Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #118

Status
Not open for further replies.
I respectfully disagree, he is saying HE recognizes the voice as do several other people.

His exacts words in the HLN interview with Hendricks are as follows:

“I guess the investigator part of me started to kick in and I’m thinking, like several other people, I know that voice. Who is that? Who is that? And I’m still doing that, thinking who who is this person. I’ve heard that voice somewhere but I to this day I can’t put a name with that voice”

He’s talking about himself not what other people should be asking themselves.
Maybe I'm conflating a couple of different interviews.
-
Even so, it still seems like he's expressing every investigators desperate wish to be able to identify a suspect. I would consider it a form of wishful thinking similar to that experienced by a jilted boyfriend who thinks he sees his old flame on every street corner. I wouldn't assume that Leazenby had ever actually heard BG's voice.

I seem to recall that they were going to exhume Etter, presumably for DNA (and possibly dental impressions if the girls were bitten).
-
I don't think there's much of a chance Etter was the perp; he didn't resemble either sketch or BG as seen in the video. Still, I'm curious to know whether the rule-out is official yet.

I keep wondering if the girls saw BG pleasuring himself in the woods and this embarrassed him? They laughed and it angered him into a rage so he killed them. MOO

I’ve had a similar thought although as a former young female teen that would have been a highly disturbing occurrence and would have completely grossed my friends and me out, running far from him would have been a more likely action than laughing at him in my opinion.
Agreeing with your theory and adding a possibility that I’m sure in close to 3 years has been mentioned here but could they have spotted a “pillar” of the community, clergy, LE etc in an uncompromising situation?

could they have spotted a “pillar” of the community, clergy, LE etc in an uncompromising situation?

Recall LE has stated they believe the killer to be from Delphi, or had been from Delphi, visits Delphi, etc. AND that they believe the killer to hiding in plain sight IMO lends some credence to your theory.

MOO, the killer could be a serial killer just passing through, or possibly a serial killer that resides or did reside in the area. Maybe even a budding serial killer.

Maybe the killer just seized on an opportunity, 0ut of rage, or anger, or drug use, or sexual predation.

But it has been my belief, and it's only my opinion, that one, or both of these two girls knew, or were aware of, or had evidence of, something that the murderer(s) just could not permit to become public.

Recall LE has stated they believe the killer to be from Delphi, or had been from Delphi, visits Delphi, etc. AND that they believe the killer to hiding in plain sight IMO lends some credence to your theory.

MOO, the killer could be a serial killer just passing through, or possibly a serial killer that resides or did reside in the area. Maybe even a budding serial killer.

Maybe the killer just seized on an opportunity, 0ut of rage, or anger, or drug use, or sexual predation.

But it has been my belief, and it's only my opinion, that one, or both of these two girls knew, or were aware of, or had evidence of, something that the murderer(s) just could not permit to become public.

That's my opinion as well.

I keep wondering if the girls saw BG pleasuring himself in the woods and this embarrassed him? They laughed and it angered him into a rage so he killed them. MOO

I'm not an expert in such matters but I don't think people pleasure themselves in public because they couldn't find a private place to do it. Aren't they actually seeking a reaction from the person who witnesses it, to add to their enjoyment of that moment? I think getting to see any reaction from the girls - shock, laughing, fear - would have been the very reason for the exhibitionism so I really doubt "mad that they saw me" is the motive for these murders. Having said that, I do think he exposed himself or said something vulgar to them initially, which was the reason Libby filmed.

It just seemed odd to me that after the obligatory and expected " know where your children are and what they're doing" (which the girl's adults did) ISP Riley chose to add the BBM below.

Abby and Libby were dropped off around 1:45 to hike and take pictures and were allowed approximately an hour and a half before Libby's dad was to pick them up, not a lot of alone time at all for young teens.

Their parents/ guardians knew where they were and what they were there for. Why the "if nothing else, know what's going on in their lives"? Why even hint that the girls may have been mixed up in anything that parents need to be alert for, that they didn't know about? They were out for a walk.

"Sgt. Kim Riley said parents should keep a close eye on their children. "I think people need to be cautious and careful," Riley said. "Parents should make sure they know where their children are and what their children are doing, and if nothing else, know what's going on in their lives. That's the most important thing I can say at this point in time."

Police ask for assistance in identifying man seen walking on trail where Delphi teens went missing
It does strange now in light of what LE has revealed or said subsequently. This was Sgt. Riley who was the spokesperson for ISP and I don't know how much of the crime he is read in on. Maybe he is just told enough to just do his job. That is, he may not know the cause of death or weapon used. The statement was made on the day after the discovery of the bodies. Kind of reminds me of Laertes' father in 'Hamlet' giving him advice before he embarks on a trip, 'Neither a borrower nor a lender be'. Thank you for that, Captain Obvious.

I seem to recall that they were going to exhume Etter, presumably for DNA (and possibly dental impressions if the girls were bitten).
-
I don't think there's much of a chance Etter was the perp; he didn't resemble either sketch or BG as seen in the video. Still, I'm curious to know whether the rule-out is official yet.
I don't believe Etter had been buried at that point and Delphi investigators were interested in the autopsy results. (Is DNA analysis part of an autopsy? A rhetorical question as I do not know.) It is interesting LE wanted the results. It would seem LE is grasping at straws here. For anyone who believes LE has an idea who the killer and just needs more evidence or a confession, the fact that LE is looking at Etter would seem to contradict that theory.

I don't believe Etter had been buried at that point and Delphi investigators were interested in the autopsy results. (Is DNA analysis part of an autopsy? A rhetorical question as I do not know.) It is interesting LE wanted the results. It would seem LE is grasping at straws here. For anyone who believes LE has an idea who the killer and just needs more evidence or a confession, the fact that LE is looking at Etter would seem to contradict that theory.
Agreed. If they knew who BG was, I don't understand why they would have investigated Etter. If they were "back to square one" in the sense of not really knowing at all who did this, then makes sense to look closely at Etter given his crimes.

DNA certainly can be part of an autopsy, especially if there are questions of identity or as in this case of a match to another crime.

This article indicates he was already on LE's radar because somebody turned him in on a tip:
Sheriff: Delphi murder investigators requested Etter autopsy results, DNA

DNA certainly can be part of an autopsy, especially if there are questions of identity or as in this case of a match to another crime.

This article indicates he was already on LE's radar because somebody turned him in on a tip:
Sheriff: Delphi murder investigators requested Etter autopsy results, DNA
This appears, to me anyway, as if LE is covering their butts. IOW, when the real killer is finally caught, the defense can't point to Etter and say LE didn't eliminate him. Besides, it looks as if Etter is bald. While that wouldn't eliminate him with the first sketch with the hat, it definitely doesn't fit the second sketch with a full head of hair.

This appears, to me anyway, as if LE is covering their butts. IOW, when the real killer is finally caught, the defense can't point to Etter and say LE didn't eliminate him. Besides, it looks as if Etter is bald. While that wouldn't eliminate him with the first sketch with the hat, it definitely doesn't fit the second sketch with a full head of hair.

Yeah, unless he was wearing a wig, or unless the first sketch was more right.

LE doesn't usually call it covering their butts. The more usual phrase is "due diligence." :D

Marking / BBM:

MAY 23, 2017

Sold out crowd turns out for fundraiser for Delphi families

More than 600 people came out, all of them to “A Concert for Libby and Abby,” a fundraiser to help the families of Libby German and Abby Williams, the teens girls murdered while walking on a trail in Delphi this past February.”

* Hmmm, if he’s closeby, any chance he pulled a Gabe Gaeta attended the above fundraiser? (GG attended Jenise’ vigil)
Surely BG would’ve known LE would be watching that fundraiser like a hawk...

