GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upcoming Court Dates:

January 28, 2020 - Tuesday
  • KK Sentencing Hearing scheduled 9 am
Case #: D602019CR17

January 31, 2020 - Friday
  • PF Termination of Parental Rights Hearing - 8:30am
Case #: D602018JV26
I don't usually wish away time, but I for one cannot wait for these two court dates. I still have "high hopes" that Judge Sells will give KK the max that he is allowed. I don't think he'll give a damn who comes to defend her or her lawyer's attempts to challenge the "aggravated" part of the charge. There are without a doubt aggravating factors, one being she's already getting a deal that is much, much too good for what she all did, and didn't do. At least it's incredibly "aggravating" for all of us.

Then, to watch PF's parental rights taken away for evermore on Jan. 31/20 will do my heart good. That sociopath doesn't deserve to ever see that sweet little girl every again, unless she wishes it when she's old enough to understand what that monster did to her mother.

I can't believe SF1 and EF have the nerve to continue to pursue custody. Seriously?? MaF is a criminal and should be thrown in the Hoosegow for some cooling off time. Goodness knows she's not fit to raise a child, PF case in point! All JMHO.

I think it’s so awful of these two (PF & KK). Wow they are so inconsiderate to Kelsey’s family. Haven’t they been thru enough?! She should be lucky she is only getting THREE years! Take it like a woman. That’s the LEAST she could do, for actively plotting and planning and helping murder Kelsey!

PF is a trip . It’s like he is continuing this thing on to intentionally continue to inflict pain on the Berreths.

Judge sets parental right termination hearing for Patrick Frazee

Dec 5, 2019

Patrick Frazee, 33, was in court Thursday for an advisement hearing in an ongoing custody case for the daughter he shared with Kelsey Berreth. Four parties are seeking custody of the daughter: the Berreths, Frazee, Sheila Frazee (Patrick's mother) and Erin Frazee (Patrick's sister).

The public was kicked out of the courtroom at the start of the hearing, as has been the standard for every hearing in the custody case. A court spokesman told News 5 Judge Scott Sells would not release an update on the hearing like he's done in previous hearings.

Instead, court scheduling shows Frazee is scheduled to return to court on Jan. 31 for a termination of parental rights hearing. Judge Sells blocked out the entire day for that hearing, which is set to begin at 8:30 a.m.

In Colorado, judges have the power to evaluate whether a person is fit to be the parent to their child. They consider several factors, like the best interest of the child, clear evidence of violence or abuse toward the child, and if the parent takes substantial responsibility for the child.

It might not be feasible, but I wish that baby K could be given the "Berreth" surname.

They will be able to legally change her name when they adopt her.

I have no doubt they will.

JMO.

For what it's worth, baby K is in fact referenced as surname "Berreth" in the wrongful death lawsuit filed in federal court against PF. Accordingly, as a minor, she's identified in documents as "KB." I also believe that is her legal name.

FEB 15, 2019

Kelsey Berreth case: Possible motive comes out in lawsuit
“Upon information and belief, Frazee had motive to kill Kelsey in that he wanted full custody of [Kaylee Berreth] and/or Kelsey to leave [Kaylee Berreth] with him and Kelsey would not agree,” the parents' attorney, Angela Jones, wrote in an amended civil complaint filed Friday in federal court on behalf of plaintiffs Cheryl and Darrell Berreth.

Advocates: Frazee-Kenney relationship an example of domestic violence

Dec 5, 2019

CRIPPLE CREEK — Rebecca Blair spends her days as a senior advocate at the Aspen Mine Center in Cripple Creek.

Yet, she knows the impact domestic violence can have on a family firsthand. Her sister, a former nurse, was in a manipulative relationship, moving from Colorado to Florida for love.

"It was like a whirlwind, because you never knew whether she was going to call you, whether she was going to show up on the doorstep, whether she was alive," Blair said. "He had control and power over her to the point that he convinced her to smuggle some heroin into the prison where he was. She was caught with it immediately."

Plainly, Blair said it ruined her sister's life. She lost her nursing license and was forced to find a different career.

[..]

Angie Trelstad, client services director at the Aspen Mine Center and a former Tessa advocate, said the situation is actually a classic domestic violence scenario. That said, she said there's absolutely no excuse or justification for Kenney's actions in the crime.

"It's so easy for people on the outside to look and say, 'How could this happen? How could she do this,'" Trelstad said.

She said the violence component of domestic violence isn't always physical. It's often a mental battle and ongoing cycle for power, and whomever has control can then cause the other person to act out of the ordinary, Trelstad said.

"Violence and power and control and trauma will get you in a place where you don't even know who you are," Trelstad said.

Both Blair and Trelstad approached News 5, wanting to share more information and raise awareness on domestic violence to help prevent instances like this from escalating in the future.

Looks like somebody in her family is already doing a PR spin to better her image.

Possibly the PR folks gave the names to the news organizations for a story to do such.

Does family of KK come from money to hire a PR firm like this?
This has the look of PR firm all over it to me. Just like with the college cases going on where they hired (bad) PR firms.

No worries.
It won't happen here.

For one thing, the B's live out of state.
It wouldn't be feasible for them to bring Baby K to "visit" PF.

For another thing, this case is so public there's no way this judge would enter such a controversial visitation order. He'd be ridden off the bench on the rails.

JMO.
I hope that includes SF and EF

Judge sets parental right termination hearing for Patrick Frazee

Dec 5, 2019

Patrick Frazee, 33, was in court Thursday for an advisement hearing in an ongoing custody case for the daughter he shared with Kelsey Berreth. Four parties are seeking custody of the daughter: the Berreths, Frazee, Sheila Frazee (Patrick's mother) and Erin Frazee (Patrick's sister).

The public was kicked out of the courtroom at the start of the hearing, as has been the standard for every hearing in the custody case. A court spokesman told News 5 Judge Scott Sells would not release an update on the hearing like he's done in previous hearings.

Instead, court scheduling shows Frazee is scheduled to return to court on Jan. 31 for a termination of parental rights hearing. Judge Sells blocked out the entire day for that hearing, which is set to begin at 8:30 a.m.

In Colorado, judges have the power to evaluate whether a person is fit to be the parent to their child. They consider several factors, like the best interest of the child, clear evidence of violence or abuse toward the child, and if the parent takes substantial responsibility for the child.

I hope the brother shows up to say his family is unfit to be anywhere near Baby K.

Advocates: Frazee-Kenney relationship an example of domestic violence

Dec 5, 2019

CRIPPLE CREEK — Rebecca Blair spends her days as a senior advocate at the Aspen Mine Center in Cripple Creek.

Yet, she knows the impact domestic violence can have on a family firsthand. Her sister, a former nurse, was in a manipulative relationship, moving from Colorado to Florida for love.

"It was like a whirlwind, because you never knew whether she was going to call you, whether she was going to show up on the doorstep, whether she was alive," Blair said. "He had control and power over her to the point that he convinced her to smuggle some heroin into the prison where he was. She was caught with it immediately."

Plainly, Blair said it ruined her sister's life. She lost her nursing license and was forced to find a different career.

[..]

Angie Trelstad, client services director at the Aspen Mine Center and a former Tessa advocate, said the situation is actually a classic domestic violence scenario. That said, she said there's absolutely no excuse or justification for Kenney's actions in the crime.

"It's so easy for people on the outside to look and say, 'How could this happen? How could she do this,'" Trelstad said.

She said the violence component of domestic violence isn't always physical. It's often a mental battle and ongoing cycle for power, and whomever has control can then cause the other person to act out of the ordinary, Trelstad said.

"Violence and power and control and trauma will get you in a place where you don't even know who you are," Trelstad said.

Both Blair and Trelstad approached News 5, wanting to share more information and raise awareness on domestic violence to help prevent instances like this from escalating in the future.

Nope.

It's not as though KK left her kids and husband for true love with PF. She lurked around to murder someone and then the rest. I have zero tolerance for what they're peddling.

It does:

Grandparent Rights & Visitation

SFA:
Effect of Adoption
Colorado grandparent rights and visitation are terminated by the child's adoption, or termination of the parental rights of the child's parent who is the child of the grandparent.

Fortunately, SF and EF won't have any legal "rights" where Baby K is concerned after PF's parental rights are terminated.

JMO.

DEC 5, 2019
Frazee family continues custody battle for child of Kelsey Berreth and Patrick Frazee after conviction
[…]

Frazee appeared in court on Thursday dressed in a bulletproof vest and prison garb. Frazee's mother, Sheila, was also there in person. Frazee's sister Erin was part of the hearing over the phone.

Kelsey's mother Cheryl was present for the hearing via phone. According to the Victim Impact Statement, Cheryl wants full custody of the child through adoption. Berreth's parents have had custody of the young girl since December of 2018.

The court process continues with a scheduled Termination of Parental Rights Hearing for Jan. 31 at 8:30 in the morning in Teller County.

I can't believe SF1 and EF have the nerve to continue to pursue custody. Seriously?? MaF is a criminal and should be thrown in the Hoosegow for some cooling off time. Goodness knows she's not fit to raise a child, PF case in point! All JMHO.

I hope the brother shows up to say his family is unfit to be anywhere near Baby K.

Just researched Colorado's Grandparent's Rights and Visitation Statute and overjoyed to report baby K will be safe from ever having to see SF and EF-- even though they had prior contact with her as an infant.

While these two are shameless to ask for custody, they will not even be granted visitation because KB and PF were never married (i.e., no divorce order allocating parental responsibility).

The paternal family also has no right of visitation when the child's mother is deceased.

Termination of PF's parental rights will also seal the deal for his family to have no rights pursuant to Colorado Statute C.R.S. 19-1-117(1).

Also, Baby K is already with an intact family -- she'll never need to know the Frazee's. I can't imagine her wanting a relationship ever -- even as an adult.

MOO

Grandparent Rights & Visitation

Nope.

It's not as though KK left her kids and husband for true love with PF. She lurked around to murder someone and then the rest. I have zero tolerance for what they're peddling.

The entire linked article makes it very clear that in their view there's absolutely no excuse or justification for Kenney's actions in the crime, and I don't believe they are "peddling" an excuse. Everybody agrees the only thing KK did not do was swing the bat.

Nonetheless, I also believe there was a mental aspect to KK not being able to let go of her teen queen relationship with PF and fantasy of a life with him to the point of destroying her marriage, harming her children, being his accomplice, and forever ruining her life.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member