AMBER ALERT CT - Vanessa Morales, 1, missing after mother found deceased, Ansonia, 28 Nov 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a sinking feeling they are more than likely cadaver scenting dogs. :(

Imo

The dogs shown in Tony Terzi and Marissa Alter's videos look like they're following a scent along the trail-the videos I've seen of cadaver dogs at work usually show them making more back and forth, searching movements.

Maybe I'm just being foolishly optimistic.

ohhhh....the plot thickens.

One of the stun guns was found in a duffle bag. Sounds like he took that with him somewhere. I wonder if there were any marks on the victim from a stun device?

I always got the feeling that LE was deflecting when they said he was cooperative and there were no specific suspects. I think they are worried he will panic and harm the child if she is stashed somewhere. :(

But isn't this individual (father) in custody? Also, never realized that a stun gun is considered a weapon which felons are prohibited from having/owning. o_O

Last edited:
LL gives no information on what's going on with dad, is that weird? Is he downplaying JM's charges because they are irrelevant? There was a search and seizure warrant issued at his residence that resulted in an arrest, is this unrelated because it pertains to something else?

It seems to me that the "unrelated arrest" (i.e., criminal possession of an electronic defense weapon) was a gift to LE allowing the father held in lieu of $250,000 bond pending Dec 18 hearing.

Also, important to note that there is a stipulation that even if Morales is able to post bond, he can’t be released without a judge’s approval.

It seems to me that the "unrelated arrest" (i.e., criminal possession of an electronic defense weapon) was a gift to LE allowing the father held in lieu of $250,000 bond pending Dec 18 hearing.

Also, important to note that there is a stipulation that even if Morales is able to post bond, he can’t be released without a judge’s approval.
Yeah, it’s “unrelated,” yet absolutely related. Make no mistake, he’s being held for the purpose of investigating him in relation to this crime.

Marissa Alter‏Verified account @MarissaAlter now1 minute ago

This message just went out requesting surveillance video from specific locations in Ansonia to help find Vanessa Morales. See details below. @News12CT

ELIU89oWoAMHXwb.jpg

0 replies 0 retweets 1 like

What’s sticking out to me is that the employee at the collection center alerted the tip line, it didn’t sound like it was just a regular call to police. So it makes me think the employee saw something that instantly made them think of this case. I can’t imagine what it could be imo

I'm not certain that information from the Community Crusade for Children Inc. clearinghouse came to investigators specifically via the "tip line" for this case.

I understood several tips and leads came in after the amber alert issued including videos from door Ring cameras in the area of Derby Ave, as well as reports of a vehicle with a child inside that turned out to be the granddaughter of the car owner.

While it may be nothing applicable, I hope the donation bin has relevant evidence since the boxes are contained.

Tearful aunt pleads ‘keep her safe’ to whomever has 1-year-old Vanessa

We need a map with this latest request IMO - doesn't @otto work on them???

ETA - anyone can do a map - I know we have locals on this thread so please feel free to jump in - perhaps start at her home - map out the televised search locations? it's a start.

Ah no, I think that plenty of others are probably on the same wavelength. Without breaking T&Cs of websleuths I think this was absolutely a personal cause homicide, not random, rage-induced, and that taking baby V was likely an afterthought more than the ultimate motive. I was referring more in my earlier post to understanding why they had not yet been able to ID CH.

I find it intriguing that once Ansonia PD realized through a search that dad was in possession of weapons as a felon, they notified New Haven to arrest. It’s not the first time we have seen someone arrested on unrelated charges and later not be involved in the crime at hand, but it’s also certainly not uncommon either to see someone held on other charges while stuff is pending. From the PC I can’t tell if they’re being honest or keeping things quiet regarding dad.

It's definitely more than the weapons here....

On Tuesday morning, police were at the New Haven home of the child’s father, Jose Morales, 43. They conducted a search at his First Avenue home and towed his car. Officers found two stun guns in the residence, and arrested him.

Lynch said Thursday that Morales’ arrest was “not related to the homicide or missing person investigation...The father is cooperative.”

We need a map with this latest request IMO - doesn't @otto work on them???

ETA - anyone can do a map - I know we have locals on this thread so please feel free to jump in - perhaps start at her home - map out the televised search locations? it's a start.
I'll try to make a map, but that sounds a lot like they know which route was taken by what I'm seeing...

On Tuesday morning, police were at the New Haven home of the child’s father, Jose Morales, 43. They conducted a search at his First Avenue home and towed his car. Officers found two stun guns in the residence, and arrested him.

Lynch said Thursday that Morales’ arrest was “not related to the homicide or missing person investigation...The father is cooperative.”
Yeah, and if I recall, one of the warrants required that he be brought to the police station.

That warrant would have almost certainly been for his body (fingerprints, hair, DNA, and photographs to document any injuries he may have sustained).

I think there's hope that VM is alive based on investigators jumping through hoops to change the silver alert (endangered) to amber alert when there is no vehicle involved. Seems they did this to also get “as many eyes on the child’s photo as possible”

Police released a Silver Alert for Vanessa on Tuesday. On Wednesday afternoon, they issued an Amber Alert for her. Lynch said the reason they sent the Amber Alert out was to get “as many eyes on the child’s photo as possible” but would not specify why they waited after sending out the Silver Alert. Lynch did say police have “no reason to believe” anyone has taken Vanessa across state lines.

The Amber Alert gives only a description of Vanessa, with no information about a vehicle or information whether she may be with someone.

Tearful aunt pleads ‘keep her safe’ to whomever has 1-year-old Vanessa

Oh absolutely there is more to this than just the weapons. I should have been more clear: I absolutely believe that JM is involved in this up to his eyeballs.

You also don't commit a crime of this magnitude and avoid getting blood spatter/spray/misting on your person - which would easily transfer to a car etc. as you leave the scene. I'm sure that they are testing for DNA evidence and I'm sure that they will find it.

Please excuse the CRUDE map I made. The street all the way to the South where the lines end is Main Street, which eventually turns into Derby Avenue (where the Kiducation bins/police dogs are). The fact that they are completely ignoring the alternate routes between Myrtle and Main is a little odd to me.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    190.4 KB · Views: 43
Yeah, and if I recall, one of the warrants required that he be brought to the police station.

That warrant would have almost certainly been for his body (fingerprints, hair, DNA, and photographs to document any injuries he may have sustained).
This. All the physical evidence.

What are your thoughts on baby V and the likelihood that she is still alive? I always like hearing your perspective on cases. As we know, the longer the time is that passes, the worse things tend to look...

Anyone know what kind of car he has?

Derby police, according to a screen shot posted in a Derby Facebook moms group, put out a request Thursday asking for Ring video from any Ring recording devices in the area of Derby Avenue from Division Street in Ansonia to New Haven Avenue to the Orange town line.

Note: I looked for an official bulletin from either Derby, CT or Ansonia, PD on this request and haven't found anything.

Here is a rough map of this 13.2 mile path based on the details provided above:

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members