterrent. And JAC funds are for MS's defence costs, not MM's personal security.

It's BS and I think there's some explaining to do.
It's common for defense attorneys getting harassed in high profile cases.

I didn't see anyone who was there for Mark on his side yesterday, did anyone else? I know the gray haired lady was there but I'm not too sure who she is, I thought Bonnie's friend. I definitely didn't see his trust lawyer there for support.

I didn't see anyone who was there for Mark on his side yesterday, did anyone else? I know the gray haired lady was there but I'm not too sure who she is, I thought Bonnie's friend. I definitely didn't see his trust lawyer there for support.
Mark's step mom was the only family member there. Bonnie, his mom was a no show! Perhaps Bonnie was told not to come until she testifies at his sentencing (if she is called) but I suspect they had a fallout. Mark used his mom as well and treated her like crap. Jmo

A lot of us recall Bonnie opening up her home to CWW and AW while turning down her own daughter. Even though Bonnie defended MS back then, after learning about the convictions of his accomplices and being bombarded with the news of all that, she may have decided that her son was not that important to her any more and that it's all about her.

The apple doesn't fall very far from the tree. JMO

Does anyone think its possible that the JAC was some type of fund that had to be used, or if not returned back to the state? Maybe it was just about creating a reason to not have to return funds.

As far as LWOP, Mark for his own safety is probably better off on death row. I do not think he would last too long in the general population. None of them may. Very high profile. Women killers are not treated well in prison. Everyone has a mother. These guys are in for a whole new reality.

My Kindle is not responding properly. I think I'm having "connectivity" issues. I was watching Court TV on a big screen tonight (12/04/19), up close. I saw Mark's eyes well up, slightly, as if he had an eye irritation--but not enough to let a tear roll down. I never actually saw him cry. What I did see was Mark blow his nose, and he did it so hard that I actually saw what appeared to be ram's horns coming up from under the skin of his forehead. I couldn't believe my eyes! I thought it might be some special effects by Court TV, just to be funny, but it wasn't. This "inflammation" was in sync with the blowing of his nose. It was a pretty close-up shot. If I can capture it, I will surely share it. It was remarkable and incredible, at the same time.

Well, maybe not that incredible!

;)

MS face 11 26 LC 12 04 19.png

Just want to say that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Judge Bruce Kyle!!! Wish he could be the judge on so many of the cases I follow here! He knows how to run a courtroom with integrity, dignity, and efficiency! He's a good one for sure!

Does anyone think its possible that the JAC was some type of fund that had to be used, or if not returned back to the state? Maybe it was just about creating a reason to not have to return funds.

As far as LWOP, Mark for his own safety is probably better off on death row. I do not think he would last too long in the general population. None of them may. Very high profile. Women killers are not treated well in prison. Everyone has a mother. These guys are in for a whole new reality.
Now that they'll all be moving out of county jails and into state prison, I hope their reality is very harsh. IMO

Hey all, whatta you guys think... . . that videographer yesterday and the PI. Mark’s supportive family members were absent from the courtroom for his big GUILTY verdict. You guys smell a rat here? Is there maybe a connection???

I say throw his *advertiser censored* into the general population. He deserves all the ‘social’ attention he’ll get there. As someone else said on here, ‘death is too good for him’. Heck, yrs on death row will draaaaggg on then he’ll get a yummy last meal, a needle in the arm and just go to sleep forever—that’s a damn cake walk. As I understand it, Florida allows inmates to choose the chair or lethal injection—the last electrocution was in 1999. I think we all know what Mark would choose.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back