IN - Grandfather charged in cruise ship death of toddler Chloe Wiegand #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if CCTV proves beyond all doubt that GPa lied and dropped Chloe due to absolute stupidity and the windows are deemed legal, would Royal Caribbean counter sue for malicious damages?
RC would not destroy this family considering their grief.
But Winkleman might be shaking from the rot he was sprouting.

Would colourblind look like this, black/white?

I can still see the difference in the glass.

View attachment 218780
People USUALLY don't even just see in black and white, like dogs, when colorblind, it's just basically not being able to distinguish differences in shades. This is just a stupid excuse anyway. I am so sick of these people and their lies and crowdfunding. Seriously.

View attachment 218780
It just doesn’t even matter. It is just an excuse, like all the other excuses.

He purposely chose the only open window so he could lean out and look out.

He could have been legally blind and known the window was open by the breeze coming in. If it was closed he would have smacked his head both times he leaned out.

I wish the police would just release the video already so grandpa and his lawyer would have to stop with the stupid excuses.

I wish the police would just release the video already so grandpa and his lawyer would have to stop with the stupid excuses.

My guess is that they'll never release the video to the public, and it will only be shown in court, IF his case actually ends up going to trial. Unlikely they'll release before that, otherwise it could be seen as influencing potential jurors.

View attachment 218780
SA has no excuse for not knowing the window
I don't get why SA said they both cou
It just doesn’t even matter. It is just an excuse, like all the other excuses.

He purposely chose the only open window so he could lean out and look out.

He could have been legally blind and known the window was open by the breeze coming in. If it was closed he would have smacked his head both times he leaned out.

Initially SA said he lost his grip, but when interviewed, he said Chloe slipped. It sounds to me like he is blaming the victim by saying Chloe slipped, like she did something wrong, not him. Another excuse. I wonder why Chloe wanted to wander off from the pool area to walk to the windows. Usually kids love pools and want to stay in them for hours on end. One article I read said she was wearing a t-shirt and shorts, but the rest of them said she had her bathing suit on. Did SA change her pool clothes to walk over to the window area if that report is true? I guess the video will show what she wore.

SA has no excuse for not knowing the window
I don't get why SA said they both cou

Initially SA said he lost his grip, but when interviewed, he said Chloe slipped. It sounds to me like he is blaming the victim by saying Chloe slipped, like she did something wrong, not him. Another excuse. I wonder why Chloe wanted to wander off from the pool area to walk to the windows. Usually kids love pools and want to stay in them for hours on end. One article I read said she was wearing a t-shirt and shorts, but the rest of them said she had her bathing suit on. Did SA change her pool clothes to walk over to the window area if that report is true? I guess the video will show what she wore.

there is an article, I think the cbs one referring to what Chloe is wearing in the video, a floppy hat, bathing suit and swim shoes

Or a drink? Cigarette? MOO

When this incident happened, I immediately went to Cruise Critic for onboard passenger reports. Several people who were actually on Freedom of the Seas at the time said that SA and Chloe were in a designated "smoking section" of the ship. I don't know why Grandpa was charged with caring for Chloe while other family members (allegedly) went to the buffet, but it's possible that SA is a smoker and agreed to look after Chloe in an area of the ship where he could smoke.

When this incident happened, I immediately went to Cruise Critic for onboard passenger reports. Several people who were actually on Freedom of the Seas at the time said that SA and Chloe were in a designated "smoking section" of the ship. I don't know why Grandpa was charged with caring for Chloe while other family members (allegedly) went to the buffet, but it's possible that SA is a smoker and agreed to look after Chloe in an area of the ship where he could smoke.

That would make sense, that SA smokes, because that window was the ONLY one open. He went over there to smoke, opened the window, picked up Chloe, put her on the rail, so she wouldn't run off, while he smoked his cigarettes.

At age 51, it is very unlikely that SA had cataracts. And even less likely that he had Age Related Macular Degeneration. Cataracts usually "ripen" and start to interfere with vision around age 65 or older. And even then, it is usually the problems with glare, fine print. Not identifying windows.

Not being argumentative. I just know quite a bit about vision loss.
. I had one cataract done at age 44; the other at 49. Everyone is different.

IMHO This case has nothing whatsoever to do with cataracts or colorblindness. NOTHING.

Agreed. My husband is almost totally blind, and would have never put a child up on a railing.

Blind doesn't mean dumb. And it really annoys me that people keep trying to justify dropping a baby out of an 11 story window due to a "vision problem", which has never even been brought up by SA, in any press release. As far as we know, SA has no vision loss.

That would make sense, that SA smokes, because that window was the ONLY one open. He went over there to smoke, opened the window, picked up Chloe, put her on the rail, so she wouldn't run off, while he smoked his cigarettes.
If SA opened the window, wouldn't the media have informed the public of that fact after viewing the video?

IMHO This case has nothing whatsoever to do with cataracts or colorblindness. NOTHING.
I completely agree, SaguaroSpirit. It had nothing to do with his vision, but rather to do with his complete lack of judgment.

This is a hard case to follow isn’t it? I mean, here we have a 50+ year old GP, who apparently has the judgement of, what..... an adolescent child?
I mean, how does this even happen. How does someone of this mentality ever make it into adulthood? One just has to wonder. Poor Chloe.

Maybe, maybe not, I think the prosecution has some more video footage and some eyewitnesses up their sleeve. Be prepared for some bombshells. MOO
If SA opened the window, wouldn't he tell the Wiegands to drop their case against RCCL because the Wiegands maintain the window was open in the children's play area before SA and Chloe looked out of it as the basis for their lawsuit?

Last edited:
Speaking of the fund me sites, my cousin died so I sent money to her family to help with funeral expenses or purchase flowers to represent me (they live out of my state) since I couldn't be there. One relative called me and said my money wasn't needed for the funeral, but there is a fund me page for her grandchildren's college fund, so that's where my money went. If I knew that, I would have never sent the money, it really bothered me.
Just like the Wiegands various fundme causes, once your money is sent, they can do what they please with it, even give it all to SA's defense fund without your knowledge, which he doesn't deserve if he is found negligent in Chloe's death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie