Found Deceased MO - Nicole Shalee Mallatt, 36, Butler, Bates County, 26 Nov 2019 *endangered*

BUTLER, Mo. -- Searchers in Bates County have recovered personal items belonging to a mother of three who has been missing for more than a week.
Nicole Mallatt's family fears she is a victim of foul play.

Bates County Sheriff Chad Anderson disclosed Thursday that searchers have found Mallatt's cell phone, back pack and a pair of her shoes. All were in the area where the 36-year-old woman was last seen.

A group of volunteers joined law enforcement officers in searching farmland in rural Bates County for evidence of the mother of three.

Searchers find missing woman’s cellphone, backpack in Bates County

The Sheriff Chad Anderson is a pretty upstanding guy. He will tell you what he can and be up front. As we all know there are things LE can not say.

I lived in Butler for 15 yrs, it is a town where everyone knows your business. If someone knows something it will be found out. I don't know Nicole, as I said up thread I know her ex. I know a little of her history. I am just worried about the children. If she took off she need to let family know. I am not saying this is what happened. It seems she has a history of leaving. I also know she tends to lie to people. I do hope she is okay.

Jmo moo

Hmmm, was she trying to leave breadcrumbs? Odd the phone was found. I would think that would be the last breadcrumb she’d leave if at all possible.
I wondered that also! I just don't know what to think. I will admit it all does seem hinky. Unless you are trying to through someone off. I just can't see leaving your children behind.

The fact that she texted someone asking if she could "stay at their house" means she did not feel comfortable or safe where she was current living. Was it so dire she had to leave the children behind? Since the kids are 11-16 and she's been with the boyfriend 18 years, she may have felt they were safe in his care.

The fact that she texted someone asking if she could "stay at their house" means she did not feel comfortable or safe where she was current living. Was it so dire she had to leave the children behind? Since the kids are 11-16 and she's been with the boyfriend 18 years, she may have felt they were safe in his care.
I must have missed where she texted someone. Do you have the link? Please and thank you!

I see a lot of different MSM outlets picking up Nicole's story today. None of them ( that I have checked so far) have any new information in them but I'm so happy to see that Nicole's is getting media attention. Hopefully she is safe.

Deputies, family, volunteers enter day 3 in search for missing woman in Bates County

The family says Mallatt also texted a sister in law asking if she could stay at her house, but she never showed up.

Thank you! Each article says something different.

I also read this in the same article.

Law enforcement says they’ve found no evidence of a crime, but the circumstances of this case are suspicious.

So we can interpret that however we want I guess. Of course like all crimes we wish we knew more.

I was once in an abusive relationship and felt I needed to stay with friends, when I told abuser that I was clearing my head for a little bit and staying at a friend’s house was when all hell broke loose, I almost died that night. That’s just where my mind went about the text asking to stay at sisters but then something happening before she could make it there. Moo!

I was once in an abusive relationship and felt I needed to stay with friends, when I told abuser that I was clearing my head for a little bit and staying at a friend’s house was when all hell broke loose, I almost died that night. That’s just where my mind went about the text asking to stay at sisters but then something happening before she could make it there. Moo!

So sorry you had to go through that Dre, I agree that could be what happened here.

Thank you for that, it’s really only made me wiser, not sadder ;)
But I guess I’m a bit jaded as some of these cases my mind IMMEDIATELY goes to abuse and/or homicide :(

I'm glad to hear that. :) My mind went the same way with this case TBH. I think when you spend any length of time on this site you start to see patterns with certain cases, I'm always glad to be proved wrong though!

BUTLER, Mo. -- Investigators issued an endangered person advisory for a missing mom days after she disappeared. Searchers were out again in Bates County on Friday looking for Nicole Mallatt.

She is a 36-year-old white female who is 5'4", 120 pounds, with blonde hair and blue eyes. She was last seen wearing a black shirt.

Her family says she had been living with a boyfriend for the last 18 years in Bates County and they have three children. This week searchers found Mallatt's backpack, and they've been out every day for the last week looking for her.

Missouri Highway Patrol issues endangered person advisory for missing Bates County mom

A statewide search continues for a Bates County woman who went missing two days before Thanksgiving.

After some of her belongings were found earlier this week, friends and family of Nicole Mallatt gathered for a candlelight vigil.

Saturday marks 11 days since Mallatt went missing, and her mother said she's hopeful for the best possible outcome, but also is preparing for the worst.

"Hopeful, but I know that's not the case because I know Nicole would not do this," Debora Lewis said. "I know she's not alive, I just know she's not. I feel it in my heart."

Bates County community comes together at vigil

Search continues for missing Bates County woman
photo.php

[...]

Bates County Sheriff Chad Anderson said Tuesday that authorities do not suspect foul play at this point.

[...]

Police also searched a part of the Marais des Cygnes River as the search expanded

[...]

Attachments

• Nicole Shalee Mallatt Butler MO.jpg
    Nicole Shalee Mallatt Butler MO.jpg
    499.1 KB · Views: 51
Nicole was added to NAMUS: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Original

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact November 25, 2019
NamUs Case Created December 7, 2019
Last Known Location Map
Location Rich Hill, Missouri
Bates County

Circumstances of Disappearance
Nicole Mallatt was last seen on 11/25/2019 in Rich Hill, Missouri.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back