AMBER ALERT CT - Vanessa Morales, 1, missing after mother found deceased, Ansonia, 28 Nov 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is different, as we don’t know if the baby was the reason for the murder, or if she was taken as a byproduct of it (panic).

My sense is that this was a personal crime, and the mother was the primary target.

He (assuming the perpetrator is male), may not have known what to do with the baby, and didn’t want to leave her for some reason.

The fact that she hasn’t turned up by now, leads me to believe the worst though.
I agree with this last statement, unfortunately. As a parent, I can't imagine hiding a one-year-old successfully for any period of time, especially when people were looking for said child.

LATEST ON SEARCH FOR VANESSA: Police are searching multiple locations connected to "Kiducation" a clothing donation nonprofit with bins throughout the state. An employee called earlier today. Investigators believe Vanessa IS ALIVE @WTNH

Sabina Kuriakose on Twitter
I have no idea why I’m hopeful this little darling baby will be found alive. Perhaps someone close to father as a trusting ally has her??? I’m gonna hold on to some faith for this little one to survive her trauma filled experience. Sometimes, faith is all we have. Is it enough? Sometimes ~ Yes.

I have no idea why I’m hopeful this little darling baby will be found alive. Perhaps someone close to father as a trusting ally has her??? I’m gonna hold on to some faith for this little one to survive her trauma filled experience. Sometimes, faith is all we have. Is it enough? Sometimes ~ Yes.
I know the feeling

Ok, so the 'relative' who was arrested for having two stun guns in New Haven---is he the father of Vanessa?

The article says the arrested relative is a 43 yr old felon. Would he be any uncle or grandfather or someone? Or could it be Dad?

State Police just updated the spelling of her name to Vanessa.

@CT_STATE_POLICE

This is the most recent photo of missing one-year-old Vanessa Morales. Any person with information on the whereabouts of Vanessa Morales is asked to contact Ansonia Police Department at 203-735-1885 or the FBI at 1-800-225-5324. The Amber Alert for Vanessa is still active.

ELDJyyCWkAAaRbt

ELDDOlIWwAIFlNB
That's odd, family are spelling it Venessa.

@SabinaKuriakose

LATEST ON SEARCH FOR VANESSA: Police are searching multiple locations connected to "Kiducation" a clothing donation nonprofit with bins throughout the state. An employee called earlier today. Investigators believe Vanessa IS ALIVE
@WTNH
Okay, so let’s say employee wasn’t aware of missing baby and was just going about her day going sifting through donations. What could employee find that would alert her of suspicious activity? And a one year old would still be in a diaper. Right? A soiled diaper - would testing indicate if person was alive when defecating or urinating?

After watching the PC, I feel like I’ve got a better idea of what quite possibly happened. I’m going to have to sit on my hands for now.
Somehow I too am feeling some hope, which is unusual after all the cases I've seen. I so badly want sweet Baby V to be alive....

It is the father. It was said in the press conference.
ohhhh....the plot thickens.

One of the stun guns was found in a duffle bag. Sounds like he took that with him somewhere. I wonder if there were any marks on the victim from a stun device?

I always got the feeling that LE was deflecting when they said he was cooperative and there were no specific suspects. I think they are worried he will panic and harm the child if she is stashed somewhere. :(

For the locals, where is Derby kid location as in comparison to where there we now?
They must have super strong evidence to believe she may be in one of those drop locations.

From the house in Ansonia to several locations where there are (or were) bins in Derby, it’s about 2 miles.

From Derby/Ansonia to Hamden is about 20 minutes.

Derby and Ansonia are somewhat intermingled. They’re separate cities, but both small, and the borders nestle each other in many places, particularly in our shopping areas which are kind of Derby in one block, Ansonia the next, other side of the street is Derby, etc. Derby Ave, where the Derby bin(s) are/were that I think were in two locations and along a pretty well traveled thoroughfare, but not as busy as, say, the one in the grocery store lot. (Where I was just getting groceries an hour ago, and the sight of the Kiducation bin brought me to tears.)

Ok, so the 'relative' who was arrested for having two stun guns in New Haven---is he the father of Vanessa?

The article says the arrested relative is a 43 yr old felon. Would he be any uncle or grandfather or someone? Or could it be Dad?

ppl aren't saying so, but i read a MSM link that said it was in fact her dad, but they didn't name him and say he isn't POI rn. on page 10, someone posted the CT jail site and you can find his name there by age and charges

According to the narrative of the police report, Ansonia Police contacted New Haven Police on Dec. 3 and asked them to serve the warrant on Jose Morales,(bbm)34, at an address on First Avenue. Officers found a box containing a Vipertek VTS-979-1 stun gun in a bedroom closet and a canvas pouch in a gym bag on the floor containing a Hornet Guard Dog Security stun gun.

He was charged with two counts of criminal possession of an electronic defense weapon and remanded to New Haven jail where he is being detained on $250,000 bond with the stipulation he can’t be released without a judge’s permission.

His next appearance is Dec. 18 in state Superior Court in New Haven.

The report does not specify how Morales was connected with the homicide.
Arrest in New Haven connected to Ansonia homicide; 1-year-old still missing

Last edited:
From the house in Ansonia to several locations where there are (or were) bins in Derby, it’s about 2 miles.

From Derby/Ansonia to Hamden is about 20 minutes.

Derby and Ansonia are somewhat intermingled. They’re separate cities, but both small, and the borders nestle each other in many places, particularly in our shopping areas which are kind of Derby in one block, Ansonia the next, other side of the street is Derby, etc. Derby Ave, where the Derby bin(s) are/were that I think we’re in two locations and along a pretty well traveled thoroughfare, but not as busy as, say, the one in the grocery store lot. (Where I was just getting groceries an hour ago, and the sight of the Kiducation bin brought me to tears.)
Thank you so much for contributing to this thread and the search for Baby Vanessa. Locals are invaluable to the success of WS discussions.

After watching the PC, I feel like I’ve got a better idea of what quite possibly happened. I’m going to have to sit on my hands for now.

Somehow I too am feeling some hope, which is unusual after all the cases I've seen. I so badly want sweet Baby V to be alive....
Me too. Ugh. Hoping my theory is correct in that baby V is with someone safe. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46