Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fundraiser for Suzanne Papini by Keith Papini : Help Find Sherri Papini
Help Find Sherri Papini
$49,070 raised
This fund raiser is closed; so should be o.k. to link to ?

The three comments by a CRB, CS, and a LA are interesting.

I agree with a commenter at the link that the $$ should be given to law enforcement who spent time and funds to find her.

Abducted jogger skips town with family and leaves dogs behind http://nypost.com/2016/12/05/abducted-jogger-skips-town-with-family-and-leaves-dogs-behind/

The Strange Vanishing and Reappearance of Sherri Papini | Mysterious Universe

Kidnapping, reverse ransom and a bounty: the strange case of Sherri Papini | US news | The Guardian

"...Into the void have poured all manner of theories and speculation, focusing not just on the Papini family but also on an anonymous donor who offered a six-figure sum for Papini’s safe return, and on Cameron Gamble, a government security contractor living in the Redding area who acted as a middle man..." emphasis mine

I have to admit-- I'm more interested in this Cameron Gamble than the unknown kidnappers.

Last edited:
Fundraiser for Suzanne Papini by Keith Papini : Help Find Sherri Papini
Help Find Sherri Papini
$49,070 raised

The first two comments by a CRB, CS, and a LA are interesting.

I agree with a commenter at the link that the $$ should be given to law enforcement who spent time and funds to find her.

Abducted jogger skips town with family and leaves dogs behind http://nypost.com/2016/12/05/abducted-jogger-skips-town-with-family-and-leaves-dogs-behind/

I agree that it shouldn't go to Sherri but IMO it should also not go to the officers that have failed to prove anything against her.

I'm against funds for failures.

I agree that it shouldn't go to Sherri but IMO it should also not go to the officers that have failed to prove anything against her.

I'm against funds for failures.
I don't think it's fair to say LE failed. We don't have access to the information they collected. IMO, from having followed this case from the beginning, LE conducted a very thorough investigation. The locals pulled in the FBI very early, two officers flew to Michigan to investigate the mystery man she was texting and planning to meet up with, they kept badgering her to come up with a description of the abductors which led to the release of a sketch, they did a forensic analysis of her clothes and found DNA of an unknown man. I think they probably had enough information to charge her, but the prosecutor decided not to, probably because of the Denise Huskins fiasco, which happened just a couple of months before.

I don't think it's fair to say LE failed. We don't have access to the information they collected. IMO, from having followed this case from the beginning, LE conducted a very thorough investigation. The locals pulled in the FBI very early, two officers flew to Michigan to investigate the mystery man she was texting and planning to meet up with, they kept badgering her to come up with a description of the abductors which led to the release of a sketch, they did a forensic analysis of her clothes and found DNA of an unknown man. I think they probably had enough information to charge her, but the prosecutor decided not to, probably because of the Denise Huskins fiasco, which happened just a couple of months before.

I think to ruin someones reputation you absolutely have to have proof. Not this is likely the case like we are tossing back and forth but a smoking gun, coz me imagining Sherri telling the truth is depressing the hell out of me and i know wrongful convictions largely result from similar groupthink of this person must be lying because of an external issue.

I think to ruin someones reputation you absolutely have to have proof. Not this is likely the case like we are tossing back and forth but a smoking gun, coz me imagining Sherri telling the truth is depressing the hell out of me and i know wrongful convictions largely result from similar groupthink of this person must be lying because of an external issue.
As others have suggested, you should read through all the threads here about the case. People on WS are generally very compassionate. There are reasons for the consensus opinion being what it is.

911 call logs shed light on 'Super Mom' Sherri Papini's past

Sheriff investigating hate blog against Latinos in kidnapped mom case

As others have suggested, you should read through all the threads here about the case. People on WS are generally very compassionate. There are reasons for the consensus opinion being what it is.

911 call logs shed light on 'Super Mom' Sherri Papini's past

Sheriff investigating hate blog against Latinos in kidnapped mom case

Consensus opinion is fine (despite being an oxymoron), this is clearly something else.

There's 23 prior threads no one with a life has time to read through all of them, that's not a reasonable suggestion at all.

bbm
Agreed.
I'd read that before , here at WS.
A long time ago.

Theories ?
We can speculate here.
WS is a forum set up for that and has been more valuable than some msm articles.
I'm admittedly biased towards WS.

It's possible she was never kidnapped but somewhere with this mystery man.

I feel sorry for the people who contributed $$ towards her 'rescue' from the Latinas.
My opinion is that no Hispanic women kidnapped her.
Did she have any prior history with Hispanics or did she harbor any animosity towards them?

Consensus opinion is fine (despite being an oxymoron), this is clearly something else.

There's 23 prior threads no one with a life has time to read through all of them, that's not a reasonable suggestion at all.
I kind of 'skim' read.
Or speed read.
There are some cases that fascinate me but I lack the amount of time to sift through everything.

WS'rs are thorough in their posts and links. So there's a lot to cover.

The case of the apparent terrorist encampment in New Mexico where the children were rescued .... now that's sad but fascinating.

The first articles hinted towards the group having created a 'mock up' of an elementary school nearby and the people inc. children were being trained to carry out a military style attack.
They weren't just doing propaganda/brainwashing.

If you remember the photos... a plastic sheet-covered, painted sheetrock, and tire-surrounded compound.
Crazy.

I kind of 'skim' read.
Or speed read.
There are some cases that fascinate me but I lack the amount of time to sift through everything.

WS'rs are thorough in their posts and links. So there's a lot to cover.

The case of the apparent terrorist encampment in New Mexico where the children were rescued .... now that's sad but fascinating.

The first articles hinted towards the group having created a 'mock up' of an elementary school nearby and the people inc. children were being trained to carry out a military style attack.
They weren't just doing propaganda/brainwashing.

If you remember the photos... a plastic sheet-covered, painted sheetrock, and tire-surrounded compound.
Crazy.

I'm the last person who'd mock anyone who needs any type of help, i've straight laid out my own problems here more than once..in unnecessary detail. Been mocked several times for it but whatever if you aren't doing well please message me i'll give you my all no questions asked!

:)

I've never seen any evidence that proves Sherri Papini lied about what happened to her.

Until evidence comes forward that proves this was a hoax I will consider her to be a victim. JMO.

I'm the last person who'd mock anyone who needs any type of help, i've straight laid out my own problems here more than once..in unnecessary detail. Been mocked several times for it but whatever if you aren't doing well please message me i'll give you my all no questions asked!

:)
Thanks.
Sorry if you've felt mocked or 'slighted' by anyone here at WS.
I doubt it was anyone's intent.

This WS group is more "approachable" and balanced than some forums and sites.

She is home (I assume) with her family and doing well from the latest news.
And if the latest article is correct in stating that the family is living in seclusion for her emotional recovery -- someone is supporting them as the husband is probably not working and is caring for Sherri.
My point : If she needs help, there's assistance and they may be availing themselves of it.
As far as this forum, no one has mocked her.
But there are questions from members here at WS, and that's to be expected as it's rare for a kidnap victim to be released.
As far as this case , unless a new msm article comes out I'll be moving along.

I've never seen any evidence that proves Sherri Papini lied about what happened to her.

Until evidence comes forward that proves this was a hoax I will consider her to be a victim. JMO.

I'm naturally skeptical so can't go this far but i really respect this stance. At the very least without proof of nefariousness, accusing her in the manner a lot of people do without proof helps absolutely no one. People doing that are largely thinking of themselves and how they interpret the situation and not what went wrong and how it could be prevented. IMO.

I think everyone should take a step back and not allow themselves to feel involved in cases because it results in them feeling its personal and that's just the first step to wrongful conviction whether actual conviction or just publicly.

Thanks.
Sorry if you've felt mocked or 'slighted' by anyone here at WS.
I doubt it was anyone's intent.

This WS group is more "approachable" and balanced than some forums and sites.

She is home (I assume) with her family and doing well from the latest news.
And if the latest article is correct in stating that the family is living in seclusion for her emotional recovery -- someone is supporting them as the husband is probably not working and is caring for Sherri.
My point : If she needs help, there's assistance and they may be availing themselves of it.
As far as this forum, no one has mocked her.
But there are questions from members here at WS, and that's to be expected as it's rare for a kidnap victim to be released.
As far as this case , unless a new msm article comes out I'll be moving along.

Good post :)

At the very least without proof of nefariousness, accusing her in the manner a lot of people do without proof helps absolutely no one. People doing that are largely thinking of themselves and how they interpret the situation and not what went wrong and how it could be prevented. IMO.

I think everyone should take a step back and not allow themselves to feel involved in cases because it results in them feeling its personal and that's just the first step to wrongful conviction whether actual conviction or just publicly.

While I am very much on the fence with whether or not she was actually kidnapped or made the whole thing up for whatever reason, I think the evidence, or lack of it, as it were, leads a great number of people here at WS and elsewhere, to assume she was lying. For those of us who routinely follow these kinds of cases, it absolutely has to do with interpreting the situation based on what's been made public knowledge, and that evidence doesn't line up with actual kidnappings that have been proven to be true.

I haven't seen anyone here so attached to this case it's become personal for them. That would be sort of creepy, really. At the end of the day, if the general public is left with the impression that she was lying about the whole thing, that has far more to do with what's made publicly available, than anything else. Her story just doesn't line up, the way it's been disclosed. That said, I'm still willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, only because I can't bring myself to accept people beating the snot out of themselves, just for attention.

Moo & all those WS disclaimers. :)

I remember when this whole thing started. KP said when he saw SP's phone on the ground, he "IMMEDIATELY" knew that she had been "TAKEN"?

People use words like kidnapped or abducted, but the only time I ever heard "TAKEN" in a situation like this was when I saw the movie Taken (film) - Wikipedia . Ironically the whole film was about a guy's daughter who had been abducted by a sex trafficking ring. WOW! What a coincidence. Then Gamble came into the picture and pretty much mimicked play by play scenes from the Mel Gibson movie ransom.

Everything just seemed so perfectly rehearsed, from the give me page setup within 48-hours, right up until the very elaborate professionally written and rehearsed Good Morning America speech at the end.

Just so perfect..

There is no "proof" the story is false.
There is "evidence" that it is.
There are innumerable irregularities and quirks to their tale, and many similarities to other cases, leaving a lot of room for speculation and doubt.
Our Justice System has numerous checks & balances.
With LE having such a recent miss when accusing a victim, they seemed to err on the side of caution. They should, anyway, but at least explore all logical options.

The loving husband is an aspiring writer, right? His comments reek of bodice-ripping paperback prattle. He controlled everything. I have my theory, with a couple branches, on that...

**Opinion alert** Cat & mouse, cuckoldry, commerce, something was going on in their dynamic, and there was a boundary dispute.

GetFoolsMoney campaigns are not allocated by public opinion. It wasn't closed until after she was home, brought up in numerous comments there. I'm not sure how to tell if the funds were withdrawn.

CamGam is either opportunist or accomplice, or both. He's a textbook self-aggrandizing Military/LE sorta-was, that embellished to absurdity. In that he was attempting to support a family with it, makes it slightly less callous.

What's also amazing, is how he was right, right, right. Right from the beginning till the end. As soon as he realized SP wasn't home, he just immediately launches "Find Phone" app. Then as soon as he saw the phone on the ground he just knew EXACTLY what happened. I think he even took a picture of it.

She was "TAKEN", ironically the same phrase Gamble uses in his commercials . Huh?

So now its time to take action. Hurry, hurry, hurry, get giveme page launched, find the best photos, portray a fairytale looking family, call in Gamble (his own personal a team).

Then tell all us subhuman nonbelievers to be ashamed of ourselves because SP's SIGNATURE hair has been cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