ETA:
Hmmm, Gaeta...someone like him would fit with the new April 22 info...younger, local, “hiding in plain sight”...iirc GG knew Jenise and her family previous to murdering Jenise.

ETA2:

MAY 17, 2017

Large turnout for celebration of life for Delphi murder victims

Last edited:
Hello all,

I’ve created a ‘flow-chart’ (mentally) about some ideas of how LE can perhaps glean more information for this case provided they haven’t thought of this already. I will spare you most of the primitive beginnings of my thought process for brevity’s sake.

I organized my thoughts on the premise of identifying who in MOO may have insider knowledge but may not even realize it. As in someone who either is very familiar with the households and/or house life of the residents of Delphi, and possibly many of the surrounding counties. Someone who has been inside most or all businesses and buildings. One who has heard many different people’s voices, whether in conversation or just by overhearing phone calls, to something as simple as a greeting upon arrival. I narrowed it down to an occupation that I personally feel in MOO an essential function of the job duties require them to physically enter private and corporate dwellings and the like.

First I thought a maid service; however not everyone uses this, and that would put a limit as well on interaction as many have a copy of keys to enter when no one is ‘home.’

Then it hit me...

SBM (quoting partial original post by me)

my post on page 15 of this thread (Thank you SO MUCH to those that have taken the time to read and respond to it-I don’t post very much and I appreciate it!)

Was so strange to me once I saw the new South Park episode (I rarely watch shows or TV) and what a strange synchronicity. I swear that I had no clue about this episode at all and I wanted to point that out because I’m a firm believer in energy, even though it sounds crazy. Even to me. MOO.
Overall, facts matter most but it was just a strange coincidence and I wanted to address it. Crazy stuff!

(SBM)

*This!* @stattlich1, we're on the same wavelength in this regard: "One, or both of these two girls knew...*something* that the murderer(s) just could not permit to become public." YES!

If this were the case, what kind of an individual would be *most* worried/troubled about his reputation's not meeting with public approval? Now *there's* a most interesting question...

*This!* @stattlich1, we're on the same wavelength in this regard: "One, or both of these two girls knew...*something* that the murderer(s) just could not permit to become public." YES!

If this were the case, what kind of an individual would be *most* worried/troubled about his reputation's not meeting with public approval? Now *there's* a most interesting question...
I have one theory but choose not to post.

Agreed. If they knew who BG was, I don't understand why they would have investigated Etter. If they were "back to square one" in the sense of not really knowing at all who did this, then makes sense to look closely at Etter given his crimes.
Unless they were able to exclude Etter. IMO

It appears that the full autopsy results will not be released to the public. Limited information will be available which I believe will be probable cause of death, probable manner of death and probable mechanism of death. Only some family members will see the full autopsy reports except for photos, videos and audio. This would be part of the reason why only a tiny portion of the audio was released, but an added benefit is that it protects the families from the full horror of the crime. LE know what is on the audio. The unheard portion could perhaps include these poor girls begging for their lives or even worse. What parent would ever want to hear that. You can’t unsee or unhear. Any horrific injuries would be discussed endlessly on SM and we know the families read much of what is on the internet.

Full Copy of Autopsy Report

A coroner must release a full copy of an autopsy report, except for photographs, videotapes, and audio records, when any of the following submit a written request:
  • a parent of the deceased individual, an adult child, next-of-kin, or an insurance company investigating a claim related to the death (I.C. § 36-2-14-18(c));
Photographs, videotapes, and audio recordings of an autopsy are confidential, unless access to the records is required by a state or federal statute or is ordered by a court under the rules of discovery. (See I.C. § 5-14-3-4(a)(11)) (See also I.C. § 36-2-14-10(b))

https://www.in.gov/pac/files/Public_Access_To_Death_Records.pdf

Table 2: State Statutes that Directly Address Disclosure of Autopsy Reports

Autopsy disclosure.JPG

https://www.cga.ct.gov/2013/rpt/2013-R-0364.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors