Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #118

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another possibility is Abigail and Liberty encountered and maybe some statement or action - with NO malicious intent on the part of the girls - may have set this guy off. Seeing him again on the bridge may have been what set off alarm bells for Liberty.

That said, I believe the aspect of some sexual gratification is the most likely as you point out. I'm not at the point where I would say he is a serial killer. BUT I firmly believe this killer has committed crimes of a sexual nature in his past. Whether or not there is a record of such offenses is another matter since victims either don't report or the authorities, for whatever reason - e.g., insufficient evidence - don't charge him. And as I've said before his DNA could be in an unprocessed rape kit related to an unsolved rape.
JR what do you think of that warning LE gave, almost immediately after the bodies were found and identified, to make sure you know what your kids are into? Considering their age and what we know about them, Abby and Libby and their circumstances for being on the trails that day don't seem to warrant that kind of warning. At least not to me.

I'm a long time follower of various threads here, but I'm a very sporadic poster of comments... mainly because I don't have time to keep up with the threads on a daily basis. In general, I don't think much should be assumed regarding spurts of posts and then no posts. They probably have other things going on in their lives, or maybe they have given all the input they have, and are following along without posting. Or, maybe this forum isn't their cup of tea, so they stopped visiting here. My opinion only...
I probably chose my words poorly when I spoke about posters with tons of information- then nothing. You are right many of us don’t post for a while- life gets in the way or we just have nothing to add. I can certainly identify with both of those scenarios. I did not intend to raise suspicions on those posters- it was a random thought I should have kept to myself. My apologies.

JR what do you think of that warning LE gave, almost immediately after the bodies were found and identified, to make sure you know what your kids are into? Considering their age and what we know about them, Abby and Libby and their circumstances for being on the trails that day don't seem to warrant that kind of warning. At least not to me.

I've often wondered about the warning LE gave right away as well. It's not the "normal" type of response that we typically hear. Come to think of it, nothing with this case is normal.
MOO

I've often wondered about the warning LE gave right away as well. It's not the "normal" type of response that we typically hear. Come to think of it, nothing with this case is normal.
MOO

I have come to believe that there are multiple young locals involved in this crime, and that LE was sending a message to the parents of all the local kids, hoping for a tip from one or more of those kids and/or a parent of one or more of them.

Media Timeline 9
Abby & Libby, Delphi
Articles by Kokomo Tribune
Feb 14, 2017 - Nov 19, 2019

M25 WS

Feb 14, 2017

UPDATE: Officials: 2 bodies found in Deer Creek near Delphi

Feb 16, 2017

Police seeking help in finding man on Delphi trail where teens went missing

March 9, 2017

A family speaks: Grandfather of slain Delphi girl issues statement

April 27, 2017

Concert for slain teens planned in Kokomo

Parents of murdered Delphi teens announce memorial concert fundraiser

May 8, 2017

Taking Back the Trail

July 17, 2017

UPDATE: State police release drawing of suspect in Delphi killings

July 19, 2017

Sheriff to Facebook users: Stop posting on Delphi murders, start calling tip line

Jan 16, 2018

Investigators correct info on Delphi case

Feb 13, 2018

Indiana police hope anniversary of Delphi murders spurs tips

Feb 14, 2018

Press conference marks anniversary of Delphi girls' deaths

A year later: Family of slain Delphi teenager fights for justice

Feb 13, 2019

2 years later, no arrest yet in Delphi killings

April 19, 2019

Police holding press conference in Delphi case

Apr 22, 2019

New information in Delphi murder case

'Only a coward would do such a thing': Police release new info in Delphi murders

Authorities continue to explore Delphi leads

April 23, 2019

Former police chief weighs in on new Delphi sketch

May 13, 2019

More than 3,000 tips since new sketch, footage in Delphi case

July 17, 2019

Funds raised to build park in memory of slain girls

July 22, 2019

Evidence from man who killed himself in standoff shared with Delphi investigators

Nov 19, 2019

Indiana park honoring 2 slain teens gets donated light poles

I have come to believe that there are multiple young locals involved in this crime, and that LE was sending a message to the parents of all the local kids, hoping for a tip from one or more of those kids and/or a parent of one or more of them.

Ahhhhhh, here comes my opinion, and it's only MY opinion.

The above statement is an excellent theory. I had a 25 year career that immersed me directly in the lives of youth. I always said "the kids are doing Othello, and the adults are doing Hamlet". Meaning, the adults have very little knowledge of what is REALLY going on with the teenagers in their communities and schools.

Yes, they think they know, but in reality, they do not.

What was the warning? I'm sure I saw it, but I don't remember it.

I probably chose my words poorly when I spoke about posters with tons of information- then nothing. You are right many of us don’t post for a while- life gets in the way or we just have nothing to add. I can certainly identify with both of those scenarios. I did not intend to raise suspicions on those posters- it was a random thought I should have kept to myself. My apologies.
For 99.9% of them, that is the case. It's just that I can't help but believe on some of these threads the killer is lurking or even posting.

Media Timeline 10
(Compilation of Timelines 8 & 9 by @margarita25 for WS)

Abigail Williams & Libby German, Delphi IN

Articles by Pharos-Tribune
& Kokomo Tribune (only)
Feb 14, 2017 - Nov 21, 2019

Feb 14, 2017

UPDATE: Officials: 2 bodies found in Deer Creek near Delphi

UPDATED: Foul play suspected after bodies found along Deer Creek in Delphi; vigil held

Feb 15, 2017

UPDATED: Official on Delphi double homicide: 'There is somebody out there who did this crime'

Feb 16, 2017

Police seeking help in finding man on Delphi trail where teens went missing

Feb 22, 2017

UPDATED: Delphi homicide victim recorded, photographed suspect on her phone

Mar 9, 2017

A family speaks: Grandfather of slain Delphi girl issues statement

Mar 13, 2017

Cameras coming soon to Delphi trails

April 27, 2017

Concert for slain teens planned in Kokomo

Parents of murdered Delphi teens announce memorial concert fundraiser

May 8, 2017

Taking Back the Trail

Jul 17, 2017

UPDATED: Composite sketch released in Delphi killings

UPDATE: State police release drawing of suspect in Delphi killings

July 19, 2017

Sheriff to Facebook users: Stop posting on Delphi murders, start calling tip line

Aug 14, 2017

6 months later: Delphi officials, residents reflect on February deaths

Sep 28, 2017

UPDATED: ISP: Man arrested in Colorado not person of interest in Delphi case

Dec 30, 2017

TIMELINE: A look back at the Delphi homicides

Jan 8, 2018

HQ moving for Delphi homicide investigation

Jan 16, 2018

Investigators correct info on Delphi case

Feb 13, 2018

UPDATED: Police investigation into Delphi killings enters 2nd year

Indiana police hope anniversary of Delphi murders spurs tips

Feb 14, 2018

Press conference marks anniversary of Delphi girls' deaths

A year later: Family of slain Delphi teenager fights for justice

Jan 21, 2019

Feb 13, 2019

Investigators reflect on Delphi murders two years later

2 years later, no arrest yet in Delphi killings

Mar 21, 2019

Work begins on memorial park to honor Abby and Libby

April 19, 2019

Police holding press conference in Delphi case

Apr 22, 2019

UPDATED: New sketch, audio, video in Delphi murder case

New video of Delphi murder suspect

Video

New audio of Delphi murder suspect

New information in Delphi murder case

'Only a coward would do such a thing': Police release new info in Delphi murders

April 23, 2019

Former police chief weighs in on new Delphi sketch

Apr 24, 2019

ISP clarifies new sketch in Delphi murder case

May 3, 2019

Delphi's Monon High Bridge receives state funding

May 13, 2019

More than 3,000 tips since new sketch, footage in Delphi case

Jun 16, 2019

Crowdfunding campaign launched for Abby and Libby Memorial Park

Jul 16, 2019

$50,000 goal met for Abby, Libby Memorial Park

July 17, 2019

Funds raised to build park in memory of slain girls

July 22, 2019

Evidence from man who killed himself in standoff shared with Delphi investigators

Nov 19, 2019

Indiana park honoring 2 slain teens gets donated light poles

Nov 21, 2019

Investigation continues on third anniversary of Flora fire

(Abby and Libby mentioned)

this is a sexually motivated crime. IMO this person is an outcast and a weirdo, someone who can't make it with girls. he could be a guy that is sort of subversive and a nerd of some kind, like listening on police radios and following railway chatter etc on a shortwave radio .

I think he has a fantasy state where he is driving around or lying in wait and can spend hours on end in this state of readiness. This is an enjoyable pastime and he might like places like store parking lots and rest areas. I think he is often unemployed.

I don't think he is married , is sexually immature and is probably addicted to *advertiser censored*.

I think he planned this for a while and there could have been some prior contact somehow.

he is a serial killer by nature .

mOO

Hello all,

I’ve created a ‘flow-chart’ (mentally) about some ideas of how LE can perhaps glean more information for this case provided they haven’t thought of this already. I will spare you most of the primitive beginnings of my thought process for brevity’s sake.

I spoke with a close friend who previously was a Cable Tech and I was astonished at how observant he was.
He explained by saying the job becomes so second-nature that you can almost do it with your eyes closed. After a while, you become a little bored and you just listen. You’re not going in there blasting a portable stereo since people are present and you likely have a partner, so headphones or earbuds tend to interfere with the work flow and so you stay entertained by listening to the customers.
All MOO

Anyone else have thoughts on this or other ideas? Feel free to correct me on any of this or to chime in.

So much for brevity!

SBM

I completely agree with you - I worked for the cable company 20 years ago and it's true of the technicians going into the houses and knowing the layouts and listening to everyone in the house and some of the things they heard and saw OMG!!! I recall spending many days out of each year going with the techs for their service calls...good gracious!!

Is there a record kept of the plates run between, say, 11 Feb 2017 and 15 Feb 2017? If so, I would hope the investigative team might have considered that aspect. Just the same, if such a search was fruitless, it doesn't mean our killer wasn't from out-of-state. He could still be from out-of-state and just didn't have his plate run by LE.

RSBM

I think you are really on to something here. How about they look again at ALL plates checked, local or otherwise, a week before to a week after...

And has LE pulled up all peculiar crimes reported like underwear thefts, voyeurs and the like for the two weeks before the murders?

So the day after they were murdered the police knew that “young locals” were responsible yet in 34 months not one of them has talked? Very, very, unlikely.

I had a case ten years ago where a 9th grade boy was found murdered in a creek. Within three days the 14 year old girl friend of one of the (four) defendants came forward and told what she knew. When teenagers are involved the case will almost solve itself.

Nah, girl, I was giving all that side-eye and I'm sure plenty of other posters were too :)

So the day after they were murdered the police knew that “young locals” were responsible yet in 34 months not one of them has talked? Very, very, unlikely.

I had a case ten years ago where a 9th grade boy was found murdered in a creek. Within three days the 14 year old girl friend of one of the (four) defendants came forward and told what she knew. When teenagers are involved the case will almost solve itself.

That makes sense and I agree. This is too serious of a crime for a teenager not to come forward.

What's your opinion regarding the warning LE gave after the bodies were found and identified, to make sure you know what your kids are into?

RSBM

I think you are really on to something here. How about they look again at ALL plates checked, local or otherwise, a week before to a week after...

And has LE pulled up all peculiar crimes reported like underwear thefts, voyeurs and the like for the two weeks before the murders?
Maybe the car in question had Georgia plates?!

This is too serious of a crime for a teenager not to come forward.

Agree. Teens tend to think from the moment, maybe could pre-plan a crime. However, they don't tend to plan what happens after doing something illegal. AND, they talk.

I think adult, an older adult, when I see BG and think of his pre-planning and exit. AND, no talk.

Well I have been reading along as I have for the last 2 years+ and I still can't get out of my mind that A&L were in the wrong place at the wrong time and saw or heard something they wern't meant to see or hear.

I actually do think there was more than one person aware of the unfolding events at Monon High Bridge albeit not both involved directly in the murders of Abby & Libby.

One is aware of the reason and the circumstances leading to their deaths.

I think it is that person DC is calling out to and pleading with.

I am not about to spell my actual scenario out as I am a simple Arm Chair Web Sleuther from the UK and certainly don't want to put people under the microscope for a hunch and a possible scenario.

What ever the actual scenario is I still think A&L Saw/ Witnessed/ Heard something they wern't meant to and whatever that something was, caused Libby to do what she did with her phone. Because somebody somewhere was doing something wrong and that someone was caught out.

Just My Opinion nothing more.
MingyMoo

Wow, I actually never thought of that. It had occurred to me that one or both of the girls saw/heard something they weren’t supposed to, but I guess I just assumed it was prior to that day. I honestly never thought about them seeing something while on the trails.

So, the scenario may look like this. They see something and someone involved notices them. The girls keep moving, thinking that they’ll just go about their business and be left alone. But then they notice BG, who in this scenario was likely involved in whatever activity took place, and he’s coming at them. This makes the girls uncomfortable, as it would most people. Libby decides to record the confrontation.

This seems very plausible to me, and I would be interested to know others thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks